Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

I think rockstar will do 3-5 county

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

it would be cool if each town and village had its own law enforcement, like real life. Slightly different police cars and such... But highly doubtful.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:41 AM Edited by USAPatriot, 20 November 2012 - 07:57 AM.

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 04:23)
I think rockstar will do 3-5 county

QUOTE (killahmatic @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 04:25)
it would be cool if each town and village had its own law enforcement, like real life. Slightly different police cars and such... But highly doubtful.

I would like to see that, all with unique sheriff office's. I know I am asking too much for this . . . but if there was a larger or medium sized town in the country, it would be nice to see a different municipal police force as well, something that wasn't the sheriff.

For example, if we broke down San Andreas from the original PS2, numerous towns could have easily had their own municipal police forces. I could see Palomino Creek, Fort Carson could have had one, maybe even Montgomery or Blueberry. Instead we had numerous towns with SHERIFF BUILDINGS, but no sheriff cars, just San Andreas State Police. Didn't make much sense . . . but they took the time to make separate uniforms and buildings for them all. Just never implemented the vehicles.

They would need to realistically do each county too, make sure each county has a "county seat." Flint County in San Andreas had no towns in it, which made it an "impossible" county to have because it had no seat of government, and no incorporated town.

But for now I will take that big step Rockstar took with adding sheriff's offices. smile.gif I am not complaining.

user posted image
(Boring fictional Fort Carson PD unit I made just for this thread. smile.gif )
  • GTALE likes this

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

It's like pulling teeth to get people to respond to this thread...

Anyone got something they want to add? I feel we have so much we could cover, but no one is really discussing it. :-/

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Great research OP.

I believe that we're gonna see 3 distinct counties: 2 are already confirmed, Los Santos County (based of LA County of course) and Blaine County (San Bernardino + Riverside Counties mashed up).
Plus Orange County...in a GTA name of course...

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Some new images of units appeared and here is some analysis.

user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

daseemore
  • daseemore

Mob Boss

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 02:05)

user posted image

Good find I don't belive I have seen this screen before could yo?u show the whole thing perhaps?

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (daseemore @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 09:31)

[IMAGE]

Good find I don't belive I have seen this screen before could yo?u show the whole thing perhaps?

Yes of course.

user posted image

Here is the image. It is from a Hungarian magazine.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

You proved the existance of Sheriffs in V, well done icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
i loved the sherrifs in SA.

daseemore
  • daseemore

Mob Boss

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 17:13)
QUOTE (daseemore @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 09:31)
Some new images of units appeared and here is some analysis.†

[IMAGE]

Yes of course.

user posted image

Here is the image. It is from a Hungarian magazine.

This thread is to cool to die! And thanks for the image to mate best image I have seen so far!!!!!!!!!!!

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:14 AM Edited by USAPatriot, 04 January 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Got some more break down, and tried to clean up the sheriff cars we saw by re-drawing them in a very rough fashion. But it gives us an idea of what we have seen behind those grainy, poor quality images. Come on Rockstar, lets see them up close in HD quality! smile.gif The text below is in reference to the photos I have labeled in the picture.

user posted image

A. The Sheriff car we see in the image
clearly has sheriff written on the hood
and side as well as smaller text we canít
read. Most likely the county name.
The car appears to be a Vapid,
same as the LSPD cars we
see, but appears in blue
and white. It looks as if
a blue stripe or text
is on the hood
and along
the side.
Numbers on
the roof and
a Chevy-esque
grill with the
Vapid (Ford) symbol.
Also a push bar up front.

B. The two
SUVs in this shot
are hard to make out,
but a stripe of some color
is clearly visible and appears
to be thicker then any stripe
seen on the cruiser. The front
appears to be older model Ford Explorer
with a Suburban/Tahoe side.
Lights on the mirrors,
the rest is pure
interpretation.

We can maybe estimate 3 counties
in the game (Los Santos County, Blaine County . . . probably another)? will other counties
or towns have unique law
enforcement? Los Santos
County will probably
not have sheriff
cars but LSPD.
We know of
Blaine County
only, but maybe others?
San Andreas Highway Patrol?
State Police? Other agencies?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

NeurmancerJensen
  • NeurmancerJensen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Bravo USAPatriot, bravo!

I really liked this thread.

Finding out there will be different police forces as well as learning of sharks and subs has really
given me hope for spot on attention to detail and GTAV truly being the most immersive game by R* (or anyone) yet.

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

And this, my friend, is how topics should be made. Some awesome discoveries also, with the patrols in the screenshots. You've probably just discovered a new feature!

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Really? The front of the sheriff car is not a blue stripe, it's part of the grille.

Caleb_SA
  • Caleb_SA

✅ Verified account

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Where do I find the 2 suv's?

Are theyin trailer 2?

If so what's the time marker on the video?

I might try to enhance the original.

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Good Topic!!!!! icon14.gif

sivaG
  • sivaG

Mike D Santa

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

I have read the long post.good topic.And I want to see counties and jurisdictions.Different type of police cruisers would be a nice implementation.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I am thrilled at the enjoyment people have from reading this. I am working on a new section as we speak, and am just waiting for a new image with patrol cars to give me some new material to work off of. Those "sheriff" trucks labeled in the posts above have different markings according to a new HD photo, and they could even be seen as a Border Patrol unit or customs, but I don't know. Thanks everyone and look forward for more.

Would love to hear more responses and ideas from you guys.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

This thread is dope, just like you Patriots, I always looked at Los Santos as being its own county. Infact in Los Santos, there's actually a jail modeled after the LA County Jail in the Commerce neighborhood. This jail was SEPERATE from the LSPD headquarters that Sweet was locked up in. Remember this building?

user posted imageuser posted image

The fact that Rockstar made a replica of LA County Jail in San Andreas, ALWAYS made me believe Los Santos was its own county. Los Santos was LS County, San Fierro was San Fierro County, and Las Venturas was Charles County in my game. As far as Liberty City goes, in my game every borough was a county. Liberty County (Algonquin), Bohan County (Bohan), Lords County (Broker), and Dukes County (Dukes). Westdyke and Leftwood were Berger County. Alderney City, Berchem, Acter, Normandy were West County. And Tudor, Port Tudor, and Acter Industrial were Utica County. Vice City was Dane County. If Rockstar doesnt put counties in GTA V I'll just make some up like I usually do because it HATE when features are unnamed.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 22:03)
This thread is dope, just like you Patriots, I always looked at Los Santos as being its own county. Infact in Los Santos, there's actually a jail modeled after the LA County Jail in the Commerce neighborhood. This jail was SEPERATE from the LSPD headquarters that Sweet was locked up in. Remember this building?

user posted imageuser posted image

The fact that Rockstar made a replica of LA County Jail in San Andreas, ALWAYS made me believe Los Santos was its own county. Los Santos was LS County, San Fierro was San Fierro County, and Las Venturas was Charles County in my game. As far as Liberty City goes, in my game every borough was a county. Liberty County (Algonquin), Bohan County (Bohan), Lords County (Broker), and Dukes County (Dukes). Westdyke and Leftwood were Berger County. Alderney City, Berchem, Acter, Normandy were West County. And Tudor, Port Tudor, and Acter Industrial were Utica County. Vice City was Dane County. If Rockstar doesnt put counties in GTA V I'll just make some up like I usually do because it HATE when features are unnamed.

I was the exact same way! Thanks for pointing out the jail building in Los Santos. Do you know if it has any signs saying what it is, or if it even says Los Santos County Jail maybe? That would be awesome if it did, and I just never knew it.

What bugged me in SA was that some of the counties didn't have a "sheriff's" office or at least a building for one. Flint County always confused me as well, because it had no town really to even house a sheriff's station . . . so I always just pictured that cluster of buildings by the Flint Intersection as the unicorporated town of "Flint," and one of the local garages simply had a few sheriff cars there that went out and patrolled the county.

As we can see, this game does have SHERIFF cars, but lets hope Rockstar takes the time to give each county different actual cars, instead of the same sheriff car for every rural region or county. Again, I do not expect Rockstar to make Los Santos County Sheriff cars, but it would be sweet if they did. Just like it would be sweet to see Blaine County Sheriff units, or another municipal police force . . . maybe in a larger community like Grapeseed, or something. I don't know? But yes! Thank you for sharing!

CommonSensePlayer
  • CommonSensePlayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Did San Fierro have a jail besides the police station?

I always viewed Las Venturas' police headquarters as a municipal county mixed use building.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Not that I know of in San Fierro, there appears to be no prison or jail besides the SFPD. I was surprised that SA had no Alcatraz parody.

Just keep our fingers crossed for more pictures, hopefully showing different law enforcement agencies so we can have more detailed analysis and descriptions. The more indepth they get with counties and jurisdictions, the more fun it will be. Rockstar has always been good with socio-economic realism, that most players blow off and don't even realize. Lets see them finally do it with law enforcement (not just make them and no introduce them into the game like they did SA and GTIV).

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I swear, you make some interesting topics and posts.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Jan 8 2013, 22:57)
I swear, you make some interesting topics and posts.

Thanks. Really wish we had some new info and details to go off of. I really want to see how in depth policing, counties, social structure, and jurisdictions are in this game. Rockstar has made them deep before, but the average players takes no notice of the world around them. It goes completely unnoticed because it is not something they think about. But Rockstar certainly has people who study all this, because they are also trying to make a point about the structure of the world around us, and how things are done a certain way.

We live in a structured society. A society with laws and rules, and whether you want to admit it or not, we are people who want safety within our routine.

So for everyone else reading this . . . can't wait for some new screenshots, hopefully with law enforcement vehicles and towns!

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

A little bit off topic, but the first photo(the county map) in your original post is loading really slow.

Edit: You're welcome by the way. biggrin.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 01:23)
A little bit off topic, but the first photo(the county map) in your original post is loading really slow.

Edit: You're welcome by the way. biggrin.gif

Thanks. I will see why it is loading slow. If I can fix it, I will. smile.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:25 AM Edited by USAPatriot, 29 March 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Here we go again everyone! With a quick update!

user posted image

So what do these photos show us? They show us possibly a new law enforcement agency and give us an idea on how the structure of the wanted system will go. Read below!

CHOPPER PIC - We see a Los Santos Police helicopter which is clearly obvious by the LSPD logo. This does raise the question though as to how far out of the city limits will this chopper follow or go? This image is clearly on the outskirts of Los Santos and right there is the municipal police chopper following over head. We also get to see the search light in action (lets hope the players can control them too!). This image also reveals a lot about the layout of Los Santos, but I will leave that to the pros. The chopper has an armed gunman along the side door, which is open, if you didn't notice.

SUV PIC - Look at the heavily armed law enforcement personnel hanging along the sides. This is a far cry from the olden days when they would ride inside the vehicle... lets hope they still do that. Nothing looks goofier then a high speed pursuit such as this and guys risking their lives hanging on the sides of SUVs. How about they just ride along the sides during a riot or SWAT situation downtown? They shouldn't be hanging on on a high speed pursuit on the 101.
I will get to the SUV in a second, but lets talk about the wanted system. In previous photos released (and can be seen before) we can see these SUVs as part of a sheriff's office (but they are white and blue), and they have the same armed dudes. So it is pretty safe to say that at a certain wanted level, no matter the agency pursuing, their agency will have SUVs like this and armed guys like this, come after you. You will also note the patrol car far back in the distance of the original image. Some might say the cruiser looks white, but it is probably the lighting and reflections.

So the SUV itself. It has the same mirror lights the white and blue sheriff cars have. It is clearly a mix of the Suburban in size and is supposed to be the GTA worlds take on the Tahoe.... but Suburban sized. On all variants of this SUV so far, the light bar has been thin. The SUVs colors in this pic I assume are black and white, but it is hard to tell with the lighting. It almost looks white along the sides with a black front hood, similar to Alaskan State Trooper units if you've never sen one. The side bears no markings from these photos, but I am sure they do have markings. So it makes it hard to tell which agency this is... whether federal, municipal, county, or something else. It would be nice to confirm another sheriff's agency beside the Blaine County Sheriff cars I picked out long before anyone.... okay, enough of that gloating.

The location is dessert for sure, and we can see some landmarks. And early IGN article claimed that the Alamo Sea area was "Blaine County." They said Blaine County was dessert. So will a more wooded county or area... Grapeseed... have a different sheriffs office? As said above, it is too hard to see the markings of these units, and they could very well be a second county agency we don't know about also located in a dessert. Military MPs because Trevor is near a military base? Who really knows? Well... ROCKSTAR does.... I don't. So there is some stuff to chew on. Enjoy and take care. Thanks for reading or at least looking at the pictures.

So anyone else see anything else law enforcement related in these pics?

ALSO: The photo of Franklin firing the minigun has the LA County Coroners Office and a burned out police cruiser.

Real Photo

Game Photo

Previous reference photos. Pretty spot on from the beginning. Note we still have no clear sighting of the law enforcement van.
user posted image
user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

I usually just lurk these forums as I have done for almost 8 years, but I created an account just to respond to this thread. First off, this thread is awesome and it provides so much input and things to think about. You sound educated, and it makes for a better read. It also seems like you truly know a lot about law enforcement and how things work. It is a far cry from the majority of people screaming on the forums wishing for Lambo like police vehicles and having no idea about what makes sheriff agency different then a municipal force, state force, etc, etc. Let me also give you some credit where it is due as you were the first to point out and confirm a sheriff's agency in GTA V as well as your work on the Salton Sea (Alamo Sea) and Slab City. So this entire thread topic is freaking awesome. Thank you for making it, USAPatriot

Now for my gripe. You have this set up so precisely but at the same time you say none of what you are saying could be true, but you at least provide evidence and you never ramble about "confirmed this, and confirmed that." I would just love to see the same level of attention to detail you have done with jurisdictions and counties be in the game, and I fear it won't be. It is surely a far cry to hope for all these levels of law enforcement, but we can see, thanks to your findings, that there will at least be a sheriff's office for some county out there, we only know of Blaine. So at least they did that. Your recent find on the SUVs (great analysis by the way) is telling of the games wanted system as these dudes do seem like they will appear at a certain level no matter the jurisdiction we are in (city or county), the game will just change the vehicles markings. I don't like the fact that they will be hanging on at even high speeds.

I found the analysis of the vehicles interesting too, thanks for that and I really enjoyed it. Some people are still thinking the original Vapid is in the game, but it isn't. It would seem Rockstar has updated the Vapid design. Still want to see that new LSPD wagon we saw in a previous video too. Hope you can find out more on that.

If I can think of more to add, I will do so. Keep up the great thread, mate!

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Finally a wothy topic, nice find, I think it's compulsory to add more police jurisdictions, sherif cars and all that stuff, I doubt that I would see a LAPD car 50 miles away from LA

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 15:20)
I usually just lurk these forums as I have done for almost 8 years, but I created an account just to respond to this thread. First off, this thread is awesome and it provides so much input and things to think about. You sound educated, and it makes for a better read. It also seems like you truly know a lot about law enforcement and how things work. It is a far cry from the majority of people screaming on the forums wishing for Lambo like police vehicles and having no idea about what makes sheriff agency different then a municipal force, state force, etc, etc. Let me also give you some credit where it is due as you were the first to point out and confirm a sheriff's agency in GTA V as well as your work on the Salton Sea (Alamo Sea) and Slab City. So this entire thread topic is freaking awesome. Thank you for making it, USAPatriot

Now for my gripe. You have this set up so precisely but at the same time you say none of what you are saying could be true, but you at least provide evidence and you never ramble about "confirmed this, and confirmed that." I would just love to see the same level of attention to detail you have done with jurisdictions and counties be in the game, and I fear it won't be. It is surely a far cry to hope for all these levels of law enforcement, but we can see, thanks to your findings, that there will at least be a sheriff's office for some county out there, we only know of Blaine. So at least they did that. Your recent find on the SUVs (great analysis by the way) is telling of the games wanted system as these dudes do seem like they will appear at a certain level no matter the jurisdiction we are in (city or county), the game will just change the vehicles markings. I don't like the fact that they will be hanging on at even high speeds.

I found the analysis of the vehicles interesting too, thanks for that and I really enjoyed it. Some people are still thinking the original Vapid is in the game, but it isn't. It would seem Rockstar has updated the Vapid design. Still want to see that new LSPD wagon we saw in a previous video too. Hope you can find out more on that.

If I can think of more to add, I will do so. Keep up the great thread, mate!

icon14.gif Very well said.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users