Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Very cool new screenshot from gtav.net!  Still wondering about the jurisdiction of the generic police vehicles as they appear here to be well outside city limits....vinewood_large.jpg

Yes, lots of new screens to look at.  Here are some below.

GTAV_ExclusiveRSW_Screen.png
This doesn't appear to be within Los Santos (trees) but this sheriff cruiser still says Los Santos County on the side... so our fears may be correct.  No Blaine County Sheriff cruiser, even in Blaine County. :(  Though it could still be Los Santos County based on the 4th image below showing similar trees.

official-screenshot-military-helicopter-
Another view of a Marines army helicopter.

1378740243.png

808010135.png
Note police cars far on right hand corner, bottom.

image_1.png
Nice shot of a pre-2013 Vapid Cruiser.

Thanks USAPatriot for posting those!  Here are a few more I found out there.  I like the detail they appear to have put into the officers themselves.9.jpg10.pngHere's a nice shot of what the rear of a sheriff cruiser should look like....even though it's clearly not Blaine County.gtanetpl.png

Hey, we got lots of good law enforcement vehicles pics the last day here.   Here is one more.

gta5_gtainside_exclusive_zpsf3d18473.jpg

So once again, Rockstar put tons of effort into the law enforcement aspect of the game, something we should all thank them for.  But as USAPatriot said since the first post of this thread, they JUST didn't follow through till the very end and got counties confused with localities.  Los Santos County Sheriff will FOR SOME REASON, be the law enforcement agency in Blaine County.

In my head, I will probably just pretend the sheriff cars are Blaine County when in Blaine County.

Man I am loving those cruisers!

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Look under Fort Zancudo on the map and follow roughly Highway 68.  That is the Los Santos County line and Blaine County line, most of the way.  It heads southward when reaching the eastern coast dissecting a road as it then turns eastward again.  Just looking at this visually, it appears Los Santos County may be a tad bigger then Blaine County, but I could be wrong.

Los Santos has several urban areas and towns, some of which are not clearly labelled on the map including an area I guess they call Chumash.

The name Palomino returns, but as the Palomino Highlands, and I don't see any town in that area.  Palomino Creek was a town name in San Andreas during the 3D era.

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

I see the county line now.  So THAT would show why we saw LOS SANTOS COUNTY SHERIFF cars in the chase scene by the prison.  They were still in Los Santos County.    There is still a tiny thread of hope for a Blaine County Sheriff's Office, but is it looking bleaker each day.

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Doing some looking..... here are all the Los Santos Police precincts.

There is one in the Rockford Hills neighborhood, Vinewood (to the east, but not East Vinewood), border of Vespucci and Del Perro, Downtown, South Los Santos, and East Los Santos.  This does not include security offices, or maybe a police presence at the airport, etc.  We have no way of seeing differences between police and sheriff.

Two police icons in Blaine County.  One in Sandy Shores, which would be the south precinct for the Blaine County Sheriff's Office and one north in Paleto Bay.

On a side note, I see two major hospitals in Los Santos.  There is a hospital in Sandy Shores (probably a clinic) and one in Paleto (smaller hospital I am sure).

Sadly, no confirmation of a Blaine County Sheriff's Office, and info we've recieved the last few days play down there is even an agency for them. :-/

Oh very nice!  Thanks for sharing all of that.  I really hope Blaine County Sheriff is in the game still.  We haven't totally seen as many sheriff cars in Blaine County region yet where we can read the name.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

So lets give Rockstar a ton of credit for how well they designed the cars and fixed them all up.  They looked great, and the original pre-2013 Vapid Cruiser (which they changed so many times, we saw it evolve) now looked amazing.  

Again, my only negative is the LACK of Blaine County Sheriff.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 10 September 2013 - 07:07 PM.

^ Hold your horses.  I know the chances of the Blaine County Sheriff's Office is very slim, but we still have glimmers of hope.

The white and green Delcasse Granger SUV.  Who's is it?  Which agency? :)

Black and white Buffalos with the badges?  Who's is it? 

Will there be San Andreas Highway Patrol?  Motorcycle units with blue helmets, remember?

We still have yet to see a San Andreas Park Ranger unit to fully confirm what they look like.

There is still a lot of mysteries and glimmers of hope guys.

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

^ Hold your horses.  I know the chances of the Blaine County Sheriff's Office is very slim, but we still have glimmers of hope.

Will there be San Andreas Highway Patrol?  Motorcycle units with blue helmets, remember?

We still have yet to see a San Andreas Park Ranger unit to fully confirm what they look like.

You're right!  AAHHHH!  There are so many unknowns still!  I'm so excited!

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

You're right.  There are several things we can not be sure of yet, and just that speculation and guessing alone has be super excited.

I'm surprised by how few people actually respond to this topic's great insight.  It is one of the top threads on GTA V forums for sure, but easily the most overlooked.  It is only when the handful of people who do look and take the time to read it, they all admit it is awesome.  Cookies and thumbs up.  Great discussion today, but I am heading out for now. 

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

You're right.  There are several things we can not be sure of yet, and just that speculation and guessing alone has be super excited.

I'm surprised by how few people actually respond to this topic's great insight.  It is one of the top threads on GTA V forums for sure, but easily the most overlooked.  It is only when the handful of people who do look and take the time to read it, they all admit it is awesome.  Cookies and thumbs up.  Great discussion today, but I am heading out for now. 

Totally, my thoughts exactly.  See ya.

dbz_master_SA_4life
  • dbz_master_SA_4life

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

^ Been mainly following this topic first it started, hardly commented but just wanted to say there has been good contributions to this thread :D :cool:

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

So we still have that glimmer of hope for Blaine County Sheriff cars.  The latest screens don't help our case, but USAPatriot brings up the white suv with the green stripe, and it is still an unknown.  Heres to hoping everyone!

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 11 September 2013 - 03:43 AM.

Yes, we still have a slight opportunity for Blaine County Sheriff's Office units to appear.  It is unlikely, but we really haven't been given a good view of cruisers IN BLAINE COUNTY themselves, at least enough to read the side.

I still think of the sheriff cruisers on the various bridge scenes, all of those are in Blaine County, and while the cars look like Los Santos Sheriff units, we can't read them up close. They might be re-badged.

We also have the black and white Buffalo's, and our biggest glimmer of hope being the white Declasse Grangers with the green stripe.  Don't forget the motorcycle units with the blue helmets for possibly San Andreas Highway Patrol.

It makes me wonder if we will get police radio chatter like GTA IV where they had Alderney State Police officer uniforms and police chatter, but they all drove LCPD cars.  We might hear Blaine County Sheriff officers... but they all drive Los Santos County Sheriff cars.  If this is the case, I was right about them not following through on this tiny, but major element to the game.

856-1280.jpg

This could be a Blaine County unit, as it is in Blaine County, but we can't read the side.  It looks the same as a Los Santos County Sheriff cruiser though.

801-1280.jpg

Los Santos County Sheriff Declasse SUVs.  White Los Santos County Cruiser in an area that is undetermined, but some think it is Blaine County.  I don't know.

832-1280.jpg

Most likely Los Santos Sheriff units in a Blaine County location, but it can not be determined 100%.

859-1280.jpg

Based on if the map released today was true and accurate, this location would be Blaine County, right across the Los Santos County line.  The SUVs we assume are Los Santos County Sheriff, as are the cars.  We can't be 100% as we can't read them.  Logos and same design all points to LSCO.

3ytx.jpg

Still an undetermined agency, but all hopes are being placed on these white and green Declasse Granger's to being Blaine County Sheriff units.  Please, please, please.  These units only appear in a few scenes, and they have always been in rural areas, but they have always appeared in Los Santos County.  The prison is in Los Santos County.  The other screen this unit appears in is by the Vinewood sign, which of course is in Los Santos County.

ien1.jpg

Another unit on the bridge that is technically in Blaine County.  It looks like an LSCO unit.

pZHTGeT.jpg

Two things from this image.  Lower left, all black vehicle is NOT an unmarked law enforcement vehicle.  Second, Remember a long time ago we saw what appeared to be a black and white Los Santos PD van/wagon?  Does the burned out vehicle look like the same wagon?  Sort of does.  Check the image below for comparisons.

azvehdatab_NC51.jpg

Check caption under previous image.

Buffalo.JPG

This units have appeared both on a single player screenshot and on the GTA V online trailer.  Black and white Buffalo Bravado's.  They seems like the are LSPD, but they could be something else, because we have seen them outside of Los Santos as well.

See, there is a lot of hope still, and a lot of unknowns.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by GTALE, 10 September 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Thanks for bringing pictures up to show everything again.  I totally forgot about that van, but that burned out van looks very similar in the front window, with the tilt and angling, as the police one.   The burned out one doesn't appear to be a law enforcement unit though, but it might be the same vehicle.  A new Pony van?

I have my fingers crossed so much that the white and green SUV is a sheriff unit for Blaine County, but your analysis makes me think otherwise.  Because according to the map as you say, it has only appeared in Los Santos County in ever screen.  Bummer.

On the map, there is an area that is over the building we used to think of as the Los Santos County Government Building.  It says National Office of Security Enforcement.  Any ideas?  Are they like the NSA?  Lol?  Maybe they are supposed to be this games U.S. Customs and Border Protection... and could be those white and green SUVs.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

On the map, there is an area that is over the building we used to think of as the Los Santos County Government Building.  It says National Office of Security Enforcement.  Any ideas?  Are they like the NSA?  Lol?  Maybe they are supposed to be this games U.S. Customs and Border Protection... and could be those white and green SUVs.

That might be a pretty major revelation actually.  That could very well be who the National Office of Security Enforcement are in this game!  Wow.  Good job.  

At first I was thinking NSA (National Security Agency), but that didn't make any sense. Well, it could still be them... but yeah.

We have several federal agencies in this game, and we have yet to know if they will have official units or vehicles in the game such as the IAA, FIB, and the newly discovered NSE or NOSE or NOOSE (National Office of Security Enforcement).  In GTA IV, NOOSE was supposed to be a take on Homeland Security, which is now the Federal Protective Service in the United States.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

NOOSE will be in the game, but we have yet to see their vehicles.  Should be interesting if their cars, IAA, and FIB cars are also included.

jordan39g
  • jordan39g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

Like GTALE said: thanks to USAPatriot for recalling those photos.  It really reminds us of everything we know up to this point.  As far as the green & white SUV I keep thinking it's gonna be a park ranger only because the game play review from awhile back that said, "A bit closer, we see a park ranger doing the rounds."  But it's been said: there are still so many unknowns.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

I just can't wrap my head around as to why a Park Ranger would be joining in on a police pursuit, and having armed SWAT guys shoot at people.  That doesn't even make sense to me.  I could easily see the white and green SUV as a park ranger, but the first part to me doesn't make sense.

We saw them in the Vinewood Trevor climbing shots, as SWAT guys.

jordan39g
  • jordan39g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

I just can't wrap my head around as to why a Park Ranger would be joining in on a police pursuit, and having armed SWAT guys shoot at people.  That doesn't even make sense to me.  I could easily see the white and green SUV as a park ranger, but the first part to me doesn't make sense.

We saw them in the Vinewood Trevor climbing shots, as SWAT guys.

A good point....does seem pretty unrealistic as far as the SWAT guys.  But because a park ranger is law enforcement I could see R* programming them to behave the same as the other LE units and therefore joining pursuits, etc.  But not the SWAT guys thing lol seems to weird.  Either way I hope it does turn out to be Blaine county Sheriff's department.

albinobuffalo96
  • albinobuffalo96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

Btw that isnt an unmarked vehicle in the plane explosion shot. It's just an IV Oracle with a flaming ember from the explosion in front of it. If you look at the other embers coming off the explosion you will see my point

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

Btw that isnt an unmarked vehicle in the plane explosion shot. It's just an IV Oracle with a flaming ember from the explosion in front of it. If you look at the other embers coming off the explosion you will see my point

You are VERY correct.  I will fix that, thank you.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

you guys forget that there where 2 types of police cars in 4. so there could be 2 types in the same city.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

you guys forget that there where 2 types of police cars in 4. so there could be 2 types in the same city.

We didn't forget at all, you just haven't paid much attention to the thread whenever you comment. ;)  We've gone over this a ton.

GTA IV has the Declasse Patrol which was a Delcasse Merit.  There was also the Vapid Cruiser.  In the GTA IV expansions, they added a motorcycle, the Stinger, and the Bravado Buffalo.

We already know there are at least 3 different types of vehicles for the LSPD alone so far.  Pay attention. ;)  Here, have some coffee or tea.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

Did you not notice that the badge on the Buffalo is the exact same one that the LSPD officers wear?  On another note, it is quite disappointing to see a lack of consistency between the three LSPD police vehicles.

• Vapid Cruiser - Realistic LAPD themed livery, complete with accurate bumper stickers on the back and unit numbers on top
  • Vapid Interceptor - Generic police livery with accurate LAPD themed bumper stickers on the back and unit numbers on top
  • Bravado Buffalo - Generic police livery with no bumper stickers on the back and no unit numbers on top, LSPD badge on the hood
  • LSPD Moonbeam (?) - It looks like it uses the LAPD themed livery

And it is looking more and more likely that the white SUV are the park rangers because that sure is not the NOOSE logo on the door, nor is it the LSSD logo.  Lastly, the odds of having a Blaine County Sheriff in the game is next to none.  In the official trailer, when they show Paletto towards the end, you can see the white LSSD cars in the background.  This is looking like IV and SA all over again.

LSPD_Dragon
  • LSPD_Dragon

Police Officer

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

You know, thinking a while and what if the Buffalo and new Vapid Interceptor are San Andrea's Highway Patrol?

Would explain why they only say "POLICE" on the side, I'm aware of the badge on the Buffalo's hood but have we had a clear close up to what it says exactly? Plus in the online trailer, the Buffalo's were seen far outside the city on a freeway in the near desert. I know about the LSPD bumper sticker on the new Vapid too but again could just be something like "Don't use drugs" or "No domestic Violence" message sponsored by LSPD.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

You know, thinking a while and what if the Buffalo and new Vapid Interceptor are San Andrea's Highway Patrol?

Would explain why they only say "POLICE" on the side, I'm aware of the badge on the Buffalo's hood but have we had a clear close up to what it says exactly? Plus in the online trailer, the Buffalo's were seen far outside the city on a freeway in the near desert. I know about the LSPD bumper sticker on the new Vapid too but again could just be something like "Don't use drugs" or "No domestic Violence" message sponsored by LSPD.

Several have hoped for that, USAPatriot originally said they might be San Andreas Highway Patrol, but had no evidence to support it.  Though we do know of motorcycle units with blue helmets, and we DON'T yet know who they belong too.

I have not see a Los Santos Police badge yet, so I can't say that the Buffalo's are Los Santos PD units.  They might be SAHP as many have said for awhile here.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Nice theory but if it was San Andreas Highway Patrol, it would say San Andreas Highway Patrol.  And regular LSPD officers are pictured driving both the Buffalo and the Interceptor so that blows that theory out of the way.  Not to mention to generic looking cops with the POLICE plate carriers also pictured with the Interceptor.  I would imagine that this is what the badge on the hood of the Buffalo looks like.

2013-09-10_234847.png

Several have hoped for that, USAPatriot originally said they might be San Andreas Highway Patrol, but had no evidence to support it.  Though we do know of motorcycle units with blue helmets, and we DON'T yet know who they belong too.

I have not see a Los Santos Police badge yet, so I can't say that the Buffalo's are Los Santos PD units.  They might be SAHP as many have said for awhile here.

They most definitely are not SAHP.  I hope in whatever reamining content that R* releases until launch, they reveal more about those motorcycle units.  Or we can find out for ourselves in six more days.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

There is still glimmers of hope though.  No need to be so negative LAPD 85.

Rockstar has already changed many things from how they really look.  The generic LSPD cars look nothing like current LAPD cars, and the Los Santos Sheriff's Office doesn't look like the real Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office's main fleet cars.  

Just because the officers are wearing the same generic uniform, does not mean they are part of a different agency.  Look at what happened in GTA IV.  While opposite, it sheds light into my view.  They had Alderney State Police officers drive LCPD cars.  

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, GTA LE is right.  

There is still the slightest of slight hopes for the Blaine County Sheriff's Office.  It doesn't seem possible we have not seen one yet, but it is possible.  We did see a white cruiser in a shot of Paleto, but we were NOT close enough to read the name or see much.  We've already associated white with Los Santos County, but that might not be the case.  As we have said, they could do simple re-textures with different names on the side.

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

I've got my fingers crossed, toes crossed, arms and legs crossed, eyes crossed, until the 17th for Blaine County Sheriff units.  It's going to be real hard to go about my daily business like this. ;)

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

We will see if there is anything else we can see before the release.  Besides the game reviews that will be coming, there probably won't be too much released by Rockstar.  They might release more info on the GTA V websites, but we just don't know yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users