• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic
LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

user posted image

Look at this, I pulled it from the Mapping Los Santos thread; It reads"Please stick to the country code. Funded by the Los Santos State Department." Could that be the white SUV's??

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 21:35)
user posted image
Looks like a Park Ranger SUV to the left on the road.

Ooh. We can't tell, but there is something over there for sure. Just hoping it is a ranger truck gets me excited.

On your other note, not sure what a State Department vehicle would do. They have various purposes depending on the state, but carrying guns and chasing people down like officers and deputies isn't one of them.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 21:56)
QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 21:35)
user posted image
Looks like a Park Ranger SUV to the left on the road.

Ooh. We can't tell, but there is something over there for sure. Just hoping it is a ranger truck gets me excited.

On your other note, not sure what a State Department vehicle would do. They have various purposes depending on the state, but carrying guns and chasing people down like officers and deputies isn't one of them.

Ok, I'm just analyzing all the little things from the info releases. Hopefully there will be government vehicles (county, state government administration cars) at courthouses and public utilities offices. They had that in San Andreas, utility trucks with small strobe lights that didn't work.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Today's GTA Online video showed us a lot of law enforcement, but showed us nothing new (at least after one watching). Thing is did confirm below.

*Confirmed Buffalo Police cars, but unlike the older LSPD units, it now says 'POLICE' on the side like the more modern Next Gen Vapid's.
* The online mode shows we can have garages and store vehicles we buy in it. Can we buy and customize police cars? Unknown.
* Unknown still if our character can dress up as officers or other personnel.
* The video showed a lot of Buffalo police cars, even outside of Los Santos city limits. Unknown if jurisdictions has as much meaning online as they do in game.
* Video showed all types of police cars, older Vapid, Next Gen Vapid, and Buffalo, but did not show a Declasse Granger SUV.
* Video showed white sheriff cars.
* We can create our own games and missions with a map editor, which will allow us to place weapons and vehicles, etc, in certain areas we want. Might be good for online police matches. Unknown the plop limit.

What else did you all notice?

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 15 August 2013 - 09:01 PM.

GTA V Online Video Breakdown in relation to Law Enforcement and Jurisdictions

Today's GTA Online video showed us a lot of law enforcement, but showed us nothing new (at least after few watchings).

*Confirmed Buffalo Police cars, but unlike the older LSPD units, it now says 'POLICE' on the side like the more modern Next Gen Vapid's. They also have a logo on the hood that may make them a different agency in some screens.
* The online mode shows we can have garages and store vehicles we buy in it. Can we buy and customize police cars? Unknown.
* Unknown still if our character can dress up as officers or other personnel.
* The video showed a lot of Buffalo police cars, even outside of Los Santos city limits. Unknown if jurisdictions has as much meaning online as they do in game.
* Video showed all types of police cars, older Vapid, Next Gen Vapid, and Buffalo, but did not show a Declasse Granger SUV.
* Video showed white sheriff cars.
* We can create our own games and missions with a map editor, which will allow us to place weapons and vehicles, etc, in certain areas we want. Might be good for online police matches. Unknown the plop limit.

What else did you all notice?

Lets break down some images from the video.

user posted image
This show near the end shows two white sheriff cruisers and two police choppers. We assume these are Los Santos County Sheriff since we now now that Los Santos County extends east to the eastern coast on the southern part of the map. The Los Santos County Government Complex is located to the east of the city (I think).

user posted image
Police Bravado Buffalo with the Next Gen POLICE graphics on the side. We are entering Los Santos in a time of police vehicle transition, so we will see their older units being phased out for their newer ones that say POLICE on the side only.

user posted image
Three Bravado Buffalo's.

user posted image
Rotator light bar on this pre 2013-Vapid Cruiser. Older markings.

user posted image
A first look at some of the heavy duty law enforcement vehicles. The thing that concerns me here is that this doesn't appear to be Los Santos, yet we see LSPD cars making this roadblock.

user posted image
Is this a tunnel coming out from under Los Santos International Airport? Not sure, because the screen above shows the scene after this, and they are in the countryside. LSPD cars or not?

user posted image
This shows us the array of vehicles we can have online and see at once. We see all LSPD patrol vehicles at once. You got Bravado Buffalo's, pre 2013 Vapid's and Next Gen Vapid's all in one picture! How cool is that?

More info coming soon as I continue to break down the video! Share what you found or ideas!
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Great update USAP! I noticed what you noticed except....

user posted image

The Dodge Charger units have markigns on the hood. SAHP? Do we know? Not Blaine County Sheriff as it doesn't say sheriff on the side.

user posted image

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

What I didn't discuss in any depth on the first post is the Buffalo's hood and the logo on it. The logo appears to be shaped like a bell. No idea what agency, but it could be what so many had hoped for, the San Andreas Highway Patrol, which has still never been confirmed. We've only seen motorcyclists with blue helmets.

user posted image

Interesting how Rockstar kept the Buffalo unit such hush, hush, until this trailer. And now we are seeing it on several screens and videos. Maybe they didn't have a design or purpose for the unit yet. So they might have a purpose for it now and want people (like us) to see it and analyze it. We are the best in the business at that, so get to it!
  • GTALE likes this

stevizzle123
  • stevizzle123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 21:01)
What I didn't discuss in any depth on the first post is the Buffalo's hood and the logo on it. The logo appears to be shaped like a bell. No idea what agency, but it could be what so many had hoped for, the San Andreas Highway Patrol, which has still never been confirmed. We've only seen motorcyclists with blue helmets.

user posted image

Interesting how Rockstar kept the Buffalo unit such hush, hush, until this trailer. And now we are seeing it on several screens and videos. Maybe they didn't have a design or purpose for the unit yet. So they might have a purpose for it now and want people (like us) to see it and analyze it. We are the best in the business at that, so get to it!

I dont think its highway patrol or any other agency for that matter because it says police on the hood and they have los santos uniforms as well as we see the buffalo next to all the other Los santos Pd cars but why did they change the decal to the generic police but add a badge decal to the hood ??? That is so annoying i really hope they fix it before launch even though time is running out .

stevizzle123
  • stevizzle123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

http://i11c.3djuegos...ine-2331010.jpg

http://www.3djuegos....ine-2331012.jpg

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

The decals on the hood don't look that good on the Buffalo. Just going to say that right now.

As for the online video, we didn't see anything about free roam (which I guess is what we say, with a different name). But I didn't see any people playing as officers or cops? Everyone in the videos was doing deviant behavior and causing a ruckus. Will like minded people like most of us on this thread, be able to play as cops and still do what we like to do? I know many law groups online like to turn off police and do patrols. Will we have that luxury, or did Rockstar screw it up for law groups?

I know they know we are here... because they took all this time with law enforcement vehicles for us by reading this thread and others like it. So kudos from them on that. They know their is a sizeable population that wants to play online simply for police patrols.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

I LOVE inlove.gif how the Chargers have lights on the roof, in the grille, in the front windshield, and on the head/brake lights.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 15 August 2013 - 09:38 PM.

The Buffalo's have a lot of lights, which is indeed nice.

Also another new screenshot showing a Sheriff unit.

user posted image

GTA Vehicle database added this picture of the Buffalo below.

user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 21:25)

As for the online video, we didn't see anything about free roam (which I guess is what we say, with a different name). But I didn't see any people playing as officers or cops? Everyone in the videos was doing deviant behavior and causing a ruckus. Will like minded people like most of us on this thread, be able to play as cops and still do what we like to do? I know many law groups online like to turn off police and do patrols. Will we have that luxury, or did Rockstar screw it up for law groups?

I know they know we are here... because they took all this time with law enforcement vehicles for us by reading this thread and others like it. So kudos from them on that. They know their is a sizeable population that wants to play online simply for police patrols.

This is something I am worried about too. I hope there are still modes we can do to allow for online police patrolling. I know that is what many people are holding their breathe for, and police uniforms.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm hoping that the FBI will still use the Chargers along with the new Granger and maybe some Crown Vics. Would also be nice to see different color unmarked cars.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

I was going to say those Chargers could be FIB or something, but I don't think they are. The uniforms aren't right looking.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

So we still don't know which agency those Charger's are, and we don't know what the green SUV's are, or what the park ranger vehicles look like. Also no word on Blaine County Sheriff cars yet in Blaine County. So keep your fingers crossed. We still got a lot to look forward too.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

Maybe Blaine County isn't as low budget as we think it is. They might have some very nice police cars.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 21:45)
Maybe Blaine County isn't as low budget as we think it is. They might have some very nice police cars.

I don't know. It is concerning me we haven't seen a single unit marked clearly with BLAINE COUNTY SHERIFF on it. Even if they are carry over white Vapid's with Blaine County written on them, I am happy. I just don't want to see Blaine County have Los Santos Sheriff cars. It would be a big let down. They took all this time to designate separate Los Santos County And Blaine County, but not follow through on a separate policing agency? That would be saddening.

But on the poisitive, the game looks amazing and they have so much we asked for.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 16:25)
The decals on the hood don't look that good on the Buffalo. Just going to say that right now.

I patrol online in public matches with the Police turned off, it is imposible to do with the AI. That is what im worried about, this is why alot of us pushed for better Police Cars is because where we use them to play as Law Enforcement online. Rockstar needs to make it to where we can play as Law Enforcement & Military so we can have an honest way to make a living. I would want to be able to do this with the AI Law & Military because it will make it easier for us to enforce the law.
This is why I created a topic on the GTA Online section called "Playing as Law Enforcement & Military"

Playing as Law Enforcement & Military - GTA Online - GTAForums

Please help this topic so we can actually play as Law Enforcement, thanks!

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

We all pushed for better law enforcement in GTA mainly so we could play them online. One thing I noticed with the online trailer is they did have ALL THE police car variants in the video, EXCEPT the Declasse Granger vehicles. This is an improvement from GTA IV and TBOGT which left out the Merrit from online play, which was too bad. In TBOGT you had to play online to even see a Buffalo and police bike. So hopefully they will keep all the cop cars online, which is seems like they did.

Maybe the Buffalo we saw in all of todays previews is special for online only?

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

We finally were given a view of the enforcer. Now we need to see the predator, the game has much water, rivers and oceans due to its geographical location so the police boat will have to have a role in five.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Still shocked we haven't even seen a police boat. Maybe they will just use helicopters? . . . . . . naaaaw.

But the online aspect concerns me a lot. Thanks for quote UP9390. It is something I am sure Rockstar is working on, and maybe already has completely set up. I never liked Cops and robbers in GTA IV, it was too restrictive. I think patrol groups just want to be online and have control of their own agencies and forces without limitations to some degree.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 21:50)
QUOTE (GTALE @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 16:25)
The decals on the hood don't look that good on the Buffalo.  Just going to say that right now.

As for the online video, we didn't see anything about free roam (which I guess is what we say, with a different name).  But I didn't see any people playing as officers or cops?  Everyone in the videos was doing deviant behavior and causing a ruckus.  Will like minded people like most of us on this thread, be able to play as cops and still do what we like to do?  I know many law groups online like to turn off police and do patrols.  Will we have that luxury, or did Rockstar screw it up for law groups? 

I know they know we are here... because they took all this time with law enforcement vehicles for us by reading this thread and others like it.  So kudos from them on that.  They know their is a sizeable population that wants to play online simply for police patrols.

I patrol online in public matches with the Police turned off, it is imposible to do with the AI. That is what im worried about, this is why alot of us pushed for better Police Cars is because where we use them to play as Law Enforcement online. Rockstar needs to make it to where we can play as Law Enforcement & Military so we can have an honest way to make a living. I would want to be able to do this with the AI Law & Military because it will make it easier for us to enforce the law.
This is why I created a topic on the GTA Online section called "Playing as Law Enforcement & Military"

Playing as Law Enforcement & Military - GTA Online - GTAForums

Please help this topic so we can actually play as Law Enforcement, thanks!

To make money the right way is important to many of us online too. Because when we did police patrols online in GTA, you never could earn money for doing your duty... and even if we had many hours put into it, we never could level up unless we did dirty deeds and missions that involved shooting people, robberies, gang wars, etc.

Hopefully online will allow for a more legit way to earn money through various means.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

That is what I saw in the GTA Online video... no way to make legit money with hard work.... even if it was truck missions going from a quarry to port, driving a bus, taxi, POLICE MISSIONS, etc..... I don't want to go do heists and shoot people to make money.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Now that i think of it, we might see the NOoSE return, but only at the Los Santos docks and LSX. I said a long time ago that NOose had no real big reason to be in five. They might patrol around the cargo ships with trucks but don't really pursue anyone.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

I could see they might be working on a structure for online police groups. Maybe even allow us to make missions or have missions where we pursue vehicles and stop AI crooks and stuff. But they got to realize, we don't always want shootouts and extreme events. Simple traffic stops are good, and calls to check up on people with no real action. That is why so many police groups online have some people do the "bad" stuff, because they can expect certain things from them, and they know "how to play."

I am just hoping for a free roam scenario here where we can turn cops off and blips off.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Yes, not everyone wants to blow things up to make money online. I was only like a level 2 on GTA IV because I could never make money unless I did deathmatches. I leveled up in that game simply so I could get all black clothes to be as close to a cop uniform as I could.

Thread has over 400 posts and over 31,000 views!

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

From what we saw in todays videos, it seems like it will be a seamless transition to online mode (unlike GTA IV which we could control the surroundings). It seems like they want to make the online world as close to single player as possible, and that might not allow us the luxury of having cops off.... BUT they did mention the editor mode which might allow us to set things up for controlled settings and police scenes. Imagine making a great police scene at a bank with that editor and giving your officers and other players an awesome setting to practice or patrol in.

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 22:07)
From what we saw in todays videos, it seems like it will be a seamless transition to online mode (unlike GTA IV which we could control the surroundings). It seems like they want to make the online world as close to single player as possible, and that might not allow us the luxury of having cops off.... BUT they did mention the editor mode which might allow us to set things up for controlled settings and police scenes. Imagine making a great police scene at a bank with that editor and giving your officers and other players an awesome setting to practice or patrol in.

Something dumb will be left out, like they won't allow us to choose police cars or something... tounge.gif That happens in so many games. There are also limitations most likely as to how much we can place, which is always annoying. I hope you are right though.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 17:04)
Yes, not everyone wants to blow things up to make money online. I was only like a level 2 on GTA IV because I could never make money unless I did deathmatches. I leveled up in that game simply so I could get all black clothes to be as close to a cop uniform as I could.

Thread has over 400 posts and over 31,000 views!

What I used for a Uniform on GTA IV:

Hats - NOOSE Helmet or Black Cap

Torso - 4

Legs - 8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users