Counties and Jurisdictions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic
GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

That is all awesome! The Sheriff cars look like they have been slightly remodeled in the front to be a bit taller. Maybe it is just the one shot of Trevor on the ATV, but it looks a tad different. Not as sloped and flat.

The Marines helicopter is awesome.

The roadblock on the bridge is cool and might pave a way to jurisdictions. Notice the black and whites are all from one direction while the white sheriff cars from another, minus one. Maybe the black and whites came from another jurisdictions to that scene, and both counties met in the middle?

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

It is nice to see different stuff a little bit. The Sheriff cars I guess do seem a bit different, but they probably are not. This is one of the few times we've seen one clearly without it being blurred in a picture. Even the picture with the Bravado Buffalo, the ONLY ONE WE HAVE SEEN, it is hard to tell.

But yes, the sheriff car looked extra crisp in that one picture. The Blue light going off on the grill makes the Vapid logo look even blue. smile.gif

The picture with the units on the bridge is good, because I was thinking the same thing with how the cars were positioned and how they may have arrived. The black and white Declasse Granger's all came from one direction, which is clear in this shot. They came from the southend of the map, which is towards Los Santos and Los Santos County. I wouldn't be surprised if the bridge there is the county line between Blaine and Los Santos County for the northern portion of the map. It would make geographic sense too.
  • PhillBellic and GTALE like this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Also noticed inside the sheriff car there is a nice jail cage in the backseat. smile.gif Looks good.
  • PhillBellic likes this

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yes they do. Good eye. Would be neat if you could actually get in the vehicle (at least online) at the door you are standing by. This could allow perps to sit in the back instead of automatically sitting beside the driver or pushing the driver out.
  • PhillBellic likes this

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hypothetically speaking, it is still possible another good sized town in the game could have it's own municipal police force. That one images with the plane flying by Paleto and the police chase below shows black and whites, and I doubt those are sheriff cars. I'm starting to think they are PALETO police heading out of town pursuing the suspect. If this is the case, I am excited. I know Paleto isn't a big town, but the fact that they may have their own police force just makes me excited. smile.gif Can't wait to see what that agency actually looks like.

It is possible Rockstar will change it before release, but it is thoughts like this that keep me hyped for what the game could have in store for us law enforcement fans. Keep up this awesome thread. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (gtablt @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 17:41)
Hypothetically speaking, it is still possible another good sized town in the game could have it's own municipal police force. That one images with the plane flying by Paleto and the police chase below shows black and whites, and I doubt those are sheriff cars. I'm starting to think they are PALETO police heading out of town pursuing the suspect. If this is the case, I am excited. I know Paleto isn't a big town, but the fact that they may have their own police force just makes me excited. smile.gif Can't wait to see what that agency actually looks like.

It is possible Rockstar will change it before release, but it is thoughts like this that keep me hyped for what the game could have in store for us law enforcement fans. Keep up this awesome thread. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

See, I was thinking they were a different sheriff's agency of San Andreas Highway Patrol. I also was thinking Paleto Police, but for some reason, I think Rockstar would just give them sheriff cars from Blaine County. I pumped too and can't wait!

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

I know its not on topic, but everyone here shows an interest in the police. The series COPS is returning September 14,2013.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

I wonder if The US Coast Guard (USCG) will appear?

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 14:53)
QUOTE (gtablt @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 17:41)
Hypothetically speaking, it is still possible another good sized town in the game could have it's own municipal police force.  That one images with the plane flying by Paleto and the police chase below shows black and whites, and I doubt those are sheriff cars.  I'm starting to think they are PALETO police heading out of town pursuing the suspect.  If this is the case, I am excited.  I know Paleto isn't a big town, but the fact that they may have their own police force just makes me excited. smile.gif   Can't wait to see what that agency actually looks like. 

It is possible Rockstar will change it before release, but it is thoughts like this that keep me hyped for what the game could have in store for us law enforcement fans.  Keep up this awesome thread.  icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif

See, I was thinking they were a different sheriff's agency of San Andreas Highway Patrol. I also was thinking Paleto Police, but for some reason, I think Rockstar would just give them sheriff cars from Blaine County. I pumped too and can't wait!

SAHP biggrin.gif I hope the Highway Patrol is not just going to be the motorcycles. The CHP has it's own SWAT so along with the area's particular SWAT, we could see SAHP SWAT helping.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

LSPD-GTAV - Thanks! I'm excited about that too!

UP9390 - I am sure we will see them in the form of water units. GTA San Andreas had the oddly named "San Andreas Coast Guard." If the Coast Guard is in GTA V, they would sort of have to jump around using the real U.S. Federal government's Coast Guard and probably use the term San Andreas Coast Guard again. Their boat never actually chased you in GTA San Andreas and appeared next to the Easter Basin Airport. The law enforcement in GTA SA that chased you on water were predator boats from the nearest agency to your location.

user posted image
The boat in San Andreas was actually called the Coast Guard. The boat also appears in the Vice City games.

As for Coast Guard air units and land units, I don't personally think we will see any. I doubt they will chase us in the new game too, because that isn't exactly their job to chase down people, but it is within their official terms as a branch of the U.S.Armed Forces. They provide maritime law enforcement with jurisdiction in both domestic and international waters and it is internationally recognized.

user posted image
(Photo Credit: USGC Flickr)

But it would be cool to see a Coast Guard based helicopter. The Raindance in GTA San Andreas got as close to a Coast Guard chopper as we have ever seen. Same basic shape as several used by the U.S. Coast Guard. The side of the Raindance chopper in GTA San Andreas said SA Fire Department, which was a state fire department in the game, though it was never seen flying or used by the fire department. It was probably used for rescue missions and could have been better suited as a SA Coast Guard chopper.

user posted image
user posted image
(Photo Credit to Setho)

Coast Guard land units are even more improbable since we have never actually seen one in any of the GTA games in the modern era. It is also probably not very high up on the things to make for Rockstar if they are listening to our regards on law enforcement additions (which they deserve a thanks for). I mean honestly, we know they wouldn't have added all that stuff we wanted on their own, so they do have someone reading places like this and relaying it back to them. Coast Guard vehicles on land vary as well from towing vehicles, patrol vehicles for bases, and other forms of units.

user posted image
U.S. Coast Guard. photo Credit: AJM STUDIOS.

As for your comments on the SAHP, if we do see them, they will probably be limited to their main patrol vehicles and maybe an SUV. I hope they are not just motorcycles as well. We have some evidence they exist, but since that one image, we know nothing about them, or if that blue helmet was just on their for the heck of it.

• PhillBellic and GTALE like this

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 19:05)
LSPD-GTAV - Thanks! I'm excited about that too!

UP9390 - I am sure we will see them in the form of water units. GTA San Andreas had the oddly named "San Andreas Coast Guard." If the Coast Guard is in GTA V, they would sort of have to jump around using the real U.S. Federal government's Coast Guard and probably use the term San Andreas Coast Guard again. Their boat never actually chased you in GTA San Andreas and appeared next to the Easter Basin Airport. The law enforcement in GTA SA that chased you on water were predator boats from the nearest agency to your location.

user posted image
The boat in San Andreas was actually called the Coast Guard. The boat also appears in the Vice City games.

As for Coast Guard air units and land units, I don't personally think we will see any. I doubt they will chase us in the new game too, because that isn't exactly their job to chase down people, but it is within their official terms as a branch of the U.S.Armed Forces. They provide maritime law enforcement with jurisdiction in both domestic and international waters and it is internationally recognized.

user posted image

But it would be cool to see a Coast Guard based helicopter. The Raindance in GTA San Andreas got as close to a Coast Guard chopper as we have ever seen. Same basic shape as several used by the U.S. Coast Guard. The side of the Raindance chopper in GTA San Andreas said SA Fire Department, which was a state fire department in the game, though it was never seen flying or used by the fire department. It was probably used for rescue missions and could have been better suited as a SA Coast Guard chopper.

user posted image
user posted image
(Photo Credit to Setho)

Coast Guard land units are even more improbable since we have never actually seen one in any of the GTA games in the modern era. It is also probably not very high up on the things to make for Rockstar if they are listening to our regards on law enforcement additions (which they deserve a thanks for). I mean honestly, we know they wouldn't have added all that stuff we wanted on their own, so they do have someone reading places like this and relaying it back to them. Coast Guard vehicles on land vary as well from towing vehicles, patrol vehicles for bases, and other forms of units.

user posted image
U.S. Coast Guard. photo Credit: AJM STUDIOS.

As for your comments on the SAHP, if we do see them, they will probably be limited to their main patrol vehicles and maybe an SUV. I hope they are not just motorcycles as well. We have some evidence they exist, but since that one image, we know nothing about them, or if that blue helmet was just on their for the heck of it.

The Coast Guard will sometimes use the helicopters when chasing a boat, the FDSA helicopter I believe was supposed to be for the Forestry Service. I hope we can get a Uniform if they do appear.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 00:19)
QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 19:05)
LSPD-GTAV - Thanks!  I'm excited about that too!

UP9390 - I am sure we will see them in the form of water units.  GTA San Andreas had the oddly named "San Andreas Coast Guard."  If the Coast Guard is in GTA V, they would sort of have to jump around using the real U.S. Federal government's Coast Guard and probably use the term San Andreas Coast Guard again.  Their boat never actually chased you in GTA San Andreas and appeared next to the Easter Basin Airport.  The law enforcement in GTA SA that chased you on water were predator boats from the nearest agency to your location. 

user posted image
The boat in San Andreas was actually called the Coast Guard.  The boat also appears in the Vice City games.

As for Coast Guard air units and land units, I don't personally think we will see any.  I doubt they will chase us in the new game too, because that isn't exactly their job to chase down people, but it is within their official terms as a branch of the U.S.Armed Forces.  They provide maritime law enforcement with jurisdiction in both domestic and international waters and it is internationally recognized.

user posted image

But it would be cool to see a Coast Guard based helicopter.  The Raindance in GTA San Andreas got as close to a Coast Guard chopper as we have ever seen.  Same basic shape as several used by the U.S. Coast Guard.  The side of the Raindance chopper in GTA San Andreas said SA Fire Department, which was a state fire department in the game, though it was never seen flying or used by the fire department.  It was probably used for rescue missions and could have been better suited as a SA Coast Guard chopper.

user posted image
user posted image
(Photo Credit to Setho)

Coast Guard land units are even more improbable since we have never actually seen one in any of the GTA games in the modern era.  It is also probably not very high up on the things to make for Rockstar if they are listening to our regards on law enforcement additions (which they deserve a thanks for).  I mean honestly, we know they wouldn't have added all that stuff we wanted on their own, so they do have someone reading places like this and relaying it back to them.  Coast Guard vehicles on land vary as well from towing vehicles, patrol vehicles for bases, and other forms of units.

user posted image
U.S. Coast Guard.  photo Credit: AJM STUDIOS.

As for your comments on the SAHP, if we do see them, they will probably be limited to their main patrol vehicles and maybe an SUV.  I hope they are not just motorcycles as well.  We have some evidence they exist, but since that one image, we know nothing about them, or if that blue helmet was just on their for the heck of it.

The Coast Guard will sometimes use the helicopters when chasing a boat, the FDSA helicopter I believe was supposed to be for the Forestry Service. I hope we can get a Uniform if they do appear.

Yeah, I know in San Diego the Coast Guard have a drug intervention team that pursue drug boats using the USCG Blackhawk, they have mounted M249's on the side and they will use them.
  • PhillBellic likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

I have no proof, but I think they will have coast guard boats again. It just seems like they would give them a small port where they would have a helicopter and a boat in the countryside along the coast. A small coastal town could use one to rescue people from the surf in their region. It seems like a good idea. Of course in Los Santos waters, the LSPD will pursue you. Probably in the Alamo Sea they will have sheriff boats, or around rivers in the county.

It would be interesting if they made it coast guard on county ocean waters, and sheriff on county lakes and streams.

infiniteammo
  • infiniteammo

Ľab igne ignem capereĽ

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

Nice thread, but I would point out Counties don't exist in Louisiana, they're Parishes. ^.^ *shooting star* </themoreyouknow>

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (infiniteammo @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 06:24)
Nice thread, but I would point out Counties don't exist in Louisiana, they're Parishes. ^.^ *shooting star* </themoreyouknow>

yeah, I live in the Big Easy so I knew that.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (infiniteammo @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 06:24)

Yes, I said that in the very first post. I said a few states don't have counties... but that isn't really important to the thread, nor is me taking the time to respond to this and further take us away from our topic at hand.... LOL! Thank you for the compliment as well. smile.gif

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

I doubt the Coast Guard will do anything, like in past GTA games, I doubt they will pursue you. It would be nice to see them return and have a station someplace like said above.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Three vehicles that would be vital (or just great) for Rockstar to include if they did do the Coast Guard would be three staples of the real branch of defense.

So hypothetically, Rockstar could have these three vehicles, and really it would be the most seen and used vehicles, the best to mimic. Two are boats, one is a helicopter. I talked about it lightly above.

First would be choosing one of these two helicopters. One could be based off the Raindance from GTA SA, and the other would be new for the GTA world.
user posted image
user posted image
These choppers would probably come with mounted guns, but a thing that would be fun to include in GTA is a grappling hook that people can be hoisted down or up from these choppers. Imagine flying on multiplayer and having a friend being hoisted down onto a small ledge as you try to fly steady in place in a small gorge? The possibilities could be endless for online role players.

Next for the boats. First below that would be a good choice, especially since this is the west coast, is a Coast Guard staple, the Coast Guard Cutter. It is a smaller to medium sized ship that has good maneuverability and is perfect for many coast guard rescue missions and patrols. They are a common sight all along the west coast and are really common in the northwestern reaches of the west coast, which is sort of what northern San Andreas reminds me of so far in the games development.
user posted image

This little boat is fast, and handles like a dream as it carves up the waves. They can be seen nationwide and are usually along major boating routes protecting the waters and boaters. Major ferry routes in New York State or the massive Washington State Ferries often have these boats nearby patrolling, especially during high risk times. These boats come equipped with a mountable gun, and seems like an addition Rockstar would like to have as a coast guard boat.
user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Totally awesome. I can see them adding a helicopter and the orange coast guard boat. It would make the most sense. The hoist device on the helicopter is a unique and cool idea you came up with. I could totally see using that on rescue missions with friends online, or even more ridiculous, people could hang there shooting, sort of like a SWAT team coming down from a helicopter. Terrific post. Bets law enforcement thread on GTA V Forums. smile.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, the smaller Coast Guard boat would be fun for most other users who like to blow things up and not do what law enforcement groups of GTA do. They would be able to speed around and shoot guns. tounge.gif I think it is highly likely the San Andreas Coast Guard will return, but again, don't expect much if anything from them, like in previous games.

Agent GP
  • Agent GP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

I for one do not think that they will use the San An Coast Guard, but instead PD or SD boats. I think this because of GTA IV. LC was changed alot when incorporated in the "HD Universe," but I am not that big of an expert on GTA, so this is just loose speculation. confused.gif

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Agent GP @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 05:30)
I for one do not think that they will use the San An Coast Guard, but instead PD or SD boats. I think this because of GTA IV. LC was changed alot when incorporated in the "HD Universe," but I am not that big of an expert on GTA, so this is just loose speculation. confused.gif

Just as I said, I don't think the Coast Guard will do anything. I think they will be present. Maybe a boat in the game like in previous GTA games, but they won't do anything or probably even move. It would be a nice touch to see them patrolling the waters around the port or windswept rocky coasts. Maybe have a coast guard chopper race over a tree lined misty coast every once in awhile. smile.gif

But yes, I think it will all be LSPD in the LS, and Sheriff agencies in their corresponding jurisdictions.

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

You are probably all right. I don't think the Coast Guard would make any real appearance in the game other then maybe a bat and helicopter stationed somewhere. It would be cool to see them flying or driving around on the water. Imagine being chased by their patrol boats with the mounted guns. Good topic!

Still no info on fire or ambulance and how they will handle it. Probably State of Sandreas Fire like in the previous GTA SA.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

idk how it would work really but there should only be a lspd in ls county. they should be a metro agency. this could explain a lspd car with lssd car though in pursuits. lssd would be more of a back up for lspd in ls co.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

I really hope for some incorporation of the Coast Guard, as it would be a sort of new implication to the series, and it would be cool to be chased down by them too.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 21:38)
Maybe the white SUV with green stripe could be military police. This seems more practical than having troop transports and tanks chasing you down. I have been on some military bases and two of them had white SUVs with green markings like border patrol, and another had blue stripe and markings. This is only my hypothesis, U.S. Park Service is the best theory.

in 4 you had the dept of homeland sec cruiser that was different could be the same thing.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (nekkidhillbilly @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 17:14)
QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 21:38)
Maybe the white SUV with green stripe could be military police. This seems more practical than having troop transports and tanks chasing you down. I have been on some military bases and two of them had white SUVs with green markings like border patrol, and another had blue stripe and markings. This is only my hypothesis, U.S. Park Service is the best theory.

in 4 you had the dept of homeland sec cruiser that was different could be the same thing.

Homeland Security comes out at three stars, NOoSE SWAT at fourstars and nothing else after that. The reason we had Nation Office of Security Enforcement in GTA IV is because R* was playing on the fact of 9/11. There is a high presence of Homeland Security in New York today because of 9/11.
Los Angeles really doesn't have issues with terrorist attacks so NOoSE probably isn't making a return in Los Santos. This is still the HD Universe so the NOoSE decals and logos wouldn't change. The white SUV is a different agency.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

well yes its different agency but so was the hs in 4. there was 5 stars so it could possibly be. id rather it be a different county or pd but who knows.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

but why would we need other counties really you can have many towns in one county. neighboring co to me has 4.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Fun fact: 223 years ago today the U.S. Coast Guard was established. Happy birthday. Thought it was interesting since we were talking about them.

I talked about how counties and jurisdictions work, and you can see it on the first page of the thread even. I even made maps.

Los Santos is a city within Los Santos County. Los Santos has a municipal police force, the LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT. Within Los Santos County is the city of Los Santos and some other communities. The communities that don't have municipal police departments would rely on the LOS SANTOS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE for policing services.

Blaine County is an adjacent county to Los Santos County, and the BLAINE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE provides policing for Blaine County and the communities that do not have municipal services. It isn't that complicated. This thread was made to educate people how municipal, county level, state level, and federal level policing works. If you still don't get it, read it again, or go study it up online. smile.gif
  • PhillBellic likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users