Counties and Jurisdictions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic
GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 08:22)
Police SUV - Declasse Granger 1500LX.
http://img15.hosting...7595Granger.jpg

So it doesn't go unnoticed, thank you! You got the official name of the Decalsse SUV we all called the Rancher. It's called the Granger! You are the first to notice this! Thank you!

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Very nice! I think you could be right on the came. Granger makes more sense then some of the other names that pop in my head. Granger is also the name of a real life tool company I think. wink.gif Nice job and thanks for being the first to share that!

PhillBellic - Wow, thanks for the link. I will give that a read myself. They really could have carried it out in GTA IV, but didn't. Everything was already prepped for it. They just didn't do it.

chief685533
  • chief685533

Cheif, Los Santos Police Dept.

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

I don't know if anyone has caught this but on the top left hand corner of the image there are 2 cruisers that seem to be breaking off from the pursuit. Maybe there leaving cause thier cars are too damaged or there entering a new county cause there's a B&W SUV heading towards the pursuit. Also you can verify that the B&W SUV in the far left is police because it shows it on the radar.
user posted image

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (chief685533 @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 22:50)
I don't know if anyone has caught this but on the top left hand corner of the image there are 2 cruisers that seem to be breaking off from the pursuit. Maybe there leaving cause thier cars are too damaged or there entering a new county cause there's a B&W SUV heading towards the pursuit. Also you can verify that the B&W SUV in the far left is police because it shows it on the radar.

Yes, we did talk about that in the last update. smile.gif

In the video you can see the police AI running into each other and heading down that road for some reason. We just assumed they broke off pursuit, or this was a sign of poor AI still.

BuskyChowChow
  • BuskyChowChow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 22:39)
QUOTE (GTALE @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 15:20)
I usually just lurk these forums as I have done for almost 8 years, but I created an account just to respond to this thread.  First off, this thread is awesome and it provides so much input and things to think about.  You sound educated, and it makes for a better read.  It also seems like you truly know a lot about law enforcement and how things work.  It is a far cry from the majority of people screaming on the forums wishing for Lambo like police vehicles and having no idea about what makes  sheriff agency different then a municipal force, state force, etc, etc.  Let me also give you some credit where it is due as you were the first to point out and confirm a sheriff's agency in GTA V as well as your work on the Salton Sea (Alamo Sea) and Slab City.  So this entire thread topic is freaking awesome.  Thank you for making it, USAPatriot

Now for my gripe.  You have this set up so precisely but at the same time you say none of what you are saying could be true, but you at least provide evidence and you never ramble about "confirmed this, and confirmed that."  I would just love to see the same level of attention to detail you have done with jurisdictions and counties be in the game, and I fear it won't be.  It is surely a far cry to hope for all these levels of law enforcement, but we can see, thanks to your findings, that there will at least be a sheriff's office for some county out there, we only know of Blaine.  So at least they did that.  Your recent find on the SUVs (great analysis by the way) is telling of the games wanted system as these dudes do seem like they will appear at a certain level no matter the jurisdiction we are in (city or county), the game will just change the vehicles markings.  I don't like the fact that they will be hanging on at even high speeds. 

I found the analysis of the vehicles interesting too, thanks for that and I really enjoyed it.  Some people are still thinking the original Vapid is in the game, but it isn't.  It would seem Rockstar has updated the Vapid design.  Still want to see that new LSPD wagon we saw in a previous video too.  Hope you can find out more on that.

If I can think of more to add, I will do so.  Keep up the great thread, mate!

icon14.gif Very well said.

Here here! Keep up the good work USAPatriot!

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (chief685533 @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 17:50)
user posted image

Wait... look in the background, it looks like a prison! Perhaps the one SUV is used by the Department Of Corrections?

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 21:59)

Wait... look in the background, it looks like a prison! Perhaps the one SUV is used by the Department Of Corrections?

That has been said, but doubtful. Their units also appear in the shots with Trevor climbing the hollywood sign.

Some also thought it was Park Rangers, but this latest scene of them near the prison sort of blows that idea out of the water too.

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I'm starting to also not think we will see police on Sanchez bikes. It isn't a big deal to me honestly, but it would have been unique to have them chase you in the backwoods on Sanchez's. Can't wait to also see what police boats will look like.

I don't know what the other SUV with the green blob on the door is supposed to be. It would be nice if they were Blaine County Sheriff cars so we could stop worrying about them not appearing in the game.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 23 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Has anyone noticed on the minimap, that some police cruisers and highlighted blue and some are red hmmm

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 18:44)

So it doesn't go unnoticed, thank you! You got the official name of the Decalsse SUV we all called the Rancher. It's called the Granger! You are the first to notice this! Thank you!

Look at those dirt tracks!

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 18:36)
Has anyone noticed on the minimap, that some police cruisers and highlighted blue and some are red hmmm

The law enforcement icons on the map flash red and blue like in GTA IV.

dbz_master_SA_4life
  • dbz_master_SA_4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Great thread colgate.gif

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (gtablt @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 13:19)
I'm starting to also not think we will see police on Sanchez bikes. It isn't a big deal to me honestly, but it would have been unique to have them chase you in the backwoods on Sanchez's. Can't wait to also see what police boats will look like.

I don't know what the other SUV with the green blob on the door is supposed to be. It would be nice if they were Blaine County Sheriff cars so we could stop worrying about them not appearing in the game.

LAPD uses their dirtbikes in parks, I believe that is where the LASD uses theirs too.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Maybe the white SUV with green stripe could be military police. This seems more practical than having troop transports and tanks chasing you down. I have been on some military bases and two of them had white SUVs with green markings like border patrol, and another had blue stripe and markings. This is only my hypothesis, U.S. Park Service is the best theory.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

It is very hard to figure out. We know this isn't real life, but we can also hope that Park Service Ranger won't be involved in police pursuits and shoot outs. While they can, that isn't their primary goal.

Military police is something to throw around, but still seems odd. I'm still leaning towards it being a Blaine County Sheriff SUV. Maybe their county only has SUV's? We haven't seen a car with the green markings on the side yet have we? Nope.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 17:03)
It is very hard to figure out. We know this isn't real life, but we can also hope that Park Service Ranger won't be involved in police pursuits and shoot outs. While they can, that isn't their primary goal.

Military police is something to throw around, but still seems odd. I'm still leaning towards it being a Blaine County Sheriff SUV. Maybe their county only has SUV's? We haven't seen a car with the green markings on the side yet have we? Nope.

yeah, U.S. Park Rangers (or what ever the agency would be called) would only chase you in the parks or around the Vinewood sign. It would be cool to seen them on the trails around Mt. Chiliad IMO. As long as it has police lights on it, I won't mind it being in the game. lol.gif

CaptainJoe
  • CaptainJoe

Still Alive

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Finally read the whole thread, found it to be very informative. Great thread man!

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (CaptainJoe @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:31)
Finally read the whole thread, found it to be very informative. Great thread man!

The people who read it like you, walk away more informed! Thanks for reading! I know I enjoyed reading and following this thread too. It helps us all have better opinions and ideas for this topic. smile.gif

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by LSPD-GTAV, 26 July 2013 - 03:15 AM.

I think I have a very plausible idea. The new Ford Taurus with generic POLICE decal could be the Beverly Hills police department. So in game they would be the Richman Police Department. What do you think USAPatriot?
EDIT: Never mind, Beverly Hills wouldn't be at LAX. I sure hope they didn't change the decals to that, they look much better in the early stages.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 23:52)
I think I have a very plausible idea. The new Ford Taurus with generic POLICE decal could be the Beverly Hills police department. So in game they would be the Richman Police Department. What do you think USAPatriot?
EDIT: Never mind, Beverly Hills wouldn't be at LAX. I sure hope they didn't change the decals to that, they look much better in the early stages.

You got to your own answer. I was going to saw we've seen the Next Gen Vapid Cruisers in areas that were not the Beverly Hills equivalent of Los Santos metro. I doubt we will see anything other then LSPD cars in all of the Los Santos metro sprawl. It will probably all be LSPD and LSCSO. It would be cool though to see different cities have different patrol cars in their jurisdictions, but highly unlikely. I'm happy they at least did sheriff cars. smile.gif

They seem to be keeping the old decals on the pre 2013 Vapid Cruisers and the one Bravado Buffalo we've seen in screenshots. The generic police logo is only on the next gen Vapid Cruisers for some reason. It could also be a placeholder until the actual game is released. (Who knows, they could be hiding something from us?)

QUOTE (CaptainJoe @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:31)

Awesome. Glad you enjoyed it, thank you!
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

That'd be cool to have different jurisdictions from different cities in the LS Metro, but yeah, I doubt that.

Really hope we can see some new stuff from future info sessions on the game. It would be epic if the upcoming GTA V Online video had something to make online police patrol groups even better.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 18:34)
That'd be cool to have different jurisdictions from different cities in the LS Metro, but yeah, I doubt that.

Really hope we can see some new stuff from future info sessions on the game. It would be epic if the upcoming GTA V Online video had something to make online police patrol groups even better.

yeah, I know that LA has port police that patrol the trainyards and docks, and LAX has its own police department for security. I know R* didn't go that much into detail though. would be very nice. sigh.gif

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 13:38)

Really hope we can see some new stuff from future info sessions on the game.  It would be epic if the upcoming GTA V Online video had something to make online police patrol groups even better.

yeah, I know that LA has port police that patrol the trainyards and docks, and LAX has its own police department for security. I know R* didn't go that much into detail though. would be very nice. sigh.gif

Port Police do not patrol railyards, that is done by the Railroad's Company Police.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 19:36)

Really hope we can see some new stuff from future info sessions on the game.  It would be epic if the upcoming GTA V Online video had something to make online police patrol groups even better.

Port Police do not patrol railyards, that is done by the Railroad's Company Police.

i mean the railyard at the docks in Los Angeles Harbor where the off load container ships. Port Police falls under Homeland Security Transportation Security so they check the trains before they leave. I know about the railroad police also (been in trouble with them before)

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 14:42)

i mean the railyard at the docks in Los Angeles Harbor where the off load container ships. Port Police falls under Homeland Security Transportation Security so they check the trains before they leave. I know about the railroad police also (been in trouble with them before)

Im guessing your either a railfan or you were tresspassing.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:51 PM Edited by LSPD-GTAV, 26 July 2013 - 11:56 PM.

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 20:18)

yeah, I'm kind of a railfan, not as much as I used to be, more into police. There was a train stopped across my street so i hoped over the flatbed car and there was a Southern Pacific Investigator on the other side. Back on topic, I hope R* fixes the problem when the lightbar breaks, the siren breaks too. the siren is in the grill now-a-days. it got really annoying while role-playing.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (LSPD-GTAV @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 09:51)
QUOTE (UP9390 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 20:18)

yeah, I'm kind of a railfan, not as much as I used to be, more into police. There was a train stopped across my street so i hoped over the flatbed car and there was a Southern Pacific Investigator on the other side. Back on topic, I hope R* fixes the problem when the lightbar breaks, the siren breaks too. the siren is in the grill now-a-days. it got really annoying while role-playing.

You wacky gunzels and your shenanigans. tounge.gif LOL.

Cheers. cool.gif

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Trains are pretty dang cool. I also can't wait to see the trains in GTA V. They look cool from what we've seen. I hope we can drive one up and down the tracks listening to some tunes. smile.gif Imagine all the possibilities for online roleplaying with this game. You got fire personnel, police, medical units, various jobs, including fishermen, farming, train engineers. I mean WOW. This game is going to rock guys. smile.gif Not just single player, but multiplayer.

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 22:15)
Trains are pretty dang cool. I also can't wait to see the trains in GTA V. They look cool from what we've seen. I hope we can drive one up and down the tracks listening to some tunes. smile.gif Imagine all the possibilities for online roleplaying with this game. You got fire personnel, police, medical units, various jobs, including fishermen, farming, train engineers. I mean WOW. This game is going to rock guys. smile.gif Not just single player, but multiplayer.

And just think, when role-playing as a cop on 5, when someone is getting chased, it will last a lot longer than in 4 because the map is so huge.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Alright, here are some new screens from the Rockstar newswire. They released some more and gave us a few good shots of law enforcement.

More interesting is the U.S. Marines Troop Helicopter below. (Trevor is flying the chopper).

Too bad these images are not larger.... just kidding, in HD here.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users