Counties and Jurisdictions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic
USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 20:39)

@USAPatriot, I think the worst part is that it's soooo easy for modders to change layers for cars. So how much easier would it have been for R* to just do it right themselves? Instead I get to watch Alderney State Police jump out of LCPD vehicles and shout LCPD commands at me. Maybe they figured we wouldn't notice or something.

And just to kick us while we're down, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Alderney composed of several smaller cities in the state? And EVERY one of them used LCPD vehicles and generic Alderney State police officers. It couldn't have possibly been that difficult for R* to just thrown in a few different uniform options for cops based on what part of Alderney. Because realisitically all they would have had to change was badges and small writing on their uniforms. I guess that's what laziness does for you.

It seems like in some aspects, the police in SA were actually better designed. They at least used different commands and phrases, and seemed to have different general personalities. LS cops were assholes, SF were a bunch of sissies, I don't really remember the LV cops too much.

You got it. Alderney Island was part of Alderney State. Though sadly, in GTA IV, Alderney Island was all part of Alderney City, which was a separate city to Liberty City. They have their own separate government... so for some reason, instead of Alderney City municipal police, Rockstar gave us the state police. I don't get it either. They also threw in the Alderney State Prison (which is maybe why they made separate officers). But it seems like they had more of a plan for the state police then they just kind of threw it aside like they did the police in San Andreas. Lets face it, the "SAN ANDREAS POLICE DEPARTMENT" as Rockstar called them was just filler. They didn't even try really with them. Wouldn't a better name have also been the San Andreas State Police? Anything better then what they were called.

San Andreas had minor tweaks in how the police AI worked as well. The San Andreas Police Department (the rural/county guys) were pretty in your face to get you down. (I won't even talk about how Rockstar put sheriff offices in the game with no sheriff cars). San Fierro people say the police were wimpy in comparison. I never actually experienced this and will need to try it again. I just remember them shooting away like the other agencies. Los Santos Police would turn a blind eye to certain things, but were also very in your face. Las Venturas was just kind of there. People best knew them by their big boxy Dodge Diplomat style police cars.
  • GTALE likes this

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 18:42)

@USAPatriot, I think the worst part is that it's soooo easy for modders to change layers for cars. So how much easier would it have been for R* to just do it right themselves? Instead I get to watch Alderney State Police jump out of LCPD vehicles and shout LCPD commands at me. Maybe they figured we wouldn't notice or something.

And just to kick us while we're down, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Alderney composed of several smaller cities in the state? And EVERY one of them used LCPD vehicles and generic Alderney State police officers. It couldn't have possibly been that difficult for R* to just thrown in a few different uniform options for cops based on what part of Alderney. Because realisitically all they would have had to change was badges and small writing on their uniforms. I guess that's what laziness does for you.

It seems like in some aspects, the police in SA were actually better designed. They at least used different commands and phrases, and seemed to have different general personalities. LS cops were assholes, SF were a bunch of sissies, I don't really remember the LV cops too much.

You got it. Alderney Island was part of Alderney State. Though sadly, in GTA IV, Alderney Island was all part of Alderney City, which was a separate city to Liberty City. They have their own separate government... so for some reason, instead of Alderney City municipal police, Rockstar gave us the state police. I don't get it either. They also threw in the Alderney State Prison (which is maybe why they made separate officers). But it seems like they had more of a plan for the state police then they just kind of threw it aside like they did the police in San Andreas. Lets face it, the "SAN ANDREAS POLICE DEPARTMENT" as Rockstar called them was just filler. They didn't even try really with them. Wouldn't a better name have also been the San Andreas State Police? Anything better then what they were called.

San Andreas had minor tweaks in how the police AI worked as well. The San Andreas Police Department (the rural/county guys) were pretty in your face to get you down. (I won't even talk about how Rockstar put sheriff offices in the game with no sheriff cars). San Fierro people say the police were wimpy in comparison. I never actually experienced this and will need to try it again. I just remember them shooting away like the other agencies. Los Santos Police would turn a blind eye to certain things, but were also very in your face. Las Venturas was just kind of there. People best knew them by their big boxy Dodge Diplomat style police cars.

San Andreas Police Department. Lol. My guess is that R* just tends to screw up certain things when trying to sound American. Like there was a storefront sign in North Holland that said "chemist". I've never seen a sign for a chemist anywhere, let alone a storefront. Only problem is R* has seemingly unlimited resources in that area, and in reality all they really needed to do was check Wikipedia.

And sheriff stations with no sheriff vehicles? Seems just as stupid as the airports with no moving vehicles except for yours (with the exception of the obscure cars driving through LV airport). What did the country police vehicles even say on the side of them?

I just hope that whatever R* decided to start in this game, they finish. Don't have Alderney State Police driving around in LCPD cars like we can't tell you just threw in Alderney at the last second. If they're going to be city cops, give them that city's police vehicles. Same goes for county and state cops. I don't know if Cali does this, but there should be state police driving around on highways, especially out in the country. I see that alot in NY.

Another thing I think R* needs to work on is EMS/ambulance vehicles and firetrucks, which were also ALL THE SAME.

taotaoali
  • taotaoali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas were never explained to be a part of any county, though I made the assumption they were in their own county of the same name. What puzzled me in San Andreas was that there were counties, and building for the county sheriff in almost every county. Below are a few images of the sheriff's offices

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 11:09)

San Andreas Police Department. Lol. My guess is that R* just tends to screw up certain things when trying to sound American. Like there was a storefront sign in North Holland that said "chemist". I've never seen a sign for a chemist anywhere, let alone a storefront. Only problem is R* has seemingly unlimited resources in that area, and in reality all they really needed to do was check Wikipedia.

And sheriff stations with no sheriff vehicles? Seems just as stupid as the airports with no moving vehicles except for yours (with the exception of the obscure cars driving through LV airport). What did the country police vehicles even say on the side of them?

I just hope that whatever R* decided to start in this game, they finish. Don't have Alderney State Police driving around in LCPD cars like we can't tell you just threw in Alderney at the last second. If they're going to be city cops, give them that city's police vehicles. Same goes for county and state cops. I don't know if Cali does this, but there should be state police driving around on highways, especially out in the country. I see that alot in NY.

Another thing I think R* needs to work on is EMS/ambulance vehicles and firetrucks, which were also ALL THE SAME.

As to the comment that Rockstar try to sound American, I think it is a side effect of the primary developer, Rockstar North being based in Scotland. The 'Chemist' shop in North Holland being one of them.

Cheers.
  • GTALE likes this

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 01:09)

Lol! I remember that Chemist shop in GTA IV. I scratched my head with that one.

Yes, sheriff stations in San Andreas. Almost every county had a sheriff's office. Some stand out ones (as I also said in the first post) was in Fort Carson, Angel Pine, and El Quebrados. Angel Pine was the county seat of Whetstone County (Which is the unofficial name because for some reason is never said county after Whetstone. Tierra Robada's County seat was El Quebrados and Bone County's head was Fort Carson. Flint County had no towns or sheriff station, but there was an area by the Flint Jct and Fallen Tree that had some population. Red County was strange, because they had several towns, but no real sheriff station. Dillimore had this weird branch of the that said POLICE DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS as the sign says out front. One would assume it was a sheriff station for all of Red County.

All the sheriff stations in San Andreas only had San Andreas Police Department vehicles, which were the games STATE POLICE. So hopefully GTA V will clear all this up. They will hopefully do their research. It isn't that complicated.

Federal > County > Municipal.

As for the Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas, I assumed they were their own counties as I made on my map on the first page. Real life San Francisco is a rarity in the western United States being the only city that is also a county all on it's own. So San Andreas I assumed was the same.... though oddly, San Fierro never had the same geographical distinction as the other cities, meaning that is actually could have been part of Flint County. The land was all connected. Las Venturas and Los Santos had major freeways dividing themselves from the neighboring counties.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by USAPatriot, 17 July 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Fears are mounting that Rockstar is not going to make Blaine County Sheriff cars.... What if what everyone has called Blaine County has been renamed Los Santos County? Well, anyways.... Rockstar has released a Los Santos County Sheriff's hat. Check it out at the Rockstar Warehouse. Thanks to Magic_Al for the heads up on this.

user posted image

This also again supports our evidence to their being Los Santos Sheriff cars. I sure hope Rockstar doesn't pull a 180 on law enforcement development.... where is Blaine County we've heard so much about?
  • GTALE likes this

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 11:29)
Fears are mounting that Rockstar is not going to make Blaine County Sheriff cars.... What if what everyone has called Blaine County has been renamed Los Santos County?  Well, anyways.... Rockstar has released a Los Santos County Sheriff's hat.  Check it out at the Rockstar Warehouse.

user posted image

This also again supports our evidence to their being Los Santos Sheriff cars.  I sure hope Rockstar doesn't pull a 180 on law enforcement development.... where is Blaine County we've heard so much about?

There are two counties in the game. Los Santos County contains Los Santos which represents Los Angeles and municipalities in the immediate area. Blaine County represents more distant parts of Southern California that are not "L.A."

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

The logo is a star with a beaver in the center. Beavers are an Oregon thing, so odd they chose a beaver. The hat is green and white.... why are their sheriff cars white and yellow and black and white SUVs?

It is scary we haven't seen anything from Blaine County. I am starting to fear, just like USAPatriot, that they might just NOT make Blaine County Sheriff cars and throw Los Santos County Sheriff cars to patrol Blaine County too. Most gamers don't notice the small details like that. They will just see the word sheriff and not care if it is a Los Santos Sheriff car in Blaine County. sad.gif

OhSoPaid
  • OhSoPaid

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 23:30)
Anyone notice the sheriff car exploding in this pictures?

user posted image

This tunnel is probably in a rural area, though many are thinking it is an urban area. If it is an urban area, do the sheriff cars also respond in Los Santos then?

if based on real life l.a then yes sheriff do respond in la metro area whether it be the hills, east side, west side or south central

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

I know in real life they mix no problem, but in the GTA world, they usually define things more. I'm just saying, it would be odd in a GTA game to be downtown Los Santos, and have Los Santos Sheriff cars responding instead of LSPD.

WhateverTrevor
  • WhateverTrevor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Wow. All the detail these guys put into their amazing games and yet you've still got some people in here calling it "a disgrace" that the police cars were the same either side of a river. Get a grip, 99% of people either wouldn't notice or wouldn't care in the slightest so it stands to reason they've got more important ways to budget their time.

I'm actually a bit worried for a couple of you, I'm sure you must be autistic or something. Either that or you need to get up and open the curtains for once; even better go outside, enjoy the summer and stop worrying so much about a fictional police force in a computer game.

Karato2300
  • Karato2300

Silver man

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'd like to see police have more/less presence depending on where you are.

Out in the woods? Obviously the cops aren't gonna turn out in full force right off the bat if you start raising hell. In the Ghettos? Cops might take their time because of the other crimes they have to handle in those areas. But in the city? Expect swift responses if you so much as deck a grandma.

It is cool that they are fixing it so the cops don't magically know you were hiding behind a trash bin now, and I can only hope it'll be easier to give them the slip.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 02:24)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 01:09)

Lol! I remember that Chemist shop in GTA IV. I scratched my head with that one.

Yes, sheriff stations in San Andreas. Almost every county had a sheriff's office. Some stand out ones (as I also said in the first post) was in Fort Carson, Angel Pine, and El Quebrados. Angel Pine was the county seat of Whetstone County (Which is the unofficial name because for some reason is never said county after Whetstone. Tierra Robada's County seat was El Quebrados and Bone County's head was Fort Carson. Flint County had no towns or sheriff station, but there was an area by the Flint Jct and Fallen Tree that had some population. Red County was strange, because they had several towns, but no real sheriff station. Dillimore had this weird branch of the that said POLICE DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS as the sign says out front. One would assume it was a sheriff station for all of Red County.

All the sheriff stations in San Andreas only had San Andreas Police Department vehicles, which were the games STATE POLICE. So hopefully GTA V will clear all this up. They will hopefully do their research. It isn't that complicated.

Federal > County > Municipal.

As for the Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas, I assumed they were their own counties as I made on my map on the first page. Real life San Francisco is a rarity in the western United States being the only city that is also a county all on it's own. So San Andreas I assumed was the same.... though oddly, San Fierro never had the same geographical distinction as the other cities, meaning that is actually could have been part of Flint County. The land was all connected. Las Venturas and Los Santos had major freeways dividing themselves from the neighboring counties.

@PhillBellic, My issue isn't with R8 trying to be as American as possible, my issue is with them never taking the effort to confirm with even one American whether or not a storefront would have have the word "Chemist", at which point they would have found out that that was absurd. Pharmacist yes, chemist no.

@USAPatriot, I'm probably wrong but New Orleans is it's own county, right? Well, Parish but still. I don't know I thouight it was.

And the counties not having sheriffs, I don't even know what to say about that honestly. Because instead of using "San Andreas Police Department", which was incorrect, "Sheriff" would have actually been less effort for R*, seeing that they like to get lazy in that area.

And interestingly enough, depsite the fact that NYC is made up of 5 separate counties coinciding with the 5 boroughs, I don't remember ever hearing mention of counties or boroughs in IV. Nor do I remember Alderney ever being particularly distinguished from LC as a separate state by any character. If I remember correctly, most if not all of the characters treated Alderney as being essentially part of LC.

I'm not even going to get into my issues with SA's geography.

jordanator88
  • jordanator88

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

So I've come to the conclusion that this forum is nothing but no lifes and people who ask the most retarded question and people who like to complain, just to complain.... is there any other forum thats pretty active that isn't well.....like this

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (jordanator88 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 23:29)
So I've come to the conclusion that this forum is nothing but no lifes and people who ask the most retarded question and people who like to complain, just to complain.... is there any other forum thats pretty active that isn't well.....like this

Nobody's forcing you to stay...

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

No one is complaining either. This thread is to promote law enforcement involvement and realism in GTA games. It also points out what Rockstar has done through speculation and evidence. Rockstar is very meticulous in their work, and it can be seen in their games. They have tons of details most people don't notice or care about, but there are a handful of people who do and can appreciate that work.

This thread is for the people who take the time to appreciate the work Rockstar does in their games and wants to promote them to do the same in their law enforcement. To fully carry it out. There are no complaints here.

milosadoni2
  • milosadoni2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

See Parody

stevizzle123
  • stevizzle123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:29)
Fears are mounting that Rockstar is not going to make Blaine County Sheriff cars.... What if what everyone has called Blaine County has been renamed Los Santos County? Well, anyways.... Rockstar has released a Los Santos County Sheriff's hat. Check it out at the Rockstar Warehouse. Thanks to Magic_Al for the heads up on this.

user posted image

This also again supports our evidence to their being Los Santos Sheriff cars. I sure hope Rockstar doesn't pull a 180 on law enforcement development.... where is Blaine County we've heard so much about?

Just supports my theory that there is no Blaine county sheriffs office.

But whats interesting about this hat is it has the same slogan that the first Los Santos patrol car did that we saw in the first trailer. So i wonder why they have the same slogan for the sheriffs office on the hat but we haven't seen it on the cars?

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (stevizzle123 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:49)
QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:29)
Fears are mounting that Rockstar is not going to make Blaine County Sheriff cars.... What if what everyone has called Blaine County has been renamed Los Santos County?  Well, anyways.... Rockstar has released a Los Santos County Sheriff's hat.  Check it out at the Rockstar Warehouse.  Thanks to Magic_Al for the heads up on this.

This also again supports our evidence to their being Los Santos Sheriff cars.  I sure hope Rockstar doesn't pull a 180 on law enforcement development.... where is Blaine County we've heard so much about?

Just supports my theory that there is no Blaine county sheriffs office.

But whats interesting about this hat is it has the same slogan that the first Los Santos patrol car did that we saw in the first trailer. So i wonder why they have the same slogan for the sheriffs office on the hat but we haven't seen it on the cars?

The creative process took hold. What was originally the slogan they wanted for LSPD, they simply moved it over to another agency. So LSPD will probably have a different motto now.

I hope we see a Blaine County Sheriff car here soon. As another member here posted, I wonder how they will deal with fire departments and ambulance service in rural areas or in other towns. Will they have different markings or be more generic looking?

gtablt
  • gtablt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hey, what do you think the chances are we will see see different types of ambulance services and fire units in the country?

Tell me if I am wrong, but in GTA SA, I think all the ambulances said SAN ANDREAS on the side, which could save them a lot of time. Oddly as well, Rockstar has always made their ambulances red and white, except for one in the top down of Vice City. They greatly improved the realism of the units in GTA IV, and in an early video of GTA V, I am pretty sure they showed a burning ambulance. It looked red and white again. It also has the old lightbars seen in GTA IV, so it looks like carry over, at least in that early video.

As for firetrucks, in San Andreas they all said FDSA Fire Department San Andreas). All fire trucks have always been red and white.

So do you think we will see a separate fire department or ambulance service in Los Santos, compared to out in the county hinterlands?

Nuka
  • Nuka

The Connection

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

The Ambulance in Trailer one had blue on it under the red stripe

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

I will answer the above questions soon. Don't have time at the moment.

I just finished the latest revised map. Surely, things are not correct, but I updated Paleto's location, added some light green for farmland or vineyards, and stuck in Brunswick Pass (which is the unofficial name that some think they see on a road sign). It is kind of crammed in the NE corner at the moment. Enjoy the latest map, version 2.1. View full size here. Map 2.0 here.

user posted image
  • GTALE likes this

GTALE
  • GTALE

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

This map looks better then the first one. I do think the area around Brunswick pass is a bit cramped. Hard to to tell since Paleto is across the mountain from some solar plant area and that farm land. Thought at the same time, I know southeast of Paleto is the pass with the Rocketship cafe. Train tracks are also over there. So I am not sure how that is organized.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

Crew: High Caliber LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Police SUV - Declasse Granger 1500LX.
http://img15.hosting...7595Granger.jpg
  • GTALE likes this

Sixta
  • Sixta

AMERIKEE IZ WATCHIN'

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (gtablt @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 11:55)
Hey, what do you think the chances are we will see see different types of ambulance services and fire units in the country?

Tell me if I am wrong, but in GTA SA, I think all the ambulances said SAN ANDREAS on the side, which could save them a lot of time. Oddly as well, Rockstar has always made their ambulances red and white, except for one in the top down of Vice City. They greatly improved the realism of the units in GTA IV, and in an early video of GTA V, I am pretty sure they showed a burning ambulance. It looked red and white again. It also has the old lightbars seen in GTA IV, so it looks like carry over, at least in that early video.

As for firetrucks, in San Andreas they all said FDSA Fire Department San Andreas). All fire trucks have always been red and white.

So do you think we will see a separate fire department or ambulance service in Los Santos, compared to out in the county hinterlands?

The ambulance in the first trailer was more than likely a placeholder, just as the police cars were. At that point in development they were most likely not worried about the vehicles, but instead fleshing out the map. Vehicles are something that are tackled towards the end of the development cycle, as they aren't as resource intensive when it comes to modeling and scripting in comparison to the map.

felixuta
  • felixuta

The Real Deal yo!

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Nice thread! keep it up-to-date icon14.gif

JoshPruitt95
  • JoshPruitt95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

What I think would be great and add to the realism of the game is to see a variety in fire apparatus, instead of just engines have rescues and tankers and such, especially out in the sticks have brush trucks and suck, maybe it's too much to ask for since the games already finished for the most part. Also with the fire departments I would love to see them have different names instead of "SAFD" because as we all know San Andreas is the state in which Los Santos is in, there is no such thing as a state wide fire service, unless you're talking about state forestry. It's all counties and districts, I would know as I am a real life firefighter.

stevizzle123
  • stevizzle123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

My guess is there will only be one Fire truck and one ambulance and they will have something like Los Santos County Fire Department/rescue and Los Santos County medical services.

I doubt they will have San Andreas on them but we may seem more than one fire truck San Andreas had 2 it would be nice if there was one for Los Santos and another for the countryside as well as ambulance so there will be variety.

I wish they would show them i just hope they updated them like they did the police cars.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hi all,

I recently found this topic regarding the poor implementation of Counties and proper Jurisdictions in the GTA IV section of GTAF. I think it is an interesting discusion. "Alderney should have had its own police department", Alderney should have had its own police department.

Cheers. smile.gif

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

EMS in LA is handled by Fire Department. Im not sure if LA County Fire handles all EMS, I know LA County is responsible for the Lifeguards. Blaine County will likely have a County EMS, perhaps they will have a County Fire Department. Paleto could have their own small Fire Department, unless they contracted with the County Fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users