• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 22:52)
Discuss when the PC version will release, not WHETHER it will release or not.

Any person who has half a brain could understand that the PC version is coming...

As of now, G2Play makes me even more positive than before, newswire post just spilled the beans. - Really hope PC will release by the end of the year, i buy it twice anyway, first for PS3 then for PC but playing it on PS3 knowing PC is already to come soon could really make it even a better experience

That is my plan as well. I did this for GTA IV as well by getting PS3's version followed by PC.

I really hope Rockstar surprises us all by releasing the PC version earlier than anticipated.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

either christmas 2013...or never. #fact

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

GTAV will come to PC. The biggest question is indeed: When?
I mean come one, the hardware these days in the present are much more powerfull.
At the time when GTAV is released for PC, we are just a few weeks before the releases of Nvidia GTX800 series.
If the rumors are true, AMD will be releasing the HD9000 series GPU's, only not sure why they skipped the HD8000 series.
But this is not an excuse for Rockst Games not to release GTAV for PC because it wouldn't run on PC properly.
Not even if they are developing a GTA game of the map size of 3 games with endless possibilities and improved graphics/draw distance.

When GTA4 was released in April 2008 for consoles, we had to wait 4 months to get the announcements of GTA4 coming to PC.
PC version released in December 2008, 4 months. That makes it 8 months.
So if R* takes the same path as the GTA4 PC release, perhaps, it should be released in May 2014.
We should get the announcement in January 2014.
Of course that is completely false because of how advanced and how big GTAV is, but this all about when.

Wait...May? Could it be...... May 24th? tounge.gif

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (SilverRST @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 23:10)
I mean come one, the hardware these days in the present are much more powerfull.
At the time when GTAV is released for PC, we are just a few weeks before the releases of Nvidia GTX800 series.
If the rumors are true, AMD will be releasing the HD9000 series GPU's, only not sure why they skipped the HD8000 series.
But this is not an excuse for Rockst Games not to release GTAV for PC because it wouldn't run on PC properly.
Not even if they are developing a GTA game of the map size of 3 games with endless possibilities and improved graphics/draw distance.

When GTA4 was released in April 2008 for consoles, we had to wait 4 months to get the announcements of GTA4 coming to PC.
So if R* takes the same path as the GTA4 PC release, perhaps, it should be released in May 2014.
Of course that is completely false because of how advanced and how big GTAV is, but this all about when.

There are two options:

1. PC version will be released in March-April 2014.

2. PC version will be released earlier than March-April 2014, together with next-gen versions(most likely).
It's not necessary that Rockstar will follow their pattern this time. They can change it, especially because it's different times now, games industry has changed. Digital sales are on the rise and it's a very important source of income for publishers. Plus, next-gen consoles will be released later this year.

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

White-skinned N-word.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 23:17)

There are two options:

2. PC version will be released earlier than March-April 2014, together with next-gen versions(most likely).
It's not necessary that Rockstar will follow their pattern this time. They can change it, especially because it's different times now, games industry has changed. Digital sales are on the rise, and very important source of income for publisher. Plus, next-gen consoles will be released later this year.

No sh*t, sherlock. It comes either before or after, because there's no other time than a "before" and an "after" of any given date.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Sept17th2013 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 23:19)

There are two options:

It's not necessary that Rockstar will follow their pattern this time. They can change it, especially because it's different times now, games industry has changed. Digital sales are on the rise, and very important source of income for publisher. Plus, next-gen consoles will be released later this year.

No sh*t, sherlock. It comes either before or after, because there's no other time than a "before" and an "after" of any given date.

Wtf is that bullsh*t means?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

There are two options:

It's not necessary that Rockstar will follow their pattern this time. They can change it, especially because it's different times now, games industry has changed. Digital sales are on the rise and it's a very important source of income for publishers. Plus, next-gen consoles will be released later this year.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, only just a month more. It has to be released in April or May at it earliest or late.
I think earliest. And yeah, pattern is changed, so more more after 4 months an announcement and 4 months later PC release.
I just hope they will focu on the PC version and not on next-gen consoles. I mean otherwise it has to be developed for 5 platforms!
And that takes up too much time and money.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 20:50)
user posted image

i can honestly now say

they can't make it more obvious now that there will be a pc version

they try and try to avoid saying anything but i can see right through them now after i read this

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

If all the leaks and speculations are true about a GTA V coming THIS YEAR, by the END of the year, in the Q4 of this YEAR, then I will be happier than ever, no need to purchase a second-hand PS3 to play V, I will just wait for the PC version.

Those leaks are uber-awesome. Cheers folks.

Console players, get out if you're here to just argue that PC version isn't coming.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

This thread is still around ? i game on nothing but PC But i can say this thread is useless . Why you ask well we know that the Gta LIFE has always been on PC for the GTA main titles. Sorry fellow PC gamers but there is nothing to worry about.

The REAL question here should be When ? not where ! ... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (loony979 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 06:34)
This thread is still around ? i game on nothing but PC But i can say this thread is useless . Why you ask well we know that the Gta LIFE has always been on PC for the GTA main titles. Sorry fellow PC gamers but there is nothing to worry about.

The REAL question here should be When ? not where ! ... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, well, you know man... This thread has been around and mods and admins posted in here and they didn't find it useless, if you find this thread useless you can leave, the door is right there.

Sorry but, it's pretty dumb to come in here and call this thread useless when it contains EVERYTHING about GTA V for the PC system, regardless if it's a release date or not.

We, PC gamers, feel the need to come in here and discuss about GTA V on PC instead of making 1000 threads, in the "V" section, where people just outright come and insult us because they're console gamers and they think V will never come to PC.

This is OUR little corner, if you don't want to join, then may as well leave the corner peacefully.

Thanks.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 07:21)
QUOTE (loony979 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 06:34)

The REAL question here should be When ? not where ! ... biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif

Yeah, well, you know man... This thread has been around and mods and admins posted in here and they didn't find it useless, if you find this thread useless you can leave, the door is right there.

Sorry but, it's pretty dumb to come in here and call this thread useless when it contains EVERYTHING about GTA V for the PC system, regardless if it's a release date or not.

We, PC gamers, feel the need to come in here and discuss about GTA V on PC instead of making 1000 threads, in the "V" section, where people just outright come and insult us because they're console gamers and they think V will never come to PC.

This is OUR little corner, if you don't want to join, then may as well leave the corner peacefully.

Thanks.

LMFAO!!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 08:21)

Thanks.

I find this part ironic as it's mainly PC Gamers in some comments sections always screaming and bitching NO PC NO BUY U SUCK ROCKSTAR!!!1!!!1! on most GTA V Articles and Videos.

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 20:38)
QUOTE (lh1 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 20:29)
QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 20:00)
QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 19:33)
it will come to PC eventually.  Where GTA was born

Gta wasn't born on the pc. It debuted on both the PlayStation and The PC at the same time. After that each new gta title was released first on Consoles and then later on pc. Eventually PC users had to wait months before they could play the game. GTA has, for a very long time now, been a game designed first for the console. It has never been designed first for the pc. That's just the truth.

Well the PC version of the original GTA is released in October 1997 while the PS version is in December 1997.

No actually both where released on october 1997.

http://en.wikipedia....to_(video_game)
http://gta.wikia.com...nd_Theft_Auto_1
http://www.grandthef...nd_Theft_Auto_1

As you can see all availble sources date the releases for both platforms as October 1997.

GTA was actually released in late November for the PC and the PlayStation version was a poor port released a few weeks later not even developed by DMA (now R* North) they got another company to port it to PS! GTA London 1969 was released on 31 March 1999 for the PC (made by DMA actually using modding programs from the GTA modding community) and then "shipped" on April 30 for the PS. Another poor port still not by DMA and required the GTAL69 disk inserted, taken out the GTA disk inserted, taken out and then GTAL69 disk inserted again. GTA London 1961 was released for the PC on 1 June 1999 (but interestingly not DOS despite that being the OS GTA was originally developed for) and NEVER for the PS. GTA2 was released on PlayStation 5 days before PC but was still a port not by DMA and censored. Even R* said "Grand Theft Auto returns to the platform that birthed it this December 2nd" when announcing GTAIV's specs

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 08:49)

Thanks.

I find this part ironic as it's mainly PC Gamers in some comments sections always screaming and bitching NO PC NO BUY U SUCK ROCKSTAR!!!1!!!1! on most GTA V Articles and Videos.

Now imagine console gamers if it would be other way around. They would close GTAF for good.

THEMANatwar
  • THEMANatwar

Work Hard, Play Hard

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 03:49)

Can you back this accusation up? I would like to see evidence when you stereotype the PC crowd like that.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Thanks.

If I see them writing the way you've just written that sentence then yes, I consider them to be stupid.
But how is it stupid to actually say "No PC version? The you're not getting my money, Rockstar."
Perfectly normal.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thanks.

You do realize the comment section on YouTube no matter what video, are always a clusterf*ck. I'm not even sure why you're bringing that up. Most people there are 12 year old kids.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'll drop a tear if they release GTA V PC in December.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

I can't believe there are over 120 pages of this...

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 18:49)

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=284113

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 16:06)

goes to show there is INDEED a market and demand for R* games on PC....so never ever would the "financial risk" argument be valuable and honest...to me at least.

highnrich
  • highnrich

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

but it is unfair to console owners they have not ported any of gta gaemz but gta 4 to the pc so it would be major unfair to console owners i think its fair when they do a port for th wii u since a nintendo console never had a gta monocle.gif icon14.gif

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (highnrich @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:47)
but it is unfair to console owners they have not ported any of gta gaemz but gta 4 to the pc so it would be major unfair to console owners i think its fair when they do a port for th wii u since a nintendo console never had a gta monocle.gif icon14.gif

user posted image

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Deacon Bosco @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 18:03)
QUOTE (highnrich @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:47)
but it is unfair to console owners they have not ported any of gta gaemz but gta 4 to the pc so it would be major unfair to console owners i think its fair when they do a port for th wii u since a nintendo console never had a gta  monocle.gif   icon14.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 02:50)
QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 20:50)
user posted image

i can honestly now say

they can't make it more obvious now that there will be a pc version

they try and try to avoid saying anything but i can see right through them now after i read this

That does say a lot indeed, can't wait for the PC announcement.

Would be something if they release it in December smile.gif

Gtaplayaminigun
  • Gtaplayaminigun

Buster

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 21:36)

+1. When pointless POS threads like Genesis and others ran for so long, I don't know why he's so pissed about this thread.
BTW, I didn't know IV's PC thread ran for 618 pages!

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Asked G2Play bout GTA V Pre-order on Steam and I have received 2 letters from them:

1st letter:
Dear Customer,

that game will be released: 15/10/2013 and then you will have the key, but in every time you can pre-order it here: https://www.g2play.n...?keep_https=yes .

Best regards,
Caterina

2nd letter:
Dear customer

As for now we have put this item on hold cause there are some misleading information about it's release for PC.

Regards
Arthur
Support Team

I think it is pretty much because it is not yet confirmed.

LUK4
  • LUK4

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

to me 15/10'13 sounds possible, there are many ppl that say GTA IV released few months later so V will also, and they are relaying too much on what r* did in the past, but hey, r* showed that they are keen to changes, they've just announced gameplay video, why wouldn't they release V only month after console version?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (LUK4 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 14:48)
to me 15/10'13 sounds possible, there are many ppl that say GTA IV released few months later so V will also, and they are relaying too much on what r* did in the past, but hey, r* showed that they are keen to changes, they've just announced gameplay video, why wouldn't they release V only month after console version?

Because Sam is console fanboy, or is Dan, dunno. Anyway, that would be cool news, but apperantly money will go Watch Dogs, as I yet didn't saw official statement.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users