• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

Well they might just put it on PS3/Xbox 360 first, then when the Xbox One and Playstation 4 come out Rockstar will develop V for PS4, Xbox One and PC simultaneously since all three run the x86 platform

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (YankeesPwnMets @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 01:47)
Well they might just put it on PS3/Xbox 360 first, then when the Xbox One and Playstation 4 come out Rockstar will develop V for PS4, Xbox One and PC simultaneously since all three run the x86 platform

Or just create a PC version and then port it to X1 and PS4.

WhyYouMad?
  • WhyYouMad?

Nice!

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (FamousTroll @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 20:40)
pc people are just butthurt sneaky2.gif they dont know if gta v coming out on pc. catspider.gif

that's one of the reasons why game company's get nervous on... the fact that the games on it just go from left to right up and down ... you never really know where the games going in so many new directions if any on the PC

as soon as a games out its all about MODS MODS MODS and that other " P " word that many really know what happens

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:39 AM Edited by DizzeeXL, 30 June 2013 - 09:46 AM.

For people doubting about the PC version, here's what Rockstar said in 2008:

Rockstar's comments:
As for GTA IV coming out on the PC, that’s very doubtful as we currently have no plans to develop for the PC. We could only focus our efforts extensively on so many consoles at once, and PC might not see the light of day.

But in the end PC did see the light.

Source: http://whatifgaming....c-very-doubtful

It seems like this time they're much less negative towards PC:

Thanks, but we’re currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don’t have any details to share about a PC version this time.

It's pretty obvious GTA V will definitely come for PC.

Njale
  • Njale

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

It's just a business decision they have to take, announcing or even talking about PC/nextgen versions in the future could potentially ruin sales for ps3/360. I expect an announcement 2-4 months after the release.

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 09:39)

Rockstar's comments:
As for GTA IV coming out on the PC, that’s very doubtful as we currently have no plans to develop for the PC. We could only focus our efforts extensively on so many consoles at once, and PC might not see the light of day.

Thanks, but we’re currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don’t have any details to share about a PC version this time.

That seems fake, if you search that only that website have that new, and the other sites just link to whatifgaming.

Don't trust a website until you prove its legit information. Fake and gay...

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by DizzeeXL, 30 June 2013 - 10:30 AM.

Okay sorry if the link is fake, but here's another thing I found, there was a GTA IV PC petition in 2008, I think it was the most popular one and it got only 32,431 signatures, now we got 180,000. for GTAV.
Lets just hope Rockstar got the attention of it.
Here's the link:
http://web.archive.o...signatures.html

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 10:39)

Rockstar's comments:

When Whatifgaming posted that news it was a no name site. Most people in the GTA IV thread were incredibly skeptical at the time that a site no one had ever heard of managed to get such a "scoop" when every other big site didn't report such news. Several people went looking for a Nick Hersh to see if he worked at Rockstar, nothing was found. Then when you consider the name "Nick Hersh" sounds similar to the world "knickers" it doesn't take much imagination to conclude that this is either a "joke" or complete and utter bullsh*t. The site never offered any further information and as we know it turned out to be bullsh*t.

In short if Rockstar post the status of GTA 5 for the PC on their website it is legit. if a news website posts some super secret insider has told them "blah blah" it is false.

alex3
  • alex3

Crazy Ass Aunt

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Yes, as said above, Rockstar denied making a pc version of IV at first. But then:

New York, NY – August 6, 2008 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively.

"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

"plays beautifuly" must've been an overstatement... cus it's partially lies if you look into the release past.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

“Hey Rockstar, I'm curious whether you are planning on releasing GTA V on the PC...” – received via Mouthoff
“You've probably been asked before, but is GTA V coming for next gen consoles also?” – @tomtoon2010

The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release. We don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now.

But I have PC right now too sad.gif

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 14:33)
“Hey Rockstar, I'm curious whether you are planning on releasing GTA V on the PC...” – received via Mouthoff
“You've probably been asked before, but is GTA V coming for next gen consoles also?” – @tomtoon2010

The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release. We don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now.

But I have PC right now too sad.gif

It was pretty obvious they were going to act like that, I'm not surprised. As always, 0 words about PC versione until 2 or 3 months after the release...

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 02 July 2013 - 03:11 PM.

lol the answer from the A&A pretty much confirmed the PC version and possibly the Next Gen version.

Didn't they said that they didn't care about Next Gen and GTAV would be a huge hit released on current gen only? So why this "possibility"? Why can't they deny it? No one will start a riot because of it ... so ya I think their words pretty much confirmed both versions, in fact they are using the exact same speech that they used with GTA IV.

Look what they said about RDR on PC:

user posted image

See the difference? They had no plans about a PC version, they didn't said they had no information about its possibility in the moment.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 15:08)
lol the answer from the A&A pretty much confirmed the PC version and possibly the Next Gen version.

Didn't they said that they didn't care about Next Gen and GTAV would be a huge hit released on current gen only? So why this "possibility"? Why can't they deny it? No one will start a riot because of it ... so ya I think their words pretty much confirmed both versions, in fact they are using the exact same speech that they used with GTA IV.

Look what they said about RDR on PC:

user posted image

See the difference? They had no plans about a PC version, they didn't said they had no information about its possibility in the moment.

Even just the fact V is developed by Rockstar North confirms a PC version.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

This thread is useless.

GTA V WILL come to PC, as every major GTA did, end of story

LemonFreak.
  • LemonFreak.

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:47)
This thread is useless.

Let's see.... 115 pages on this thread and no admin/mod considered it useless but you.

Actually, this thread is useful, I learned a lot of stuff from here.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Mamunda @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 11:47)
This thread is useless.

The question isn't if it will come, it's how terrible of a port it will be when it comes

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 15:55)
This thread is useless.

The question isn't if it will come, it's how terrible of a port it will be when it comes

It won't be a port I'm very confident of that, Rockstar isn't like EA that knowing that Dead Space 2 PC port was horrible did the same with Dead Space 3 and then complained about sales.

They give us trash and want us to buy it as candy... I still have hope that Rockstar learned with their mistakes and successes and with that I'm talking about GTA Iv and Max Payne 3.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:23)
Dead Space 2 PC port was horrible did the same with Dead Space 3 and then complained about sales.

They were horrible?

Lol, a far as I recall they ran very smooth with max details on my 5 years old machine

Now GTA IV port is another story.

THAT'S what you call horrible

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

This thread is useless.

It won't be a port I'm very confident of that, Rockstar isn't like EA that knowing that Dead Space 2 PC port was horrible did the same with Dead Space 3 and then complained about sales.

They give us trash and want us to buy it as candy... I still have hope that Rockstar learned with their mistakes and successes and with that I'm talking about GTA Iv and Max Payne 3.

Of course it will be port, you expect them to first finish XBOX and PS version then start over and make for PC? Nope.

P.S. There is difference betwen bad port and good port.

LemonFreak.
  • LemonFreak.

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:56)
This thread is useless.

Of course it will be port, you expect them to first finish XBOX and PS version then start over and make for PC? Nope.

Or the PC version is being developed along-side the console version.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (LemonFreak. @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:59)
QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:56)
This thread is useless.

Or the PC version is being developed along-side the next gen console versions.

Exactly.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 02 July 2013 - 05:17 PM.

No I don't expect that, what I expect is exactly the same same thing as Max Payne 3.

This time GTAV don't have a lead platform, there is an XBOX version and a PS version, so it's very likely there is also a PC version. Max Payne 3 was developed for the 3 platforms at the same time and the final result was the best possible. So the same should happen to GTAV, which makes sense because this will allow them to port it to Next Gen consoles keeping the expected quality for the new systems.

And the news of the game being worked for consoles and PC are at least 2 years old, and were written in CV's that were deleted when the flaw was spotted. If you ever made a CV you know that the more experience you write on it the better chances you have, so they just did that but forgot that information wasn't only in a closed circuit and could leak.

And also don't forget of the guy with had in these forums about a year ago, that gave actual inside information with the name of the 3 characters way before we knew about the existence of 3 protagonists and even mentioned a GTA Online... which now seems was fused with GTAV instead of a different game, and he said the game was under development separately for XBOX, PS and PC.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:14)
What I expect is exactly the same same thing as Max Payne 3.

Same here. Nothing more, nothing less.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Expecting MP3 deja vu is not so sure.. MP3 was announced alongside consoles for PC, and ofcourse it came only few weeks later cus they broke their promise... else, it would really show their opposition to our platform of choice.

Right now, it's different, no PC platform announcement so months to wait are pretty much a given to get the PC version - Well, that's my opinion of it anyway

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:39)
Expecting MP3 deja vu is not so sure.. MP3 was announced alongside consoles for PC, and ofcourse it came only few weeks later cus they broke their promise... else, it would really show their opposition to our platform of choice.

Right now, it's different, no PC platform announcement so months to wait are pretty much a given to get the PC version - Well, that's my opinion of it anyway

Of course it'll come late, like all the previous GTAs.
What I was trying to say is, the PC version won't be a port, and it'll be greatly optimized.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:50)

What I was trying to say is, the PC version won't be a port, and it'll be greatly optimized.

Well, let's hope so.

But even if it's a bad port ... ain't nothing we can do about it... just moan and complain for them to fix it.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:51)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:50)

Well, let's hope so.

But even if it's a bad port ... ain't nothing we can do about it... just moan and complain for them to fix it.

Or let the modders do their job. Remember Dark Souls? The game was an untouched direct X360 port. It didn't even allow you to go above the 720p resolution. Some modder on NeoGAF created this thing "DSFix" it fixed the resolution, and the locked frame rate.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yep, goes to show that the PC master race is unbeatable! If someone put a lot of effort... could bring RDR to PC partially haha

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:00)
Yep, goes to show that the PC master race is unbeatable! If someone put a lot of effort... could bring RDR to PC partially haha

Maybe one day we will see an emulator.
Another thing related to that Dark Souls - Modding thing is the Cockpit View mod for Grid 2. A lot of gamers were angry about this feature being jettisoned from the game, and again, a modder created this.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users