PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Njale
  • Njale

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (TakinThyBacon @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:25)
You guys have my sympathy, it must be tough to have to wait 6 months to get a title, I'd imagine suprise is pretty much out of the question with all the letsplays and news articles, spoilers must be unavoidable.

Must be tough to play in sub720p resolution, must be tough to play with low res textures, must be tough to play with limited view distance, must be tough to play with less than 30 fps, must be tough to play with a very limited world population, must be tough to look at all those wonderful mods and not being able to use them, must be tough to play with less people in multiplayer than PC. Should i continue?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Not really, it's the same bitching going in a circle, I'm bored of the PC vs Console argument, not to be negative against PC users, but seriously invading like every comment section with WHERE'S PC VERSION NOW f*ck YOU, gets really boring after a while.

hithere5
  • hithere5

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by hithere5, 25 June 2013 - 05:52 PM.

I really don't know what to do.
I have a PS3 and a rather powerful PC. I'm not using the PS3 much, but I bought RDR recently.
I don't know. The controller was ok to use but the graphics... whatsthat.gif
Damn, I guess I'm pretty spoiled by my PC. I just can't enjoy the beauty of the game with all the aliasing and the overall low resolution..
Don't know what to do know with V.
On the one hand I really don't want to wait anymore but on the other hand I want a smooth gaming experience, which I'll get only on the PC.
Yeah, so call me a graphic whore or whatever, but that's just the way it is.
Guess I'll go with the PS3 version first because I won't be able to contain myself on release day and then later switch to the PC version.

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Stayin' Alive

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

People should stop post something here unless they post something productive here such as official info, not Console vs PC debates

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (darkdude @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:12)
People should stop post something here unless they post something productive here such as official info, not Console vs PC debates

this would be a much better place if the mods just did their jobs

FamousTroll
  • FamousTroll

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (hithere5 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:50)

I have a PS3 and a rather powerful PC. I'm not using the PS3 much, but I bought RDR recently.
I don't know. The controller was ok to use but the graphics...  whatsthat.gif
Damn, I guess I'm pretty spoiled by my PC. I just can't enjoy the beauty of the game with all the aliasing and the overall low resolution..
On the one hand I really don't want to wait anymore but on the other hand I want a smooth gaming experience, which I'll get only on the PC.
Guess I'll go with the PS3 version first because I won't be able to contain myself on release day and then later switch to the PC version.

if you have xbox? you have better version of the game rolleyes.gif

FamousTroll
  • FamousTroll

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:30 PM Edited by FamousTroll, 25 June 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Must be tough to play in sub720p resolution, must be tough to play with low res textures, must be tough to play with limited view distance, must be tough to play with less than 30 fps, must be tough to play with a very limited world population, must be tough to look at all those wonderful mods and not being able to use them, must be tough to play with less people in multiplayer than PC. Should i continue?

most people have JOB. they dont care about fancy graphics,mod etc.. only loser play video games for 24 hrs sly.gif

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (FamousTroll @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 13:30)
most people have JOB. they dont care about fancy graphics,mod etc.. only loser play video games for 24 hrs sly.gif

So all of you guys are trying to tell me you like consoles more because the graphics look worse, the games are more expensive, and you have to pay for online services to play online? You console fanboys sound rediculous. There's nothing better that consoles offer.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

For the love of humanity, stop feeding the troll.

Let's just stick to discussing GTA V PC and the specs required.

FamousTroll
  • FamousTroll

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

So all of you guys are trying to tell me you like consoles more because the graphics look worse, the games are more expensive, and you have to pay for online services to play online? You console fanboys sound rediculous. There's nothing better that consoles offer.

well not everyone are graphic whore sigh.gif $60 for awesome game why not? (or wait 4 or 6 months for price drop or something) not everyone like to play online (to encounter rage quitter,douchebags,hacker,modder etc) mercie_blink.gif

FamousTroll
  • FamousTroll

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

For the love of humanity, stop feeding the troll.

Let's just stick to discussing GTA V PC and the specs required.

or pray rockstar release it to pc and next gen console happy.gif

xterizorzzz
  • xterizorzzz

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

If Gta V comes to PC it will obviously come to next gen consoles they can just port the PC version

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (MWC @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:16)

They are by allowing this thread to stay open... It keeps all the bickering here for the most part.

liasha
  • liasha

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (xterizorzzz @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 04:52)
If Gta V comes to PC it will obviously come to next gen consoles they can just port the PC version

IF ?????

are you kidding? biggrin.gif lol.gif

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (FamousTroll @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 21:24)
QUOTE (hithere5 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:50)

I don't know. The controller was ok to use but the graphics...  whatsthat.gif

if you have xbox? you have better version of the game rolleyes.gif

Are you designed by console fags to troll pc gamers?

xterizorzzz
  • xterizorzzz

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Njale @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:37)
QUOTE (TakinThyBacon @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:25)
You guys have my sympathy, it must be tough to have to wait 6 months to get a title, I'd imagine suprise is pretty much out of the question with all the letsplays and news articles, spoilers must be unavoidable.

Awwww is someone mad do you want some cookies and a glass of milk?

xterizorzzz
  • xterizorzzz

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

I think it's funny that PC gamers have to beg for there games and start petitions to be acknowledged by developers tounge.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Jesus christ, you console players are f*cking retarded, stop provoking PC gamers and go away.

xterizorzzz
  • xterizorzzz

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:07 PM Edited by xterizorzzz, 26 June 2013 - 12:23 PM.

Consoles are for poor people

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (xterizorzzz @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 12:07)
OMG IM TEH PEEC MAST3R RAC3 WE HAZ TEH BEZT GRAPIKFS EVAR WE BEG FUR CONSOLE PORTS

user posted image

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 06:07)

They are by allowing this thread to stay open... It keeps all the bickering here for the most part.

not really, this thread should stay opened either way, what i was thinking is that they should start perma. banning the trolls and fanboys of consoles and PC alike, and when people see that they could get banned for the stupid posts that litter this thread the console vs PC war would end sooner than it started, and than all the normal people can discuss the PC version here in peace

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

What the hell is going on? I became less active around here in early April, because I had to learn more for school, and I started to become more active again around a couple of weeks ago. Seriously, this place is much worse than it was a few months ago.

Do not respond to those who are provoking platform wars, it's just getting worse. Report the trolls and move on.

xterizorzzz
  • xterizorzzz

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Consoles are for homosexuals

xterizorzzz
  • xterizorzzz

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 12:23)
What the hell is going on? I became less active around here in early April, because I had to learn more for school, and I started to become more active again around a couple of weeks ago. Seriously, this place is much worse than it was a few months ago.

Do not respond to those who are provoking platform wars, it's just getting worse. Report the trolls and move on.

Get back to school kid

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:07)

That isn't them doing their jobs, it's them being lazy and moving the problem. Ever seen The Wire? This reminds me of Hamsterdam. Move all the problems to one thread and just leave it.

Makes it really enjoyable trying to have a conversation about a PC version when some tosser is allowed to come in and crayon all over the thread without anything being done (despite numerous reports).

Adriaan asked me before what I think the problem with the mods are. This thread is it.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 12:52)
QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 05:07)

That isn't them doing their jobs, it's them being lazy and moving the problem. Ever seen The Wire? This reminds me of Hamsterdam. Move all the problems to one thread and just leave it.

Makes it really enjoyable trying to have a conversation about a PC version when some tosser is allowed to come in and crayon all over the thread without anything being done (despite numerous reports).

Adriaan asked me before what I think the problem with the mods are. This thread is it.

How is this thread problem? Problem are console fanboys that come here.

FamousTroll
  • FamousTroll

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

pc people are just butthurt sneaky2.gif they dont know if gta v coming out on pc. catspider.gif

THEMANatwar
  • THEMANatwar

Work Hard, Play Hard

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Just report and move on guys!

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

So, is the general consensus from "more informed" "PC folk" that "fans of GTA Series" that Rockstar will launch undoubtedly or that it could go either way for confirmed/non-PC launch.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

To answer your question, I recommend you to do a small search about the same thing but for GTA IV, there was a huge thread (in fact there were 3, they had to creat part 2 and 3) exactly like this one. All the consoles players war against PC players, all the same stupid comments and the same wishes of the game not being released for PC. If you read those threads you'll feel a Deja Vu.

I've been in these forums for long time and I know GTA since the 1st that had a demo in a PC magazine. And I see a few different things for this release, things I've been writing about for over a year and far as I can tell, never the amount of leaks and rumors was so high, taking into account the sources of them. So ya I believe the PC version is as finished as the consoles version, they won't need an extra 8 months to make a port. They can chose to do so for marketing stategy but honestly I think it won't be much of a difference if they release the PC version less then a month after the consoles, unless they are planning a massive amount of DLC's.

There is also another scenario, that is releasing the game on current consoles and then in November releasing it with new consoles as launch title leaving the PC out, but if they did this it wouldn't make much sense, because if there is a NG version a PC version wouldn't be far, being the source of it.

This time we have lots of retailers from Germany, France, Australia, Romania claiming they have information about a PC version, we also had retailers leaking information that they right after deleted that was confirmed against all odds and we even had specific details of a PC version (Uncut), and we shouldn't forget that plenty of those retailers have pre-orders for it for months and didn't take them down or did anything about it. So I'd say the PC version is more then confirmed by now and most likely will be released within weeks or 2 o 3 months after consoles release.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users