PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 03:47)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 17:19)
QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 18:58)
QUOTE (kb2084 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 16:27)
planning on getting this spec for when/if they release it on pc. [barely keeping current PC alive]

i7 4770k
16gb vengeance
asus Z87-PRO
asus GTX 770 2gb
blue-ray player

this enough to max out a possible GTA V to ultra settings?

Why would you even ask? Do you even know what you're buying?

Sounds more like showing off.

showing off? when/if V is out on PC this is the spec im getting. or better at the time [depending on availability and costs]

what i got right now is q9550, 3.5GB ram and 1GB GT9000 on winXP. i have a 2GB of RAM that works when it feels like, and BSOD appearing when it feels like. barely functioning.

saved enough to buy a pc to whatever spec i feel like. just waiting for the announcement of PC version. if there is one.

You can move to 6 or 8gb ram and a newer gfx card and get A LOT more out of your processor than you probably currently do. It would run V no problem with that ram and gfx upgraded, but ram is so much, the full on upgrade might be good and only slightly more I guess.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

Rockstar just announced a Mac version of Max Payne 3, which is significant because, AFAIK, Rockstar has never before released a Mac version of any game reasonably close to the date of the PC version. (By Mac gaming standards, a year is reasonable compared to the usual "never", for example Mac CoD: Black Ops came out when CoD: Black Ops 2 came out for everyone else.)

I think this makes an eventual Mac version of GTAV pretty likely, assuming there is a PC version. One would think a Mac version of GTAIV would come along somewhere in there too.

xterizorzzz
  • xterizorzzz

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

I Emailed R* and this is what they said regarding a PC version As of now, there are no current plans to bring Grand Theft Auto V to the PC platform. If that should change, we will let you know.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (xterizorzzz @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 08:10)
I Emailed R* and this is what they said regarding a PC version As of now, there are no current plans to bring Grand Theft Auto V to the PC platform. If that should change, we will let you know.

I don't think they mean it; but if they do, literally f*ck them.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (xterizorzzz @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:40)

Could you screencap said email?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (xterizorzzz @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 03:40)

Of course they'll say that, they don't know much more than you, and that's the enterprise answer for "consoles first". The people answering the emails aren't developers or PR, they don't know anything.

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:19 AM Edited by sats, 21 June 2013 - 05:33 AM.

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 03:56)

Of course they'll say that, they don't know much more than you, and that's the enterprise answer for "consoles first". The people answering the emails aren't developers or PR, they don't know anything.

oh no, they said the same with red dead redemption."As of now, there are no current plans to bring Red dead redemption to the PC platform. If that should change, we will let you know". they are hinting that the same will happen to gta too. so gta v will not come to pc.i hate you rockstar.you seriously suck.i now have no interest in gta v.now i only believe in the petition.so if you guys want gta v on pc.spread the message on internet about that petition.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 05:19)

oh no, they said the same with red dead redemption."As of now, there are no current plans to bring Red dead redemption to the PC platform. If that should change, we will let you know". they are hinting that the same will happen to gta too. so gta v will not come to pc.i hate you rockstar.you seriously suck.

Calm down, it will eventually come. R* already know that if they don't release it for pc we will burn down their headquarters and steal they cocaine, bitches and money.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

oh no, they said the same with red dead redemption."As of now, there are no current plans to bring Red dead redemption to the PC platform. If that should change, we will let you know". they are hinting that the same will happen to gta too. so gta v will not come to pc.i hate you rockstar.you seriously suck.i now have no interest in gta v.now i only believe in the petition.so if you guys want gta v on pc.spread the message on internet about that petition.

You are seriously that retarded? No offense dude, but seriously...
People who are answering those emails know nothing, just like us. They said same thing about other GTAs since GTA 3. RDR is not released on PC because Rockstar San Diego stopped making games for PC in 2003. They are focused on X360 and PS3 versions and it means that they WILL release PC version later. The same thing goes over and over again since GTA 3 and there are still people who believe that sh*t... I am disappointed.

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:53 AM Edited by sats, 21 June 2013 - 06:55 AM.

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 06:43)

People who are answering those emails know nothing, just like us. They said same thing about other GTAs since GTA 3. RDR is not released on PC because Rockstar San Diego stopped making games for PC in 2003. They are focused on X360 and PS3 versions and it means that they WILL release PC version later. The same thing goes over and over again since GTA 3 and there are still people who believe that sh*t... I am disappointed.

For the love of god everypc gamer should advertise that petition everywhere on internet on websites,on forums on facebook etc.if we gain 500,000 signatures.then rockstar will definitely respondthey said the same statement when i asked for rdr pc.not one time but dozens of time the same statement,so they are hinting the same will happen to gta v.

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

If rockstar doesnt bring GTAV to pc i will lose an unimaginable amount of respect for them and will never buy another product from them whether its gta max payne or midnight club, that would just be unacceptable. GTA started on PC and should always remain on it.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

Sats shut the f*ck up already, you're making PC people look dumb, shut the fvck up with that petition, it will come for PC, GTA was born on a PC not a dumb console, and if it won't. Come I could careless, like I careless At the moment about it coming or not, Rockstar already lost 110% of my respect towards them, I am disgusted by them and their Day-1 dlc bullsh*t.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 06:53)
QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 06:43)

For the love of god everypc gamer should advertise that petition everywhere on internet on websites,on forums on facebook etc.if we gain 500,000 signatures.then rockstar will definitely respondthey said the same statement when i asked for rdr pc.not one time but dozens of time the same statement,so they are hinting the same will happen to gta v.

You are one of those who makes PC players look retarded. No more discussions with you.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

GTA has always been released on PC, they won't stop now, it's their biggest blockbuster, it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Red Dead Revolver wasn't launched for PC either, well, consequence: Red Dead Redemption wasn't either because they decided it to be a console exclusive.
GTA is not a console exclusive and will never be, use some common sense.

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

http://www.rockstarg...ghtmare-gr.html

See what rockstar responded to darknite pulse.darknitepulse is me.and they stated the same statement dozens of times now they say the same with gta v when emailed.so they are hinting by saying the same statement that same will happen to gta v too.

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Seriously, that's just a generic e-mail and it means nothing. Wait until PC is announced, they won't tell you a sh*t about it before.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 14:35)
http://www.rockstarg...ghtmare-gr.html

See what rockstar responded to darknite pulse.darknitepulse is me.and they stated the same statement dozens of times now they say the same with gta v when emailed.so they are hinting by saying the same statement that same will happen to gta v too.

You fail to understand the main point here, what proves my affirmation even more is the fact that they used the exact same text for both the RDR and V claims. It's just enterprise talk, a generic answer for "we won't tell you", just because it happened to RDR, it won't happen with V and that's certain. You'll understand if you read my previous post, I give up.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Rockstar pretty much wants console money first, and then they'll make a PC version or there's already being secretly worked on at another place.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

I don't understand why are people still talking about 'there won't be PC version' or 'there will be'. Of course there will be PC version like for all previous GTA games, it's not question 'will', the question is 'when' will PC version come. Probably in spring 2014

DickieM
  • DickieM

►S☼LS◄

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

it really sucks how Rockstar treats PC gamers.. some of us have PC's that could probably handle it..

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 09:15)
GTA has always been released on PC, they won't stop now, it's their biggest blockbuster, it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Red Dead Revolver wasn't launched for PC either, well, consequence: Red Dead Redemption wasn't either because they decided it to be a console exclusive.
GTA is not a console exclusive and will never be, use some common sense.

Yea man, it makes no sense at all for us to be able to play from 1 through IV on PC, then all the sudden, they decide they only want GTA V to be experienced on low settings and low resolution and low FPS and stuff. No way would they keep their own flagship from shining on the best place it can be played/displayed. No possible way would they do all that work, and leave it looking like crap forever.

Console people get the instragram thing. PC players will get the video editor, just like last time, and the instagram thing. People who early adopt on consoles will "upgrade" to the PC version for the editor and enhanced graphics options just like they did with IV. Those of us spoiled by PC versions of games and can't enjoy console graphics anymore (I'm one of them), well, we gotta just be the butt of a temporary 'joke' while console avengers try (for some unknown reason) to think they are special and that GTA is just for them, and then we always get the last laugh though, don't we? When our games are smoother looking, smoother running, better textures, better visual effects and lighting across the board and so on and so forth. tounge.gif

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:26 AM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 22 June 2013 - 02:29 AM.

QUOTE (brian. @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:14)
When our games are smoother looking, smoother running, better textures, better visual effects and lighting across the board and so on and so forth.

From my experience the console versions of the III era games looked better than the PC ports especially San Andreas. The PS2 versions had way better colors and shaders. Xbox had more polys and better textures. While PC had a lack of all said features except better framerate, resolution. and aliasing.

Though this thankfully changed with IV's PC release.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

lol...

That email have exactly the same answer I've got like 7 months ago when I asked about the PC version. In fact I'm pretty sure any support ticket you send them about PC will get that exact same answer. If it's not an automated answer it's copy-paste.

I've worked as part of support for an online game, and we also had a few sentences like these to copy-paste when we had specific questions. The PC version is more then confirmed by now, I don't ask the "if" question, I just ask the "when" and "how it will be". There have been to many leaks from CV's, retailers, about GTAV like never before in GTA history. I think the main reasons is because they already had that information by the end of 2012 when was supposed to be released, but then it got delayed, first to the Spring of next year and then to the end of the Summer.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (DickieM @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 02:02)
it really sucks how Rockstar treats PC gamers.. some of us have PC's that could probably handle it..

There's no "how rockstar treats us PC gamers", it's about the money, they want to milk out the xbox and ps3 sales then they release it on the PC.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (DickieM @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 01:02)

Money makes people do strange things, doesn't it ?!

Guess you could then also say that it sucks they love money so much.

Y'know i agree on both points, but just had to get it out there.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Why can't they release it this time around, along with the console versions? Look at Watch Dogs- that game was built with PC's in mind. It also releases on consoles, albeit scaled down.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 14:01)
Why can't they release it this time around, along with the console versions? Look at Watch Dogs- that game was built with PC's in mind. It also releases on consoles, albeit scaled down.

Because Ubisoft is nothing like Rockstar, Rockstar likes to see PC people cry.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (zerofreeze @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 16:25)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 14:01)
Why can't they release it this time around, along with the console versions? Look at Watch Dogs- that game was built with PC's in mind.  It also releases on consoles, albeit scaled down.

Because Ubisoft is nothing like Rockstar, Rockstar likes to see PC people cry.

because of f*cking money. No other logical conclusion

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 22 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 16:01)

The difference here is that Watch Dogs is a next-gen title while GTAV is still a current-gen title. The new consoles use the x86-architecture, thus they are so similar to PC's like no console in the history. That's the reason why some of the next-gen games do have PC as lead-platform. The programming of these three platforms is pretty much the same which makes it easy to develope a game on one platform, and then porting it to the other platforms. It's not as easy with the consoles we have now, because the architecture is entirely different. Hence, Rockstar isn't doing it with GTAV. I'm not sure why they keep delaying their games for PC, when they managed an almost simultaneous release of Max Payne 3 for all platforms, but it might be due the fact that we're talking about another studio now, namely Rockstar North and not Rockstar Vancouver (or better said Rockstar Toronto since the Vancouver studio merged with them around a year ago).

Perhaps, it has something to do with the communication within the departments of Rockstar Games. Hopefully, this is the last time we have to think about whether the PC version of GTA is going to be decent or great, or perhaps just average or bad. It should be theoretically possible that Rockstar North themselves port future GTA titles to PC, but that's just the theory so perhaps I'm missing something important. I don't work for Rockstar so it's just speculation, at this point. It will be certainly interesting to see what the future offers...

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

For the PC People from EB World, EB Games Australia (aka GameStop down under)

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users