PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

I love you dudes, my hopes are up again. But I do wish that the game releases as soon as possible from the console release. CCJJBB, Silver Wolf, Ferocious, how much do you think we will have to wait until it comes to PC?

My guess is around Christmas. Why? Because if indeed it comes out for next gen, they will most likely be considered title releases, by the time the consoles will be out, and so should the PC version. icon14.gif Hopes up people!

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 09:18)
I love you dudes, my hopes are up again. But I do wish that the game releases as soon as possible from the console release. CCJJBB, Silver Wolf, Ferocious, how much do you think we will have to wait until it comes to PC?

My guess is around Christmas. Why? Because if indeed it comes out for next gen, they will most likely be considered title releases, by the time the consoles will be out, and so should the PC version. icon14.gif Hopes up people!

@I'd be quiet happy with a Christmas release for PC. But if they pull an MP3, I'd over the f*cking moon!

But for now, all I need is a confirmation OF PC GTAV from rockstar.

I.. can't wait to play GTAV maxed out at least 45 FPS!

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 05:48)
CCJJBB, Silver Wolf, Ferocious, how much do you think we will have to wait until it comes to PC?

We can only guess, obviously, but I'm expecting the PC version in December this year, perhaps early next year. I'm not disappointed if the wait turns out to be longer again; provided that we are getting a well optimized game for the platform we prefer. Though, I'm getting a PS4, I'll most likely always be playing GTA on PC, but not only because of the graphical advantages. I wonder when Rockstar is going to announce the game for the PC platform because considering the history, it differs a lot. GTAIV was announced a few months after the initial release for PC, San Andreas on the other hand was announced for it a month before the initial release! I presume it will be similar to the 'newer' titles, meaning some time after the release of the console version. After all, only time will tell.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

At least we can be sure that they won't announce it before late September.. alone for financial and marketing reasons.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:22)
still nothing on the pc version they are really trying to tease us

No chance of release with consoles. that window has gone. pre-orders for PC would have started a long time ago otherwise.

hopefully my home pc lasts til V's release in the future [if there ever is one]... on its last leg.

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 05:07)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 09:18)

@I'd be quiet happy with a Christmas release for PC. But if they pull an MP3, I'd over the f*cking moon!

But for now, all I need is a confirmation OF PC GTAV from rockstar.

I.. can't wait to play GTAV maxed out at least 45 FPS!

Actually with spec like yours i think you will be able to play GTA V with enb like mods when they come out for V with more than 50 FPS. People are still forgetting that the game is based on the same engine that Max Payne 3 and IV used, but now it will be even more optimized so basically we will get better graphics but the requirements will stay the same or even lower. My rig (i5 2500k, overclocked MSI 560ti Twin Frozr II,8GB ram) runs GTA IV with HD texture mods and ENB and Max payne 3 on maximum in 1080p at steady 45 FPS so im sure you rig can rock GTA V on much higher wink.gif

liasha
  • liasha

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

can i play gta v with 60 FPS ?

gtx 680
i7 3820
16gb ram

impo
  • impo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (liasha @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 20:21)

gtx 680
i7 3820
16gb ram

more than enough

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (impo @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 20:30)
QUOTE (liasha @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 20:21)

gtx 680
i7 3820
16gb ram

more than enough

How do you know? We don't even know if it is coming! All we know is that winter is coming and a lot of Starks won't see it!
Stop this madness.

Anyway, yes it will probaly run fine, most likely not 60fps all the time with Ultra settings and max. distance.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 14 June 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Well my guess since they delayed it to September has been always the same, assuming all I've wrote till today.

I do believe the PC version is as ready as the consoles version and being ported to Next Gen. Which means no need of extra time (8 months) to port the game from current gen to PC, so if this is correct, the Next Gen version should be out by November by the time of the new consoles launch as a spike for sales and eventually PC will be out too. Althought they could release it to the new consoles and not PC, but that wouldn't be very smart because the PC confirmation would be more then sure.

If eventually there is no PC version and they need to port it (huge mistake if you ask me) we'll have to wait till around May of next year as before.

But I think this second scenario is very unlikely and this strategy could explain why the hell they decided to release such a title when people go back to work/ school. Deoesn't make any sense, unless they need to release it before the other versions.

Also the fact that the game might be out by Christmas could be the reason why so many retailers are risking to allow pre-orders of the game so soon, this is new it didn't happen with GTAIV. The big retailers as most likely their shareholders know their plan, and what versions will be released and when, the embargo's and their own interests don't allow them to say anything, but some of them are getting impatient and trying to get in front of others.

I've posted many links in this thread and one of those links was another hint, from the description of the Game Guide of the game, that information usually comes from the owner of the product and the store makes a "copy-past" of the information given, and the description was Xbox360, PS3 and PC.

I'm sure PC will be released, I can say I'm sure 99.99% being the 0.01 the official confirmation as for the next gen version I'm just using common sense.

zeq2mapper
  • zeq2mapper

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Will I be able to run on max? at 50+ fps?

3610QM i7 2.3 (3.2 turbo)
16GB ram
7970m AMD 2GB VRAM

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (zeq2mapper @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 04:05)

16GB ram
7970m AMD 2GB VRAM

On medium yes, laptops are not good for gaming.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (zeq2mapper @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 01:05)

16GB ram
7970m AMD 2GB VRAM

graphics card will let you down.

like the person said about. laptops not great for max fps gaming. stick to desktops.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

@Silver Wold - So, we can safely say that we'll be playing GTAV by December (on PC's, that is )?

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 10:47)
@Silver Wold - So, we can safely say that we'll be playing GTAV by December (on PC's, that is )?

Safely? Definitely not.

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 07:37)
QUOTE (zeq2mapper @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 01:05)

16GB ram
7970m AMD 2GB VRAM

graphics card will let you down.

like the person said about. laptops not great for max fps gaming. stick to desktops.

No his pc can play the game at highes setting possible.

BrunoLK
  • BrunoLK

Prank caller, prank caller!!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (zeq2mapper @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 02:05)

16GB ram
7970m AMD 2GB VRAM

Assuming the game is ported competently, you will have no issues.
Laptops aren't as reliable as desktops for gaming though.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Just a guy who likes to play games

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well this headed too far guys... It is not even announced for PC. First just wait for announcement then start talking about system requirements. Geez...

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 15:01)
Well this headed too far guys... It is not even announced for PC. First just wait for announcement then start talking about system requirements. Geez...

Well based on the fact that Max Payne 3 and GTA IV is running on the same engine we can make an educated guess, its all just speculation so i don't see why this could be bothering you unless you're another console troll...

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (MWC @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 15:36)

Well based on the fact that Max Payne 3 and GTA IV is running on the same engine we can make an educated guess, its all just speculation so i don't see why this could be bothering you unless you're another console troll...

Make another thread and name it "PC system requirements speculation thread" or something else. This thread has nothing to do with guessing system requirements. It's just retarded. Damn it, there's still 3 months till console's version release and now you are talking about PC requirements. You are pathetic.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 21:51)

Make another thread and name it "PC system requirements speculation thread" or something else. This thread has nothing to do with guessing system requirements. It's just retarded. Damn it, there's still 3 months till console's version release and now you are talking about PC requirements. You are pathetic.

Please leave the thread. Please.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 19:21)

Why create ten threads when you can keep it to one? Simple.

An admin should change this to "Official GTA V PC discussion & news"

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 17:21)

Well thats the thing, its another thing to pull system requirements out of your ass, but when a game is made on the same engine as another game you can pretty much conclude the system requirements with the information you know from the prior game. Just like you can pretty much tell the reqs for Call of Duty Ghosts and Assassins Creed IV without actually knowing them from BOPS 2 and AC 3. And i don't see whats the problem with talking about the PC version of GTA V 3 months before the consoles release, we all know its going to be released on PC sooner or later, its more pathetic to still be convinced that it won't lol

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 07:47)

No, no and no...

This is a discussion, I'm not an insider or got any special information.

I just collect "leaks", "news" and information around the web and I try to add it together in a logical way, trying to figuring out the hints. All I say is what I think that might happen and why, but nothing of this is a fact and might not happen at all. In fact I can be totally wrong or I can be totally right and/or Rockstar decides to do things differently.

It makes sense it goes as I said, If Rockstar changed their strategy and there is a PC version made alongside consoles, but nothing of these are cemented facts.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (MWC @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:38)
QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 17:21)

Well thats the thing, its another thing to pull system requirements out of your ass, but when a game is made on the same engine as another game you can pretty much conclude the system requirements with the information you know from the prior game. Just like you can pretty much tell the reqs for Call of Duty Ghosts and Assassins Creed IV without actually knowing them from BOPS 2 and AC 3. And i don't see whats the problem with talking about the PC version of GTA V 3 months before the consoles release, we all know its going to be released on PC sooner or later, its more pathetic to still be convinced that it won't lol

It is not similar. GTA V will use upgraded RAGE engine which we saw in Max Payne 3, but GTA V is a sandbox games, so this is all different thing. It won't work as good as Max Payne 3 for sure. I am huge Rockstar fan, I own almost every Rockstar game on PC. I am PC gamer, but this is just stupid. By the way, I never said that there won't be a PC version, so I don't know why are you saying that I am thinking that way. It is already obvious, but talking about system requirements is just too damn early. And it really pisses me off when every time new GTA is announced and most of the people starts crying "OH NOES NO PC VERSION PLZ PLZ PLZ ROCKSTAR RELEASE IT PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ OMG PLZ!!!!11!1".
And by the way, don't expect GTA V PC version this year. No way this gonna happen. Expect it 2014 february - may

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

And how do you know it won't happen this year? Are you Dan or Sam or Leslie? If no. don't be so sure.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 12:24)
And how do you know it won't happen this year? Are you Dan or Sam or Leslie? If no. don't be so sure.

I am using my brains dude. Every PC version of GTA got released after 6-8 months. Explain me, why this should be different?

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 17:39)

This.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by + Dragonjack +, 15 June 2013 - 02:42 PM.

There is still no word on a PC announcement at all, keep on hoping I guess. Come on Rockstar! Take your time. smile.gif

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 14:26)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 17:39)

This.

That would mean they might have to moderate it and remove the boring trolls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users