Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by Andreas, 22 December 2013 - 03:59 PM.

You mean we won't get PC release till they sort it out or come up with a solution to all the online issues???
Hell no :(

I'm not sure if it would push back the PC version, however, it can push back the announcement at least. It would be more than logical to sort out all the issues present in GTA Online before they even consider to announce the game for another platform. On the other hand, there will always be problems in the multiplayer given its scale, so maybe they wait until they have ironed out as many issues as possible.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

I find it hilarious though that even Console players have turned against Rockstar, when Rockstar wanted to do that whole sell Virtual money crap in GTAOnline, everyone hated it, and some people here even blamed console gamers "because they'll give in to that", haha, nope, play GTAOnline now and you'll soon bump into a money server where people are just giving each other multiple billions.

That reminds me of the very first night I played Arma 3 with a friend.

We joined a Life server, and every time someone sent someone else money, eveyone in the server got that same amount too. Within minutes someone donated everyone $250,000, then someone else gifted even more, and next thing you know, everyone has nearly 1 billion and are flying helicopters everywhere. It was great. But no, not console users. They go to Rockstar Support and ask them to remove the money from their account so they don't get banned xD

Yeah I don't get those guys either, they don't want to be seen as cheaters or hackers, but in theory, they're not the ones doing the hack/cheat, it's someone else, and that someone else then benefitting other people in the server. Either way, I doubt Rockstar will be selling money cards anytime soon, notice how this was only done on GTAV, no one bothered with it on GTA IV because Rockstar didn't want to rob them.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by zerofreeze, 22 December 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Not sure though about a PC version coming any time soon, not after the Next Gen version brings in more money that is.

I hope I'm wrong though, but knowing Rockstar longer than today this also might be the deal.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

25 December is the day. MARK MY WORDS!

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Not sure though about a PC version coming any time soon, not after the Next Gen version brings in more money that is.

I hope I'm wrong though, but knowing Rockstar longer than today this also might be the deal.

Next gen version? I highly doubt It's coming at all. It would sell like 20k copies at max, there's no point porting it.

DzOniZz
  • DzOniZz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

So I had my hands on GTA V PS3 version, played a bit of free roam, I don't get why people are sh*tting all over the game, it's really fun, although playing it on console was a bit frustrating, but the game world is really big, there are places to see and things to do, but it doesn't feel very alive, some chunks of it seems to be cut from IV, and the graphics sucks ass on PS3, it looks like GTA IV looked on my old pc with medium settings, you can see the edges of textures and there is clearly a big lack of fps'es. Despite all of that, i liked the game, and seeing that lack of performance on current gen, i think it's mandatory to be be released on next gen, with better optimisation and graphics, and then on the PC, with even more enhanced graphics.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by Xerukal, 22 December 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Highly unlikely anyone will care to replay GTA V on next-gen. Most people that upgraded from current-gen most likely just played the game on their 360/PS3, instead of holding out. Judging by the sales, anyway. 

The next-gen consoles are a bit starved for new games aside from the launch titles, from what I am to understand. So GTA V probably won't be nothing new if they decide to release it in a few months. In those few months, more relevant games would probably already be on the Xbone and PS4. 

As I mentioned, the want and desire for the PC version of the game is at an all-time high. Every time I search GTA V I get at least two PC articles. And every new GTA video or post from Rockstar always has; "WHEN IS PC VERSION" in the comments. 

I think the PC is where the game will thrive (Captain Obvious). Not just the singleplayer, but Online as well. GTA Online could have an outstanding future on PC due to a (sh*tty) game like APB existing. I know people that are DYING to leave that game behind for something similar to it. And GTA Online is the PERFECT "new home" for them. 

Aside from some potential aimbotters/cheaters, the Online community would be MUCH better on PC. Not to mention that the entire gameplay experience would be (mostly) skill-based without the stupid auto-aim. 

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by seventonblade, 22 December 2013 - 05:49 PM.

As if anyone at Rockstar or anywhere else that's not for public services will be working on Christmas day...

Highly unlikely anyone will care to replay GTA V on next-gen. Most people that upgraded from current-gen most likely just played the game on their 360/PS3, instead of holding out. Judging by the sales, anyway. 

The next-gen consoles are a bit starved for new games aside from the launch titles, from what I am to understand. So GTA V probably won't be nothing new if they decide to release it in a few months. In those few months, more relevant games would probably already be on the Xbone and PS4. 

As I mentioned, the want and desire for the PC version of the game is at an all-time high. Every time I search GTA V I get at least two PC articles. And every new GTA video or post from Rockstar always has; "WHEN IS PC VERSION" in the comments. 

I think the PC is where the game will thrive (Captain Obvious). Not just the singleplayer, but Online as well. GTA Online could have an outstanding future on PC due to a (sh*tty) game like APB existing. I know people that are DYING to leave that game behind for something similar to it. And GTA Online is the PERFECT "new home" for them. 

Aside from some potential aimbotters/cheaters, the Online community would be MUCH better on PC. Not to mention that the entire gameplay experience would be (mostly) skill-based without the stupid auto-aim. 

Don't forget there are some people who are choosing to wait out current-gen GTA V for GTA V on next-gen consoles.  They haven't bought the game yet either.

Another thing that factors into this is how it seems to me like console gamers are the type of who quickly get bored of one game and then sell it, and they seem to lose interest more easily post-hype, especially when another hyped-about game arrives and all their friends move onto that game, and so on.  Apparently PC gamers, on the other hand, are more of the type who like to collect and return to their games, as telling by how successful Steam is despite its no-refund policy.  That and mods are why the PC version will "immortalize" the game so-to-speak, and so Rockstar's long-term profits for GTA V lie with the PC version.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

I really don't know why people think a NG version is in the works, it just won't happen.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Multiplayer Christmas events LOL.

• Big Danny K likes this

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

3 months ago we were all excited, now GTA V has become old.

• Big Danny K likes this

TBone1977
  • TBone1977

jokerpro69 pixelhunter97

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

^Havent played V yet.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

V is old news.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

V is old news.

How so? It's not old news for me, because, well, I haven't played the game at all. Not even once. I don't have a console and I wait for the PC version.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

I really don't know why people think a NG version is in the works, it just won't happen.

Any codes mentioning Orbis are just going in vain then.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Can't wait for the PC version so I can dump the power lacking console version.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

The truth has been found.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by BlackScout, 22 December 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Any codes mentioning Orbis are just going in vain then.

Lazlow from R* said in a interview "We haven't announced anything yet, but I hope it gets released..."
And I think they can release it to FIVE platforms....

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

gta-v-source-code.png

Hm....
  • Startug and rokker_22 like this

HaciSerkanOsman
  • HaciSerkanOsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

march announcmnt june release

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

V is old news.

How so? It's not old news for me, because, well, I haven't played the game at all. Not even once. I don't have a console and I wait for the PC version.

Neither did I, game is now meh, got over it, they lost 50 or so €.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V for the PC - 27.01.2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

3 months ago we were all excited, now GTA V has become old.

The perfect time to announce a PC version...

Times are changing, but Rockstar's marketing tactics stay the same...

• vahnx and BlackScout like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by BlackScout, 22 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Hmmm, Christmas is a good time to announce.
BTW, Max Payne 3 is with 80% of Discount on Steam, ending 24 December.
http://store.steampo...com/app/204100/
I don't expect anything coming but there's a small chance.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hmmm, Christmas is a good time to announce.
BTW, Max Payne 3 is with 80% of Discount on Steam, ending 24 December.
http://store.steampo...com/app/204100/
I don't expect anything coming but there's a small chance.

And it seems to be the second Top seller, behind DayZ. 

Still waiting, Rockstar. 

• BlackScout likes this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 22 December 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Wonder if Rockstar will post anything on the newswire next week, does anyone remember last year? Do they post news in holidays?

EDIT: It seems like they did post a lot of stuff last year so nope, the hope is not dead yet :)

http://www.rockstarg...ewswire/page/22

Look at the surprise:

http://www.rockstarg...days-enjoy.html

PC announcement CAN STILL HAPPEN THIS YEAR PEOPLE!

popupED
  • popupED

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by popupED, 22 December 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Interesting ...

EDIT:

For those non-germans, announcement 24.12, release 12/14.3.

1523394_10151840283064856_1249658398_o.j

sly1286
  • sly1286

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

^ Lol Fatima confirmed it :D

So much Fake

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by BlackScout, 22 December 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Wonder if Rockstar will post anything on the newswire next week, does anyone remember last year? Do they post news in holidays?

EDIT: It seems like they did post a lot of stuff last year so nope, the hope is not dead yet :)

Look at the surprise:

gtav_shot005122412_1280.jpgToo beautiful lighting...
Looks like DX11
Vote for a possible announcement : ) >>>>> http://poll.pollcode.com/3871526

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 22 December 2013 - 10:10 PM.

LOL. It's coming to NG, guys. This should be clear as day to anyone closely paying attention. GTA V is a cross-gen title in much the same way that many of the current and future games will be: Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV, TitanFall, Destiny, COD Ghosts, MGSV: Phantom Pain, Dyling Light, Theif, Tomb Raider reboot, Wolfenstein the New Order, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare...and the list goes on and on.There is nothing odd or surprising about R* releasing GTA V on the new consoles. Everybody in the industry is doing it. It's business and there is money to be made. Cross-gen development will continue for at least another two, maybe three more years, as there is still plenty of incentive for companies to do so. 

The PS4/Xbone have had the most successfully console launches in history, and the player base is estimated to grow exponentially by the time the end of the first quarter of 2014 comes around. Along with many graphical & gameplay enhancements, the NG version will most probably feature several new story and online additions which will distinguish it from the game released in September, it won't just be fancy graphics.  Factor in the possibility of them allowing transfer of player stats, and it'll sell incredibly well. It's Grand Theft Auto for f*cks sake, it will sell well regardless of what platform it's on. 

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Look at the surprise:

gtav_shot005122412_1280.jpgToo beautiful lighting...
Looks like DX11
Vote for a possible announcement : ) >>>>> http://poll.pollcode.com/3871526

The real story behind that screenshot.

537547_10151281666822347_920919658_n.png

• Demon340, BlackScout and Albert Kike like this

sly1286
  • sly1286

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by sly1286, 22 December 2013 - 10:19 PM.

It Looks like dx11 Lightning Thats True ..
But console Version of V so have Really Nice Lightning as well so im Not very Sure if its a pc Shot .. But i would say yes
  • BlackScout likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users