PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:00 AM Edited by Xerukal, 18 December 2013 - 07:00 AM.

So what hint made you think a PC version would be announced yesterday, 17 September?

1. Sudden sale of a GTA IV + San Andreas bundle named "Marketing app" in the Steam database.

2. 3 months since the game's release on consoles, yes. 

4. It would've been part of one of Rockstar's patterns.

5. It was also a Tuesday. Things happen on Tuesdays for a lot of developers. 

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

http://www.rockstarg...g-tomorrow.html

HAHAHAH R* trolling us

they have no shame ha?

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

This week!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:50 AM Edited by BlackScout, 18 December 2013 - 07:51 AM.

No, they haven't. Rockstar is being fukking ridiculous now.

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

I have just one thing to say,

Rockstar is by far the worst game developer in the world and in the whole history of gaming when it comes to the PC platform.

and they should be ashamed of themselves.

just take a look at other game dev studios...and their treatment to their PC fans.

R* PC treat : 0 (still 0 nada!) 

other game dev studios PC treat : 1+ (before their game even got released!)

• Platinum2 likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

HAHAHAH R* trolling us

they have no shame ha?

Look at all the comments bitching about "modders"

lmao. It's hilarious and ironic.

Laugh at them. point and laugh!

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

The sad thing is that I'm convinced that the NG versions have something to do with this.

No.

Technically (I don't know why people keep forgetting this)the PS4 has Gaikai which can run PS1/PS2/PS3 games, as a result it can run GTA V. So it means only one NG console is left out and that is the XB 1 but of course Rockstar have (in my memory) NEVER created a separate NG version if their game release at the end of a console's 'primary' lifecycle. A prime example being GTA San Andreas which was released on the 360 via the Marketplace. Rockstar will obviously do the same XB 1 and considering the amount of sales they made with the game without a PC version itself and the Xbox One's below par sales (1 million all over the world compared to the PS4's 1 million in North America alone) I really doubt if there is a NG version in the works.

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

The sad thing is that I'm convinced that the NG versions have something to do with this.

No.

Technically (I don't know why people keep forgetting this)the PS4 has Gaikai which can run PS1/PS2/PS3 games, as a result it can run GTA V. So it means only one NG console is left out and that is the XB 1 but of course Rockstar have (in my memory) NEVER created a separate NG version if their game release at the end of a console's 'primary' lifecycle. A prime example being GTA San Andreas which was released on the 360 via the Marketplace. Rockstar will obviously do the same XB 1 and considering the amount of sales they made with the game without a PC version itself and the Xbox One's below par sales (1 million all over the world compared to the PS4's 1 million in North America alone) I really doubt if there is a NG version in the works.

The thing is, it would be no great effort from them to bring the PC version to the next gen consoles, and seeing as this new generation is growing an install base much faster than any of the last gens, I think they might have decided to put the extra effort in.

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Guess what? In half and hour I'll be playing Just Cause 2 Multiplayer! See ya in hell Cockastar*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtaismyman
  • gtaismyman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:30 AM Edited by gtaismyman, 18 December 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Boys you guys are so f*cking impatient. Can't you all just wait,there is other games you can play beside just waiting for GTA V to be released on PC. I'm sure Rockstar will released it next year somewhere march - may. Don't expect anything this months. And those who hate Rockstar just because they don't port a single game on the PC is just plain stupid,i bet you guys will praised Rockstar once the PC version released and all those hate is just nonsense crap. Don't understand PC fanboy sometimes.

• TaviColen123 likes this

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Boys you guys are so f*cking impatient. Can't you all just wait,there is other games you can play beside just waiting for GTA V to be released on PC. I'm sure Rockstar will released it next year somewhere march - may. Don't expect anything this months.

Oh I know there are other games. That's exactly what I'm gonna do now. I'll just have fun with other games, until I can pirate GTA V. Yeah, I'll do it. Every game is announced for PC but GTA V. Have fun with it R*, I'll have fun with my money and other games!

gtaismyman
  • gtaismyman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Boys you guys are so f*cking impatient. Can't you all just wait,there is other games you can play beside just waiting for GTA V to be released on PC. I'm sure Rockstar will released it next year somewhere march - may. Don't expect anything this months.

Oh I know there are other games. That's exactly what I'm gonna do now. I'll just have fun with other games, until I can pirate GTA V. Yeah, I'll do it. Every game is announced for PC but GTA V. Have fun with it R*, I'll have fun with my money and other games!

And that why game developer reluctant to port their game to PC because of this piracy. Also every game ? Does that include The Last Of Us,Uncharted and other exclusive console games trolololo

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:53 AM Edited by DlZZEE, 18 December 2013 - 09:53 AM.

Boys you guys are so f*cking impatient. Can't you all just wait,there is other games you can play beside just waiting for GTA V to be released on PC. I'm sure Rockstar will released it next year somewhere march - may. Don't expect anything this months. And those who hate Rockstar just because they don't port a single game on the PC is just plain stupid,i bet you guys will praised Rockstar once the PC version released and all those hate is just nonsense crap. Don't understand PC fanboy sometimes.

"you are so f*cking impatient"
That's a very unreasonable statement. Imagine if GTAV was WiiU exclusive, people would start boycotting Rockstar immediately after announcement. Don't say bullsh*t to us, PC gamers just because you got a hold of the game already.
  • Murray Bunyan likes this

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:55 AM Edited by Dankov, 18 December 2013 - 09:56 AM.

And that why game developer reluctant to port their game to PC because of this piracy. Also every game ? Does that include The Last Of Us,Uncharted and other exclusive console games trolololo

You think only PC users pirate? Do you have any idea how many torrents are on the web for xbox360 and ps3? Do you even know that if I buy xbox360 today, I can play every single game that's out for it on pirated version? Don't give me that crap of pirating, cause I know a website where the pirated games for PS3 and 360 are almost twice more than the ones for PC. And as I said, if i buy 360 or PS3 I can play every game that's out for those consoles without paying a dime. I won't even mind that I'd be playing only single player. Consoles users pirate too. Don't make the pirating all about PC users, cause it's not.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:06 AM Edited by AceKingston, 18 December 2013 - 10:07 AM.

'Too impatient' I'd like to see you try and wait for every single game on the market to come to PC after the console version is released. This is why Steam is like a life saver for us, If it wasn't for Steam, PC gaming would have probably died out long before now and I have no hesitancy in saying that. This is also why Half-Life 2 is considered such a revolutionary game, not only because it was good but because it paved way for the launch of Steam. Remember HL-2 released when the PS2 was dominating gaming and PC gaming which was the king back in the 90's was slowly declining and also because MS started their own console.

• DlZZEE and TovarishTony like this

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

and now PC gaming is rising again thanks to steam and technology for PC is getting better and better while the consoles also suffer from piracy.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Id07lUT.jpg

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

PC v/s CONSOLE

yURFLWy.gif

I don't get it... :-(

• PreciousWall, Tashan, BlackScout and 1 other like this

gtaismyman
  • gtaismyman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:31 AM Edited by gtaismyman, 18 December 2013 - 10:32 AM.

Oh wait i forgot. I shouldn't have wasted my time posting here cause i know that PC fanboy are going to give bullsh*t reason one way or another and they will never give up without endless of fight. To those who say console also have pirate,it true but not as many as the PC version. Just look at this comparision : http://torrentfreak....of-2011-111230/. Also i am not talking anything about steam so i don't understand why some of you have to bring steam up to this discussion. Also tell me do any PC game nowaday sell this much : http://www.vgchartz....s=0&results=200 ( i am talking about retail version not the digital one so don't bring steam to this discussion )

The only highest selling game i know is the Sims but that is when gaming piracy didn't exist if i am not mistaken.

Also i am not going to reply anymore cause you guys will bring more bullcrap reasons.

PC v/s CONSOLE

yURFLWy.gif

It happened all the times so get used to it brotha

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

PC v/s CONSOLE

yURFLWy.gif

That's xbone vs ps3 vs wii.
  • PreciousWall and tadejpetric like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

Oh wait i forgot. I shouldn't have wasted my time posting here cause i know that PC fanboy are going to give bullsh*t reason one way or another and they will never give up without endless of fight. To those who say console also have pirate,it true but not as many as the PC version. Just look at this comparision : http://torrentfreak....of-2011-111230/. Also i am not talking anything about steam so i don't understand why some of you have to bring steam up to this discussion. Also tell me do any PC game nowaday sell this much : http://www.vgchartz....s=0&results=200

The only highest selling game i know is the Sims but that is when gaming piracy didn't exist if i am not mistaken.

What are you trying to accomplish here if all you're going to do is call us PC fanboys and compare retail sales of PC games to consoles games?

The moment you brought up a chart from 2011 and VGchartz, you lost all credibility in your already useless, offtopic post.

• tadejpetric likes this

gtaismyman
  • gtaismyman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Oh wait i forgot. I shouldn't have wasted my time posting here cause i know that PC fanboy are going to give bullsh*t reason one way or another and they will never give up without endless of fight. To those who say console also have pirate,it true but not as many as the PC version. Just look at this comparision : http://torrentfreak....of-2011-111230/. Also i am not talking anything about steam so i don't understand why some of you have to bring steam up to this discussion. Also tell me do any PC game nowaday sell this much : http://www.vgchartz....s=0&results=200

What are you trying to accomplish here if all you're going to do is call us PC fanboys and compare retail sales of PC games to consoles games?

The moment you brought up a chart from 2011 and VGchartz, you lost all credibility in your already useless, offtopic post.

It an example * sigh * whatever post anything you like it doesn't matter anymore. 

Brainsick
  • Brainsick

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

He's right though, digital copies are the primary sources of pc gaming sales nowadays.

• tadejpetric likes this

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

The future is pc gaming and digital downloads/sales.We PC gamers are 'smart' gamers. Why pay 50 or even 70 euro for ONE next gen game?? Also digital downloads are much cheaper for publisher and you have no problem with things like games out of stock. I only bought hl2 gta san andreas and gta iv for full price. Otherwise most i pay is 25 euro. That way i have money to upgrade my PC, and nothing is more awesome than building your own PC. Yeah sure i also owned x360 and ps3 and liked playing halo and heavy rain and RDR but eventually i always get back tonmy PC. I mean i can play gamecube games and WII games on my pc with higher resolution. You gotta love the power and freedom you get of the PC. I am not saying pc master race but feel great when see people pay 400-500 euro for console and not beifn able to play games from older generations. Pc has no generations it evolves and thats the greatest thing.
  • Osho likes this

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

For example i can still play skyrim, la noire, mafia 2 etc on my pc and next gen with better graphics but now people with next gen have to constantly switch between consoles, pc just an all in one system and also pc gaming is niche market and console gaming is mainstream so its obvious they sell more games but i think with steam machine, pc gaming will get the respect it deserves. And if game Publishers respect pc gaming and work together with pc gaming community and modders then we could get even more awesome games. Just look at development of Star Citizen
  • Osho likes this

Bonaldo
  • Bonaldo

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

Really? Possible announcement on Thursday as Bully 75% discount is over that day. Otherwise, I cant see an announcement this year at all...

And Its not really gonna happen neither today or tommorrow so...

EDIT: Wait, what the f*ck is this?

https://twitter.com/...068045133692930

That offer also ends on 19/12. And its DISCOUNT 75% ON ALL GTA GAMES?

This can ONLY mean...

You know its coming...

You feel it...

Its...

ITS...

IT REALLY IS...

138394369177.gif

ITS HAPPENING!!!

Hmm, that's really, really suspicious.

And why only PC GTA games got discount?

I think it MIGHT be HAPPENING but we'll see tomorrow

It might also be only because of Christmas, they use the occasion to earn some addititional cash, but I HOPE it's because they are going to announce GTA V PC soon

• PlasmaFLOW likes this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Nah, they just want people to buy all the remaining CD keys of GTAIV since GFWL is shutting down in 2014. Nobody will buy it after that since Multiplayer will stop working I guess.
  • Blanc likes this

Blanc
  • Blanc

hai

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

fallout 1 + 2 + tactics were for free some days ago on gog.com. If someone wants it text me. (I have 2 more packs to send)

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

^ That's gonna be Thursday. Man, I hate that day. I always end up having a bad day on Thursday.

Me too haha, but it used to be good.

HAHAHAH R* trolling us

Yeah, ffs, when i saw this, i just went crazy.

Those sales seem to be some kind of "marketing tactic", they want to build up some hype for GTA titles on both Amazon and Steam it seems.

Yeah.
Ok, Rockstar, you've done it, you've sucessfully trolled all PC Gamers, with those discounts and with that silence about PC Version, Congratulations, the objective is done, NOW WHY U NO ANNOUNCE IT?
actual_1386962721.jpg
Look at this^^ THERE IS ANISOTROPIC FILTERING, textures are too much sharp at distance...

Look at how edgy the plane is. However very nice detail in the distance.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Can you die from laughter? yes, if all this time Rockstar *also* used some PC screenshots hidden behind a disguise of promoting console box cover(s) and  ..... well I won't dare to say any thing further!

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

It's happening!!!!10000000

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users