• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

They've been using PC/NG for promotional screens?

Motherf... wait thats nothing new :lol: is it?

DeadZed
  • DeadZed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

I think it will be announced in January 2014 and will be released between March and May.

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by seventonblade, 18 December 2013 - 12:32 AM.

THAAANKS ROCKY, put all GTA's for PC with discount in Amazon.com, but when it comes the time to announce the goddamned PC GTA V, NOTHING.
I hope when those discounts ends, we get something...
Biggest trolling ever...

R* knows how to taunt and troll us, those f*cking demons.

It is their stupid habit whenever something is gonna happen really good, they come up with some lazy bullsh*t like GTA Online.

FFS look at what GTA has become! It has no more the old meaning and feeling anymore.

You have an enduring hate resentment on R*, LOL.

@Rashka: Look under the plane to the right(the blue one) correct me if I'm wrong, but is that AO I'm looking at?

Lol thanks. But it is sickening how much we have to wait and how long we have to endure this.

All R* does is nothing but bragging sh*t about how awesome GTA Online. F*ck that sh*t, they just shove it in our faces.

Not to mention I care a hell of a lot more about the singleplayer, and they've been keeping some pretty nice features exclusive to Online at the expense of my resentment, though I'll still be a sucker for any of their content pack announcements if they affect singleplayer or both, such as if and when they announce new weapons or vehicles (For instance, the game better have a flamethrower, a long bladed melee, an APC, and some amphibious air vehicles [i.e. HD era adaptions of the Skimmer and the Sea Sparrow from the PS2 era GTAs] before they're finished with it, but that's just what I want), expansions, or other miscellaneous things I can have fun with (plus some d*mned interiors).  After all, they'll probably all be universal features not exclusive to any platforms.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hum this last online update wasn't expected, it came out of nowhere and taking into account their statement online news were only expected to 2014.

Also all these suddenly PC sales are suspicious, why would they try to sell their old games, release so many years ago and expecting people to still buy them? And in fact they do? Why they don't do the same for consoles? They could sell some "platinum" versions with discounts ... guess that no one would actually bother, so yeah another fact that shows the PC isn't profitable... bite your tongue next time you say such BS.

I would re-buy some of those old games since I sold mine long time ago, I wouldnt play them but would have them for collection if Rockstar had the decency to at least tell PC gamers something, instead of dumping tons of merchandise expecting idiots to buy them just because it is related to GTA. What's next a new SmartPhone called iFruit? Clothes from the in-game brands? Maybe an F9 sold in the back of AUDI stands... Wallmart... sorry Rockstar will dry all they can with this BS for long, long time I'm afraid.

But there is one thing, if Rockstar doesn't announce the game this month it will break their "sacred" pattern, the one they've been using since ever, and make the oposite of the "closing the gap" BS talk. The sad thing is that I'm convinced that the NG versions have something to do with this.

• TovarishTony, DymeDef and BlackScout like this

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by PlasmaFLOW, 18 December 2013 - 01:36 AM.

[...]"The sad thing is that I'm convinced that the NG versions have something to do with this."

Of course they do... I think if it wasn't for Next-Gen this time it would have been different and we would've gotten PC version along with consoles for once and for all. Buuuut Rockstar had to say NOPE. :cry:

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by rokker_22, 18 December 2013 - 01:39 AM.

actual_1386616689.jpg

These screens are definetly not from CG versions. Just look at this FOV in this pic and everything is settled. I can bet CG versions FOV is WAY, WAAY smaller than this. 

look at the ground textures in the other screens...low res as sh*t mate....those are most definitely from the console version....theyre compressed & far too small to analyze properly...but the textures are a dead give away.....the fact that the pc version supports x64 assures that the pc version is using much larger hd textures

the pc version will look a lot better than the current console versions. expect a difference as drastic as some of the current cross gen games.

for example asscreed 4 pc/nextgen vs ps3/360

bf4 pc/nextgen vs ps3/360

watch dogs pc/nextgen vs ps3/360 

huge difference between pc/next gen versions of those games compared to the current gen version...

the same will be the case with gta v pc/nextgen & current versions

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:40 AM Edited by BlackScout, 18 December 2013 - 01:53 AM.

These screens are definetly not from CG versions. Just look at this FOV in this pic and everything is settled. I can bet CG versions FOV is WAY, WAAY smaller than this. 

look at the ground textures in the other screens...low res as sh*t mate....those are most definitely from the console version....theyre compressed & far too small to analyze properly...but the textures are a dead give away.....the fact that the pc version supports x64 assures that the pc version is using much larger hd textures

the pc version will look a lot better than the current console versions. expect a difference as drastic as some of the current cross gen games.

for example asscreed 4 pc/nextgen vs ps3/360

bf4 pc/nextgen vs ps3/360

watch dogs pc/nextgen vs ps3/360 

huge difference between pc/next gen versions of those games compared to the current gen version...

the same will be the case with gta v pc/nextgen & current versions

The difference between ps3, x360 versions and Next-Gen from Watch Dogs is incredible.

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by xreppiz, 18 December 2013 - 02:14 AM.

if you guys look at the latest T2's Fiscal report,

there is no plan for announce or release date of GTAV PC version until the end of this year.

Announcement & Release Date GTA5 for PC, probably will be in 2014 lol. :barf:

but dun worry guys!, GTA5 PC will be the best GTA5 version. mark my word. In 2014 our day will be come true :evilgrin:

DX11+max setting+4K resolution+etc. :beerhat:

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

the sad thing is that I'm convinced that the NG versions have something to do with this.

yep mate...thats a given. im 100% convinced of this. one would have to be both ludicrous & incredibly naive to think rock* would limit their most ambitious game to date to run only on 7/8 year stone aged consoles & miss out on the prospect of generating millions more & further expanding the game...of course not...theyre a smart company & a very very greedy one as well...

as for whats going on currently....we have all the reason to believe that nextgen has everything to do with it...i highly suspect the porting process to nextgen is underway as we speak...remember the "orbis" placeholder in the developer code from august? the cv listing that was quickly pulled stating theyre "currently working on the next version a famous ip"?,,,,the recent code line of "PC/NG Only" in the visual.dat files? yep...those are strong indicators....

rock* never claimed they wouldnt bring gta v to nextgen...the ones perpetuating that myth were a few ignorant 'journalists' & others who lack basic reading comprehension....as for lesie benz saying in the last quarterly earnings call that "we havent even discussed nextgen yet"..?.......100% horsesh*t. of course they have & not only discussed it...but have taken action already...thats typical PR poppycock when a company wants to keep their plans under wraps

anyway enough of my ranting mate....pc/ng will be announced & released together...not separately...you can bet on that

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by rokker_22, 18 December 2013 - 02:24 AM.

if you guys look at the latest T2's Fiscal report,

there is no plan for announce or release date of GTAV PC version.

Announcement & Release Date GTA5 for PC, will be in 2014 lol. :barf:

read my above post....aside from the actual finacial earnings reports & certain future project details...most of it is PR nonsense. gta v is still their one of their main current on-going projects mate....of course they didnt want to reveal details about what they have planned right before the holidays...a pc/ng announcement then would have stunted their sales on current consoles significantly come december..but anytime directly after that is open season

announcement & lots of details of both pc/ng is coming soon...they even hinted at it in an announcement last week...even placing emphasis in bold on the last bit "much more to be announced

"Coming in 2014

Expect big things in both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V next year including:

GTA Online Heists. We know many of you in the GTA Online community are super excited for the debut of co-operative Heists. Heists are currently in development and we are working very hard to get them as polished and s fun as they can be. Stay tuned for much more detail in the New Year.

GTAV Story Mode Updates"

Plus much more still to be announced. 

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

If R* has spent their 5 years working on GTAV only for old gen consoles and not coming to PC, then they are

the most biggest morons ever exists in the history. Gimme a break, developing a game for old consoles that's on the verge of the death

and still keeping their lips as tight as butthole?

Releasing the game for PC after 8 months is plain retarded, it's beyond retarded. I have much better things to do than wasting

money on such a lame game that's most focused on online. F*ck you, R*, eat a d**k.

Only R* with their sh*tty 8 months gaps and full of lying scumbags.

• Street Mix likes this

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

If R* has spent their 5 years working on GTAV only for old gen consoles and not coming to PC, then they are

the most biggest morons ever exists in the history. Gimme a break, developing a game for old consoles that's on the verge of the death

Releasing the game for PC after 8 months is plain retarded, it's beyond retarded. I have much better things to do than wasting

money on such a lame game that's most focused on online. F*ck you, R*, eat a d**k.

lols......this is hilarious mate :p

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

at least they didn't release gta v for ps2 and xbox 360 only

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

Um, have you been smoking whole lot of pot?

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

hahaha PS2

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:55 AM Edited by Osho, 18 December 2013 - 02:56 AM.

announcement & lots of details of both pc/ng is coming soon...they even hinted at it in an announcement last week...even placing emphasis in bold on the last bit "much more to be announced

"Coming in 2014

Expect big things in both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V next year including:

GTA Online Heists. We know many of you in the GTA Online community are super excited for the debut of co-operative Heists. Heists are currently in development and we are working very hard to get them as polished and s fun as they can be. Stay tuned for much more detail in the New Year.

GTAV Story Mode Updates"

THIS.
Announcement won't happen before March 14.
May be we should shift our focus to something else.
  • Startug likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by Osho, 18 December 2013 - 03:07 AM.

It will only release after (or with) Watch Dogs date is confirmed.
.. Poor Ubisoft is more anxious to know what's Rockstar cooking!

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

lols......this is hilarious mate :p

The best solution for you would be to buy a console
Two months before GTA V came out I bought PS3 just to play GTA V
do it if you have enough money to do that
I never had pressure to buy GTA before it released to PC, but with GTA V
I just could not wait
  • jatiger13 likes this

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:11 AM Edited by rokker_22, 18 December 2013 - 03:16 AM.

"Coming in 2014

GTAV Story Mode Updates"

THIS.
Announcement won't happen before March 14.
May be we should shift our focus to something else.

lol  ...no mate ....thats not what i meant to  say...& the actual announcement  itself will come looooong before march...youre delusional if you think theyll take that long for just an anouncement....march is when theyll release it.....annoncement comes either at the end of this month or january but definitely no later than january   

edit: as for watch dogs....its coming in quarter  TWO...again mate youre delusional if you think theyll take  that long just to announceme it

• BlackScout likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

@rokker_22
We shall see. I am not letting my hopes high.
You too still can get in shock if they made this year.

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:20 AM Edited by seventonblade, 18 December 2013 - 03:23 AM.

They're not so stupid if you think in terms of profits; the cross-gen initiative, for instance, you'd find is surprisingly worth the seemingly enormous cost of porting the game just two more times (I think the figure is around an estimated 10 million USD per console ported to; somebody correct me on that).  Why else would there be a bunch of other developers (including the ones rokker mentioned) doing the exact same thing right on the 7th-gen's death bed?  For one, the rate of accommodation for the next-gen consoles have been slow and steady at best.  In fact, I saw a poll over on the Watch Dogs wiki ( http://watchdogs.wik.../WatchDogs_Wiki ; it's the one at the bottom) which asked "which platform will you be buying the game for?"  Not surprisingly, PC is the top choice at about 38% of all the votes, but that's not what matters.  What matters is that since Watch Dogs is also supposedly coming out for the current-gen X360 and PS3 the same time it comes out for the next-gen X1, PS4, and PC, I found it surprising that the votes for X360 and PS3 combined still composed about 28% of the whole poll, which is still even more than the individual votes for X1 and PS4.  Hell, even combined, the votes for X1 and PS4 are only about 31%, or 3% more than the combined votes for X360 and PS3.  What this means is that even by next year, passed Christmas and all that, many people will still be actively buying for their current-gen consoles with few plans to upgrade until a possibly much later date.  Obviously the transition is not going to be instant, so even though the 8th-gen may be out now, that doesn't mean the 7th-gen is completely out of the way yet.

• GTA-Bobski likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

NO. Watch Dogs on consoles but for PC most likely not confirmed. In fact, afaik they have not specified platform release dates in that quarter.

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:30 AM Edited by seventonblade, 18 December 2013 - 03:36 AM.

NO. Watch Dogs on consoles but for PC most likely not confirmed. In fact, afaik they have not specified platform release dates in that quarter.

Still, that just makes most people inclined out of uncertainty to believe that it will all come out on the same day.  If we don't know the actual release dates, then it's probably too early to make assumptions that, for instance, one release will come before another.  After all, it's still all going to be in 2014, so the point pretty much still goes; the 7th generation isn't dead yet, and it won't be for a while.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

Still, that just makes most people inclined to temporarily believe that it will all come out on the same day.  If we don't know the actual release dates, then it's probably too early to make assumptions that, for instance, one release will come before the other.  After all, it's still all going to be in 2014, so the point pretty much still goes; the 7th generation isn't dead yet.
yay *takes another sip of hot creamy tasty coffee* ..right friend
2014 has so many great titles. It's going to be a blast .. lol
There you go! My New year resolution is announced and confirmed :-)

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

I wish. It would make this thread... mmm... maybe have some kind of a good vibe to it.

But yeah, if they released GTA V on PS2 (the final PS2 game came out in Europe this year - Fifa 14) only, that would be a worse bitch move. Graphics would lag like hell. Well, that is if you actually got the game itself to load first.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 18 December 2013 - 04:21 AM.

But there is one thing, if Rockstar doesn't announce the game this month it will break their "sacred" pattern, the one they've been using since ever, and make the oposite of the "closing the gap" BS talk.

They've broken with more than a few "sacred" practices at this point. Japanese release full year earlier than in past, developing PC independently and not porting it from consoles, etc..

Those are just a couple that come to mind. 

@rokker_22

Well, are you aware that rokker has stated he knows an industry insider and this is where he's basing his claims from? Someone who he knows associates with R* employees has given him hints that it's releasing in "late March". I see no reason to doubt him about that. 

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

@rokker_22

Well, are you aware that rokker has stated that he knows an industry insider and this is where he's basing his claims from? Someone who he knows that associates with R* employees has given him hints that it's releasing in "late March". I see no reason to doubt him about that.
I am obviously not aware. Even if he did mention in previous page(s) .. I just don't know. Simple.
And, who's doubting him? I said d ok we will see. Good that he has such good sources and letting us all know as well.
So, .. well then ..great! ..
I need to worry about my job for now, coffee time is over ..:-)

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

@rokker_22

Well, are you aware that rokker has stated that he knows an industry insider and this is where he's basing his claims from? Someone who he knows that associates with R* employees has given him hints that it's releasing in "late March". I see no reason to doubt him about that.
I am obviously not aware. Even if he did mention in previous page(s) .. I just don't know. Simple.
And, who's doubting him? I said d ok we will see. Good that he has such good sources and letting us all know as well.
So, .. well then ..great! ..
I need to worry about my job for now, coffee time is over ..:-)

Wasn't talking about you specifically, just generally to everyone who may have doubts.

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:52 AM Edited by TovarishTony, 18 December 2013 - 06:00 AM.

f*ck your cultish methods Cockstar just cut the bullsh*t and announce if there will be a PC Version or not instead of this long silence and makes PC gamers like me wish we discovered and activated D6 in Moscow to fire missiles at their HQ!!!! If theres still no announcement on the PC Version regardless if there will be one or not then you will be branded as TRAITORS OF THE MOTHERLAND with charges of HIGH TREASON In PC gaming!!

• Albert Kike likes this

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

So what hint made you think a PC version would be announced yesterday, 17 September?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users