TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

CheesusChrist, on 15 Dec 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

RyanBurnsRed, on 15 Dec 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

Has anyone downloaded and installed SteamOS yet?

It's not dualboot friendly and it deletes windows no matter what you do, so i don't think many people will be using it unless they make a dedicated PC. (It uses UEFI booting).

No windows means no SteamOS for me and a lot of other people. I understand that Valve wanted to do their own brand with the Linux system but they should still have given us a choice .

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

It deletes Windows if u use the same partition, really its not that hard...

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Fall 2014 | GTA V for PC

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

It's not dualboot friendly and it deletes windows no matter what you do, so i don't think many people will be using it unless they make a dedicated PC. (It uses UEFI booting).

What? Which OS doesn't delete previous OS? Dual boot is using two disk or two partitions on same PC, not two f*cking OS on same partitions.
And remember this is beta.

Wrong. Using Dual Boot, is have 2 OS, each one in a partition of the same HD, or in different HD's.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

What? Which OS doesn't delete previous OS? Dual boot is using two disk or two partitions on same PC, not two f*cking OS on same partitions.
And remember this is beta.

That's what i mean, people have reported that they need to unplug the hard drive that has windows to avoid SteamOS from --somehow-- deleting it. :/

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by MulleDK19, 16 December 2013 - 02:46 AM.

GTA V PC announcement in less than 2 weeks?

GTA IV console release date: April 28, 2008.
GTA IV PC announcement date: August 6, 2008.
Difference: 3 months and 8 days.

GTA V console release date: September 17, 2013.
September 17, 2013 + 3 months and 8 days = December 25, 2013.

Coincidence? I think not.

• Kipsta77 likes this

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:44 AM Edited by rokker_22, 18 December 2013 - 05:58 PM.

why would they release the game for consoles that only around 5 million people have (and probably like 2/3 of which already bought this game for their X360/PS3) instead of releasing it for PC who have a much larger amount of people who will buy the game? it doesn't make sense. I think that most chances are that they release it this month then any other month.

to happen (fingers crossed for this tuesday).

youre assuming the ps4/xb1 player base wont exponentially grow by the time we reach march or april mate...ps4 & xb1 just had the largest console launch in history...both consoles are projected to more than double their player bases by the end of quarter 1 2014...meaning ps4/xb1 will combine for near or over a 10 million player base by that time...thats a very substantial player base....& of course it will only continue to grow exponentially as time goes on....& the propsect of many of those millions double-dipping on the game is very real...especially if the nextgen version provides a substantial visual leap (which it will) among other improvements & new additions...

its coming to the nextgen consoles mate....money is a priority for rock*....its quite clear that gtaonline is designed for nextgen...the cloud system...the overall struture...it has all the hallmarks of nextgen....& nextgen will allow them to expand gta online in new ways that the last gen could never have.....we have evidence of the game coming to the new consoles in a dedicated...physical form...not gaikai or through psn or xl ...

BjqvOMA.png

"NG" = nextgen

orbis.png

& "orbis"...the placeholder found in the developer code....placeholder because its quite apparent the nextgen version development didnt actually exist yet at the time (mid september.....i dont think they began the porting process until sometime in mid/late october if this cv is anything to go by..which btw..was promptly removed within the hour after it began making rounds on the net......observe 

note the very specific use of words & term "version" which strongly implies this is not a new game but simply a re-worked version of a previous "famous ip"..

CV2.png

my educated guess is that the nextgen version is based on the pc version...will receive same or similar high quality assets...dx11...& all most of the eye candy that comes with the pc version will be on the nextgen version also..& is currently being ported as we speak....money is the name of the game here...& rock* knows what theyre doing the greedy f*cking pricks.....they knew that releasing the pc version in its own time window would not maximise their profits...while stalling the pc release while they port the game to the new consoles & eventually release both simultaneously would....so they go for the latter....mark my words & dont forget them...the pc & nextgen versions will launch together....the pc version will NOT be announced first...they will be announced together...& they will both be out at the same time before quarter 1 of 2014 is over.....(around late march according to one of my mates who knows & maintains contact with people at the rock* edinburgh studio)

& as for previous claims about rock* supposedly stating that they werent bringing the game to next gen consoles....HOGWASH...they NEVER said that. this a myth perpetuated by incompetent 'journalists' & people who lack rudimentary reading comprehension...in actuality..what rock* said was that they were not CURRENTLY working on a NEW gta game for the new consoles...which is true..theyre not...

& to address a similar claim that was made during the T2 quarterly earnings call in late october...lesie benz is on record responding to a question about gta v on next gen saying "we havent even discussed nextgen yet"...which again is in no way saying they dont have plans...its just a clever way to dodge a question & keep their work plans private....aside from the actual financial reports & details regarding some future projects...most of the rest is typical PR nonsense...rock* is a company that likes to keep their projects very secure & hidden from public until theyre ready to announce it themselves....so it follows that of course he would either play the dumb role or not comment on it...he chose to be dishonest & play the dumb role in this instance...not surprisingly

following all the evidence & leaks over the last few months with a decent amount of sleuthing will bring most to the conclusion that this is whats going on at the moment....it makes complete & perfect sense what rock* is doing right now....maybe not from a moral perspective...but definitely from a business perspective....im amazed that more people arent catching this...

• TheGreyWolf, Loxley and Albert Kike like this

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by rokker_22, 16 December 2013 - 04:01 AM.

.lol at all of the bloody morons commenting on this article posted on n4g.....the vast majority of gamers....console & pc alike...are completely oblivious to the hard evidence of the pc version that has been compiled over the last several months....rock* sure knows how to keep their fans in the dark...& in ignorance....the fact that so many still doubt it will be released for pc at this point is pitiful & painful to know....kudos to rock*...sadistic pricks

http://n4g.com/news/...evidence-so-far

• Albert Kike likes this

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

-snip-

None of this seems like new information.  I expected that this would happen; that they would try to do an ultimate re-release of the game by announcing and then releasing it on all the next-gen platforms (X1/PS4/PC) simultaneously; it just seemed like too good of an opportunity for Rockstar, and it gives them quite a bit of time to work more on improving the game's graphics for their PC/NG buyers as a sideline activity to their general GTA Online updates that they keep boasting about to their hungry fans.

DeadZed
  • DeadZed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:13 AM

If it's truly announced this tuesday or this month, I will cry.

• BlackScout likes this

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

None of this seems like new information.  I expected that this would happen; that they would try to do an ultimate re-release of the game by announcing and then releasing it on all the next-gen platforms (X1/PS4/PC) simultaneously; it just seemed like too good of an opportunity for Rockstar,

of course..its not new information...its basic information & a conclusion that anyone whos investigated all of the info over the last couple of months should have arrived to...

and it gives them quite a bit of time to work more on improving the game's graphics for their PC/NG buyers as a sideline activity to their general GTA Online updates that they keep boasting about to their hungry fans.

just remember...the pc build is the base for the nextgen versions....whatever graphical improvements the nextgen version receives will have been derived from the pc build which is where its being ported from...its not a simultaneous development going on... the pc build was being developed long before the nextgen consoles were even announced mate...but yea...its pretty easy to come to this conclusion once you study all of the evidence... 'hints'...& information thats come out in the last 2 months...but i still come across many who doubt that pc/ps4/xb1 releasing together so i wanted to address that

• Albert Kike likes this

sly1286
  • sly1286

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:34 AM Edited by sly1286, 16 December 2013 - 04:35 AM.

Omg so Late , just Finished a 3 Hour Session of V Singleplayer on Xbox ...so beautyful Even on console...

For all the Gays saying pc Gamers are Pirates .. I pirated the console Version of V three days Before Release for my j Tag Xbox ! ;)

But i will Buy the pc Version
  • BlackScout and Albert Kike like this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 16 December 2013 - 06:58 AM.

Omg so Late , just Finished a 3 Hour Session of V Singleplayer on Xbox ...so beautyful Even on console...

For all the Gays saying pc Gamers are Pirates .. I pirated the console Version of V three days Before Release for my j Tag Xbox ! ;)

But i will Buy the pc Version

Yeah, man. I played a couple hours of the PS3 version earlier today and even on consoles the game can look very pretty. The lighting, the sky box, it all looks so nice. And this is coming from someone who is a die hard PC gamer and a major graphics whore. I can definitely see what looks like a toned down version of a graphically superior build (PC/NG). The PS3/360 version are essentially a gimped version, but it still looks and plays quite nicely. 

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:51 AM Edited by DlZZEE, 16 December 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Ofcourse It's just a coincidence. They never announce anything in holidays. Why would they follow pattern? Announcement dates are completely random every time.

• Albert Kike likes this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

Ofcourse It's just a coincidence. They never announce anything in holidays. Why would they follow pattern? Announcement dates are completely random every time.

Yeah, there's no definitive pattern to these release dates. 

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Nice .. lol

This calculator helps you determine just how much time you can afford to wait for GTA 6?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 December 2013 - 09:18 AM.

You're detectives guys, you are all not allowed to believe in coincidence anymore.

Anybody get the reference?

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

IT WONT BE ANNOUNCED THIS YEAR.

God, why do people honestly hope they will do ANYTHING with the next gen version this year?! There's gonna be NOTHING. It's gonna be all new on GTA:O

Try and remember all the windows R* had to market GTA V when they were working on MP3. They kept marketing MP3 for months after it's release.

Give the f*ck up.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:27 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 December 2013 - 09:31 AM.

God, why do people honestly hope they will do ANYTHING with the next gen version this year?! There's gonna be NOTHING. It's gonna be all new on GTA:O

Try and remember all the windows R* had to market GTA V when they were working on MP3. They kept marketing MP3 for months after it's release.
Give the f*ck up.

All facts point to a 2013 announcement. Also San Andreas was confirmed for IOS alongside the updates for GTA:O. Not to mention the DLC.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by Xerukal, 16 December 2013 - 09:40 AM.

Give the f*ck up.

Noone's talking about the next gen version, though.

*cough*

d9dff52ccb.png

Never give up. Never surrender.

f*ck the police.

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

My opinion is:they won't announce it  unless the weekly global  sale(2 console combined) drop to under 100k

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

My opinion is:they won't announce it  unless the weekly global  sale(2 console combined) drop to under 100k

u heard him. stop buying V for some time. please

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

*my reaction at this thread*

Homer-Walks-Into-Bar-and-Leaves.gif

still no GTA V for PC?

giphy.gif

• GúnZinEss and BlackScout like this

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

im guessing PC version anouncement will come feb 2014 . ive been waiting for this game for ever Still have not played it.

Nor will i till PC . Now Feb anouncement them April release sounds like the go.

Seen every mission played ,seems a bit boring tho still interested in playing it. Starting to realy lose hype over it all now.

GTA V seems to be 1 thing for me - Extremely good or something we didn'y realy want in a GTA game ,lose of missions not as many ,Special ability's ,Aliens Wepon wheel like wtf ? .

@ the end of the day i just hope When i get it the controls to play the game are still the same like GTA IV . so i can still embrace my controller ... :) :) :)

Jimmy Boston
  • Jimmy Boston

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

I always expect the PC version out for sale around six months after the console version. I was trying to hold out for the PC release, but it was on sale so I picked it up for 360.

I'm enjoying it, but I look forward to seeing a PC/next-gen version with higher quality graphics. Since I already have it now, I'll probably wait even longer after the PC release for a sale or price drop. By then, some good mods should be out too.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by MinnieMan121249, 16 December 2013 - 12:51 PM.

im guessing PC version anouncement will come feb 2014 . ive been waiting for this game for ever Still have not played it.

Seen every mission played ,seems a bit boring tho still interested in playing it. Starting to realy lose hype over it all now.

GTA V seems to be 1 thing for me - Extremely good or something we didn'y realy want in a GTA game ,lose of missions not as many ,Special ability's ,Aliens Wepon wheel like wtf ? .

@ the end of the day i just hope When i get it the controls to play the game are still the same like GTA IV . so i can still embrace my controller ... :) :) :)

PC announcement would probably be on March, and the release by early/mid april.

• Osho likes this

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I really think it will be announced this week, I have inside sources that can confirm this

• TheGreyWolf likes this

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

I really think it will be announced this week, I have inside sources that can confirm this

Oh really please tell me more about these sources you have :-)
Where were you when we needed you, where?! Tell us?! Why make us suffer even more oh god whyyyy...

LOL

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by PlasmaFLOW, 16 December 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Thats a positive, my inside sources confirmed this too...

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Yes and my inside source, my GUT tells me GTA V for PC will be announced toomorrow at around 17:00. My gut always tells the truth. BRACE YOURSELVES GTA V PC ANNOUNCEMENT IS COMING

NOT
  • BlackScout likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

PC announcement would probably be on March, and the release by early/mid april.

The stupidity and ignorance of this post is largely noticeable.

• BlackScout likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users