PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm not seeing an announcement happening this month, to be honest. I don't mind waiting six more months until the game is released, and I actually don't mind paying another 60 bucks towards it.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm not seeing an announcement happening this month, to be honest. I don't mind waiting six more months until the game is released, and I actually don't mind paying another 60 bucks towards it.

Yeah me too... I can just go out and Watch Dogs, before GTA V release.

nik0hue
  • nik0hue

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

I do mind.

Don't get me wrong but, I'm a huge fan of GTA, (Not that you guys wouldn't be) and It really is the only game I'm looking forward to.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

I already paid 150 for Collectors Edition on PS3. Call me a sucker (I kind of already am sometimes), but I loved it. I beat the game and I've planned to do a lot on GTA Online, but I put the game in a safe spot as not to distract me from attempting to finish this year's worth of schoolwork.

Mash1995
  • Mash1995

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Have Rockstar named the marketing app as marketing app or was it Steam? http://steamdb.info/app/271070/

bindik
  • bindik

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by bindik, 15 December 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Am so tard, remove it :D

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV PC version confirmed

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

North Koreer

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Dankov, on 15 Dec 2013 - 6:52 PM, said:

seventonblade every company has market on PC. Every company makes PC games, but also every company delays PC releases for NO REASON AT ALL! It is not justified at all. As far as I know, Almost every game is developed on PC platform, yet PC users are the last to play it. No justification at all for those delays. PC's are much better for gaming than consoles. Every couple of months there are new parts for PC, while consoles are being outdated with years. BUT WE NEVER GET THE NEW GAMES FIRST! Which is a bummer. That's why I'm gonna pirate GTA. It's been developed on PC, and I'll play it on PC as pirated version. So..After all, there is no justification on those delays.

Actually, you are wrong, PCs are used for many other things other than gaming unless you are talking about gaming PCs and even then its a stretch, consoles on the other hand ARE made just for gaming even though in recent years it tried to be a different thing , Xbox One being the most recent example , consoles are always going to exist solely for gaming whether you like it or not .

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Fall 2014 | GTA V for PC

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

:panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

I didn't know :(

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Anyone think they'll release the GTA IV DLC for PC too? I hope they can confirm that we'll get to see some animated dick. Stubbs' dick to be precise.

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

seventonblade every company has market on PC. Every company makes PC games, but also every company delays PC releases for NO REASON AT ALL! It is not justified at all. As far as I know, Almost every game is developed on PC platform, yet PC users are the last to play it. No justification at all for those delays. PC's are much better for gaming than consoles. Every couple of months there are new parts for PC, while consoles are being outdated with years. BUT WE NEVER GET THE NEW GAMES FIRST! Which is a bummer. That's why I'm gonna pirate GTA. It's been developed on PC, and I'll play it on PC as pirated version. So..After all, there is no justification on those delays.

Actually, you are wrong, PCs are used for many other things other than gaming unless you are talking about gaming PCs and even then its a stretch, consoles on the other hand ARE made just for gaming even though in recent years it tried to be a different thing , Xbox One being the most recent example , consoles are always going to exist solely for gaming whether you like it or not .

but then its kind of absurd that consoles are made especially for gaming and yet they cant deliver good enough games and gaming experience, and on the other side the PC gives us not only top notch gaming but also all kinds of things and stuff that you wont ever get to see on a console, its absurd isnt it?

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Offtopic: Holy balls! Half Life 3 is real people!

http://www.ign.com/g...ife-3/pc-128068

Spoiler

seventonblade
  • seventonblade

A Demon In A Jar

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by seventonblade, 15 December 2013 - 09:21 PM.

but then its kind of absurd that consoles are made especially for gaming and yet they cant deliver good enough games and gaming experience, and on the other side the PC gives us not only top notch gaming but also all kinds of things and stuff that you wont ever get to see on a console, its absurd isnt it?

You can blame advertising for that.  PCs are rarely if ever advertised to a wide audience as a tool for gaming, because no one company has a total monopoly over the PC gaming market, which in itself gets even more complicated than that.  Simply put, it's because of a lack of centralization.  You might think powerhouses like Microsoft or Valve would be the ones exercising control, however, Microsoft only owns and profits off of the operating systems that PCs use, whereas, Microsoft owns and profits off of just about everything that makes the Xbox what it is (except for some of the hardware, which is licensed to other companies like NVidia); PlayStation works the same way.  As for Valve, as much as it may seem like they have a monopoly, they only rule one sector of the market, and that is in video game distribution.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that they don't even control half of that (or at least only half).  This lack of total monopolization; this "anarchy" of sorts, is probably why the PC happens to be such a "free platform", and why consoles tend to have very restrictive regulations and guidelines as a result of such monopolized control that the console developers have over each of their platforms.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Spoiler

a_560x0.jpg

• Smaher. likes this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_, 15 December 2013 - 09:16 PM.

Spoiler

I want to believe :(

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Has anyone downloaded and installed SteamOS yet?

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Nope.
Btw, it's only beta.
  • BlackScout likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Nope.
Btw, it's only beta.

Sure, but PC Gamer said on their FB page that they're going to review it.

I just thought someone here could be a guinea pig and test it out with a W7/8 partition =P

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:41 PM Edited by CheesusChrist, 15 December 2013 - 09:42 PM.

It's not dualboot friendly and it deletes windows no matter what you do, so i don't think many people will be using it unless they make a dedicated PC. (It uses UEFI booting).

• BlackScout likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 15 December 2013 - 09:58 PM.

It's not dualboot friendly and it deletes windows no matter what you do, so i don't think many people will be using it unless they make a dedicated PC. (It uses UEFI booting).

Well sh*t. Glad I decided not to try it xD

I heard it had problems, and that only Nvidia cards are supported (I have an Nvidia card but still...)

Thanks for the info. I'm eager to see how it looks like.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm thinking of trying it, but it needs a helluva good hard drive and at the moment, I'm not dishing out any cash on upgrading my PC anymore. I'm planning to build a new one sometime soon.

Bonaldo
  • Bonaldo

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

If they won't announce it until end of January I will start having serious doubts about if we'll see GTA V PC anytime soon.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Fall 2014 | GTA V for PC

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

: /, if it has dual boot support, I could test it.

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

There is a PC version, that's a fact and the evidence proves it: leaked build logs, Nvidia en Intel talking about PC version and also GTA V was mentioned in AMD drivers, so no doubt about that. I think 2013 is the year of the current gen version of GTA V and 2014 (Q1 or Q2) will be the time for GTA V PC and next-gen console version. With the release of the next-gen consoels it's obvious that R* never would have released a much better PC version before releasing a P$4/Xbone version. R* is a company that wants to make maximum profit. But i also think that R* made the game for PC instead a porting it to PC, GTA IV port was a big mistake and R* realized that and showed us they can make a good optimized PC version of a game (Max Payne 3). 

I would be very happy to see a december announcement, but chances are very low for that to happen (fingers crossed for this tuesday).

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Fall 2014 | GTA V for PC

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

There is a PC version, that's a fact and the evidence proves it: leaked build logs, Nvidia en Intel talking about PC version and also GTA V was mentioned in AMD drivers, so no doubt about that. I think 2013 is the year of the current gen version of GTA V and 2014 (Q1 or Q2) will be the time for GTA V PC and next-gen console version. With the release of the next-gen consoels it's obvious that R* never would have released a much better PC version before releasing a P$4/Xbone version. R* is a company that wants to make maximum profit. But i also think that R* made the game for PC instead a porting it to PC, GTA IV port was a big mistake and R* realized that and showed us they can make a good optimized PC version of a game (Max Payne 3). 

I would be very happy to see a december announcement, but chances are very low for that to happen (fingers crossed for this tuesday).

Resuming: There is a PC Version, no doubt, GTA IV was a horrible port, and now we will get a dedicated version without lags. And possibly tuesday we hope for something.

niceguy78
  • niceguy78

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

why would they release the game for consoles that only around 5 million people have (and probably like 2/3 of which already bought this game for their X360/PS3) instead of releasing it for PC who have a much larger amount of people who will buy the game? it doesn't make sense. I think that most chances are that they release it this month then any other month.

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

Yes, i also dont understand the logic of R* not to release PC version in Nov/Dec 2013. But i am sure it has something to do with the next-gen release and maybe the problems with GTAO and the promised DLC and Heists not being released yet. I don't really hate the waitng because we PC gamers know that feeling for a long time now, but the one and only thing i really don't like is how R* treats us PC gamers, they can't even say Yes or No when asked if there is a PC version, that's just pathetic and i dont know any game company that acts like R*, very bad communication with the customers.

• BlackScout likes this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:51 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 15 December 2013 - 11:54 PM.

What? Which OS doesn't delete previous OS? Dual boot is using two disk or two partitions on same PC, not two f*cking OS on same partitions.
And remember this is beta.

mestido
  • mestido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

funny-gif-black-guy-reaction.gif

• BlackScout likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users