• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

December announcement would line it up for a March/April release.

Would be perfect!

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

b9e.jpg

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

is this what it's come to? every month we anticipate an announcement? these are dark days for PC gaming, I don't think it will survive, first red dead redemption, now GTA V.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

It's impossible - V not a PC release.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

is this what it's come to? every month we anticipate an announcement? these are dark days for PC gaming, I don't think it will survive, first red dead redemption, now GTA V.

Really?
RDR was predictable because R* North didn't develop it! It was R* San Diego.

• Big Danny K, Startug, 1987_EC and 1 other like this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

quechus13, on 15 Dec 2013 - 4:03 PM, said:

jimmycakes, on 15 Dec 2013 - 3:37 PM, said:

Really?
RDR was predictable because R* North didn't develop it! It was R* San Diego.

I dont get why people always use this excuse for why RDR did not come for PC, news flash people , the studio is part of the same company and they dont even make the decision on which platforms the game will be , Take Two is . The reason RDR did not come to PC was because of its messy code and the whole scandal with the employees being mistreated, i assume Rockstar did not want to bother anymore as they did not predict that RDR will be such a big success since Red Dead Revolver was not such a big hit .

• sivaG likes this

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

Proud Supporter of the Sick Filth Industry

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by seventonblade, 15 December 2013 - 02:44 PM.

Guess what guys, no announcement. As much as I want it, it won't come 'till next year. Considering what I've heard and read so far I'd say the announcement will come in the end of January or beginning of February. And the game itself some time in June. Stupid C* and their "stay tuned for more information" tactics. I hope PC will get pirated badly for never telling the PC users about release date!!

yes.nice said.but there will be many idiots who will buy this game.and thats the problem..after they announce and see trailer of pc version with its nice graphic people will forget how much they waited and how badly they were traited by sh*ttie r*..and R* knows that ..these damn b**ches

I don't know why some of you think that pirating the game as a form of protest could not possibly backfire in any way.  Practically all you'll be doing is confirming the stereotype that all PC gamers = pirates, if you were to encourage EVERYONE to pirate the game upon release, which seems to be the goal of many of you.  Truth is, some of us aren't as self-entitled, irrational, and/or quick enough to accept that the only reason Rockstar has chosen to delay the release is because "they hate us."

• jatiger13 and TaviColen123 like this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

GTA V will be released by 29th February!!!!

Ooops that's in 2016 :D
  • tadejpetric likes this

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Guess what guys, no announcement. As much as I want it, it won't come 'till next year. Considering what I've heard and read so far I'd say the announcement will come in the end of January or beginning of February. And the game itself some time in June. Stupid C* and their "stay tuned for more information" tactics. I hope PC will get pirated badly for never telling the PC users about release date!!

yes.nice said.but there will be many idiots who will buy this game.and thats the problem..after they announce and see trailer of pc version with its nice graphic people will forget how much they waited and how badly they were traited by sh*ttie r*..and R* knows that ..these damn b**ches

I don't know why some of you think that pirating the game as a form of protest could not possibly backfire in any way.  Practically all you'll be doing is confirming the stereotype that all PC gamers = pirates, if you were to encourage EVERYONE to pirate the game upon release.  Also, some of us aren't as self-entitled.

Some PC users pirate not because they don't want to buy the game or don't have money. They pirate to give the companies what they gave to PC users. People already finished playing GTA V and probably forgotten what the storyline was, as PC gamers still wait for announcement. We're the forgotten generation (by "we" I mean PC users). We always get the multiplatform games last. Always PC users wait months and months for announcement, and eventually for release. Well if they are gonna "discriminate" PC users, they will discriminate companies by pirating. I don't find it fair for some people to wait half a year for a game, while others already finished that game and forgot what it was about. 

• Big Danny K likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

I see this thread hasn't changed a bit 8D

Come on guys. Play some different games until there's an announcement.

Quite honestly, the hype I had for this game died about 2 months ago, but I'd still like to be able to load it up on my PC with my controller in hand, ready to play it in 1080p maxed out with ENB.

The day will come, just wait. 

• Big Danny K likes this

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by seventonblade, 15 December 2013 - 03:29 PM.

I don't know why some of you think that pirating the game as a form of protest could not possibly backfire in any way.  Practically all you'll be doing is confirming the stereotype that all PC gamers = pirates, if you were to encourage EVERYONE to pirate the game upon release, which seems to be the goal of many of you.  Truth is, some of us aren't as self-entitled, irrational, and/or quick enough to accept that the only reason Rockstar has chosen to delay the release is because "they hate us."

Some PC users pirate not because they don't want to buy the game or don't have money. They pirate to give the companies what they gave to PC users. People already finished playing GTA V and probably forgotten what the storyline was, as PC gamers still wait for announcement. We're the forgotten generation (by "we" I mean PC users). We always get the multiplatform games last. Always PC users wait months and months for announcement, and eventually for release. Well if they are gonna "discriminate" PC users, they will discriminate companies by pirating. I don't find it fair for some people to wait half a year for a game, while others already finished that game and forgot what it was about. 

These delays are kinda specific to Rockstar, for one.  But the reason the games still come out for PC, as stated by Rockstar, is because they still have a market on PC (somebody find me the URL for where they say that; I don't remember).  Let me explain.

There's one theory suggesting that the reason Rockstar has been delaying the GTA PC versions is for one reason in particular: because they make money off of doing so.  I'm saying that it means that some corporation that is likely Microsoft or Sony is paying them a large upfront amount to keep the game exclusive to their platforms for 6-8 months.  The only reason why Rockstar accepts this corrupt bargain is because each time they would have had to calculate whether accepting the deal or releasing it to PC on time would be more profitable.  They keep choosing the former because there isn't as much of a market on the PC as there is on the consoles, and so they would make fewer immediate profits selling it on PC; the smaller that amount becomes, the less catering we'll get.  So when you encourage everyone to pirate the game as a form of boycott, you're more-so killing their market and making them see us as even less significant (all-the-while contributing to the stereotype that PC gamer = pirate; probably from news pages on different websites stating just how 'bad' the piracy for GTA V was) and profit-generating, meaning that they'd actually be more willing to sacrifice delaying the PC releases and even skip porting their games over to PC entirely (RIP RDR) if the lack of profitability became bad enough.  Now, if instead they profited more off of the game than expected, it could end up being enough to break their deal (not to say that Microsoft or Sony would retaliate by paying more) by actually seeming like the more profitable choice; might even make them care more about actually polishing their games before [PC] release because they'll be more liable with their larger market.  However, biting the hand that feeds you is likely to have little if any positive effects.

Here is another possible theory (or set of theories), which I will quote from one of my earlier comments:

I'm starting to think that the reason for all these delays and rushes coming from Rockstar is simply because they lack professional programmers who are able to adequately port their games over to their "second-rate" platforms (PC, iOS, etc. Basically any platform that isn't Xbox and especially not PlayStation, and I say that because Rockstar has practically been married to Sony since GTA III).  In fact, there's some proof to this ( http://www.gamespot....c/1100-6411194/ ); even though the article is a few months old, the point still goes, and in fact, they may still be hiring.  Supposedly, it's why RDR never made it to PC, because the game's code was simply too much of a mess for the programmers that Rockstar had at the time to create a working PC port in a short enough time period.

On another hand, Rockstar may just suck at managing themselves and respecting deadlines, which we (or maybe just Ash, because I'm not really sure for myself just how badly ported it is) can observe from the release of iOS San Andreas; probably rushed in hopes of releasing it by the end of the financial quarter before Christmas.  GTA Online's launch problems were likely the result of crappy deadlining also; GTA IV for PC too when it was launched (though I bought the game long after most of these problems were eliminated; even a while after EFLC got released on PC, so all I know came from those who were critical of the game).  Much of that sounds quite hard to believe when they just sold a massive triple-A game that happened to break a ton of records and still seemed quite relatively polished even at launch.

Of course, Rockstar wouldn't have so much control if either of the above theories were true, and so piracy-in-protest would be pretty much pointless and furthermore, antiproductive as well.  If you have other theories (that of course, is not the "they hate us" one, which is complete bullsh*t because why would they deliberately mistreat a significant section of their customer base out of despisal?  It just doesn't make any sense), please give me an idea of what they are.

Lastly, I'm confused as to why many of you will suggest piracy, but then make no efforts to tell Rockstar as to WHY you've pirated their game.  That is possibly the biggest reason why they could misinterpret such a large number of torrent downloads, which would majorly increase the chances of any such backfiring.  But I guess it just wouldn't work because not every person who "pirates-in-protest" is going to remind Rockstar (civilly and not seeming like the self-entitled a-hole you'd expect from Rockstar's "fans") as to why they've decided to do them a disservice, and so Rockstar will have no idea about the rest of those protest pirates, making the possibility of backfiring almost inevitable if the protest became widespread.

• jatiger13 and Xerukal like this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_, 15 December 2013 - 03:22 PM.

TL;DR

6863 letters :)
  • tadejpetric likes this

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by seventonblade, 15 December 2013 - 03:35 PM.

TL;DR

6863?!  Dang, I might break a record some day...

(EDIT: It's a bit more now)

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 December 2013 - 04:33 PM.

TL;DR

6863?!  Dang, I might break a record some day...

(EDIT: It's a bit more now)

Very good read. I agree entirely. 

The whole "piracy in protest" thing definitely is not the way, and it never should be. UNLESS the developer or game in question is so bad and so abysmal that the developer needs to learn to put effort into their games the hard way. And even then, just not touching their game(s) (Since why would you waste download speed on a piece of sh*t anyway?) will teach them their lesson. 

However, Rockstar has never made a "sh*tty" product. Ever. They had their worse games and their better games, but never was a game a complete and utter disaster or failure. They make good games. More importantly, though, quality games. With authenticity, style and attitude. 

They put a lot of hard work into them. And it's noticeable. The thing that drives me mad is how much of this people take for granted. The details they put into their games. GTA V especially. 

I've played the trainwreck that is the 360 version of V and I still found a ton of fun in it. Now just imagine how much fun we'll all have on an actual stable machine that can run the game at high frames per second and flawless visual performance. 

Piracy is not the way. Unless you're poor. And even then, it doesn't make it right. 

• Big Danny K, Little Red Nurgling and TaviColen123 like this

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

seventonblade every company has market on PC. Every company makes PC games, but also every company delays PC releases for NO REASON AT ALL! It is not justified at all. As far as I know, Almost every game is developed on PC platform, yet PC users are the last to play it. No justification at all for those delays. PC's are much better for gaming than consoles. Every couple of months there are new parts for PC, while consoles are being outdated with years. BUT WE NEVER GET THE NEW GAMES FIRST! Which is a bummer. That's why I'm gonna pirate GTA. It's been developed on PC, and I'll play it on PC as pirated version. So..After all, there is no justification on those delays.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

seventonblade every company has market on PC. Every company makes PC games, but also every company delays PC releases for NO REASON AT ALL! It is not justified at all. As far as I know, Almost every game is developed on PC platform, yet PC users are the last to play it. No justification at all for those delays. PC's are much better for gaming than consoles. Every couple of months there are new parts for PC, while consoles are being outdated with years. BUT WE NEVER GET THE NEW GAMES FIRST! Which is a bummer. That's why I'm gonna pirate GTA. It's been developed on PC, and I'll play it on PC as pirated version. So..After all, there is no justification on those delays.

There is no justification for you to torrent the game, as well. 

No good justification, anyway. 

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by seventonblade, 15 December 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Piracy is not the way. Unless you're poor. And even then, it doesn't make it right. 

That, or you come from a region or set of circumstances that makes obtaining said product via. purchase near impossible.  I won't argue that piracy is a good thing as an afront to purchase, but in general, I don't think that it is something that is all bad either.  To me, piracy is like a middle ground between buying something and having no interest in that something at all.  It's arguable that piracy, being different from physical theft that deprives the seller of their product, is not really harmful towards the developer unless the pirates themselves still had a chance that they would have bought the product that they're pirating, due to the lost sales fallacy.  But I still think it's better to pirate something than to not use a product at all, because while you may not contribute to product maker's profits, you do, in fact, contribute to their userbase, which is part of why programs like Photoshop, which is pirated so badly that I've heard that over half of its users are pirates (including me, as much as I hate to admit it), are still as popular and successful as they are.

I'm sorry, but your biases are getting in the way of your logic.  You must have not played many other PC games because you're stating that EVERY developer who makes games for the traditional platforms significantly delays the PC releases of their games; as in EVERY SINGLE one of them.  That is obviously a lie because I know that just about every game that's been released on Steam has had the exact same release date (and release time; usually around 12:00 AM midnight) on Steam as they've had on Xbox Live and/or PSN, EXCEPT for Rockstar's games.  I don't know where you got that assumption from.  I already mentioned that this delaying is something which is unique to Rockstar.

Plus, if you really think that there is no justification, then let's just assume that, going with theory #2, Rockstar releases GTA V early despite their lack of PC programmers.  In the end, what happens is they launch a port even more crappy and unoptimized than GTA IV at launch; they then get a ton of bad reviews; few if anyone buys their game on PC; and it becomes a complete waste of time and money for them; all of which, could've been prevented if they had chosen to delay and polish the game a bit more with the help of the hired programmers they didn't have initially.  There's your justification.

And of course, there's just too many biases you have that you just aren't considering.  PC may be a great platform, but the vast majority of Rockstar's fans are console gamers.  As a company, you should focus on pleasing the MAJORITY demographic of your customers if a compromise had to be made where the minority demographic(s) had to suffer.  Otherwise, you compromise profits, and you get accused by the MAJORITY for catering to the minority, which is much worse for them than having the exact opposite happen, especially with game developers like Rockstar, who, like most AAA game developers, put into consideration all three platforms.  You have to realize that PC isn't everything; your elitism means nothing.

• Mark Ramier likes this

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'll just leave it here:

http://fast2play.com...-steam-key.html

• 1987_EC likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'll just leave it here:

R9zgoIu.gif

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

30/12 - 02/01 - 06/01 - 09/01

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'll just leave it here:

R9zgoIu.gif

Ah, FFS lots of retailers made that. Wait the announcement plz

• tadejpetric likes this

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

All I'm gonna say is this: as long as the game is outdated (6 months after original release date) I'm gonna pirate it. If they discriminate PC users, I discriminate the price of the game. I'm not paying for a game that 500,00 people already finished! It's like paying for old hooker with old p*ssy, that half a million people already used. F*ck that!!

• uJhatafart00 and tadejpetric like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

30/12 - 02/01 - 06/01 - 09/01

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

All I'm gonna say is this: as long as the game is outdated (6 months after original release date) I'm gonna pirate it. If they discriminate PC users, I discriminate the price of the game. I'm not paying for a game that 500,00 people already finished! It's like paying for old hooker with old p*ssy, that half a million people already used. F*ck that!!

I will buy, f*ck the delay, I want to give support to the devs, and I want to play GTA Online.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'll just leave it here:

R9zgoIu.gif

Ah, FFS lots of retailers made that. Wait the announcement plz

Yeah, I know.

I just really missed that version of the gif. Needed an excuse to use it. 

• Little Red Nurgling and geisweiller like this

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by seventonblade, 15 December 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Your choice then, I guess; just know that I'm not one of those people who purchase their games immediately after they come out, and there are lots of other like me.  You don't need to have a game day one you know; I never bought GTA IV, my first GTA, until late 2010, which was quite a while after it had released on the PC and a much longer amount of time after the PC releases of all the PS2 era GTAs, all of which l have now.  I only pre-order games that I feel are masterpieces worthy of anticipation, like GTA V.

• Big Danny K likes this

bindik
  • bindik

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

SA Mobile version is just remake of older mobile version ? Gta 3 if i have to ...

dang here it is

e18d1ddmx0wprzufczo7.jpg

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

SA Mobile version is just remake of older mobile version ? Gta 3 if i have to ...

dang here it is

-snip-

I shouldn't be even answering that but I'll do it, the files are called "gta3" on PC too, since GTA3. Even on VC, it's just the same engine file structure.

• Big Danny K likes this

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Not gonna happen guys, the will use Christmas to boost console sales for the last time.

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

so?

i dont give a f&ck about them not giving a f&ck about us.. :evilgrin:

Trash99
  • Trash99

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Not gonna happen guys, the will use Christmas to boost console sales for the last time.

They can also use Christmas to boost pre-orders. 

• Blanc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users