• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yeah those fall in the kind of requirements given by the game Dev's in order to run the game better or worst, although the real requirements needed to actually run them are always lower then that, I laughed when I saw the RAM requirements needed for Ghosts and how a group of "noob users" proved to Dev's they were just greedy and stupid and the game could run with less.

As a matter of fact I can say it of almost every game that is released, my Q6600 still eat every game alive, not with all the fancy filters on but honestly for me they don't make such a different at high resolutions and I've been thinking about upgrading my PC, but I'll wait till it's absolutely necessary, because far as it goes it's just marketing and I'm not intending to use more then 1 screen.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by CheesusChrist, 13 December 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Oh god SteamOS is launching its Beta right now, how couldn't i know of it?! D:

EDIT: If anyone's interested http://repo.steamsta...OSInstaller.zip

SynTerro
  • SynTerro

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by SynTerro, 14 December 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Low Recommended Specs:

CPU: i3 or i5 Dual-Core @ 3.0 Ghz or Equivalent

RAM: 4GB of Memory or More

GPU: GTX 500 Series or Equivalent w/ 1GB of VRAM or More

High Recommended Specs:

CPU: i5 or i7 Quad-Core @ 4.0 Ghz or Higher

RAM: 6GB of Memory or More

GPU: GTX 600 Series or Equivalent w/ 2GB/4GB of VRAM or More

Now this is not representing a legit final product requirements, but certainly can fall into expectations.

Microsoft have to pay a lot of money to force a Win 8 requirement, user base of win 8 is way to low for it to be tempting to do by itself nor are there any technical reason to limit it. Most gamers(target audience) are on Win 7.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 14 December 2013 - 12:56 AM.

Oh god SteamOS is launching its Beta right now, how couldn't i know of it?! D:

EDIT: If anyone's interested http://repo.steamsta...OSInstaller.zip

I assume this is fake.

Looks like it is not: http://store.steampowered.com/steamos/

Choose "DIY Steam Machine"

Or if download takes to much time to start....
Download thru .torrent (torrent is not illegal, nor is content)
http://steamdb.info/blog/35/

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

I love the smell of butthurt PC fanboys in the morning

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by AceKingston, 14 December 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Console fanboys stink unlike PC fanboys who have smell good.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

Played GTA V on my brothers PS3 last weekend for about 2 hrs

In the end, threw the controller back at him and told him I doubt I would buy this for PC.

Wooden, clunky movements

Crap graphics and missing textures

Driving...don't get me started

Game would have been better as launch title for PS4 and XBoxone which would have coped with game better

PS3 struggles with game, pushed too far to the limit of hardware.

If Rockstar do a usual lazy port and don't optimise it for PC then IMHO consoles can keep it

In it's present state, it is rubbish, but again, that is just my opinion

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

In the end, threw the controller back at him and told him I doubt I would buy this for PC.

Game would have been better as launch title for PS4 and XBoxone which would have coped with game better

PS3 struggles with game, pushed too far to the limit of hardware.

If Rockstar do a usual lazy port and don't optimise it for PC then IMHO consoles can keep it

In it's present state, it is rubbish, but again, that is just my opinion

I don't think so. PS3 runs V really good albeit slight hiccups. PC version will be great technically. In the end, if there is not much to offer then it can be argued worth a buy or not!

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

From what I experienced, the game struggled to keep up to 30 FPS and had much lag when spinning 360 degrees

If PS3 users are happy with what they have then fair enough but I would expect better

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by Xerukal, 14 December 2013 - 09:15 AM.

I can't go back to GTA V after some hours of IV. I just can't.

It's not for the reasons you might think. I still WANT to love GTA V, and i WANT to love the new mechanics and advantages. Because I know they are fun. But I can't.

There is no precision, no control and no skill involved with a controller. Especially with the huge FPS problem. It is a complete catastrophe.  

Damn it. I wish next-gen was here before V's initial announcement. We could've avoided all of this. 

It would've come full circle, too. GTA IV kicked off the next-gen back in 2008, did it not? It would've been so appropriate for it to release in its full glory as a flagship title for the general next-generation experience. On both PC and PS4/Xbox One. 

But hey, 1 billion dollars in 3 days... without PC sales. 

• BlackScout likes this

tikhung01
  • tikhung01

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:18 AM Edited by tikhung01, 14 December 2013 - 09:22 AM.

It's not for the reasons you might think. I still WANT to love GTA V, and i WANT to love the new mechanics and advantages. Because I know they are fun. But I can't.

There is no precision, no control and no skill involved with a controller. Especially with the huge FPS problem. It is a complete catastrophe.  

Damn it. I wish next-gen was here before V's initial announcement. We could've avoided all of this. 

It would've come full circle, too. GTA IV kicked off the next-gen back in 2008, did it not? It would've been so appropriate for it to release in its full glory as a flagship title for the general next-generation experience. On both PC and PS4/Xbox One. 

GTA IV > GTA V.

Better story, better car handling, better physics, better AI, better peds, better cops, and better character(hey cousin,let's go bowling).

awwwww yeahhh

1452584_735902056438178_1414410455_n.jpg

• Big Danny K likes this

rokker_22
  • rokker_22

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

lolz....wtf mate....are you aware that the pc versions of these games are significantly improved via modding?...all the 'issues' you cite will be fixed in the pc version...just like all of the issues from the console version of gta 4 were fixed by modders in the pc version...i thought gta 4 sucked balls btw worst gta game to date. 

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

All GTA's are great. That's not the point of this thread. lol

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by marmoo, 14 December 2013 - 09:42 AM.

The faults of the PC version of GTA IV were not fixed by modding. The mechanics were not truly improved due to modding. No amount of modding would help framerate issues on high end systems - Even Rockstar gave up the ghost on patching eventually

There is no guarantee that any PC version of GTA V will be either improved or 'fixed' as you call it

Hell...we haven't even had a release confirmation yet have we?

• Osho and BlackScout like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

lolz....wtf mate....are you aware that the pc versions of these games are significantly improved via modding?...all the 'issues' you cite will be fixed in the pc version...just like all of the issues from the console version of gta 4 were fixed by modders in the pc version...i thought gta 4 sucked balls btw worst gta game to date. 

I am perfectly aware of this. 

However, modding the game is not required to fix the problems I have with it. Only good optimization mixed with some decent hardware and I'll be able to enjoy the game just as much as I'm enjoying the smooth pace of IV right now. 

As long as we get a nicely optimized PC version with actual effort put into it, everyone will be happy.

• BlackScout likes this

sasuke256
  • sasuke256

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

They dont care about PC, This is getting ridicoulous, no announcement, nothing at all !

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

Max Payne 3 says hello!

• Osho likes this

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Max Payne 3 says hello!

Fair point :)

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

my hopes for playing gtav are gone. Played like 5 minutes on xbox at friends house, and that would be all for waiting gtav since 2011. 

Thank you rockstar. not.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well the coming Tuesday is the day to look forward to, not gonna get my hopes too high though.

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Well the coming Tuesday is the day to look forward to, not gonna get my hopes too high though.

why should we look forward for tuesday?

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

^^Nothing in regards to PC version of GTA V will happen on tuesday

BubbaGoom
  • BubbaGoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by BubbaGoom, 14 December 2013 - 11:11 AM.

Where the hell are you guys getting these days from? Would be cool if you guys stop pulling it out from your asses.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:31 AM Edited by DlZZEE, 14 December 2013 - 11:31 AM.

Where the hell are you guys getting these days from? Would be cool if you guys stop pulling it out from your asses.

Exactly 3 months after console release. EFLC was announced EXACTLY 3 after Gay Tony was released. What's up with negativity? Learn to control your anger a little bit.

• BlackScout likes this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

Exactly 3 months after console release. EFLC was announced EXACTLY 3 after Gay Tony was released. What's up with negativity? Learn to control your anger a little bit.

But Half-Life 3 is still unannounced.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Half-Life 3 0_o

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V's PC version is coming...

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

In a few day it'll be GTA V 3rd month "birthday", we should expect a PC announcement around mid January - early February

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

Looks like an attempt to lessen the gap between console and PC release as EFLC

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

tikhung01, on 14 Dec 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Xerukal, on 14 Dec 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

GTA IV > GTA V.

Better story, better car handling, better physics, better AI, better peds, better cops, and better character(hey cousin,let's go bowling).

awwwww yeahhh

1452584_735902056438178_1414410455_n.jpg

And of course thats your opinion .

nik0hue
  • nik0hue

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

I'm really looking forward to tuesday, altough, we'll most likely be disappointed.

But, Hey, We gotta believe in something! ;)

• BlackScout likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users