Finally, man, I can't wait!

This time:

YCSSmiq.gif

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

Proud Supporter of the Sick Filth Industry

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:03 PM Edited by seventonblade, 09 December 2013 - 09:17 PM.

- so many time has passed ... i've manage to fully upgrade my rig (well one more HDD and one more SSD is required but it'll wait) ... of course, monitor was the last thing, i went with Dell U2713HM (27" res 2560x1440) and i must tell it is total crap of monitor, full of cross hatching and backlight bleeding ... returned it and took ASUS PB278Q, also 27" and res 2560x1440 and it is phucking brilliant, love it, running my SLI so smooth

- after all this time i was not present and as much as i can see there is still no a single damn word about PC version ? not a ONE word ? my God ...

- Xerukal, please, don't spoil me, just tell me is it possible to buy safehouses and garages in GTA V (beside ones that you get by default) ?

You can buy bussines and garages.

Most of them have special stuff for you (you get money weekly or get cheaper car upgrades or get free taxi drives...)

There are a few (one for each) garages (still there are some) and a lot of other buildings ranging from barely few thousand dollars to buy to companys that cost over 100m to get. For companies you have to do missions for them to increase the money they pay you weekly ,or if you dont do them, get less money.

- no my friend, i don't care 'bout businesses and that kind of things, i like buying new houses (like in SA) with big garages, because i really like to save more than 4 or 8 cars during game ... that is what i've asked ... because i saw somewhere that buying residences with garages with 2 or 4 places for cars is available only in online mode, but in story mode i can only have few houses (with few i think i saw something 2 houses for each character) and i found that really disappointing, like it was disappointing with GTA IV where we didn't have any garage, nor some nice house ... i hope i'm wrong

- uh, smori me ovaj engleski

Sadly, you're not.  In detail, I think only Franklin has two normal residences throughout the story, and he leaves his old one in the hood of South Los Santos behind for a cozy one in Vinewood, and you can't go back to your old one.  Trevor I think is given a temporary apartment during part of the story, and can even use the strip club forever after finishing a certain mission, but that still only equals two permanent safehouses for Trevor (his trailer and the strip club).  Michael I think can use Trevor's trailer during part of the story, but that's also temporary; otherwise, Michael is limited to his family mansion in Rockford Hills.  Apparently, giving the characters the option to purchase and use any other safehouses "doesn't fit in well" with the story or the protagonists themselves (despite GTA V being a sandbox game), so they made the ability to purchase the vast majority of safehouses (most of which are apartments) exclusive to Online.  Hopefully this is one of the things that modmakers can and will fix.  However, we do get three purchasable garages for each character that can hold up to four cars each, not including the garages that come with the characters' personal safehouses.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

,,but still sad,,,, why pc always got delayed/behind the schedule,,,, wtf,,,so late to the party

i'm not hyped

How can something be delayed, when it wasn't even announced in the first place.

And this has been Rockstars strategy all the time since the 3D era.

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

- so many time has passed ... i've manage to fully upgrade my rig (well one more HDD and one more SSD is required but it'll wait) ... of course, monitor was the last thing, i went with Dell U2713HM (27" res 2560x1440) and i must tell it is total crap of monitor, full of cross hatching and backlight bleeding ... returned it and took ASUS PB278Q, also 27" and res 2560x1440 and it is phucking brilliant, love it, running my SLI so smooth

- after all this time i was not present and as much as i can see there is still no a single damn word about PC version ? not a ONE word ? my God ...

- Xerukal, please, don't spoil me, just tell me is it possible to buy safehouses and garages in GTA V (beside ones that you get by default) ?

You can buy bussines and garages.

Most of them have special stuff for you (you get money weekly or get cheaper car upgrades or get free taxi drives...)

There are a few (one for each) garages (still there are some) and a lot of other buildings ranging from barely few thousand dollars to buy to companys that cost over 100m to get. For companies you have to do missions for them to increase the money they pay you weekly ,or if you dont do them, get less money.

- no my friend, i don't care 'bout businesses and that kind of things, i like buying new houses (like in SA) with big garages, because i really like to save more than 4 or 8 cars during game ... that is what i've asked ... because i saw somewhere that buying residences with garages with 2 or 4 places for cars is available only in online mode, but in story mode i can only have few houses (with few i think i saw something 2 houses for each character) and i found that really disappointing, like it was disappointing with GTA IV where we didn't have any garage, nor some nice house ... i hope i'm wrong

- uh, smori me ovaj engleski

Sadly, you're not.  In detail, I think only Franklin has two normal residences throughout the story, and he leaves his old one in the hood of South Los Santos behind for a cozy one in Vinewood, and you can't go back to your old one.  Trevor I think is given a temporary apartment during part of the story, and can even use the strip club forever after finishing a certain mission, but that still only equals two permanent safehouses for Trevor (his trailer and the strip club).  Michael I think can use Trevor's trailer during part of the story, but that's also temporary; otherwise, Michael is limited to his family mansion in Rockford Hills.  Apparently, giving the characters the option to purchase and use any other safehouses "doesn't fit in well" with the story or the protagonists themselves (despite GTA V being a sandbox game), so they made the ability to purchase the vast majority of safehouses (most of which are apartments) exclusive to Online.  Hopefully this is one of the things that modmakers can and will fix.  However, we do get three purchasable garages for each character that can hold up to four cars each, not including the garages that come with the characters' personal safehouses.

- this is what i've been asking .. thanks for detailed answer

- well, i can handle that 4 cars per character + default garages (1 or 2 cars per character)

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

This week!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

I will get mad if there's nothing tuesday...
Btw, there's a chance of no PC announcement.

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

Everyone, this could be anything.

Think of it, even though they annotated the last sentence and used Bold, this could either hint towards a huge DLC for GTA 5, or Xbox One PS4 Version announcements or PC Version announcement IF we are lucky.

• BlackScout likes this

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by GTARandom, 10 December 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Everyone, this could be anything.

Think of it, even though they annotated the last sentence and used Bold, this could either hint towards a huge DLC for GTA 5, or Xbox One PS4 Version announcements or PC Version announcement IF we are lucky.

They said a while back they wouldn't do any big DLC's to scale EFLC ones any more so it has to be platform related - it's about time too... 

What makes it hopeless is that it's in section for 2014... so that means no announcement of anything big this year, judging by that statement - that doesn't mean they wont... it's just hard to predict

p.s. shame to see y'all stopped caring for the most part... so that means even if no PC announcement you guys are fine with it....

Spoiler

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

i bet there is still no pc announcement this month.

10 December or today are for Creators Beta.

Kokuei
  • Kokuei

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

Everyone getting excited after vague information that doesn't mean anything.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

This week!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Found this cool "machinima" about GTA V, damn trains, unstoppable.

• _FRANKENSTEIN_ likes this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

Still nothing, let's hope after the 17th they get permission to say something... I'm going back to Nassau.

• BlackScout likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by lh1, 10 December 2013 - 03:19 AM.

Plus much more still to be announced. This sounds like something, I am sure PC version included. Basically, expect Rockstar next gen game coming in 2015 instead of 2014.

I think Rockstar knows PC gamer hates DLCs a lot more than console gamer, so either they decided to release the PC version with all the DLCs, or they will get back to episodes format.

• BlackScout likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

Don't worry PC gamers, as a special gift, soon you'll be able to visit North Yankton through the miracle of mods. So that's right, you could be exploring an area out of GTAV before the game is even announced for PC! Shouldn't be too long before it's all set up and made available to download.
  • BlackScout likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Don't worry PC gamers, as a special gift, soon you'll be able to visit North Yankton through the miracle of mods. So that's right, you could be exploring an area out of GTAV before the game is even announced for PC! Shouldn't be too long before it's all set up and made available to download.

That's pretty amazing.

How, though? Through GTA 4? Through a standalone thing? 

(I blatantly lack experience in these things)

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by seventonblade, 10 December 2013 - 04:09 AM.

I use the Simple Native Trainer all the time when I play GTA IV, which, as one of its options, allows you to teleport to a whole store of saved locations through a menu.  I guess what you mean is that the author of an in-game trainer would be able to save a location in North Yankton during the respective mission, put it as an available teleport in the trainer (along with all the other locations in San Andreas), and then later after the story or between missions be able to use the teleport(s) as a way to go back and forth between San Andreas and North Yankton automatically and without being restricted by the story.

• BlackScout likes this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

Had a dream, GTA V, wake up, no GTA.

• BlackScout likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Xerukal is on the right path, it's being ported to GTA iv as a map mod, South San Andreas is too big to port to GTA iv but the map for North Yankton just about fits. Textures don't require much work other than repacking and models just need to be rigged which is already being done by more than one person. Hoping to push this out in time for X-mas, a nice snowy map made by Rockstar for gtav but available for you guys to explore this winter.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

Xerukal is on the right path, it's being ported to GTA iv as a map mod, South San Andreas is too big to port to GTA iv but the map for North Yankton just about fits. Textures don't require much work other than repacking and models just need to be rigged which is already being done by more than one person. Hoping to push this out in time for X-mas, a nice snowy map made by Rockstar for gtav but available for you guys to explore this winter.

This is perfect. Thanks so much to the guys that are doing this. 

Hope this gets Rockstar's attention, too. Maybe they'll post it on their Newswire or something. 

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by seventonblade, 10 December 2013 - 05:13 AM.

Hope this gets Rockstar's attention, too. Maybe they'll post it on their Newswire or something. 

Not likely.  In fact, I don't think they'll like to hear about it either.  This is basically uploading parts of *their* intellectual property for free download, which opens the door for piracy, even if it's only piracy of certain "parts" of a game and not the full product.  There are copyright issues that come with doing things like this, meaning that they might take action against it.

If you want this to be avoided, Ash, you're either going to have remake North Yankton in GTA IV's engine from scratch yourself, or you can keep using Rockstar's resources, upload that, and try to avoid getting Rockstar's attention as much as possible.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

It will be interesting to see, this is what I mean about doing something instead of bitching on a forum. Rock star HAVE took too long to announce a PC version at this point, so, the modding community is A LOT more advanced now than we were back when GTA IV first came out.

As I already said, the main map is just too big, it surpasses IV's limits but North Yankton can be just about squeezed in. Call it a preemptive strike. If Rock star are going to take so long to do this, then we will at least release something from the game for PC gamers to check out. It won't go beyond that, we can't give you the full map, but for now, here's that map the console gamers are clutching to get to.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:18 AM Edited by Xerukal, 10 December 2013 - 05:19 AM.

Not likely.  In fact, I don't think they'll like to hear about it either.  This is basically uploading parts of *their* intellectual property for free download, which opens the door for piracy, even if it's only piracy of certain "parts" of a game and not the full product.  There are copyright issues that come with doing things like this, meaning that they might take action against it.

If you want this to be avoided, Ash, you're either going to have remake North Yankton in GTA IV's engine from scratch yourself, or you can keep using Rockstar's resources, upload that, and try to avoid getting Rockstar's attention as much as possible.

Opens the door for piracy? How exactly? It's just a part of the map. Heck, not even the relevant in-game world that is largely explored. A sectioned off area that barely has anything going on in it.

If someone was porting HD era Los Santos into IV, that would be a problem. However, this is impossible.

But Yankton is hardly a thing. It can become living and breathing through mods. Placing peds and such, if at all possible. Since as I said, I mostly use mods and do not contribute too much to the creation of them out of inexperience.

Truly sad that the first thing people tend to think of when modders wish to do creative things with a game world are "copyright" and "legal issues". I realize I sound like I'm choking on Valve's decades long dick at this point, but just look at what happened with them releasing Half Life's code. 

Day of Defeat, Team Fortress and bloody Counter-Strike exist because of that. God forbid someone ports a tiny little lifeless section of land into the PC version of GTA IV. Instant labels of copyright and piracy. 

Welcome to the new world, am I right? 

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

We need a PC announcement Rockstar. Let it come asap :)

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:40 AM Edited by seventonblade, 10 December 2013 - 06:27 AM.

Opens the door for piracy? How exactly? It's just a part of the map. Heck, not even the relevant in-game world that is largely explored. A sectioned off area that barely has anything going on in it.

If someone was porting HD era Los Santos into IV, that would be a problem. However, this is impossible.

But Yankton is hardly a thing. It can become living and breathing through mods. Placing peds and such, if at all possible. Since as I said, I mostly use mods and do not contribute too much to the creation of them out of inexperience.

Truly sad that the first thing people tend to think of when modders wish to do creative things with a game world are "copyright" and "legal issues". I realize I sound like I'm choking on Valve's decades long dick at this point, but just look at what happened with them releasing Half Life's code. 

Day of Defeat, Team Fortress and bloody Counter-Strike exist because of that. God forbid someone ports a tiny little lifeless section of land into the PC version of GTA IV. Instant labels of copyright and piracy. 

Well truth is, as I remember it, this has been an issue before with some of Bethesda's games, and what I mean is that there have been mods before that have been uploaded on both the Steam Workshop and the Nexus who have gotten forcefully removed because they used "resources" from prequels or other games.  One mod, for instance, ported over several Oblivion weapons (yes, a few weapons of all things) to Skyrim that used the same models and textures from Oblivion, and that got removed for the exact reasons I mentioned.  And just like with Bethesda's engines, Rockstar's engines aren't exactly open source.  This is unlike the Source Engine, which, although it is in fact open-source, which is why third party users are given so much freedom with it, it only gives you the ability to use and modify the ENGINE without a license.  I don't think, however, that you are allowed to use resources which are specific to one of the Valve's games that are NOT part of the engine unless, of course, you make a modification that requires those game-specific resources to be provided by the game-in-question itself.  That means that if you want to upload, without any copyright issues, a GTA IV North Yankton mod that uses Rockstar's resources, it's likely going to have to require that those resources be consolidated or "borrowed" from an already installed copy of GTA V (PC), of which none exist yet.  That's how Source-Engine mods (GMOD included) and the mods for Bethesda's games work.

Know that I don't make the laws no matter how "restrictive" they may be, so don't assume I know the reasoning behind them.  And look, he can do whatever he wants; I just don't think Rockstar or any mod distributors who want to avoid legal trouble will allow him to distribute his mod freely.  He can test it though, but I just can't guarantee his success.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

Well truth is, as I remember it, this has been an issue before with some of Bethesda's games, and what I mean is that there have been mods before that have been uploaded on both the Steam Workshop and the Nexus who have gotten forcefully removed because they used "resources" from prequels or other games.  One mod, for instance, ported over several Oblivion weapons (yes, a few weapons of all things) to Skyrim that used the same models and textures from Oblivion, and that got removed for the exact reasons I mentioned.  And just like with Bethesda's engines, Rockstar's engines aren't exactly open source.  This is unlike the Source Engine, which is why third party users are given so much freedom with it.  Know that I don't make the laws no matter how "restrictive" they may be, so don't assume I know the reasoning behind them.  And look, he can do whatever he wants; I just don't think Rockstar or any mod distributors who wants to avoid legal trouble will allow him to distribute his mod freely.  He can test it though, but I just can't guarantee his success.

I understand. I remember that issue with the Workshop and Nexus, as well. 

I wasn't really wanting to sound hostile. Just very disappointed with how these things seem to be handled by the developers themselves. They really should relax a bit, for lack of a better expression. Different developers handle these things way differently, I suppose. 

The way things are looking now, though? Modding is an enormous part of the future for PC. Wasn't there a guy that Bungie hired that was a Skyrim modder? I know he made a very famous mod on the Nexus. Not sure which. 

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

You know that discussion for GTA V PC is intense when the number of pages is equal to that of your area code...

• Zer0w5 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:23 AM Edited by Xerukal, 10 December 2013 - 08:23 AM.

I'm going to devour my entire internet modem live on Twitch.tv if we hit  800 pages and we're not at least 2 months until the release of the PC version. 

Don't mark my words. 

• CarLuver69 likes this

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

You know that discussion for GTA V PC is intense when the number of pages is equal to that of your area code...

I giggled a bit.

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

I'm going to devour my entire internet modem live on Twitch.tv if we hit  800 pages and we're not at least 2 months until the release of the PC version. 

Don't mark my words. 

Your words have been marked and noted. Failure to comply will result in your termination. End of message-

• Little Red Nurgling likes this

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

f*ck the world.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by Xerukal, 10 December 2013 - 08:27 AM.

I keep looking at this fake image of GTA V on Steam to somewhat satisfy my hunger...

http://i.imgur.com/CaVUwM1.jpg 

Not mine, obviously.

It looks... it looks so real :(

• Zer0w5 and BlackScout like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users