PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by Mr.Aaron, 25 November 2013 - 05:11 AM.

If you dont have a console there Will be some good deals on consoles for Black Friday. I picked up the PS3 bundled with the last of us and batman origins for $200. If you can't wait for the PC version its worth it. The game is definitely worth it.

I haven't even played my Xbox one that much since I've been playing GTA and the last of us.
  • Tashan likes this

Zeb89
  • Zeb89

Digital Artist

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

Made a video about the whole GTA V on PC issue.

https://www.youtube....h?v=1d3RMQ2kUi4

• Tashan and Platinum2 like this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

PC always gets the best version to other platforms. Looking at the amount of patch updates and the desired basic elements the more we wait, the better will be it's end result. I am pretty sure Rockstar has great plans for future PC release.

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

Meanwhile

kj0wmo8bhcbjtfy67vxa.png

PC

Star_Citizen_Screenshot_1.jpg

Star_Citizen_Screenshot_3.jpg

Xbox 360:

black-screen.jpg

Holy crap what game IS THAT

Star Citizen. Developed only for PC and is the most successfull crowd-funding project of all time. Just reached $30 millions. Check it out here https://robertsspace.../about-the-game

And yes, this is what the actual game will look like.

• Mega and PlasmaFLOW like this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:51 AM Edited by Tashan, 25 November 2013 - 09:52 AM.

^ incredible!.. Just wow.

Raw power, unchallenged customization and an open system: why would we choose anything other than the PC? Star Citizen aims to return PC gaming to its former glory by taking advantage of the platform's incredible strengths. Star Citizen will feature constant content updates, fully equipped modding tools and the ability for players to host their own custom servers. The full range of PC peripherals will be embraced, from HOTAS flight sticks to the Oculus Rift; you have control over how you play the game!

This is insane. I would love to stay close to the updates on Kickstarter for this gem of a game.

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

^ incredible!.. Just wow.

Raw power, unchallenged customization and an open system: why would we choose anything other than the PC? Star Citizen aims to return PC gaming to its former glory by taking advantage of the platform's incredible strengths. Star Citizen will feature constant content updates, fully equipped modding tools and the ability for players to host their own custom servers. The full range of PC peripherals will be embraced, from HOTAS flight sticks to the Oculus Rift; you have control over how you play the game!

This is insane. I would love to stay close to the updates on Kickstarter for this gem of a game.

wrong site to follow them lol... they are now have just received 30 millions 2 days ago, and you just missed 1 year anniversary sale event, actually today is the last day but you cannot just buy the today sale items and get the entire package, not to mention today's ship sale is $200 lol, yep $200 for a ship without the game.

I've just backed SC myself few days ago with the best bang for the buck package that cost me $55 with a rather crappy ship.

• Tashan likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

This is crazy. Unbelievable. After reading through the project it feels like no words to express. This takes PC gaming to whole new level.. Great Project. Can't wait.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

What's the point of waiting for a few extra stuff which no one cares about? I just want to experience the main game. You know what, I don't even care If It's a poorly optimized port, I'll upgrade my PC or whatever but the fact that console users have been playing for over two months now is f*cking eating me. I just want to play the game right f*cking now!

And no, I have no plans to buy a console, Steam is my true platform.

But look at the complaints from console gamers, lack of interiors and things to do after finishing the game, these DLC packs are changing that, adding new interiors and things to do in the game, so when PC Gamers get it, they won't have these complaints and the agme will be more impressive from the get go.

Somehow your post is inferring that a PC is not capable enough to have more than a few interiors loaded up in the memory (along with rendering the point lights and other physical objects inside it). What makes you think that the PC version won't have all that at launch, anyway? TLAD's files were included with the PC version of GTA IV. Hell, some modders even made some vehicles available to drive.

...You completely mis-read me, where did you even get that from???

What I'm saying is, if the PC version comes AFTER the DLC packs, then all the DLC will be included in the game right away, naturally, UNLIKE the consoles where additional vehicles are ONLY available to the players. When the PC version comes around, these extra vehicles and weapons can be naturally added to the game as normal spawns. And thus improving the overall experience as PC players would be seeing more different types of vehicles spawn in the correct areas, etc, along with the additional weapons being scattered on the map to instead of just auro-appearing in the players inventory.

My apologies for the misinterpretation, that's why I said your post was "inferring", anyway, makes sense. But my previous counter, well, counters your current argument. We can always rely on mods and sh*t.

• BlackScout likes this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Rockstar, you NEED to push forward!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

So? Any more clues for a PC Version or still nothing???

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

The game "Star Citizen" looks very cool and all but I don't think the game's style is appealing for majority of gamers. It looks like a game only enthusiasts would be desperate to buy, also you'll probable need a high end hardware to truly enjoy It's beauty and I have no money for this, sorry but I rather stick with simple games than this.

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

This is crazy. Unbelievable. After reading through the project it feels like no words to express. This takes PC gaming to whole new level.. Great Project. Can't wait.

Yeah, it´s amazing alright. It´ll be the epitome of PC gaming. They will also fully support AMD´s Mantle as well as OCULUS RIFT :) The dogfighting alpha will be released some time in December this year, and for now we have the "Hangar Module" where we can run around in our very own hangar and check out our ships.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

The game "Star Citizen" looks very cool and all but I don't think the game's style is appealing for majority of gamers. It looks like a game only enthusiasts would be desperate to buy, also you'll probable need a high end hardware to truly enjoy It's beauty and I have no money for this, sorry but I rather stick with simple games than this.

You should read the entire project FAQ. There is something for every one plus the game is expected for a release around Q1 2015. A lot will change till then. There is a huge content solely for single player game as well. It's too early to decide on it but with updates coming up a lot will improve.

NcodR
  • NcodR

Sorry, my English isn't good..

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Look what I found: http://www.eurogamer...anis-canem-edit
Bully 2 - rockstar next game?
984t.jpg
Sorry for offtopic

• TaviColen123 and Platinum2 like this

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Does anyone here still play GTA IV multiplayer?

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

I remember HL3 :cry:

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Holy crap what game IS THAT

Star Citizen 

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Does anyone here still play GTA IV multiplayer?

I play it sometimes. However I like TBoGTs MP more.

Also now Im kinda geeked into AC IV.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Star Citizen. Developed only for PC and is the most successfull crowd-funding project of all time. Just reached $30 millions. Check it out here https://robertsspace.../about-the-game

And yes, this is what the actual game will look like.

Well the game is still in early Alpha, and Chris Roberts said he wants to push PC hardware to the limit like Crysis did when it first released.

It will be optimized by release. I can run the unoptimized early alpha hanger module on very high with 30-40 fps on my crappy 2010 i5 and GTX 760. Plus by the time it's released I'll have a new CPU.

The game will definitely improve in terms of graphics by then.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 25 November 2013 - 03:36 PM.

Crappy GTX 760 :lol: , that's why console users think PC gamers are arrogant.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by brootalperry, 25 November 2013 - 05:18 PM.

I called my i5 crappy. Not my GTX 760.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by Mr.Aaron, 25 November 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Yeah, it´s amazing alright. It´ll be the epitome of PC gaming. They will also fully support AMD´s Mantle as well as OCULUS RIFT :) The dogfighting alpha will be released some time in December this year, and for now we have the "Hangar Module" where we can run around in our very own hangar and check out our ships.
Epitome of PC gaming, riiiiiiiight. But as long as people get enjoyment from it that's what matters.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Epitome of PC gaming, riiiiiiiight. But as long as people get enjoyment from it that's what matters.

Crysis was the epitome of PC gaming for awhile. Then The Witcher 2. Star Citizen will be the next.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 25 November 2013 - 05:32 PM.

I called my i5 crappy. Not my GTX 760.

i5 isn't crappy at all, I'm using i3 2100 now and It's still okay, games are more GPU dependant nowadays.

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

1459155_10152078492430097_692584603_n.jp

http://www.rockstarg...x-and-more.html

will be an image on your PC, is beginning

LUK4
  • LUK4

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by LUK4, 25 November 2013 - 06:11 PM.

http://t0.gstatic.co...Z9DhHfdQ1C187_P

MisterBubbles
  • MisterBubbles

Gta V Pc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

I hope my pc can handle gta v

px6 1075t 3.0ghz + Gtx560 +6gb

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by PlasmaFLOW, 25 November 2013 - 08:05 PM.

f*ck Rockstar.

Thats all I can think about right now.

• BlackScout likes this

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

The modders will make it 1000000 times better than the unimaginative fa**ots at cockstar ever could. LSPDFR!!!!!
  • PlasmaFLOW likes this

Blanc
  • Blanc

Nevah fak wif Dolan!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I recognized that R*'s announcements are usually on tuesdays. So maybe we are getting new information tomorrow!? In the meanwhile I am going to spam R* and the developers @Twitter.
  • yonatan755, BlackScout and bindik like this

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

I recognized that R*'s announcements are usually on tuesdays. So maybe we are getting new information tomorrow!? In the meanwhile I am going to spam R* and the developers @Twitter.

If you get an answer post it here.
even if it's another "no info to share but we hear you loud and clear"
  • BlackScout likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users