PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:03 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 24 November 2013 - 06:03 PM.

What's the point of waiting for a few extra stuff which no one cares about? I just want to experience the main game. You know what, I don't even care If It's a poorly optimized port, I'll upgrade my PC or whatever but the fact that console users have been playing for over two months now is f*cking eating me. I just want to play the game right f*cking now!

And no, I have no plans to buy a console, Steam is my true platform.

• Tashan likes this

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

I don't know if it was mentioned here, but i for one, am not looking forward for a PC Release of GTAV, since i really doubt Rockstar will implement/allow modding.

1. The SP/MP are tied together with the same files 

2. They already have problems with the netcode, when everyone's using the same files.

3. Rockstar might check for modded files after the "glitch disaster" on consoles.

So in the end (if its somehow possible to mod) you will have to decide to use mods in SP only and not being able to play MP or play MP without mods.

In addition to that, i think a release for PC and next-gen consoles won't be happening until those big problems on current gen consoles are eliminated and a few more DLC's were provided.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

I don't know what to do, and its only 2 weeks until I finish school (I'm in Argentina and its almost summer here). I really want to play GTA V in my vacations and I think I'll have to buy it on discount for christmas... for...

XBOX 360 :cry:

:cry:
Dude, PC is the future! In 2 years there will be VR headsets with 4k displays available for affordable prices, so everyone will buy one and guess what?! Consoles won't have VR headset support due to their lack of power, so this gen will die much faster than the previous gen.
PC>Console always!!!!
  • Tashan and PlasmaFLOW like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

What's the point of waiting for a few extra stuff which no one cares about? I just want to experience the main game. You know what, I don't even care If It's a poorly optimized port, I'll upgrade my PC or whatever but the fact that console users have been playing for over two months now is f*cking eating me. I just want to play the game right f*cking now!

But look at the complaints from console gamers, lack of interiors and things to do after finishing the game, these DLC packs are changing that, adding new interiors and things to do in the game, so when PC Gamers get it, they won't have these complaints and the agme will be more impressive from the get go.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

But look at the complaints from console gamers, lack of interiors and things to do after finishing the game, these DLC packs are changing that, adding new interiors and things to do in the game, so when PC Gamers get it, they won't have these complaints and the agme will be more impressive from the get go.

But afaik these DLCs are free right? So what's the problem, we can wait for updates?

• Murray Bunyan likes this

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

I don't know if it was mentioned here, but i for one, am not looking forward for a PC Release of GTAV, since i really doubt Rockstar will implement/allow molding.

1. The SP/MP are tied together with the same files 
2. They already have problems with the netcode, when everyone's using the same files.
3. Rockstar might check for modded files after the "glitch disaster" on consoles.

So in the end (if its somehow possible to mod) you will have to decide to use mods in SP only and not being able to play MP or play MP without mods.

In addition to that, i think a release for PC and next-gen consoles won't be happening until those big problems on current gen consoles are eliminated and a few more DLC's were provided.

That's depressing.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Agree. A lot of guys here don't have a console or can't afford it.

Doesn`t make a lof of sense since if someone can affod a decent PC then he probably can also aford a console. The reason why a lot of people here don`t have a console is because they like to play with keyboard and mouse (including me) or don`t want to buy a console for 1 game. While I am playing GTA5 on my xbox, I can`t wait for PC version, mods always make the SP more fun. The only concern about GTA5 PC is that there will be insane amount of modders/hackers online and R* won`t give a sh*t, because they are focusing on consoles. :(

In my country, console games are f*ckING expensive, the console is really cheaper than PC's. Nothing too big. Console: 800 - 1200 PC: 1000+ *i3 3220 4gb ram 500gb HD*
Here it's more worth buying a PC, cause at least Steam games doesn't have stupid taxes as console games.
Yea man.
In my country console games are aboht 75~85 dollars, but you can buy cd keys for steam for 35~ 40 dollar.
That's a really huge diffrence.
And when I say 40 dollars I talk about big AAA games.

Console games here go from 100 - 300. The maximum i've ever seen for a Steam game HERE was 135 / Arma III. BO2 is 109, but the medium price is 50 - 90.
Dollars?
Wow man that's exoensive as f*ck.
you should buy games by cd keys.
There are some great sites like Greenmangaming.
Its cheap and 100% secure.

No, it's on "Real" my currency.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

This is just making me want to play the game even more to try out all this crazy sh*t. 

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Leak pics from PC version

937475-gta2multi.jpg

• KaKaja and bindik like this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

This is just making me want to play the game even more to try out all this crazy sh*t.

What about this one ?
  • PlasmaFLOW likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

1987_EC, on 24 Nov 2013 - 7:16 PM, said:

Minion., on 24 Nov 2013 - 2:55 PM, said:

PC version would be a waste.

the only waste here is the garbage console versions of GTA V..

Going by your signature if you really think that GTA V is gong to be compatible with the Oculus Rift when is going to come out on PC you really are out of your f*cking mind .

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

937475-gta2multi.jpg

Nothing ENB can't fix... and some... very... extreme extensive modding... ah nevermind.

bindik
  • bindik

Yolo Swagger Master Yolo 420 Blaze It No Scope 360

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Meanwhile

kj0wmo8bhcbjtfy67vxa.png

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

937475-gta2multi.jpg

Nothing ENB can't fix... and some... very... extreme extensive modding... ah nevermind.

Please be aware that this is the ALPHA / BETA version... not final... ;)

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Meanwhile

kj0wmo8bhcbjtfy67vxa.png

Not really. Only if you think it from the normal people point of view.

If you were Rockstar you'd probably have it for PC and be laughing at this thread. I mean its REALLY obvious its already been developed and Rockstar just don't want to announce it.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by BlackScout, 24 November 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Meanwhile

kj0wmo8bhcbjtfy67vxa.png

Not really. Only if you think it from the normal people point of view.

If you were Rockstar you'd probably have it for PC and be laughing at this thread. I mean its REALLY obvious its already been developed and Rockstar just don't want to announce it.

Yeah. That's such of a ridiculous non-sense post. It's obvious that the PC version is coming, he's just trying to attract attention.
The assets on iFruit Android and iOS app are a good proof, AMD drivers too, and even that suspicious version log indicating a PC version.

^
|
|
|
Brazil?

Yes.

.im from brazil too   :colgate:

Hahaha, legal :D. *legal = nice*

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

1987_EC, on 24 Nov 2013 - 7:16 PM, said:

Minion., on 24 Nov 2013 - 2:55 PM, said:

PC version would be a waste.

the only waste here is the garbage console versions of GTA V..

Going by your signature if you really think that GTA V is gong to be compatible with the Oculus Rift when is going to come out on PC you really are out of your f*cking mind .

have you heard about the power of mods...its can do wonders :)

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Meanwhile

kj0wmo8bhcbjtfy67vxa.png

Damn, you're right. Those road textures ARE muddy. 

Thanks for the comparison. Never would've noticed that without it!

lord sh...t-head
  • lord sh...t-head

Lord

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Meanwhile

kj0wmo8bhcbjtfy67vxa.png

That picture looks exactly like GTA IV lol

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Meanwhile

kj0wmo8bhcbjtfy67vxa.png

PC

Star_Citizen_Screenshot_1.jpg

Star_Citizen_Screenshot_3.jpg

Xbox 360:

black-screen.jpg

• Murray Bunyan likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by brootalperry, 24 November 2013 - 10:46 PM.

937475-gta2multi.jpg

No thanks. I can play this instead

GTAIV_shot01_640.jpg

You trolls aren't trying hard enough. 

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

937475-gta2multi.jpg

No thanks. I can play this instead

GTAIV_shot01_640.jpg

You trolls aren't trying hard enough. 

Awesome *-*

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

Somehow your post is inferring that a PC is not capable enough to have more than a few interiors loaded up in the memory (along with rendering the point lights and other physical objects inside it). What makes you think that the PC version won't have all that at launch, anyway? TLAD's files were included with the PC version of GTA IV. Hell, some modders even made some vehicles available to drive.

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

-- Mr. Big Face called R* we are still waiting for your game, and we are still willing to give you time until New Year's eve !!!

- ok, let me introduce you my 2 kids, my 2 gameplay grounds, on the right side is my little girl, she's 11 months old and her name is Minja and on the left side, is my recently, newly upgraded big boy, partly new, partly bit old, and his name is Gamer :)

900x900px-LL-d9d537cb_DSCN0393.jpeg

• yonatan755 likes this

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Meanwhile

kj0wmo8bhcbjtfy67vxa.png

PC

Star_Citizen_Screenshot_1.jpg

Star_Citizen_Screenshot_3.jpg

Xbox 360:

black-screen.jpg

Holy crap what game IS THAT

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by yonatan755, 25 November 2013 - 12:11 AM.

-- Mr. Big Face called R* we are still waiting for your game, and we are still willing to give you time until New Year's eve !!!

- ok, let me introduce you my 2 kids, my 2 gameplay grounds, on the right side is my little girl, she's 11 months old and her name is Minja and on the left side, is my recently, newly upgraded big boy, partly new, partly bit old, and his name is Gamer :)
900x900px-LL-d9d537cb_DSCN0393.jpeg

Looking at this post again I act like an assholee, sorry but I really didn't mean ti insult, only to joke a bit.
sorry man

(Insult/joke edited)

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

Somehow your post is inferring that a PC is not capable enough to have more than a few interiors loaded up in the memory (along with rendering the point lights and other physical objects inside it). What makes you think that the PC version won't have all that at launch, anyway? TLAD's files were included with the PC version of GTA IV. Hell, some modders even made some vehicles available to drive.

...You completely mis-read me, where did you even get that from???

What I'm saying is, if the PC version comes AFTER the DLC packs, then all the DLC will be included in the game right away, naturally, UNLIKE the consoles where additional vehicles are ONLY available to the players. When the PC version comes around, these extra vehicles and weapons can be naturally added to the game as normal spawns. And thus improving the overall experience as PC players would be seeing more different types of vehicles spawn in the correct areas, etc, along with the additional weapons being scattered on the map to instead of just auro-appearing in the players inventory.

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

- yonatan, no worries bro, i understood that, you didn't need to edit anything :)

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

...You completely mis-read me, where did you even get that from???

What I'm saying is, if the PC version comes AFTER the DLC packs, then all the DLC will be included in the game right away, naturally, UNLIKE the consoles where additional vehicles are ONLY available to the players. When the PC version comes around, these extra vehicles and weapons can be naturally added to the game as normal spawns. And thus improving the overall experience as PC players would be seeing more different types of vehicles spawn in the correct areas, etc, along with the additional weapons being scattered on the map to instead of just auro-appearing in the players inventory.

IOW, a GOTY edition. :nervous:

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by Xerukal, 25 November 2013 - 04:42 AM.

Would definitely wait for a GOTY edition of the game for PC. All the content and fixes nicely packed into one price tag. 

Release date isn't that big of a deal for me personally. Just need an announcement and confirmation as fast as possible. Then I can finally rest easy with a colossal load off my chest. 

• Tashan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users