Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm starting to think we could get an announcement when both next-gen consoles are released in Europe.

Exactly. Whatever contract that Sony and MS put on Rockstar should end by this month. Surely, they won't want it to extend beyond the release of their next-gen consoles? They merely wanted to boost sales for their 7th gen consoles before releasing the 8th and GTA V seemed the perfect opportunity.

If nothing gets announced, will this at least put an end to this insane "exclusive contract" that Sony and Microsoft worked together on to screw over PC gamers which isn't mentioned ANYWHERE else on the internet just here in this thread, on GTAForums.

Actually;

http://www.pcgamer.c...sive-very-long/

"Somebody paid a lot of money to make sure that title was exclusive,” 

That's where most of this "MS and Sony paid them" talk came from, in fact.

So because the Intel overlords think that, all PC gamers think that? :p Despite the fact that Intel AND nvidia are openly negative about consoles (also due to AMD being picked by both Microsoft and Sony and more Sony working with AMD to help developed the APU further, etc).

Intel screwed over Microsoft with the original Xbox and Nvidia screwed over Sony with the PS3, so yeah, both parties, who now work very close together, have reasons to throw hate towards the consoles, and just like Sony/Microsoft/Console fanboys, you guys lap up what your overlords say as gospel. I mean, come on, hah.

Salty Salt Lakes run through this thread of Salt.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Anything new?

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by Xerukal, 16 November 2013 - 09:24 AM.

I'm starting to think we could get an announcement when both next-gen consoles are released in Europe.

Exactly. Whatever contract that Sony and MS put on Rockstar should end by this month. Surely, they won't want it to extend beyond the release of their next-gen consoles? They merely wanted to boost sales for their 7th gen consoles before releasing the 8th and GTA V seemed the perfect opportunity.

If nothing gets announced, will this at least put an end to this insane "exclusive contract" that Sony and Microsoft worked together on to screw over PC gamers which isn't mentioned ANYWHERE else on the internet just here in this thread, on GTAForums.

Actually;

http://www.pcgamer.c...sive-very-long/

"Somebody paid a lot of money to make sure that title was exclusive,” 

That's where most of this "MS and Sony paid them" talk came from, in fact.

So because the Intel overlords think that, all PC gamers think that? :p Despite the fact that Intel AND nvidia are openly negative about consoles (also due to AMD being picked by both Microsoft and Sony and more Sony working with AMD to help developed the APU further, etc).

Intel screwed over Microsoft with the original Xbox and Nvidia screwed over Sony with the PS3, so yeah, both parties, who now work very close together, have reasons to throw hate towards the consoles, and just like Sony/Microsoft/Console fanboys, you guys lap up what your overlords say as gospel. I mean, come on, hah.

Salty Salt Lakes run through this thread of Salt.

Perhaps you should stop positioning yourself on a higher pedestal of sorts. You're here with us in this thread. There is no need for the type of hostility your post hints at. As much as you seem to love to bash this thread.

Noone here considers Intel any kind of "Overlord". It was simply very interesting to see and it sparked a lot of mainstream news sites to copy-paste it/make videos about it. So people just latched onto it as it was a subject. Nothing more. 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Except people here DID take it as gospel, as you STILL have peple bringing up this mysterious contract forged in the sands where Microsoft and Sony united to say f*ck YOU to PC gamers, and the source of this is Intel, who screwed over console makers and have now been shunned by the Top 3 as they use and help develop a rival format and standard. Yep, can't see anything wrong with that, next week, let's get some advice from Microsoft on whether if we should buy a PlayStation 4, I'm sure they won't lie or bend the truth for some unknown reasons. :p:D

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:31 AM Edited by Xerukal, 16 November 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Except people here DID take it as gospel, as you STILL have peple bringing up this mysterious contract forged in the sands where Microsoft and Sony united to say f*ck YOU to PC gamers, and the source of this is Intel, who screwed over console makers and have now been shunned by the Top 3 as they use and help develop a rival format and standard. Yep, can't see anything wrong with that, next week, let's get some advice from Microsoft on whether if we should buy a PlayStation 4, I'm sure they won't lie or bend the truth for some unknown reasons. :p :D

Bringing it up doesn't automatically mean they treat it as the word of god, though. Is that not pure assumption at work? 

It's pretty evident there is desperation in this thread. People can bring up dead subjects to create new (albeit false and unnecessary) discussions. I don't know why it matters so much anymore, really. 

In other news; I'm surprised no news/game journalist sites covered that tweet John R Diaz responded with to that on guy asking about the PC version. "We hear you guys loud and clear" is a pretty big step up from a bunch of very loud crickets in the night. 

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

Wheres the actual tweet and when did he said that?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Basically, you wern't here, but this whole thing reminds me of GTA IV on PC. For MONTHS we had the exact same sh*t, Cockstar this, Cockstar that, WTF were they thinking, How DARE they abandon PC, they've left it too long I'm gonna pirate it, OMFG THEY WILL NEVER ANNOUNCE IT, FFS COCKSTARS WHEN IS IT COMING, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

And then the game was announced and released a few months later.

Where as here, we have more evidence they're working on a PC version, all we have to do is wait, even IF it takes he same amount of time to surface as GTA IV did, it's been worked on for longer, so in theory, it SHOULD be better overall like Max Payne 3 was on PC. Be calm, wait, GTAV is pretty awesome, but I can't wait to see what mods will be done for it.

• Luna Lovegood, Nick Testbranch and TaviColen123 like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Wheres the actual tweet and when did he said that?

https://twitter.com/ElKingpin

930dc07adb.png

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:37 AM Edited by TovarishchToNy, 16 November 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Is that guy from R* or something?

Edit: Nvm video game designer but thanks for posting the tweet

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

Is that guy from R* or something?

Edit: Nvm video game designer but thanks for posting the tweet

He is. Not a fake of any kind, in case you are concerned.

• TovarishTony likes this

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Well you gave me some hope on that tweet eh

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

... but we hear you guys loud and clear ... 

MO6qgvJ.gif

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:27 AM Edited by Xerukal, 16 November 2013 - 11:28 AM.

... but we hear you guys loud and clear ... 

MO6qgvJ.gif

Indeed.

The screams and cries are heard. The demand for a PC version is evident to them. Only a matter of time. As if it were ever not a matter of such time...

• Tashan likes this

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

So it's almost 2 months since release of console version on 17th of september. Wouldn't 17th of november be a nice date to announce pc version and release in december of january? I would do that if i was R*, at least then the pc version would be released 'just' 3 months after console release. But even if PC version isn't announced in november, i would still be happy with  a late 2013 PC version announcement with better graphics, better optimized SP and MP and hopefully with the extra DLC. After the crappy GTA IV port, R* showed that they could make a good optimized game for PC (Max Payne 3) with the new engine. 

Tomson21
  • Tomson21

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

no gta this year, that's fo sure. i guess, that we've got at least 6 months of waiting guys..

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

So it's almost 2 months since release of console version on 17th of september. Wouldn't 17th of november be a nice date to announce pc version and release in december of january? I would do that if i was R*, at least then the pc version would be released 'just' 3 months after console release. But even if PC version isn't announced in november, i would still be happy with  a late 2013 PC version announcement with better graphics, better optimized SP and MP and hopefully with the extra DLC. After the crappy GTA IV port, R* showed that they could make a good optimized game for PC (Max Payne 3) with the new engine. 

If it was announced on release day, that would harm the potential sales over the next few days.

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by TheGreyWolf, 16 November 2013 - 01:46 PM.

But then why was it said (by who?) that R* would shorten the time (months) between console and PC release. So that was also a rumor?

So you  guys think early 2014 announcement and april/may release? At that time i wouldn't even be thinking about GTA V with Watch Dogs and other games coming out...

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 16 November 2013 - 02:15 PM.

But then why was it said (by who?) that R* would shorten the time (months) between console and PC release. So that was also a rumor?

So you  guys think early 2014 announcement and april/may release? At that time i wouldn't even be thinking about GTA V with Watch Dogs and other games coming out...

They said that for Max Payne 3, but it was stupid statement. Release one game in same month, then next one 6 months apart or something like that.

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

They said that for Max Payne 3, but it was stupid statement. Release one game in same month, then next one 6 months apart or something like that.

It's like men in black: R* is on Centaurian time. :))

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

....may be Rockstar wants to announce after Watch Dogs date of release till than they just seem relaxing and going nuts over GTAO ..

Damn u Ubisoft delaying Watch Dogs and take away the slim chance for Rockstar to actually hurry up for an early release...

dex3108
  • dex3108

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

What to expect from company that doesn't answer serious questions at all. This is what i asked R* couple days ago, and answer that i have received. Case is marked solved on R* Support after they answered me. 

dex3108, Nov 11 04:31 am (EST):
Hi i just want to ask you will you convert GTA IV to Steamworks because GFWL will not work anymore?

Jonathon B., Nov 15 01:22 am (EST):

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate any feedback from fans of our games. If you have any other suggestions or concerns we would be glad to hear them--I'll make sure the correct action and consideration are taken with them.If you have any other questions or technical issues please let us know.

Best Regards,

Jon B

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Amazing reply hats off rockstar!!... Perhaps they are still busy counting cash and have no time to spare for the interest due and outstanding.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

You have lots of free time to write that long ass post, didn't you? Too long to read it.

I'm not butthurt or whatever what is hurt. It is a true fact the game runs choppy on the PS3 and BlackScouth

commented it also runs choppy on his X360. Sure that "people who plays GTAV on consoles loves choppy gameplay" went a bit overboard

but it wasn't targeted at console players. There was no "console players who plays GTAV on consoles loves choppy gameplay"

GTAV really looks beautiful on the consoles, I can't lie and must admit but the choppy gameplay is just, not good.

And finally GTAV has nice looking sunrays.

Waiting a few months is okay, it's perfect, but 8 month? No.

It took me only about five minutes to write all of that. I'm a fast writer. It is nice that you're owning up to going a bit too far on your comments, but it's really only choppy at certain times. For me, it's run pretty smooth and I was happy with it. And who says it'll be an eight month wait? I'm expecting an announcement anytime between December and February, and the game to come out at about Q2. So maybe it'll be close to an eight month wait, but it shouldn't be that hard.

Anyway, a little reading that I posted above should subdue you for a few minutes, mate. The fact you're not going to read all of it is a real shame. I even made nice paragraphs for you so you wouldn't have trouble reading the lines.

I took the time read your long post. Why do you think I think you are a PS3 fanboy?

I own a PS3 but I very rarely play on it, my little brother is happy with it. And about GTAV on the PS3, it was mostly ch o o o o ppy

in the city. And when hiding in the woods to escape from the cops, the FPS really goes choppy.

The bushes looked too detailed in my opinion The rest looks great, I wanted to see the countryside and the sunsets are great there.

The reason I can't/don't play GTAV on consoles is because I'm totally sh*t at the controller.

Too bad I bought a bad monitor and now I have to live with it. It's an Asus VK248H.

I really like glossy screen and I'm used to it. I wonder how GTAV will look on it. The Asus has a matte screen

I wonder why GTA V is choppy for you. I only get choppy problems with it during large explosions or certain cutscenes. Anyway, at least we've ended the insults. Truce, mate?

I'm gonna call you a Zenith Gamespace fanboy. (sorry if you don't get that joke, it was a recent Onion article that I found amusing)

No, you understood me wrong. It's on HIS PS3, not mine. And I haven't played GTAV, nor I want.

It's the PS3 of my neighbor. It was choppy when in the city, and it was smooth when in countryside.

Valesco
  • Valesco

hai

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

any news for today?

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_, 16 November 2013 - 07:51 PM.

Nope.
Like always...

artur04c
  • artur04c

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

w chuja lecą i tyle kurwa powiem na ten temat. mają wypierdolone w nas

przepraszam, że musicie to tłumaczyć, ale co zrobić. ps tu jest polska i tu sie pije i nie chce mi sie tłumaczyć tego :D

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Talk English^

Eggtooth
  • Eggtooth

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

People who play GTAV on consoles loves choppy gameplay.

Our neighbour showed us some GTAV gameplay on his PS3 and, it was daaaaaaamn ch o o o o o ppy!

Man, f*ck that sh*t. It was laggy as sh*t.

Ffs R*, release that damn GTAV PC!

That my friends is a "f*ck you" to console gamers according to this duchebag. 

hmmm, Choppy Gameplay Vs. Not being able to play it at all.

And that is my "f*ck you too" reply to this duche.

Im sure not all PC gamers are like this (Hell im a pc gamer and i dont even know the difference between DX11 and DX9 and frankly i dont give a damn)

Im sure this is just some random ass troll that just wants to wined people up to a flame war.

People must be stupid (As in video Nerd Plays... GTA V) to skip game like this. People who skip gem like GTA because of graphics and lower resolution need a mental check. Of course that doesn't apply to people who genuinely doesn't want console and doesn't want to play it now. I am just saying about those PC "gamers" who happen to hate game on consoles due to graphics not being as good as on PC. I got Xbox 360 for free, and I got my GTA V copy. I don't regret by any means playing it on 360, it was choppy, right, but playable, and I had tons of fun. I will surely pick up the improved version on PC even after completing the story on 360.

We are all gamers and platform should not make us argue. Our goal is to have fun with games, and it doesn't matter which platform you use to play games you enjoy. I have console, and I have PC. So what? Does it make me peasant? No. It makes the person who call me a peasant the real peasant. I enjoy games on both platforms despite it ups and downs.

There is one thing I hate in this world. Haters who hate something for their joy.

• sly1286, jatiger13 and TaviColen123 like this

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

przepraszam, że musicie to tłumaczyć, ale co zrobić. ps tu jest polska i tu sie pije i nie chce mi sie tłumaczyć tego :D

What is this sh*t?? Polish??
Its an english forum, idiot

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Cholera koleś.. Talk English :/  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users