• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

The usual gap between one version and the other was because of the PORTING, this time I'm convinced there won't be a port and the PC version is being made alongside the consoles. If this is true there is no need for the extra months.

The thing is, never before there were so many leaks from retailers about a PC version so early. Which means they know of their existence and that isn't far away from being released.

And the ones that probably are aware of it, all have TBA 2013, IGN, Amazon... why not just TBA?

Anyway these tidbits keep me entertained while waiting.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 22:24)
The usual gap between one version and the other was because of the PORTING, this time I'm convinced there won't be a port and the PC version is being made alongside the consoles. If this is true there is no need for the extra months.

The thing is, never before there were so many leaks from retailers about a PC version so early. Which means they know of their existence and that isn't far away from being released.

And the ones that probably are aware of it, all have TBA 2013, IGN, Amazon... why not just TBA?

Exactly my thoughts, dude. Too many retailers now got GTA V PC version on their list. Damn it, You can even already pre-order PC version of GTA V from few retailers. It's first time (I think) this happening with GTA game. Either PC version is being made alongside the consoles or Rockstar porting it now. Just before Max Payne 3 release, Rockstar said that they will give more attention to PC players of every big game. I think they have learned from their mistakes and will do a great job transfering GTA V to PC. Now the questions is: ported game or made simultaneously with consoles.

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Friday, May 24 2013, 16:27)
QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 22:24)

Exactly my thoughts, dude. Too many retailers now got GTA V PC version on their list. Damn it, You can even already pre-order PC version of GTA V from few retailers. It's first time (I think) this happening with GTA game. Either PC version is being made alongside the consoles or Rockstar porting it now. Just before Max Payne 3 release, Rockstar said that they will give more attention to PC players of every big game. I think they have learned from their mistakes and will do a great job transfering GTA V to PC. Now the questions is: ported game or made simultaneously with consoles.

Yup, 100% what I think.

That site leaked the special edition contents SPECIFICALLY along with the PC version, at the same time, so they obviously know something.

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

I really hope the PC version doesn't lack all of the cool stuff the console versions have. I really wanted to go all out this time around with the new GTA and buy the top-notch Collectors Edition...but the problem is that I play on PC, not 360 or PS3. So if I miss out on the opportunity to buy the CE for either platform, does that mean the PC version won't offer the same stuff? If it comes down to it, I will just bite the bullet and buy the CE for 360 and then just buy the PC version again. Why so tempting, Rockstar! rahkstar2.gif

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by lh1, 24 May 2013 - 03:54 PM.

QUOTE (CarLuver69 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 15:30)
I really hope the PC version doesn't lack all of the cool stuff the console versions have. I really wanted to go all out this time around with the new GTA and buy the top-notch Collectors Edition...but the problem is that I play on PC, not 360 or PS3. So if I miss out on the opportunity to buy the CE for either platform, does that mean the PC version won't offer the same stuff? If it comes down to it, I will just bite the bullet and buy the CE for 360 and then just buy the PC version again. Why so tempting, Rockstar! rahkstar2.gif

Well maybe you should buy the CE and keep the physical things that you like then sell the others including the game on ebay etc. biggrin.gif

This is merely a suggestion though, not sure if it's worth it.

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by aragond, 25 May 2013 - 03:56 AM.

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Friday, May 24 2013, 00:17)
No I'm not Sam and I'm not connected to Rockstar, I'm just a person like evryone else that have an opinion and facts to backup them, this is a forum for discussion so you're free to have an opinion and I keep mine since 2011. And by the way another fact for you:

http://mp1st.com/201...ailer-listings/

Well, now you've just given us the very reason FOR resurrecting this "old thread" -- we learned something new out of it, or at least got more evidence for what we already knew.
See, it was worth bringing this thread back from the dead. (Mind you, two-weeks old is HARDLY a dead thread!)

QUOTE (liasha @ Friday, May 24 2013, 01:44)
PC Announce will 1-2 month later after consoles wink.gif

PUH-lease don't troll in here. People are very sensitive about this PC thing in this forum. You'll start a flame war and no one wants that.

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Friday, May 24 2013, 00:17)
So ya hate it much as you want but PC version is more then confirmed now and I believe even more it will be out by Christmas, retailers have information for quite sometime now and are trying to be ahead which means it will be available soon.

Oh, ffs. You're not buying this Christmas thing, too, are you?

2014, people. I've said it before, I'll say it again: 2014, I guarantee it!*

* Offer void if it does come out before Christmas because you'll all be too busy peeing yourselves with excitement -- me included -- to be bothered throwing it in my face.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Of course it's 2014... How can you think of 2013 for PC version? Jesus... Expect release for PC from February to May.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

http://www.ign.com/c.../rockstar-north

panic.gif

What the hell?

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Zeta87 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 14:52)

panic.gif

What the hell?

GG, you're months late.

liasha
  • liasha

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

panic.gif

What the hell?

nice

now we must wait for rockstar to Confirm this information smile.gif

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (liasha @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:18)

panic.gif

What the hell?

nice

They won't confirm it till consoles versions are released. It's obvious that PC version will be released, so that's what IGN is saying. Many retailers already listed PC version for pre-orders or pre-purchases. If Rockstar didn't want those retailers to do this kind of things ----> it would be already deleted. Guess what.

It's pointless to talk about same things. Silver Wolf and other guys said everything we need to know, but then again new people shows up with old information and starts questioning same things all over again. And that's why we are running in circles all this time. Read previous posts.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 19:04)
QUOTE (liasha @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:18)

panic.gif

What the hell?

nice

They won't confirm it till consoles versions are released. It's obvious that PC version will be released, so that's what IGN is saying. Many retailers already listed PC version for pre-orders or pre-purchases. If Rockstar didn't want those retailers to do this kind of things ----> it would be already deleted. Guess what.

It's pointless to talk about same things. Silver Wolf and other guys said everything we need to know, but then again new people shows up with old information and starts questioning same things all over again. And that's why we are running in circles all this time. Read previous posts.

It is all the same in other threads, so this is not new either smile.gif

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 26 May 2013 - 12:25 AM.

Just to answer your question... yes I do believe in the "Christmas crap", there is no other reason to release a title like GTA in the end of Summer Vacations when people go back to work or school, makes no sense, unless they need to deliver that version before something else and my guess is that they want to deliver Next Gen versions and possible PC for Christmas season. I mentioned this before, well in fact plenty of times. When GTAIV was launched MS and SONY paid millions to Rockstar for the exclusive in order to raise their console sales.

Both SONY and MS said they wouldn't do such contract again because it didn't pay of, Rockstar sold a lot but they didn't sell consoles like they expected. Although this time and with this constant hyping being constructed since 2011, GTA V as a Next Gen title could be the very reason why some people could decide to buy one of the new consoles, I mean some people thought or already bought a "new outdated" console because of GTA V, so it might be a huge boost in sales and what better time if not Christmas when they are launched?

I haven't studied marketing but I think that would be the perfect move and till now all points towards that, I did almost the same back in 2008 when GTAIV was released but I never posted and there wasn't as many leaks or facts like now, but I scavenged most of the websites like now and never a PC version was announced so soon and with so many "details". So yes I believe this is what most likely happen, early 2014 well maybe if they had to make a port, but I don't believe there will be a port and the version is as finished as the consoles by now and will be announced/ released in the best window and that is Christmas, with NVIDIA about to unveil their new GPU's soon and with the latest GPU's from AMD, it's a win win for all.

I'm planning to buy a new GPU for GTA only and if possible upgrade my CPU too and currently I can run any latest title maxed out without any problems in 1080p.

liasha
  • liasha

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:22)
Just to answer your question... yes I do believe in the "Christmas crap", there is no other reason to release a title like GTA in the end of Summer Vacations when people go back to work or school, makes no sense, unless they need to deliver that version before something else and my guess is that they want to deliver Next Gen versions and possible PC for Christmas season. I mentioned this before, well in fact plenty of times. When GTAIV was launched MS and SONY paid millions to Rockstar for the exclusive in order to raise their console sales.

Both SONY and MS said they wouldn't do such contract again because it didn't pay of, Rockstar sold a lot but they didn't sell consoles like they expected. Although this time and with this constant hyping being constructed since 2011, GTA V as a Next Gen title could be the very reason why some people could decide to buy one of the new consoles, I mean some people thought or already bought a "new outdated" console because of GTA V, so it might be a huge boost in sales and what better time if not Christmas when they are launched?

I haven't studied marketing but I think that would be the perfect move and till now all points towards that, I did almost the same back in 2008 when GTAIV was released but I never posted and there wasn't as many leaks or facts like now, but I scavenged most of the websites like now and never a PC version was announced so soon and with so many "details". So yes I believe this is what most likely happen, early 2014 well maybe if they had to make a port, but I don't believe there will be a port and the version is as finished as the consoles by now and will be announced/ released in the best window and that is Christmas, with NVIDIA about to unveil their new GPU's soon and with the latest GPU's from AMD, it's a win win for all.

I'm planning to buy a new GPU for GTA only and if possible upgrade my CPU too and currently I can run any latest title maxed out without any problems in 1080p.

i,m with you

what do you think will my PC run this game ultra 1920x1080 resolution?

gtx 680 asus
16gb ram gskill
i7 3820

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Zeta87 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 15:52)

panic.gif

What the hell?

lol, Agent TBA 2013, sure.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

For the PC people from R*: "PC people, you can go f*ck yourself. And if you keep spamming then you will get banned." LOL

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 01:54)
For the PC people from R*: "PC people, you can go f*ck yourself. And if you keep spamming then you will get banned." LOL

You're a funny person. yawn.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

From R* to the PC people :

" Y'all better get yourselves a PS3 or 360 console, or else none of will get to play GTA V because we can't be bothered to release it on PC like we did with Red Dead Redemption. We have warned you. You snooze, you loose b*tches !! "

LOOOOL lol.gif

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 04:26)

" Y'all better get yourselves a PS3 or 360 console, or else none of will get to play GTA V because we can't be bothered to release it on PC like we did with Red Dead Redemption. We have warned you. You snooze, you loose b*tches !! "

LOOOOL lol.gif

Well luckily GTAV is made by R* North and not R* San Diego who made RDR. North has always released their games for pc... biggrin.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

I do pray for a PC version asap, because I don't want to buy another console (I sold mine a week ago), I don't like consoles that much and I much rather play on a PC where there are little to no regional restrictions like PSN and XBL (bullsh*t).

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

f*ck off console fags your ps3 or xbox 360 will be of no use by next year.stupid rockstar people are going to lose if they dont release pc version.everyother game announced for console are also announced for pc except gta v.

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 02:26)

LOOOOL lol.gif

who hurt you?

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (sats @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 10:15)
f*ck off console fags your ps3 or xbox 360 will be of no use by next year.stupid rockstar people are going to lose if they dont release pc version.everyother game announced for console are also announced for pc except gta v.

Every person who is not a total c*nt wants pc gamers to be able to get their version. I don't even care if they pirate it. But I felt it was humorous how R*'s statement on this is "we are not focused on the pc, and if you keep spamming we will ban you'', because I think it's such a rude thing to answer the pc gamers in that way. It made me chuckle that they would address this issue with such an insensitive statement.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 14:21)

Every person who is not a total c*nt wants pc gamers to be able to get their version. I don't even care if they pirate it. But I felt it was humorous how R*'s statement on this is "we are not focused on the pc, and if you keep spamming we will ban you'', because I think it's such a rude thing to answer the pc gamers in that way. It made me chuckle that they would address this issue with such an insensitive statement.

"We are not focused" - pretty much implies they don't deny the possibily of the PC version, but the question is are they already working on it and keeping it in secret or they're gonna start porting it to PC after console release.

aLeeJj
  • aLeeJj

few weeks or so

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Well I think that PC version will be announced 2 months after X360&PS3 release.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

user posted image

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 11:48)
user posted image

No way !! It can't be !!

Mr.Gepardas
  • Mr.Gepardas

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by gokas112, 26 May 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Somehow I think that after releasing Xbox 360 ant PlayStation 3 versions after about 4-6 months they are going to release Xbox one and PlayStation 4 versions with updated graphics. Then after another 3 months they might announce that they are working on PC version (which is going to be a clear PS4 port). But I hope I am wrong.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 11:28)
QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 14:21)

"We are not focused" - pretty much implies they don't deny the possibily of the PC version, but the question is are they already working on it and keeping it in secret or they're gonna start porting it to PC after console release.

I don't think it's likely that it will be released at the same time as the console version like some people believe because of some list on IGN, but it is likely to be released within a year after the console versions I guess.

Maybe some PC players should look to buy a cheap second hand 360 and then pirate the PC version to not have to pay for it twice.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Most likely is

PS4, Xbox One and PC launch together as next-gen release of the game. My personal opinion

Looking back at the past, if this was to be delayed for PC yet again even for next-gen consoles time of release, EFLC wouldn't be released for PS3 and PC at the same time, so if PC is to be planned(which obviously, it is), the game would launch silmatoneus in next-gen release.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users