PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

I don't know what relations was *Xerukal* talking about. Game devs stopped using their brains long time ago. I remember when they made Crysis 3 Dx11 only. They were talking about "next generation" graphics. Look what's happening now: a muddy graphics game called Call of Duty Ghosts won't even be played by a lot of PC gamers 'cause of those minimum 6GB ram requirement (and I already know about the ram fix for the pirate versions). Look at Ubisoft delaying Watch Dogs release date till spring 2014 or something. Look at what C* is doing. Almost 2 months after GTA V was released we still try to "believe and hope" for an announcement. And what do we get? Not even bread crumbs. Only "leaks" and "fakes". No word from R* whatsoever. I don't call that "relations"  between game devs and users. You think Activision made a next gen game by setting the minimum requirement of 6GB ram, since every other game of the series was playable on 2GB ram? You think Watch Dogs was delayed because the gamers asked Ubisoft to do so? Everyone is doing what they want, no one gives a crap about PC gamers anymore. Not even R*. I'm not supporting the pirating crap, but sometimes it's just too much. Waiting months and getting nothing.... Money rules the world today. Game devs know this and they do whatever they can to make a bit more. 

- absolutely right, every word

- according to all written, i must quote myself for god knows which time in a row, as i said, if GTA V comes out this year, yes, i'll forgive, forget, kindly say "Thank you" and give them my hardly earned money and buy the game, but if not, and i don't care if it is 1.1.2014. i will not buy it, i will "let them wait for my money" like they let me wait for the game ... now, most of the people will tell me "oh, you scum, you'll play pirate version" and my answer is simple: "YES" and here's why - R* is bussiness wise company, and on the other hand, i am bussiness wise man, if someone throw a sh*t on me, can not expect that i'll throw away money on him, i'll return with throwing a sh*t ... so, like i said, if i have to wait for the game, they will wait for my money, until i try the game for couple a times, and than, in 4-5 years, i'll throw to them lousy 7-8 Euros on some wholesale for the game just to have it in my collection (and to have the story for my kid(s) and grandchildren(s))

- but after all, you don't even know how i wish that this will not happened ... but nobody knows except them ... they love OTHER's money, and for sure i love MY money

- Principles Of Lust ... :)

• UltraGizmo64, PlasmaFLOW and Albert Kike like this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

I don't know what relations was *Xerukal* talking about. Game devs stopped using their brains long time ago. I remember when they made Crysis 3 Dx11 only. They were talking about "next generation" graphics. Look what's happening now: a muddy graphics game called Call of Duty Ghosts won't even be played by a lot of PC gamers 'cause of those minimum 6GB ram requirement (and I already know about the ram fix for the pirate versions). Look at Ubisoft delaying Watch Dogs release date till spring 2014 or something. Look at what C* is doing. Almost 2 months after GTA V was released we still try to "believe and hope" for an announcement. And what do we get? Not even bread crumbs. Only "leaks" and "fakes". No word from R* whatsoever. I don't call that "relations"  between game devs and users. You think Activision made a next gen game by setting the minimum requirement of 6GB ram, since every other game of the series was playable on 2GB ram? You think Watch Dogs was delayed because the gamers asked Ubisoft to do so? Everyone is doing what they want, no one gives a crap about PC gamers anymore. Not even R*. I'm not supporting the pirating crap, but sometimes it's just too much. Waiting months and getting nothing.... Money rules the world today. Game devs know this and they do whatever they can to make a bit more. 

- absolutely right, every word

- according to all written, i must quote myself for god knows which time in a row, as i said, if GTA V comes out this year, yes, i'll forgive, forget, kindly say "Thank you" and give them my hardly earned money and buy the game, but if not, and i don't care if it is 1.1.2014. i will not buy it, i will "let them wait for my money" like they let me wait for the game ... now, most of the people will tell me "oh, you scum, you'll play pirate version" and my answer is simple: "YES" and here's why - R* is bussiness wise company, and on the other hand, i am bussiness wise man, if someone throw a sh*t on me, can not expect that i'll throw away money on him, i'll return with throwing a sh*t ... so, like i said, if i have to wait for the game, they will wait for my money, until i try the game for couple a times, and than, in 4-5 years, i'll throw to them lousy 7-8 Euros on some wholesale for the game just to have it in my collection (and to have the story for my kid(s) and grandchildren(s))

- but after all, you don't even know how i wish that this will not happened ... but nobody knows except them ... they love OTHER's money, and for sure i love MY money

- Principles Of Lust ... :)

I'm aboard this train now. 

applause.gif

• PlasmaFLOW likes this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 05 November 2013 - 11:59 PM.

I just bought new humble bundle, anyone wants F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin and/or F.E.A.R. 3 ?
They are great games, but I already own them. PM if you want it.

What? You're giving it away? Or ur reselling it?

If u give it away I wantz it :p

You should PM then :)
F.E.A.R. 2 is still available.

I just bought new humble bundle, anyone wants F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin and/or F.E.A.R. 3 ?
They are great games, but I already own them. PM if you want it.

Didn't they just change the steam key policies?

Yes they did, they don't give out cdkey, buy they give game directly to your account. But next to that is "Gift" icon, which gives you url and you can use that to gift somebody, I assume they send email with cdkey or another url that gives game directly to account.

Anyway I'm enjoying BF4, and if you have a friend who owns, then ask him to borrow for an hour or so, you will be amazed... I got like 850h in BF3 yet BF4 blown me away... yes there are some server crashes, but not that many anymore, they are not R* ;) (They are currently on R6 server side fix)

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Rockstar will announce the PC version when I want

Reversal Russian

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by Xerukal, 06 November 2013 - 12:52 AM.

What relations? Relations with actual good game DEVELOPERS. 

You listed nothing but publishers. Activision, EA. It's no secret they are the absolute cancer of the gaming industry. Them and publishers like them need to cease to exist. But they won't. Because edgy money lust and all that sh*t. 

These same publishers inherently pistol-whip their developers to match all these deadlines for annual releases. It's a disease. 

My point is; good working game developers deserve our respect and money. Even if they have publishers that constantly pressure them to cram as much sh*t into their game as fast as possible and rush everything. GTA V is a good game made by experienced developers, is it not? If it wasn't, we wouldn't be here.

f*ck these stupid unnecessary debates. f*ck my potty mouth for acting up again and f*ck my mental consultant for forgetting to give me my sedatives again. 

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

I'm back, got banned for 7 days by a trigger happy mod who doesn't know the definition of "trolling".

I cannot believe there's no news. Every indication was there that PC was near. Hard to believe it's been over a month since the biggest game ever came out.

minm01
  • minm01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:25 AM Edited by minm01, 06 November 2013 - 02:27 AM.

I've been watching this thread for a while now... I've played every god-damn GTA game 'till now... I literally mean every one of them... Even the 2D ones and PSP VCS... Even the mobile versions of III and VC... I feel screwed over on this one...

As long as a new PC game (where I live) costs over 25% of the base salary, I see absolutely no good reason to throw my money at a company that treats PC gamers as R* did the past two months. I'm just an occasional gamer but I love every god-damned GTA "itteration". I don't see piracy as a solution. I am angry because of what is happening right now (and I'm guessing that it's not the developer at fault, but TT).

I'm never going to buy a console just for the exclusive titles. F*ck that! I've been playing PC games since Thief, DOOM, Hexen and other great games. How the hell would I even manage to play games that are about shooting with a freaking controller. Auto-aim or whatever it's named sounds 500% less fun.

Off-topic: I'd like to see a new game from the Bully "franchise". The atmosphere behind the game was awesome. They've got the resources to do it right, i guess. I see a lot of potential there... At least from my point if view...

Mafia III sounds very good! I just hope it will be more like Mafia and leave II behind. At least AC Black Flag is going to be released soon. I'd also love to see another Prince of Persia game from Ubisoft... One more like Warrior Within or The Two Thrones... I hate that they killed such a loved franchise in favor of Assassin's Creed. They could've done both. Wouldn't even have to be very different gameplay-wise... A well written story in this ocean of bullsh*t is all that's needed... I miss the days when a game really had a story, when I was scared to death running from the Dahaka...

Jesus... I just became too nostalgic for 4:24 AM...
  • Albert Kike likes this

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by kastrenzo, 06 November 2013 - 04:24 AM.

I'm back, got banned for 7 days by a trigger happy mod who doesn't know the definition of "trolling".

I cannot believe there's no news. Every indication was there that PC was near. Hard to believe it's been over a month since the biggest game ever came out.

Do it again.

Also,  someone was talking about 6GB Minimum on PC.

If you consider yourself a PC gamer, you should be running a 64 bit OS by now, it's almost 2014.  there is no excuse anymore if you expect to play the latest games

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

I cannot believe how many people are acting like NOW suddenly R* has decided to f*ck them over, I'm assuming they weren't around for EVERY GTA release since III to experience this.

Anyways, My statement to those vowing to never buy another R* game again because of this common R* practice, We know you'll buy GTA V the instant it releases, It happened with  VC, SA and IV, it will happen again and again, Until R* decides to launch all platforms simultaneously.

tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:27 AM Edited by tomm_y, 06 November 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Sorry for off-topic, but is it true that CoD: Ghosts won't run on a machine with less than 6 GB of RAM?

EDIT:
Nevemind, found out. I am literally sad because of a gaming industry. I've been buying CoD games for the past 4 years and this time I won't do it. And I've been a gamer for more than 15 years, but there was never sh*t like that.

How can they be so mean f*cks to exaggerate the requirements on purpose? Anyway, companies treat gamers like sh*t and complain about piracy... I really want to take every big game company CEO from their comfortable chair and bit the sh*t out of them. Also no one seems to care about single player anymore.
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

Ghost System Requirements is really high compared to decent result on screen. It can easily run with 4 GB RAM. Expect a future patch

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:11 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 06 November 2013 - 06:14 AM.

I cannot believe how many people are acting like NOW suddenly R* has decided to f*ck them over, I'm assuming they weren't around for EVERY GTA release since III to experience this.

Anyways, My statement to those vowing to never buy another R* game again because of this common R* practice, We know you'll buy GTA V the instant it releases, It happened with  VC, SA and IV, it will happen again and again, Until R* decides to launch all platforms simultaneously.

*Sigh*..........Not this sh*t again. And I can't believe that you didn't bother to read anything in this thread beyond the last few pages before making such a ridiculous comment. IF you knew why people are complaining right now, then you wouldn't be spewing such idiocy. 

I'm not sorry, and I have zero patience now for anybody waltzing into this thread and writing crap like this. It's always the same crap, too:  "previous GTA's released this way, so will this ONE! it's teh same pattern ova and ova again! history alwayz repeatz itself!!", "R* isn't obligated to say anything!! show some respec!!"...."R* is not lyin' to anybody right now and neva haz!"......."all you would be runnin' to buy it if they release it tomorrow"......

Again, had you bothered to properly investigate the matter before posting, then you would have understood why this current situation is very much different from past GTA's and why it has made so many people upset as a result. 

Come back and post once you gain a proper understanding of the current situation, until then, don't post crap like that again. 

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

*Sigh*..........Not this sh*t again. And I can't believe that you didn't bother to read anything in this thread beyond the last few pages before making such a ridiculous comment. IF you knew why people are complaining right now, then you wouldn't be spewing such idiocy. 

I'm not sorry, and I have zero patience now for anybody waltzing into this thread and writing crap like this. It's always the same crap, too:  "previous GTA's released this way, so will this ONE! it's teh same pattern ova and ova again! history alwayz repeatz itself!!", "R* isn't obligated to say anything!! show some respec!!"...."R* is not lyin' to anybody right now and neva haz!".......

Again, had you bothered to properly investigate the matter before posting, then you would have understood why this current situation is very much different from past GTA's and why it has made so many people upset as a result. 

Come back and post once you gain a proper understanding of the current situation, until then, don't post crap like that again. 

All I understand is that we know there is a PC build that they are working on according to logs found. Unless there is something I missed, we don't know how far along in development it is because we don't work at Rockstar. For all we know it might be an unstable unplayable mess and yet everyone seems convinced that it's finished and Rockstar are sitting on it and twiddling their thumbs. To me, it looks like you're taking just as much of an extreme as the people you are putting down. Show me undeniable proof that the PC version is ready for release and I'll agree that Rockstar are being assholes to PC players. Until we have such proof, I'm going to consider it as an unfinished product that they don't want to announce yet. 

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

well we also know that AMD and Nvidia already got their hands on the game regardless on at what state it really was, logic would assume that that means the game is very near to complete, otherwise why bother send it to GPU makers?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 06 November 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Also, someone was talking about 6GB Minimum on PC.

If you consider yourself a PC gamer, you should be running a 64 bit OS by now, it's almost 2014. there is no excuse anymore if you expect to play the latest games

Yeah.. about that, pretty sure some other games will have same "issue"
http://www.cinemable...atch-60336.html

Yes it is working, even thou I don't need patch (have 12GB)
And CoD Ghost is not better than last game, is the same game, maybe even worse textures.

P.S. f*ck this forum system, can't even properly edit quoutes, and stop literally copying background and color of text!

Njale
  • Njale

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

Getting a bit worried here, if the announcement doesn't come by the end of november god knows whats gonna happen.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

well we also know that AMD and Nvidia already got their hands on the game regardless on at what state it really was, logic would assume that that means the game is very near to complete, otherwise why bother send it to GPU makers?

I don't know when GPU makers generally work on game profiles or things like that, but couldn't they be helping Rockstar make GTA:V work on as many hardware combinations as possible? Why would that suggest to us that it's near complete?

Honestly, I would not expect a PC announcement until after Heists and the Content Creator have been added to GTA:O. They decided to focus on 360/PS3 to start with, so the fact that the PS3/360 are still receiving a lot of development (GTA:V has had 5 updates in two months) probably means that it's still taking up a lot of their time. After failing to get GTA:O out on time with all the advertised features, they might have pulled people off of the PC development side in order to get it fixed. Perhaps the single-player is in a playable state and they've taken it to the GPU guys because of that, but they wouldn't want to release the PC version without Online, as it would be another failure on their part. I don't care about Online and many of you may not care about Online but it's a key part of their vision for what GTA V is, so I doubt they'll ship it without online again if they can help it. Why announce a PC version when you can't even get one of the key components to work properly on any platform? 

Blazevski12
  • Blazevski12

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

It's crap that Rokstar still don't say anything about pc version, people may defend them but they have no respect for pc gamers.... Anyway i quess sometime in 2014 there will be pc version ( if they  plan to do that.).

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:16 AM Edited by napoleonic, 06 November 2013 - 08:17 AM.

I don't know when GPU makers generally work on game profiles or things like that, but couldn't they be helping Rockstar make GTA:V work on as many hardware combinations as possible? Why would that suggest to us that it's near complete?

and why would you suggest it isn't? while it's unlikely that AMD and Nvidia guys are testing every corner of the game, they had to have access to the most features in the game, it is quite unthinkable that Rockstar or any game dev would send their game to AMD/NV while it's still on something like 50% completion rate.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

and why would you suggest it isn't? while it's unlikely that AMD and Nvidia guys are testing every corner of the game, they had to have access to the most features in the game, it is quite unthinkable that Rockstar or any game dev would send their game to AMD/NV while it's still on something like 50% completion rate.

Both AMD and nVidia give them GPUs to test, and they work together for drivers. They have secure channel where they talk, test, etc. Probaly they also send few guys to visit and help them in person.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

It'd be better to start optimizing the game at 50% than at 100% wouldn't it? Putting it off until last minute would just be pointless, unless there was something that absolutely prevented it. I could be wrong here, I don't know exactly how Rockstar design their games. However, not saying anything about the product when it's not ready isn't them being rude to their customers in any way. Why exactly do they owe us an answer? Because it's out on PS3/360? Of course it is. They announced it for PS3/360 and they brought it out on PS3/360 and now they're trying to fix it on PS3/360. In a perfect world they would bring it to all consoles at once, but in a perfect world there wouldn't be any issues like with GTA Online or piracy. We're highly likely to get a PC version of the game within a year, but unless we are part of the development team how can we say for certain that the game is actually in a state where they should be marketing it yet? 

As I said, I think they're probably going to fix GTA:O before we see GTA V on PC. They probably do not want to release another version until they've finished the one they released. 

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

To keep this as short as possible: Rockstar owes us nothing. They decided to release for Xbox 360 / PS3 first. Look how many bugs are in those games. When the PC version rolls out, we'll have a better game than console gamers could ever dream of. If you seriously think that pirating a game that has over 5 years of hard work put into it, just because they didn't release the PC version fast enough for you, then kindly f*ck right off. I've been doing just fine waiting for the PC version, in fact, I've been able to focus on sh*t going on in real life. Now the rest of you disrespectful f*cks need to do the same and go get a life while waiting for GTA V. If you pirate GTA V, get the f*ck out and never come back, sleazebag.

Have a nice day!

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

I agree with spamtackey
Rockstar should complete the main priority towards Console players. They paid for it and Rockstar has to address them first offering the best experience both offline and online. After that they got nothing else to do except work on PC and sell another great fully tested and patched version.
This will take time. Expecting some news in last week of Feb 2014.

andamentos
  • andamentos

Killer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

https://twitter.com/...862302822969344

Didn't GTA V cost 200 million $$?

This is a GTA V PC version related forum... We should keep on topic, even though there is not much to talk about...

But hey! This came up... (thanks Rashka) and nobody cared! Everybody kept talking about CoD and others...

Not sure if it means anything but its worth a look at it... could be an annoucement hint!

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:05 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 06 November 2013 - 09:07 AM.

https://twitter.com/...862302822969344

Didn't GTA V cost 200 million $$?

This is a GTA V PC version related forum... We should keep on topic, even though there is not much to talk about...

But hey! This came up... (thanks Rashka) and nobody cared! Everybody kept talking about CoD and others...

Not sure if it means anything but its worth a look at it... could be an annoucement hint!

We all care, but remember last their twet about GTA V? Yeah...
And almost all post are connected to GTA V PC version.
GTA V will need RAM, question is how much. See it is not offtopic, and many other post are connected to GTA V as well.

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:21 AM Edited by Dankov, 06 November 2013 - 09:35 AM.

*OFF TOPIC* As I said in my last comment, on the last page, CoD Ghosts won't run on PC with less than 6GB RAM. There's some kind of protection against that. (that's cause Activision loves their fans and customers). However, IF you play a pirate version of the game, there is a "ram fix" which can allow you to play the game with 4GB ram, but not less than 4.

*ON TOPIC* Xerukal I don't believe there are "good working game devs". You're making it sound like they are some kind of slaves to the publisher companies. Which I think is not the case. I don't think the publisher takes all the money from the sales, So the devs have the same rights as the publisher. If they push the game release early, to me, that means game devs are "hungry" for money. If they delay it, maybe they're trying to do their work. 

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:56 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 06 November 2013 - 09:57 AM.

I agree with spamtackey
Rockstar should complete the main priority towards Console players. They paid for it and Rockstar has to address them first offering the best experience both offline and online. After that they got nothing else to do except work on PC and sell another great fully tested and patched version.
This will take time. Expecting some news in last week of Feb 2014.

Rockstar Games have like 500 people across all studios, maybe even more, pretty sure not everyone is working on patches, if they did they would release patches daily. Rockstar Leeds or whatever studio is probaly working on PC version, while another on fixes and multiplayer, while others on other games. There is no point in entire company working on one game, even if it is a billion dollar game.

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:51 AM Edited by Fyllid, 06 November 2013 - 10:55 AM.

[OFF-TOPIC] Good Games, pay what you want. WB Games! 

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay more than the average of $4.63 to unlock!

Scribblenauts Unlimited - Locked

Batman: Arkham City GOTY - Locked

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY

F.E.A.R. 2:

Project Origin

F.E.A.R. 3

Lord of the Rings:

War in the North

PS: sry if anyone else listed it. I just like how humble bundle works and charity stuff, that's why im sharing/supporting it.

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

It'd be better to start optimizing the game at 50% than at 100% wouldn't it? Putting it off until last minute would just be pointless, unless there was something that absolutely prevented it. I could be wrong here, I don't know exactly how Rockstar design their games. 

you are thinking it wrong here

AMD/NV optimize their drivers toward games, not game developers optimize their games to gpu drivers, when game developers integrating gpu specific features is where you can say they optimize the game at 50% completion toward specific features, usually something like physx, but even then we already heard many such features only integrated VERY LATE in the development state, something like 85% completion, because most of them are just cosmetics.

something like integrated cpu physx for physics calculation found in NFS SHIFT 2 is what we can guess must've been integrated early in the development stage.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Yeah I've seen your posts, definitely not trigger happy to ban you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users