• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

I have no problems with this really. Im a PC gamer, i7 3770k, gtx670, etc. But i bought a 360 slim so i can play the game on release day. I can deal with the lower resolution and no AA. Ill just buy the game again when it comes to PC..... again, its not a big deal.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by Game2048, 04 May 2013 - 09:29 PM.

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 21:07)
I have no problems with this really.  Im a PC gamer,  i7 3770k, gtx670, etc.   But i bought a 360 slim so i can play the game on release day. I can deal with the lower resolution and no AA.  Ill just buy the game again when it comes to PC..... again, its not a big deal.

Well, in my case - I'm not such a gamer as before. I do not have time to play a lot of games, I'm not so interested in games like before. However, I have become more selective, and only a few games may really interest me. Usually I'm playing 2-3 games in a year. Sometimes a bit more.

I have powerful PC which I need for my work, and which I use for gaming. I don't need to buy console, because I will not use it. And I do not want to buy console just because of GTA. Especially now, when next-gen consoles will be released soon. Plus I don't like to play the games on consoles. I don't need console in every way, except in order to play GTA V. But, as I said, I will not buy it just because of that reason.

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:07)
I have no problems with this really. Im a PC gamer, i7 3770k, gtx670, etc. But i bought a 360 slim so i can play the game on release day. I can deal with the lower resolution and no AA. Ill just buy the game again when it comes to PC..... again, its not a big deal.

Wish i was open minded like you:( Almost have the same system as you , 16gb ram , i5 2400K and gtx 670 asus directCU II also i have a x360 and a ps3. But i just cannot stand the idea of playing a major game like this on 720p with low textures , low fps and no anti aliasing. I made this mistake with GTA 4 and played it on X360 and even back then i went crazy with 720p+low textures + low fps + no anti aliasing+ that stupid blur filted to hide bad draw distance

ForDaNords
  • ForDaNords

-

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Just play the game's main story on consoles, then 100% it on PC.
That way it's still a fresh experience on PC.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by GTARandom, 04 May 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Max Payne 3 is a proof that the type of franchise(it's successful/unsuccessful sales) is what is the key of how releases operate in general with Rockstar.

That game(or, you can say, franchise) was not a big-seller in general so they didn't mind having a PC version releasing silmatoneus and thereby i throw my hat to Rockstar: Nice Politics! Or not...

I feel terrible as a consumer as well as the rest of you PC Gamers like myself.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (james_root @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 18:25)
QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 23:07)
I have no problems with this really.  Im a PC gamer,  i7 3770k, gtx670, etc.   But i bought a 360 slim so i can play the game on release day. I can deal with the lower resolution and no AA.  Ill just buy the game again when it comes to PC..... again, its not a big deal.

Wish i was open minded like you:( Almost have the same system as you , 16gb ram , i5 2400K and gtx 670 asus directCU II also i have a x360 and a ps3. But i just cannot stand the idea of playing a major game like this on 720p with low textures , low fps and no anti aliasing. I made this mistake with GTA 4 and played it on X360 and even back then i went crazy with 720p+low textures + low fps + no anti aliasing+ that stupid blur filted to hide bad draw distance

I feel you but the RAGE engine has been refined since GTAIV, I agree GTAIV looked terrible and blurry but they really cleaned things up with Tbogt, then for RDR, and MP3. Do yourself a favor and grab a cheap console and enjoy yourself on September 17th. you can always sell it later.

MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

I don't think R* will break it's tradition^^ It's quite smart marketing, at least they got me to buy it 2 times^^ I even think it's still possible that they will bring it to next gen consoles later to get even more money from it biggrin.gif

Death_Blade
  • Death_Blade

[LCG] for the Win.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Im glad to see other people here have some sense. I cant understand why anyone whose followed these games for this long could possibly think a PC release wont happen. Its always 6-8 months later before we get a PC release. Its happened time and time again. Theres absolutely no reason why it wouldnt happen now. The only difference may be the time it takes for them to port the game to PC. I keep seeing people everywhere bitching and moaning about no PC version, even starting petitions. Its hysterically stupid. Somehow people have this misconception that a PC version will never happen, and Rockstar never said that. For a group of people that take a corporations word like its the gospel truth, you'd think they would learn to read and actually look at what they said. They never said it wont happen, they simply said they're focusing on the console versions first. Derp.

But if no initial PC release bugs you people that bad, just do what im going to do. Get a bluray drive for your PC, go buy a copy of the game for PS3 on release day, download a PS3 emulator, and enjoy. I'd much rather have a PC version as well, as I prefer a keyboard and mouse to those bullsh*t controllers. As long as your PCs specs are up to par (which they should be if you plan on buying a PC version of the game anyway) the game should work in the emulator just fine. It'll be enough to hold me over until the official PC release.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Death_Blade @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:26)
Im glad to see other people here have some sense. I cant understand why anyone whose followed these games for this long could possibly think a PC release wont happen. Its always 6-8 months later before we get a PC release. Its happened time and time again. Theres absolutely no reason why it wouldnt happen now. The only difference may be the time it takes for them to port the game to PC. I keep seeing people everywhere bitching and moaning about no PC version, even starting petitions. Its hysterically stupid. Somehow people have this misconception that a PC version will never happen, and Rockstar never said that. For a group of people that take a corporations word like its the gospel truth, you'd think they would learn to read and actually look at what they said. They never said it wont happen, they simply said they're focusing on the console versions first. Derp.

But if no initial PC release bugs you people that bad, just do what im going to do. Get a bluray drive for your PC, go buy a copy of the game for PS3 on release day, download a PS3 emulator, and enjoy. I'd much rather have a PC version as well, as I prefer a keyboard and mouse to those bullsh*t controllers. As long as your PCs specs are up to par (which they should be if you plan on buying a PC version of the game anyway) the game should work in the emulator just fine. It'll be enough to hold me over until the official PC release.

Because the gaming market has changed alot since GTA4. They think in buisness and buisness has changed either. So you cant go after "tradition". If they think it isnt worth to port it they wont do it.
And I dont want to be the bad guy but with RDR it seems like they already did this. Altbough MP3 was released alongside console versions ( few days later)
But I doubt that MP3 will ever have as much sales as GTAV will have

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

There is no statistics on how many steam games are being sold.

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Death_Blade @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 23:26)
as I prefer a keyboard and mouse to those bullsh*t controllers.

Amen. If they don't announce the pc version before September 17 and I end up ruining the whole experience playing it on my old dusty untouched ps3, the controller will drive me up the wall.

O' lord! The suffering!

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Afusensi @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 13:48)

correction, there is but they aren't available to the general public, only to valve and r*, so im sure R* knows they sold a sh*tload of GTAIV on steam considering its still on the top 100 sellers even 5 years after release

Gears of Skorge
  • Gears of Skorge

Adrian De-Silva changed to Michael due to R* Leak

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Just a quick one? Why do pc gamers moan about a it not coming to pc, when they moan and bitch that its 8-10 year old hardware and current consoles are holding the graphics back? If anything it will just be a port from ps3/xbox-360, so basically your contradicting yourself's quite a bit...

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (MWC @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:20)
QUOTE (Afusensi @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 13:48)

correction, there is but they aren't available to the general public, only to valve and r*, so im sure R* knows they sold a sh*tload of GTAIV on steam considering its still on the top 100 sellers even 5 years after release

I think I read an article somewhere which showed that the PC version of GTA IV sold so much that Valve were out of keys.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Gears of Skorge @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:21)
If anything it will just be a port from ps3/xbox-360.

Citation definitely needed.

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Gears of Skorge @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:21)
Just a quick one? Why do pc gamers moan about a it not coming to pc, when they moan and bitch that its 8-10 year old hardware and current consoles are holding the graphics back? If anything it will just be a port from ps3/xbox-360, so basically your contradicting yourself's quite a bit...

i don't see much people moaning its not coming to PC since most people are certain it will smile.gif And also even a port from a console will play better than the console version simply because there aren't the 8-10 year old hardware limitations , take a look at GTA IV or Dark Souls (which is considered one of the worse ports but still gets superior with a couple of quick fixes) or pretty much any "ported" game on PC and on their respective console version and the difference should be clearly noticeable, just because the game is ported from a console that doesn't imply that its a 1:1 port and that it will play exactly the same as the version from which it was ported smile.gif

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'll do you one better: the last controller I successfully used was whatever Goldeneye came out on. (N64?) I have tried using the PS2 controller so I could play LCS, but there was just no way it was happening.

Thirty years daily training on a keyboard and with a mouse has ruined these fingers for controller-work.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V's PC version is coming...

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (gabrielkipp77 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 17:14)

Amen. If they don't announce the pc version before September 17 and I end up ruining the whole experience playing it on my old dusty untouched ps3, the controller will drive me up the wall.

O' lord! The suffering!

There won't be a PC version announcement for at least 2-3 months AFTER the game is released, you can expect a PC announcement when GTA V is 3-4 months old, that was GTA IV's case, game released on April 29th 2008, PC version announcement came around the beginning of August 2008...

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Big Danny K @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 15:32)

O' lord! The suffering!

There won't be a PC version announcement for at least 2-3 months AFTER the game is released, you can expect a PC announcement when GTA V is 3-4 months old, that was GTA IV's case, game released on April 29th 2008, PC version announcement came around the beginning of August 2008...

Well yeah, but just after GTA IV got released - rumours started. And on August 6th it was announced for PC. I think GTA V will be announced for PC on December or January and then released on March - June.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:01)

O' lord! The suffering!

Well yeah, but just after GTA IV got released - rumours started. And on August 6th it was announced for PC. I think GTA V will be announced for PC on December or January and then released on March - June.

Yup, that's exacly my thought, thank you for pinpointing the announcement date, I kinda forgot, it has been almost 5 years biggrin.gif
I hope I'll get to ejoy it before college cool.gif

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 17:01)

O' lord! The suffering!

that and take into consideration that IV was their first RAGE engine game on pc and console (not including the table tennis xD ), now with V they already worked with the engine a lot, and it should take them less time to make/port the game

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by ViciousLuke, 05 May 2013 - 04:30 PM.

QUOTE (Big Danny K @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 16:19)

O' lord! The suffering!

Yup, that's exacly my thought, thank you for pinpointing the announcement date, I kinda forgot, it has been almost 5 years biggrin.gif

Also, GTA Vice City was announced for PC on February 14th, 4 months after it was released on consoles. GTA San Adreas was announced for PC on December 16th, 3 months after it was released on consoles. It does tell something to us, doesn't it? PC Gamer had a thread about this. GTA V will be released on September 17th, so PC version should be (more like WILL be) announced around December or January and released, like I said, on March - June. So, every GTA PC announcement was after average 3 or 4 months (not longer), so the same goes for GTA V PC.

And yeah, engine was optimized superb for PC when they made Max Payne 3 so it's not fresh start. They made a port from 0, but now they have optimized engine. So I think after exactly ONE year we will be playing GTA V on PC.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Gears of Skorge @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 09:21)

Cause they still want to play the game. The consoles are holding the game back. But Rockstar caters to them, because they are the largest market. There is nothing contradicting in that line of thought.

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

http://www.change.or...ase-gta-v-on-pc

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by Big Danny K, 05 May 2013 - 04:57 PM.

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:28)

O' lord! The suffering!

Also, GTA Vice City was announced for PC on February 14th, 4 months after it was released on consoles. GTA San Adreas was announced for PC on December 16th, 3 months after it was released on consoles. It does tell something to us, doesn't it? PC Gamer had a thread about this. GTA V will be released on September 17th, so PC version should be (more like WILL be) announced around December or January and released, like I said, on March - June. So, every GTA PC announcement was after average 3 or 4 months (not longer), so the same goes for GTA V PC.

And yeah, engine was optimized superb for PC when they made Max Payne 3 so it's not fresh start. They made a port from 0, but now they have optimized engine. So I think after exactly ONE year we will be playing GTA V on PC.

Thank you for expanding my theory, mind if I use this text?
I remember writing something like that in Hebrew on a local gaming forum but I didn't know the dates for the PC announcements, now you filled some of the gap for me

EDIT: I think they'll do the same regardless, that's just how they are

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Big Danny K @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 16:55)

O' lord! The suffering!

I remember writing something like that in Hebrew on a local gaming forum but I didn't know the dates for the PC announcements, now you filled some of the gap for me

Yeah sure.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 19:57)

O' lord! The suffering!

Yeah sure.

I think they'll still announce GTA V's PC version 3-4 months after the console release and release the PC version 3 months after the announcement, why? Because that's just how they do things and there's nothing we can do to change their minds

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Big Danny K @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 17:00)

O' lord! The suffering!

Yeah sure.

I think they'll still announce GTA V's PC version 3-4 months after the console release and release the PC version 3 months after the announcement, why? Because that's just how they do things and there's nothing we can do to change their minds

Exactly my thoughts. But it could take less time for them to port this game, because RAGE is already optimized for PC from Max Payne 3. Still, they need to make it work well in sandbox game. But yeah, sum it up and it should be released after 6 months after X360 and PS3 release.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 20:10)
QUOTE (Big Danny K @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 17:00)

O' lord! The suffering!

Yeah sure.

Exactly my thoughts. But it could take less time for them to port this game, because RAGE is already optimized for PC from Max Payne 3. Still, they need to make it work well in sandbox game. But yeah, sum it up and it should be released after 6 months after X360 and PS3 release.

Let's hope they'll do it :-)

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Gears of Skorge @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:21)

That the current consoles hold back graphic wise is a fact, that is one of the reason we choose to play on the pc. If this wasnt true there would be no reason for next gen consoles.

And since you dont work for rockstar you cant know if its a port or not. And even if its a port, we are not playing a console version on a pc but a pc version of a console game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users