Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I now look forward to more to watch the Dogs of the GTAV

GTAV the PC gave me a tired

BrutaLLegenD7
  • BrutaLLegenD7

Witcher

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

People come here, they get angry and sad after few days, they leave.
Some new users come here, they also get angry and sad after few days and they leave.
We are now on third cycle. And I'm still here and few others.

And some users watch silently from the shadows in hope that one of these days can be that day.  :ph34r: :D

cara2100
  • cara2100

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'ma hehehe

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Assuming It's a contract they're under and THAT'S why they aren't speaking is the hopeful thing here. The thought that they are staying silent willingly is what's unsettling for most. For this to be proven otherwise would be to lift somewhat of a burden off of everyone's chest.

Noone knows, though. Is it a contract? Is it purposeful silence with cryptic reasons behind it? 

I don't know. But if this is a business practice of theirs? It's making annual releases of games look like much less of a cash grab, lol. 

It has to be, otherwise they could at least say something about it after all the fuss it's causing, fans asking for it all over, being the hot topic in hundreds of forums and Facebook groups, evidence from many sources including their own product, companies that work with them directly. They can't even say a yes or no like they did with RDR, they can't make any comment at all. If it wasn't a contract they could say something about it, either it's coming or not, but they just ignore. They can't say a straight Yes because they signed something that prevents them from doing it and they can't say No because that would be seen as a lie once the product is officially announced.

I can see two possible reasons for all this silence, one is an agreement with Sony and MS that makes it exclusive for their systems and that is needed for the end of the year sales (I'm sure XB360 and PS3 will get a price cut to empty the shelves, for those not buying NG consoles), or an internal financial decision from T2, they made enough money already for this fiscal year so they don't need more now and they're saving it for the next. I could also see a SONY agreement to make it PS4 exclusive at launch, but I think it's too late for a stunt like that now.

There are other possibilities. 

What if the PC version just doesn't work properly? They can get screenshots if they set it up but they can't actually play the game to completion. What if? 

Why announce a PC version if you don't have it working? What if there is a possibility of them scrapping the PC version due to technical issues? 

I don't know what's going on inside Rockstar, but if I were them, I would not make any unnecessary public comments. If you never promise a PC version then you aren't breaking your word if you have to cancel it. To me, that's logical. Silence can only be interpreted how the interpreter wants it to be. In reality, it's just silence. 

nyracer23
  • nyracer23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

People come here, they get angry and sad after few days, they leave.
Some new users come here, they also get angry and sad after few days and they leave.
We are now on third cycle. And I'm still here and few others.

And some users watch silently from the shadows in hope that one of these days can be that day.  :ph34r: :D

I'm one of those watching and waiting :)

• BrutaLLegenD7 likes this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 30 October 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Well that is a possibility, but taking into account that suppliers were informed of its existence and there are indications that it has been under testing for quite some time, being also indicated by other manufactures (AMD Drivers), I don't think that is the issue. Also all indicates the PC version isn't being ported so it means they don't need to deal with the problems they had on 5 that was codded to run on 3 cores, relying on the CPU over the GPU.

It's all speculation obviously but I don't think something like that would be an unsolved issue for too long, even if they had to hire some "NASA developers".

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Jesus Christ. How many of you are new to GTA or PC gaming? Obviously this is your first time ever waiting for a PC release of GTA, because this is the same situation just like every other time GTA was released on the Playstation or Xbox.

• RPhilMan1 likes this

Ulquiorra
  • Ulquiorra

-

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Assuming It's a contract they're under and THAT'S why they aren't speaking is the hopeful thing here. The thought that they are staying silent willingly is what's unsettling for most. For this to be proven otherwise would be to lift somewhat of a burden off of everyone's chest.

Noone knows, though. Is it a contract? Is it purposeful silence with cryptic reasons behind it? 

I don't know. But if this is a business practice of theirs? It's making annual releases of games look like much less of a cash grab, lol. 

It has to be, otherwise they could at least say something about it after all the fuss it's causing, fans asking for it all over, being the hot topic in hundreds of forums and Facebook groups, evidence from many sources including their own product, companies that work with them directly. They can't even say a yes or no like they did with RDR, they can't make any comment at all. If it wasn't a contract they could say something about it, either it's coming or not, but they just ignore. They can't say a straight Yes because they signed something that prevents them from doing it and they can't say No because that would be seen as a lie once the product is officially announced.

I can see two possible reasons for all this silence, one is an agreement with Sony and MS that makes it exclusive for their systems and that is needed for the end of the year sales (I'm sure XB360 and PS3 will get a price cut to empty the shelves, for those not buying NG consoles), or an internal financial decision from T2, they made enough money already for this fiscal year so they don't need more now and they're saving it for the next. I could also see a SONY agreement to make it PS4 exclusive at launch, but I think it's too late for a stunt like that now.

There are other possibilities. 

What if the PC version just doesn't work properly? They can get screenshots if they set it up but they can't actually play the game to completion. What if? 

Why announce a PC version if you don't have it working? What if there is a possibility of them scrapping the PC version due to technical issues? 

I don't know what's going on inside Rockstar, but if I were them, I would not make any unnecessary public comments. If you never promise a PC version then you aren't breaking your word if you have to cancel it. To me, that's logical. Silence can only be interpreted how the interpreter wants it to be. In reality, it's just silence. 

Then why don't they just say something like "we are working on the pc version, but since we don't give a sh*t about the pc version we can't be arsed to work on it more then the bare minimum".

And the "why announce it if it's not working". Didn't they kinda do that anyway? They first said it was gonna be released earlier this year.

Anything is better then this silence. Do you mean that a comment from R* regarding a pc version is unnecessary?

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

Jesus Christ. How many of you are new to GTA or PC gaming? Obviously this is your first time ever waiting for a PC release of GTA, because this is the same situation just like every other time GTA was released on the Playstation or Xbox.

We're just to naive to understand that. "Master Race", you know?  :lol:

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

A contract with both Microsoft and Sony?

I've never heard of such a thing. usually it's one or the other isn't it?

If you people really think they have a contract with either, you must be knee deep in denial. Rockstar is holding off the game on their own accord.

Why?

Only Dan Houser and his minions know.

• Albert Kike likes this

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Have you ever heard about a game that sells 1b in 3 days?

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by Xerukal, 30 October 2013 - 08:06 PM.

Is there truly something wrong with expecting a quicker PC release after how unexpectedly pleasant Max Payne 3 was? Maybe even LA Noire? Not the same studio and not the same brand, for sure. But it looked like things had changed.

People had reason to believe a PC release would be faster than usual in regards to GTA V. That history would not repeat itself because Rockstar may have learned. 

It's beginning to become more evident that not much has changed in the realm of GTA and its past and future on the PC. Quite unfortunate.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 30 October 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Wait, I'm confused. Can somebody give me a brief summery of what's been happening in the past few pages? I've been absent for half a week, now. :/

• Smaher. likes this

wolfdog
  • wolfdog

Just announce it already goddamnit

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Can somebody give me a summery of what's been happening. I've been absent for half a week, now. :/

Nothing's happening :/

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Can somebody give me a summery of what's been happening. I've been absent for half a week, now. :/

Nothing's happening :/

:/

• BlackScout and Smaher. like this

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by Acek, 30 October 2013 - 08:20 PM.

If you people really think they have a contract with either, you must be knee deep in denial. Rockstar is holding off the game on their own accord.

Why?

a deal with MS and Sony can easy bring back the cost of development (and maybe some of the marketing) so they make just pure profit out of the game.. PS3 sales were up 300% in September and xbox was not far behind.. and if you look at the ads that were posted around the world you almost never see a xbox logo under it.. game was marketed almost exclusively for the PS3.. Why? from the increased sales of PS3s in September Sony could pay for the marketing 2x over and still profit nicely..

stavrosp
  • stavrosp

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hey guys !

I'm new to this thread.

I've got a question. If a pc version of GTA V does eventually come out, do you think it will look like trailer 1 with more vegetation and detail etc.

The funny thing is, I'm not even planning to get it. It's just for some strange reason I'm waiting for the beautiful game in the first trailer to come out.

Anslem
  • Anslem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hey guys !

I'm new to this thread.

I've got a question. If a pc version of GTA V does eventually come out, do you think it will look like trailer 1 with more vegetation and detail etc.

The funny thing is, I'm not even planning to get it. It's just for some strange reason I'm waiting for the beautiful game in the first trailer to come out.

What's ironic is that the trailer is most likely the !@#$%^& PC version being shown.

Some of the trailers are obviously touched up but the difference between what was shown and what they delivered was as different as night and day.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by LadyBrecky, 30 October 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Hey guys !

I'm new to this thread.

What's ironic is that the trailer is most likely the !@#$%^& PC version being shown.

Some of the trailers are obviously touched up but the difference between what was shown and what they delivered was as different as night and day.

It could be the console version in very controlled environments tbh. But it also could be the PC version :3

Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by Rashka, 30 October 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Alright, got bored and found something interesting, while lurking through Likedin profiles of Rockstar Games employees I found something nice, nothing to wow about, just to keep this thread up.

When you check this profile:

http://www.linkedin....co/32/a3/693/es

It says that he's working on a GTA V and the date for it is 'To Be Announced'. Last time he worked on a Max Payne 3 in Rockstar Toronto which worked on a PC version of it, you can check it in MP3 credits right here:

http://www.rockstarg...xpayne3/credits

Nothing big, just a fun fact.

• tequilapuzh likes this

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by shushumiga, 30 October 2013 - 09:59 PM.

- okay, now about the Steam, PC playing etc.- for 10th anniversary Steam has announced 65 million active users, which has something (oh wait, more than something) to proove about PC players and gaming on PC platform

http://www.theverge....oncurrent-users

- edit: @Rashka - well, truly nice find

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Then why don't they just say something like "we are working on the pc version, but since we don't give a sh*t about the pc version we can't be arsed to work on it more then the bare minimum".

And the "why announce it if it's not working". Didn't they kinda do that anyway? They first said it was gonna be released earlier this year.

Anything is better then this silence. Do you mean that a comment from R* regarding a pc version is unnecessary?

As far as I know we haven't heard anything. Simply "We have no news of the pc version at this time" or something like that. They never said it would be released earlier this year to my knowledge. 

I'm saying that silence may be the preferred strategy rather than making promises they might not be able to keep. I'm not working at Rockstar, so I don't know the status of GTA V's pc version. For all I know it could have game crippling bugs that didn't exist on the console version. For all I know it could be done and they could be laughing at us while we wait. For all we know they could be cursing having to work on the PC platform at all after the reception of Max Payne 3. Maybe pc ports aren't worth their time and money? We don't know. If they don't have plans for the PC version they shouldn't tell us they do. Currently they have nothing to tell us apparently, which better news to me than "We aren't bringing it to PC."

"Anything is better than silence" is ridiculous. A month of silence after the console version came out is so hard to deal with? Once they confirmed the PC version wasn't launching on the 17th you should have known there would be at least a little bit of time between platform releases. This wait also isn't very bad. I mean, it's not like some people waited 15 years for Duke Nukem Forever or are still waiting for news of Half-Life 2 Episode 3 or even Half-Life 3 after the big cliffhanger ending 6 years ago. At most you've been waiting for 2 years since the 2011 teaser, or maybe a bit before if they announced it before that (I don't recall). And at least the game itself is out. We're not waiting for some unfinished product in some form of limbo that may end up being awful, we're waiting for a version of a game that is already out. It's either finishing up what they've already begun (most likely) or porting the finished product. It's not like we're wondering if the game even exists or not. 

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Alright, got bored and found something interesting, while lurking through Likedin profiles of Rockstar Games employees I found something nice, nothing to wow about, just to keep this thread up.

When you check this profile:

http://www.linkedin....co/32/a3/693/es

It says that he's working on a GTA V and the date for it is 'To Be Announced'. Last time he worked on a Max Payne 3 in Rockstar Toronto which worked on a PC version of it, you can check it in MP3 credits right here:

http://www.rockstarg...xpayne3/credits

Nothing big, just a fun fact.

Pretty sure he just didn't updated his profile.

Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Of course, I had this in mind until I saw that he's working for R* Toronto that shipped Max Payne 3 and GTA IV/EFLC for PC and that got me thinking.

tequilapuzh
  • tequilapuzh

zZzZzZz

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Why?

How about this Titanfall thing? Publisher went behind devs back (well, just not telling them) and made a lifetime deal with MS on it.

Same can happen with GTA V. How do you think timed exclusives happen? Sony/MS sending a mail with "pretty please" line?

No, they give them a nice offer you can't refuse.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Of course, I had this in mind until I saw that he's working for R* Toronto that shipped Max Payne 3 and GTA IV/EFLC for PC and that got me thinking.

Do you want me to find more information about him? :/ Since, apparently, it's my specialty?

• Smaher. likes this

Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Do you want me to find more information about him? :/ Since, apparently, it's my specialty?

I already found enough information about him, even his @gmail address, but man I'm not brave enough to stalk him, LOL!

Also, some more spying:

uwIV8H0.jpg

• _Kindled_ likes this

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

- ho-hoo, more promising ... yes, that's exactly what we need :)

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 30 October 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Hey guys !

I'm new to this thread.

Well this is just speculation but taking into account their achievement with Max Payne 3 and all the evidence that indicates the same process is being used (independent version optimized to use PC's processing capabilities and proper use of GPU capabilities and technology), the game should look better then the first trailer to be honest.

The game should be as different as Assassins Creed IV between current and next gen, different as Watch Dogs between current and next gen, I believe that this is the hidden card Rockstar keeps in their sleeve, and they've worked hard enough to make the game pleasant for an array of setups, from DX9 to DX11, without forcing anyone to have a machine armed with the latest tech.

That's why Rockstar is so confident, they probably know how much hated they are right now, but once they show their product everyone will forget all that happened in the last 2 years. They are doing exactly what everyone else is doing, the only difference is that their strategy is different and less revealing.

Also, some more spying:

uwIV8H0.jpg

What's this?

Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Also, some more spying:

uwIV8H0.jpg

What's this?