Photo

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by Fyllid, 24 October 2013 - 06:17 PM.

I would not say that Rockstar is the worst when it comes to silence. I mean, Valve is tough competition. I'm much more frustrated in how Valve choose to taunt fans about HL3 instead of outright admit they're working on it. It hasn't even been a full month since GTA V released, it's been like 6 years since the last Half-Life game. Even if there is a 6 month wait for GTA V on PC it'll be better than the wait for HL3 and we really ought to have expected a wait since it was like 8 months before GTA IV was released on PC. 

Just how I see it at least. 

Well the problem is that V is released already for consoles and no word about PC, and even if you don't want to  search for any spoilers/gameplay they come to you through social midias, friends,midia...

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by SilverRST, 24 October 2013 - 06:19 PM.

You know, I don't know now for sure but March sounds a wrong month to release GTAV PC.

When March comes to iets end, the season will be heading to spring and people will be planning trips for summer vacation.

And most of them will be busy during those busy months.

November and December are the best months IMHO to release great games.

Those are the cold months and the games hold you company.

I was really starting to look forward to Watch Dogs and The Crew but now only ACIV is on the list of 2013.

Really big bummer.

• Victor_714 likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Apparently there's going to be a 6 month re-release. For PC and next gen consoles I guess?

Watch this.

http://www.youtube.c...4EDL4IEA#t=3808

This pretty much sums it up... guess PC version will be here in 6 months... I know I should be more excited but my pc probably won't handle the game so well... it didn't handle well IV but let's hope that happened because of the bad port

Don't count on a next-gen version though, to transfer the world of V into next-gen will take a lot more than 6 months (that's if they are planning on doing so)

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

@silverRst

You keep saying "this is what happens when they (R*) keeps silent". Exactly what will happen/is happening? You being here on the forum and typing stupid posts? (just like this one)

And btw, all the anti gay stuff you keep saying, most of the people doing that, is either gay and they just don't know it yet, or they know they are gay but keeps bashing the gays to make oneself feel better.

Or maybe they just don't like gays.
For example, I hate cats. Does that mean I am a cat?? No it f*cking doesn't!!
Another one, I don't like Manchester United and bash them a lot. Does that make me a Man U fan?? Hell NO!!
Change your unlogical thinking sir
  • SilverRST likes this

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by Fyllid, 24 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Apparently there's going to be a 6 month re-release. For PC and next gen consoles I guess?

Watch this.

This pretty much sums it up... guess PC version will be here in 6 months... I know I should be more excited but my pc probably won't handle the game so well... it didn't handle well IV but let's hope that happened because of the bad port

Don't count on a next-gen version though, to transfer the world of V into next-gen will take a lot more than 6 months (that's if they are planning on doing so)

Not really. Next-gen use x86 architecture, porting for PC to next-gen will be faster than it is now.

@SilverRST, BGS starts tomorrow.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by Xerukal, 24 October 2013 - 06:25 PM.

Are you serious?

"Grand Theft Auto" could mean anything. Stop pulling all these instant conclusions out of nowhere because a slight hint to what MIGHT be a PC/next-gen version was discovered in a podcast. 

And "re-release" could mean anything. "Update thing".

Good god.

• Albert Kike likes this

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

that's it. 6th month rerelease confirmed. Was waiting for this. I'm out

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by SilverRST, 24 October 2013 - 06:27 PM.

Watch this.

Not really. Next-gen use x86 architecture, porting for PC to next-gen will be faster than it is now.

And that is not where its stop about porting games easily because of the x86.

AMD developed another new technology: AMD Mantle. This gives the devs a much easier way to port console games

over to PC and because Mantle is a low-level API. Google AMD Mantle, it's too much to exlain.

And I hoped R* would have used another technology by AMD: TrueAudio.

• Fyllid likes this

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Are you serious?

"Grand Theft Auto" could mean anything. Stop pulling all these instant conclusions out of nowhere because a slight hint to what MIGHT be a PC/next-gen version was discovered in a podcast. 

Good god.

What "Grand Theft Auto" could mean?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 24 October 2013 - 06:26 PM.

The "next-gen" consoles are basically locked down mid range PC's with a "custom" OS.  Both Sony and Microsoft are using x86 CPU's and an AMD GPU.  So with this in mind it would not take them long to port the PC version to the Xbone or PS4.  In fact the architect of the PS4, a Mark Cerny is on record as saying :-

Anecdotally for the indie titles I’ve been hearing 4 weeks to bring a game from PC to the PS4, which is quite fast. For some of the AAA titles I’ve been hearing 2 months, which is also quite fast, and that has really helped us in creating that strong launch line-up.

http://www.playstati...d-so-much-more/

This is one of the main reasons why it is likely there will be a "next-gen" version because it would be incredibly easy for Rockstar to port the PC version to the "next-gen" consoles.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Are you serious?

Good god.

GTA Online-related, or DLC-related. I dunno. There wasn't a single mention of GTA V specifically by number in there.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Are you serious?

Good god.

Exactly. Those guys are pulling stuff out of their ass. (Something that girl is used to doing)
  • Albert Kike likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I would not say that Rockstar is the worst when it comes to silence. I mean, Valve is tough competition. I'm much more frustrated in how Valve choose to taunt fans about HL3 instead of outright admit they're working on it. It hasn't even been a full month since GTA V released, it's been like 6 years since the last Half-Life game. Even if there is a 6 month wait for GTA V on PC it'll be better than the wait for HL3 and we really ought to have expected a wait since it was like 8 months before GTA IV was released on PC. 

Just how I see it at least. 

Well the problem is that V is released already and even if you didn't search for any spoilers they've come to you through social midias, friends...

That's not really Rockstar's fault. It's not their job to police the people who have played the game. It's their job to make games and even if they have some work done on it, the PC version is likely not complete yet. We have hints to its existence but we're not members of the development team who actually know how far along it is. For all we know the PC version could be in a state where it's unplayable. Why announce it in that case? I wouldn't. I'd want at least a working version. If they have a working version it's still their choice when to market, and silence can be a strong marketing choice. 

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Are you serious?

Good god.

GTA Online-related, or DLC-related. I dunno. There wasn't a single mention of GTA V specifically by number in there.

Re-release is not an update lol ... and why wouldn't they be allowed to talk about updates, R* releases updates every freakin  week 

It's obvious - PC version is coming out in March, like they did with every single GTA . 

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Nothing is confirmed!

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by Fyllid, 24 October 2013 - 06:31 PM.

@Xerukal, I think that may be a Hint about V.

Can anyone try to quote what did she say ?

She said something about a six month re-release

Here's the conversation done as best as I could:

1:02:56 - 1:04:54

David Choe:

Let me just quickly say where Money Mark is right now/

David Choe:

Uhh...Money Mark is in New York City...umm.

Chris Fleming:

That big movie...We still can't talk about it.

David Choe:

What...What movie?

Chris Fleming:

I've said it like five times.

Asa Akira:

Its's the...It's the cover-up.

Chris Fleming:

David Choe:

You know, there's a lot of uhh...There's a lot of stuff...

Asa Akira:

Wait! That's what you guys have meant this whole time by saying that big movie?

Chris Fleming:

Yeah...Well no, I just say it f*cking around.

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Nothing is confirmed!

It is for me, 6 month is perfect as in every GTA so far, re-release of GTAV sums it up. They're not allowed to talk about it, it's perfect. Thank you all see you in march

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Are you serious?

Good god.

Re-release is not an update lol ... and why wouldn't they be allowed to talk about updates, R* releases updates every freakin  week 

It's obvious - PC version is coming out in March, like they did with every single GTA . 

I'll wait for that Newswire post first. 

• InstantCClassic likes this

Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Can someone give me one reason why R* is so quiet this week? They didn't even gave promised Stimulus Packs yet to the console players I think? Last week they were saying something about early next week or something.

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Are you serious?

Good god.

I'll wait for that Newswire post first. 

December it is . This thread is dead to me till then, dissaponting Autumn of games 2013 - only AC IV is gonna be worth it . 

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Can someone give me one reason why R* is so quiet this week? They didn't even gave promised Stimulus Packs yet to the console players I think? Last week they were saying something about early next week or something.

Most GTAO issues where fixed, so they should be working on some cool stuff! They still have until tomorrow to deliver the money packs.

tequilapuzh
  • tequilapuzh

zZzZzZz

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by tequilapuzh, 24 October 2013 - 06:39 PM.

They tweeted someone the will be giving stimulus packages soon. Guess there's nothing to report really.

Some are working on bugs, there's support and rest is preparing stuff for Brazil. Hopefully we'll get some news then. Pls R*, any news is good.

Edit: Are the issues fixed? People are still crazy over at newswire last time I checked.

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

@Xerukal, I think that may be a Hint about V.

Can anyone try to quote what did she say ?

She said something about a six month re-release

Here's the conversation done as best as I could:

1:02:56 - 1:04:54

David Choe:

Let me just quickly say where Money Mark is right now/

David Choe:

Uhh...Money Mark is in New York City...umm.

Chris Fleming:

That big movie...We still can't talk about it.

David Choe:

What...What movie?

Chris Fleming:

Asa Akira:

Its's the...It's the cover-up.

Chris Fleming:

David Choe:

You know, there's a lot of uhh...There's a lot of stuff...

Asa Akira:

Wait! That's what you guys have meant this whole time by saying that big movie?

Chris Fleming:

Yeah...Well no, I just say it f*cking around.

- wait, are we allowed to talk about it?

- He's in.. he's part of Grand Theft Auto..

- Well I guess that answers it hahah

- Yea, I guess we're allowed to talk about it

- Why is that a secret, he's playing in Grand Theft Auto, in a game that out right now

- NO! But it's for the *sixth month release....*

- Oh..

- Hhahah... sh*t...

- Is that a secret?

- I don't know, Chris why do you think it's a secret?

- Did he say it was a secret?

- I thought he said something about that

- NO! 100% he's in NYC recording for it, but the game is already out and this is for the sixth month re-release

- Well you just made public announcement haha

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Fyllid, 24 October 2013 - 06:52 PM.

@BURNFIREFLY, I didn't quote everything. Just this point, wich I think it points to GTAV.

@tequilapuzh , I have a friend playing 24/7(lol) he told me it's OK, no more bugs or stuff. Most issues were fixed at latest patch.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I wouldn't say that I lost all my hopes, but a 2013 release seems VERY unlikely by now

Nico
  • Nico

You don't believe

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

The only thing we can expect this year is an announcement. But definitely not a release until 2014.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

GTAV PC announced on Nov 12, you nearly got a heart-attack.

Continue reading the announcement: Release date: Spring 2014.

You got a heart-attack.

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

- well, i was thinking and came to conclusion that R* didn't lie to us when they said that they will "close the gap between consoles and PC", they were saying the truth, but the only thing that is probably slipped of their minds is that they were thinking about next-gen consoles ... :D ... blah

Drifty1337
  • Drifty1337

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Mehhh if they release it around titanfall, ill get gta from the budget bin later on.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by Xerukal, 24 October 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Well, I got a response from Rockstar Support about that long wall of emotional, guilt-tripping text I sent... (This http://pastebin.com/vyJpEiYg)

af6cb49712.png

Abandon.gif

• tadejpetric likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users