PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
JoeM
  • JoeM

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (MRPG500 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:57)
Heīs from Austria, donīt you reconize the flag? colgate.gif

Im not good at flags lol.gif

MRPG500
  • MRPG500

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (JoeM @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:01)
QUOTE (MRPG500 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:57)
Heīs from Austria, donīt you reconize the flag?  colgate.gif

Im not good at flags lol.gif

LOL

QUOTE (MRP500 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:57)
Heīs from Austria, donīt you reconize the flag? colgate.gif

Lol, what does my country have to do with this?[/color] tounge.gif

Nothing, I just wanted to said that.

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

L'oiseau bleu

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Lol, PS3 and Xbox still get it first.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

The thing is, developers create poor ports for the PC and release them 6 months later. Then they whine when it doesn't get anywhere near console sales. Try releasing it simultaneously, and then we'll see.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:00)
Oh wow.
This is worrying. I don't care about the PC version but this just incompetence, really. They don't even know if they'll bring it to PC? Surely they should've already started porting, or at least made a decision about it!

Wow. This really is something else.

Just because they won't announce it doesn't mean there isn't a PC version in development. We have evidence they are working on GTAV for PC, Rockstar just isn't confirming it officially.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 01:09)
Oh wow.
This is worrying. I don't care about the PC version but this just incompetence, really. They don't even know if they'll bring it to PC? Surely they should've already started porting, or at least made a decision about it!

Just because they won't announce it doesn't mean there isn't a PC version in development. We have evidence they are working on GTAV for PC, Rockstar just isn't confirming it officially.

Well that's to be expected but still, this statement is poor. They should've confirmed the release for PC , just not the release date. All in all a poor statement.

irishboy
  • irishboy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (caio3771 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:51)
SA is the best GTA, but it would be even better if the game was released for PC first.
Remember, lots of great features were removed due to that crappy console called PS2 that didn't supported such features
The game was supposed to fantastic, but it's juts great due to ps2 limitations, that forced R* to remove the features.
The same will happen to V and that's why PC versions should be released first. Yes, consoles ruined the GTA's.
Also, the game is better played on PC, which is a fact; and most of the gamers play on PC, which will cause a huge loss of money to R* if they release it only for consoles or delay it's release for months.

lol cry me a river.

Squishybubs
  • Squishybubs

سفر التكوي

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

I didn't really care when there was no PC logo on the poster because quite frankly I didn't expect a simultaneous release, but this makes everything sound a lot worse.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 23:12)
QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 01:09)
Oh wow.

Well that's to be expected but still, this statement is poor. They should've confirmed the release for PC , just not the release date. All in all a poor statement.

They did this with all GTAs since GTA 2... So why whould you expect something different now?

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Probably I'll play GTA V in 2016 sad.gif

SirRandoom
  • SirRandoom

a banana thmdsrdmb

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:22 PM Edited by nc77, 30 October 2012 - 11:39 PM.

First time saying anything bad to R*, but F*CK YOU ROCKSTAR. It better be awesome port from consoles or can R* just fail. WHY is never PC first? Or release at the same time?
Must go off the internet, or I'll do something bad to my PC.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (nc77 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 23:22)
First time saying anything bad to R*, but F*CK YOU ROCKSTAR. It better be awesome port from consoles or can R* just fail. WHY is never PC first? Or release at the same time?

Because I said why like 100 times now. Thats how Rockstar's policy works. They release consoles version to boost their sales and then they release PC version and then they'll get even more money. If they would release PC and consoles at the same time then consoles sales would be hurt and they would get less money. They use these tactics since GTA 2. Why you people are so surprised about this?

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (mirmihir @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 23:06)
The thing is, developers create poor ports for the PC and release them 6 months later. Then they whine when it doesn't get anywhere near console sales. Try releasing it simultaneously, and then we'll see.

Tried it with Max Payne 3, look at what that resulted in;

http://www.mucf.net/2ko
http://www.mucf.net/2kp
http://www.mucf.net/2kq
http://www.mucf.net/2kr

Basically, PC is a piracy haven, you can see and understand why Rockstar are hesitant to develop for it.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

I don't get it. Why is every PC-gamer so angry that they will get it later? Think about this:

PC has no limitations like console so there will be extra's.
You always have more possibilities in PC games.
PC has better graphics.
PC games have more options.
It's possible to use mods in PC-games.

I know you would like to play it with console gamers, but just go to a friend/family who has the game on a console until you have it.

from an old-pc gamer who couldn't affort a gaming pc and bought a console but still want's a PC.

SirRandoom
  • SirRandoom

a banana thmdsrdmb

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 01:24)

Because I said why like 100 times now. Thats how Rockstar's policy works. They release consoles version to boost their sales and then they release PC version and then they'll get even more money. If they would release PC and consoles at the same time then consoles sales would be hurt and they would get less money. They use these tactics since GTA 2. Why you people are so surprised about this?

I just want to play goddamn game. I thought R* cares about their customers. I'm not wasting my f*cking money on a sh*tty console. 'PC version coming in a few years' Can't wait.

MartisKaneem
  • MartisKaneem

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (nc77 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 23:37)

I just want to play goddamn game. I thought R* cares about their customers. I'm not wasting my f*cking money on a sh*tty console. 'PC version coming in a few years' Can't wait.

You think anyone cares about customers? lmao.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Rockstar aren't a charity, they are a company.

Companies are designed to make money

SirRandoom
  • SirRandoom

a banana thmdsrdmb

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (MartisKaneem @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 01:39)

You think anyone cares about customers? lmao.

Well, not anymore. I guess now it's ALL about the money. I mean, like EVERYf*ckINGTHING.
Oh well, it's still just a game. Kind of.
I'm off here! Until it comes out.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Jakee. @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 23:25)

Basically, PC is a piracy haven, you can see and understand why Rockstar are hesitant to develop for it.

Max Payne 3 was leaked... For Xbox 360 1 week before being released on Pirate Bay... So consoles are piracy haven too. But it's not so often as we see on Brazil ( i live here) games here aren't cheap like it is on USA or other countries. They're expensive.. We've a lot of console piracy here... More than PC. Because PC games here are cheaper.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Edward-Is-A-Flunky45 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 23:43)

Max Payne 3 was leaked... For Xbox 360 1 week before being released on Pirate Bay... So consoles are piracy haven too. But it's not so often as we see on Brazil ( i live here) games here aren't cheap like it is on USA or other countries. They're expensive.. We've a lot of console piracy here... More than PC. Because PC games here are cheaper.

Games aren't cheap in the US or UK either, PC Games are significantly cheaper here also..

Games generally go for Ģ45-Ģ50 brand new in the UK, which converts into around $76-$80

Console Piracy is not even close to the level of that of PC

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Jakee. @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 23:52)
QUOTE (Edward-Is-A-Flunky45 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 23:43)

Games aren't cheap in the US or UK either, PC Games are significantly cheaper here also..

Games generally go for Ģ45-Ģ50 brand new in the UK, which converts into around $76-$80

Console Piracy is not even close to the level of that of PC

That's because most console users are in USA. Everyone else is on PC. And that public TPB is nothing. you should see all those pirvat P2P trackers.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:10 AM Edited by Official General, 31 October 2012 - 12:34 AM.

Listen up PC-only gamers,

You have a straight forward solution to your GTA V dilemma. You can either buy, borrow or rent a console like the PS3, once GTA V is first released, or else you gets NO play. Or be prepared to wait for the following 6 months or year. Get a PS3 or 360 now. Because if you snooze, you loose.

It's as simple as that my friends

irishboy
  • irishboy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 00:10)

You have a straight forward solution to your GTA V dilemma. You can either buy, borrow or rent a console like the PS3, once GTA V is first released, or else you gets NO play. Or be prepared to wait for the following 6 months. Get a PS3 or 360 now. Because if you snooze, you loose.

Spoken like a champ.

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

R* won't and cannot afford to screw up another GTA PC port.

Let's take a history lesson.
GTA VC: Bad port with poor mouse controls, vehicle controls etcccc...
GTA SA: Improved on these immensely, mouse worked better, better vehicle controls and visuals
Now:
GTA IV : Bad PC port BUT R* were working with a new game engine at that time.
MP3: From what I've heard, it was an excellent version that implemented PC controls well. Also better visuals.

So don't worry about a bad GTA V port, the evidence is there to suggest otherwise. cool.gif

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (ACR @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:00)
QUOTE (truespur @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:53)
QUOTE (R.F. @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:26)
pc gamers always get bs.. every f*n time. there are either really bad ports or no ports whatsoever...

buy a console

Buy a brain. You think people have money to waste on consoles just for one game? I built gaming PC 3 years ago and i still can play everything on max, i spent a lot of money on a long lasting gaming PC and i will play money games for many years on that PC probably, so i consider this great investment. Money don't grow on trees.
Yea GTAV will be great game, but R* and other developers won't fool and force me to buy console just to play one game.

Boom.

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

You have a straight forward solution to your GTA V dilemma. You can either buy, borrow or rent a console like the PS3, once GTA V is first released, or else you gets NO play. Or be prepared to wait for the following 6 months or year. Get a PS3 or 360 now. Because if you snooze, you loose.

Yeah this message is typical from any spoiled slave of capitalism. Kid, people in real life don't all have parents to spoil their children, they go to school and work part-time, have a hard time paying the rent or the house, the car, its gasoline and the few extras. Are these people going to buy a console (250$ + taxes) juste to play the game? Are you that much of a moron?

But yeah someone with your IQ probably doesn't understand this simple fact. Oh I forgot, spoiled childs normally ARE morons with no knowledge of what reality is.

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Xbox gamers will need a suitcase to carry GTAV.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

QUOTE (FCM @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 01:03)
QUOTE (ACR @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:00)
QUOTE (truespur @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:53)
QUOTE (R.F. @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:26)
pc gamers always get bs.. every f*n time. there are either really bad ports or no ports whatsoever...

buy a console

Buy a brain. You think people have money to waste on consoles just for one game? I built gaming PC 3 years ago and i still can play everything on max, i spent a lot of money on a long lasting gaming PC and i will play money games for many years on that PC probably, so i consider this great investment. Money don't grow on trees.
Yea GTAV will be great game, but R* and other developers won't fool and force me to buy console just to play one game.

Boom.

Then you must wait. The end. No offense intended by the way.

I hate platform bickering.

tomi19
  • tomi19

Playa

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (HexDrone @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:12)
Xbox gamers will need a suitcase to carry GTAV.

It's not enough.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (FCM @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 01:12)

Yeah this message is typical from any spoiled slave of capitalism. Kid, people in real life don't all have parents to spoil their children, they go to school and work part-time, have a hard time paying the rent or the house, the car, its gasoline and the few extras. Are these people going to buy a console (250$ + taxes) juste to play the game? Are you that much of a moron?

But yeah someone with your IQ probably doesn't understand this simple fact. Oh I forgot, spoiled childs normally ARE morons with no knowledge of what reality is.

Ha ha! I'm just laughing hard right now as I read your most stupid comment. You don't know who I am, or anything else about me, and you call me a "kid" ? When did I ever actually tell you my age ? I certainly don't remember telling you my age, so I find it odd that you seem to be so sure that I'm a "kid".

Anyway, other people's financial hardships or struggles are another matter that I will not discuss, as it is not relevant to me. Anyways, why are you telling ME all this, what the f**k can I do about that ?? It's not my fault that a PC-only gamer cannot afford a console too. You sound real bitter like you cannot afford a console yourself, and if so my heart goes out to you sarcasm.gif . If someone can afford to spend a lot money of upgrading their PC every so often, then they surely can use that same money to spend on a console.

My message stays the same - PC owners, stop b*tching and get a console like the PS3 and you won't worry about losing and missing out when GTA V is first released. If you don't wanna spend money on a console, then just like Linki said earlier, you must wait.

THE END

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users