PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

F*ck the unexpected dude...This ain't girl dating, it's business.....You either make money and give crap to users, or you don't make money....Guess what R* chose...They are like every other game developer/publisher w/e.....Money talks, and when money talks, even GOD himself keeps his mouth shut....And that's the end of it...Expect GTA V on PC when they f*cking feel horny about making more money....

f*ck your business. You shut your mouth if you're gonna talk about god in that way and keep your "money" attitude to your f*cking self. Stop with the disrespect and get some patience. For f*cks sake. 

We are getting something this year. Whether it be an announcement, a confirmation or a denial, or the actual release of the game. We have no choice but to wait and see, but don't try to predict a company that has a long history of making decisions that only make sense to them and t hem only.

I'm sick of wannabe "businessmen" acting up pretending they know "how da dark world of business!!! edgy!!" works. Shut the f*ck up. 

Tell you what. Truth is truth, no matter how you look at it.... R* is the same as every other game developing company, no matter what quality game they offer and no matter the price of the game itself or the platform it's played on. Once it was like this: Satisfy customer at all costs. Now it's like: Money first, no matter the cost, than give the customer what he wants. Same goes for this case, You think you'll be satisfied if you get a denial of the release date? You think you'd like the game being released on April as you'd like it to be released next month? I don't think so. I study economics in university and from what I've learned for the past 3 years, is that it's all about money. No one makes/creates/sells/buys anything AT ALL if he's not going to make profit out of it. That's how the world's economy goes on these days. Doesn't matter if it's an insurance company or a game developing one.. It's all about money dude. When they feel they will make the most profit of releasing PC version of they game, only then they will release it....

The truth can be the truth all it wants. I'm not denying it. But I'm not supporting it as something that's right. It is not. 

"But there's nothing anyone can do about it. That's how it works. Don't be a bitch."

You're right. I know this. But you don't need to shove it in my face. It's an unfortunate reality that money is absolutely everything. But it's reality, so tough sh*t, right? Right. 

I don't care about the release date. I care about the announcement of one. I need an announcement so that I may plan my money spending on video games accordingly. I'll be satisfied with whatever release they give us, as long as it is within the bounds of reason.

Rockstar sure won't make a lot of profit releasing the game when there's noone left to give a f*ck about it, though.

You could just agree and keep your swearing for yourself....No need to curse at me for saying what i think.....And you know I'm right!

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

F*ck the unexpected dude...This ain't girl dating, it's business.....You either make money and give crap to users, or you don't make money....Guess what R* chose...They are like every other game developer/publisher w/e.....Money talks, and when money talks, even GOD himself keeps his mouth shut....And that's the end of it...Expect GTA V on PC when they f*cking feel horny about making more money....

f*ck your business. You shut your mouth if you're gonna talk about god in that way and keep your "money" attitude to your f*cking self. Stop with the disrespect and get some patience. For f*cks sake. 

We are getting something this year. Whether it be an announcement, a confirmation or a denial, or the actual release of the game. We have no choice but to wait and see, but don't try to predict a company that has a long history of making decisions that only make sense to them and t hem only.

I'm sick of wannabe "businessmen" acting up pretending they know "how da dark world of business!!! edgy!!" works. Shut the f*ck up. 

Tell you what. Truth is truth, no matter how you look at it.... R* is the same as every other game developing company, no matter what quality game they offer and no matter the price of the game itself or the platform it's played on. Once it was like this: Satisfy customer at all costs. Now it's like: Money first, no matter the cost, than give the customer what he wants. Same goes for this case, You think you'll be satisfied if you get a denial of the release date? You think you'd like the game being released on April as you'd like it to be released next month? I don't think so. I study economics in university and from what I've learned for the past 3 years, is that it's all about money. No one makes/creates/sells/buys anything AT ALL if he's not going to make profit out of it. That's how the world's economy goes on these days. Doesn't matter if it's an insurance company or a game developing one.. It's all about money dude. When they feel they will make the most profit of releasing PC version of they game, only then they will release it....

The truth can be the truth all it wants. I'm not denying it. But I'm not supporting it as something that's right. It is not. 

"But there's nothing anyone can do about it. That's how it works. Don't be a bitch."

You're right. I know this. But you don't need to shove it in my face. It's an unfortunate reality that money is absolutely everything. But it's reality, so tough sh*t, right? Right. 

I don't care about the release date. I care about the announcement of one. I need an announcement so that I may plan my money spending on video games accordingly. I'll be satisfied with whatever release they give us, as long as it is within the bounds of reason.

Rockstar sure won't make a lot of profit releasing the game when there's noone left to give a f*ck about it, though.

You could just agree and keep your swearing for yourself....No need to curse at me for saying what i think.....And you know I'm right!

Oh, so you wanna step on the "mature" pedestal now? After posting stuff like;

Okay, you know what? I'm gonna start interfering your conversations.... It's too much at stake..."Final tract", "Epsilon program", "Kifflom".... WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??? I WANT GTA PC ANNOUNCEMENT ALREADY!!!!!! Stop with all those sidetrack posts....It's getting annoying!

And;

Posted 4 hours ago

Guys, guys, guys!!!! STFU with your sports and MP3 and w/e the f*ck it is....This is GTA V thread, not a "Bullsh*t topic"....Keep it simple please!!!! I'm too hyped about that PC release, so let's not get off track, PL0X!!!!

Look, everyone has to vent one way or another. I vent my frustrations in a fairly harmlessway. Jokes and facetious behavior. But I slipped one time. That time was just now. And I apologize.

Don't tell me what to agree or disagree with. I form my own opinion based on what you said inside of my mind. Like everyone else does. 

We're all frustrated and tired of the wait. That much is obvious. So let's just... relax.

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

Look, the last 2 posts you quoted were about people who were talking about which platform was the first game made for and going off track...That's all.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Look, the last 2 posts you quoted were about people who were talking about which platform was the first game made for and going off track...That's all.

Alright, whatever. Everything is okay. Let's just stop dragging this on (Yes, I know I'm contributing to the dragging on by replying, lol) and go back to proper speculation and anticipation in a day or two once the weekends are over. 

Too tired and too unfocused to contribute to anything.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

September 5, 2012 : Games For Windows Live listed a multiplayer event for Red Dead Redemption

9617616625181343.jpg

October 19, 2013 : Red Dead Redemption remains a console exclusive who never will be released for PC

• Loxley and _Kindled_ like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by Xerukal, 20 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

September 5, 2012 : Games For Windows Live listed a multiplayer event for Red Dead Redemption

9617616625181343.jpg

October 19, 2013 : Red Dead Redemption remains a console exclusive who never will be released for PC

Very, very odd.

• _Kindled_ likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

This is from the GTA IV PC announcement, it's pretty clear now that Rockstar are indeed developing GTA V for PC right now:

..... The game looks and plays beautifully on PC

http://gtaforums.com...c/?p=1058426583

See what I mean? They had already finished developing and were testing it. They used the remaining months to keep testing it and fine tune it. The same is happening with GTA V right now in Rockstar HQ. The only thing that they need to do is announce it. Also remember that 'Rockstar are testing GTA V on a PC?' screen I posted? Well here it is again:

Rockstar%20North%205.jpg

Lower-left corner. You can also see if you strain your eyes a bit, a Windows 7 taskbar. It isn't on console, that is a gameplay screen, the guy was moving his character around. The game is probably running in windowed-mode because maybe it is easier to access cmd to fix anything they find while testing.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

This is from the GTA IV PC announcement, it's pretty clear now that Rockstar are indeed developing GTA V for PC right now:

See what I mean? They had already finished developing and were testing it. They used the remaining months to keep testing it and fine tune it. The same is happening with GTA V right now in Rockstar HQ. The only thing that they need to do is announce it. Also remember that 'Rockstar are testing GTA V on a PC?' screen I posted? Well here it is again:

Rockstar%20North%205.jpg

Lower-left corner. You can also see if you strain your eyes a bit, a Windows 7 taskbar. It isn't on console, that is a gameplay screen, the guy was moving his character around. The game is probably running in windowed-mode because maybe it is easier to access cmd to fix anything they find while testing.

>plays beautifully

Yeah no, that was a lie it was not optimized at all.

• ayushisrocking likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by AceKingston, 20 October 2013 - 04:17 AM.

It played beautifully for Rockstar because they ran it on a fairly decent gaming PC we have today in 2008. If I remember correctly the processor was a Core 2 Quad, along with 4 GB of RAM, but remember this was in 2008, now you can get this for below $1000 but back then it was like $3000.

Either way this proves that the PC version was in development before the announcement for IV and that the same is happening with V.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

It played beautifully for Rockstar because they ran it on a fairly decent gaming PC we have today in 2008. If I remember correctly the processor was a Core 2 Quad, along with 4 GB of RAM, but remember this was in 2008, now you can get this for below $1000 but back then it was like $3000.

Either way this proves that the PC version was in development before the announcement for IV and that the same is happening with V.

No it isn't, it does not matter that it was great hardware back then, even with really high end hardware now at max settings the game is a bitch to keep 60+ fps at all times at any decent resolution, it eats RAM and VRAM like crazy.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

There is no way you can keep the game up-to 60 FPS at all times at max settings, probably 30 at most.

But, yeah the port was terrible but Max Payne 3's was great. The mistake was that Rockstar tested GTA IV only on high-end hardware but with Max Payne 3, they tested it even with low-end hardware which was why the port was so good.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

There is no way you can keep the game up-to 60 FPS at all times at max settings, probably 30 at most.

But, yeah the port was terrible but Max Payne 3's was great. The mistake was that Rockstar tested GTA IV only on high-end hardware but with Max Payne 3, they tested it even with low-end hardware which was why the port was so good.

It has nothing to do with them testing it on high end hardware, the game was a crappy xbox port and since the xbox has a much more powerful CPU than it does GPU it relied heavily on CPU power so the GPU was far under used.

• ayushisrocking and Loxley like this

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Rockstar%20North%205.jpg

I'm sorry, but a Windows 7 taskbar? 

PQBspBk.jpg

Sure, there's a taskbar but it can be from any OS, or a console dev-kit or just a fullscreen dev program. Saying it's a PC version gameplay screen is a bit ridiculous, tbh.

And that picture is approved by people from R* and they don't leak something as important as a PC version this way.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:25 AM Edited by jatiger13, 20 October 2013 - 06:28 AM.

I bet they're not gonna release the game before February 2014. No way they'll release it around the same time that the next-gen stuff comes out. So sit back and wait people.
I actually would prefer if it didn't come out until Feb because I won't have much time to play it before then

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

Who cares about you and your free time, we want the game now, do it rockstar or suffer the consequences(piratebay).

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I bet they're not gonna release the game before February 2014. No way they'll release it around the same time that the next-gen stuff comes out. So sit back and wait people.
I actually would prefer if it didn't come out until Feb because I won't have much time to play it before then

What a f*cking selfish statement, "I won't have much free time so I don't want anyone to have it before then" so if you can't enjoy it none of us can?

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

No offense but he was talking about his preference, not what he wants r* to do.
For example, me,being a 12th grader wouldn't mind if it were to be released between now & December-end/April 2014. HOWEVER, b/w january-march? That could be problematic for me personally, hehe.
All of this is related to *MY* situation and doesnt pose a necessity or something like that.In any case I do not see them releasing the game in january or February as most people are cash-strapped and/or busy.
  • jatiger13 likes this

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

See what I mean? They had already finished developing and were testing it. They used the remaining months to keep testing it and fine tune it. The same is happening with GTA V right now in Rockstar HQ. The only thing that they need to do is announce it. Also remember that 'Rockstar are testing GT......
Faker than a pair of vinewood tits.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

No offense but he was talking about his preference, not what he wants r* to do.
For example, me,being a 12th grader wouldn't mind if it were to be released between now & December-end/April 2014. HOWEVER, b/w january-march? That could be problematic for me personally, hehe.
All of this is related to *MY* situation and doesnt pose a necessity or something like that.In any case I do not see them releasing the game in january or February as most people are cash-strapped and/or busy.

This guy understands. December wouldn't be bad, but would they release it that close to the next-gen consoles?

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

GTA5 bundles with new console available at launch, + PC version at the same time.
That'd be awesome..........

ToMuse
  • ToMuse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Not sure if this has been seen before, but there's an amazon France listing for GTA v PC.http://www.amazon.fr...X110_SY165_QL70. Don't know if this means anything though.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:14 AM Edited by loony979, 20 October 2013 - 10:15 AM.

With all the issues they are still working on with consoles like small glitches here and there & small tittle updates to fix them ,once these are down to a minimum .i think they will announce PC it's only logic to do 1 thing at a time & not get ahead of them selfs .

With most of these glitches fixed (well from what ive heard) things may came to par for us PC users .

It's sad to say ive watched every mission b4 even playing the game & mind you im very tempted to go over my brother inlaws house to play the game ,But inside im like no ill wait for it to come out b4 i even play it so i get to experience it may way .

Time is closing in for X-MASS so lets hope to god that it comes out for x-mass would be a nice treat from R* . Till then a Release date & it's existence is yet to be seen .But lets face it every Main GTA tittle has came out for PC ,so only logic for the game to come out on PC.

Just A Matter Of When ... Biggest Game in history throw sales ,could of been Bigger with PC same time .Bring It Rockstar . Im Hungry ... didn't Upgrade my pc for nothing. xd

:) :) :)

GayTonio
  • GayTonio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

wtf is this? they said they have played the beta of gtav!!!

xspeed
  • xspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Q6600 and 4GB of ram for 3000$ back in 2008? Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. I had Q6600, 2x2 GB Mushkin@1066, GB P35-DS4 and 8800GT back in late 2007 for under 700$. GTA IV was crappy port that's it. Stop making it like a good PC is costing tons of money, and consoles are cheapest way for gaming.

"It played beautifully for Rockstar because they ran it on a fairly decent gaming PC we have today in 2008" - HAHAHA!

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Played GTA IV fine on my 2008 pc

dodgeviper17
  • dodgeviper17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

@gaytonio

is that a supposedly gta v pc? or can it be a mouse and keyboard hook on console?

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Fake, look at camera movement compared to mouse movement. They sound like just another bunch of dumb germans.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:03 AM Edited by Acek, 20 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

lol that taskbar below the game does not mean they are playing it on PC.. they just testing the console version and the third screen displays the data they are getting back..

could be PC but i dont think they would allow somebody to push that screen out..
example:

http://youtu.be/bgOsrJaibjM?t=3m26s

http://youtu.be/OHVfTsaHB5c?t=1m40s

comsoles dont have that kind of tools on them so it need to go trough PC

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Fake, look at camera movement compared to mouse movement. They sound like just another bunch of dumb germans.

You can even hear controller buttons in the background.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Nice bigotry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users