PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

This makes things very, very interesting. Because Rockstar delaying GTA V on PC to Spring 2014 would mean unnecessary competition with Watch_Dogs again. Competition that they could (And with some hope, probably will) avoid if they released in 2013. 

The only real open world competition they have now in 2013 is Black Flag, is it not? And Black Flag is like, a completely different type of open world game...

EDIT: Just realized Black Flag releases on consoles in just a few weeks. PC version, though, remains November 19th/21st. Very interested to see how all of this will play out.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by sjaak327, 15 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Ubisoft doesn't want competition against GTA V PC, this is why they delayed  :p

Actually if they were afraid of V on PC, they wouldn't delay it (if that was ever an option, I doubt it was). Now they are likely to be released around the same time, Q1 2014.

Of course, to avoid competition, R* could always delay V until Q2 2014, boy I would love to hear the whinging !

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

I wonder what's gonna happen to all those PS4 Watch Dogs launch bundles. 

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Of course, to avoid competition, R* could always delay V until Q2 2014, boy I would love to hear the whinging !

Who the f*ck will buy the game by then? The hype is already f*cked for pc gamers, they either release it next month when they actually might sell a few million copies, or delay it till q2 or q3 or q4 2014, it won't matter really, no one will buy it anymore by then.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well I guess I'll play Black Flag in a really slow pace.

• geisweiller likes this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

The only  game that would have probably kept me busy this year, now delayed. f*ck everything, especially C*. This is how I feel right now.

ibdXh3x4oTL9A0.gif

• BlackScout and tomm_y like this

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

LOL UBISOFT. 

Well, hope Black Flag it's coming out at least.

Karmijn
  • Karmijn

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by Karmijn, 15 October 2013 - 04:30 PM.

F*ck this world, i want to die. I now have nothing in november. Lets hope gta 5 releases in november.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

The Crew is also delayed to Spring 2014

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 15 October 2013 - 04:39 PM.

At least Ubisoft is upfront about it, unlike SOME developers. 

tumblr_m85bw9fGtf1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

On a side note, PS4/Xbone launch title line up is looking very weak right now. 

• PlasmaFLOW and tomm_y like this

Karmijn
  • Karmijn

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

So that's why there was no Wait Dogs on steam.

• tomm_y likes this

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Come on Rockstar! Its the signal you needed, there you go! NOW ANNOUNCE IT FFS

• qweqwu likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Now I have to make the decision of if I want to keep my pre order, or pre order something else instead. 

Only other game I really want is The Division, but that's not up for pre order yet. ugh...thanks Ubisoft.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 15 October 2013 - 04:36 PM.

shovel_to_the_face-10370.gif

Edit:

Delay is most likely because they don't want to minimize WD sales by releasing so close to ACIV. It makes sense. 

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Come on Rockstar! Its the signal you needed, there you go! NOW ANNOUNCE IT FFS

Appropriate;

• PlasmaFLOW likes this

Aanja
  • Aanja

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Ubisoft delayed something again ?

476.gif

But in all fairness, I'd rather wait for a playable finished game than an unfinished game...

Now I wonder whatever will happen with the Watch Dogs ps4 day one bundle ...

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

It's here boys. Enjoy.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

:r*: WE DEMAND THE ANNOUNCEMENT! :r*:  

• Albert Kike likes this

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ubisoft is going to release my 2nd most wanted game next year..ok...

As long as R* releases my most wanted game for the PC this year , I'd have something to play, my last PC game was Max Payne 3. All recently released games bore me.

Oh I forgot BF4!!!

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Let me guess, you never played a proper PC game on PC before...

Like BF, CoD (hate the new ones), GTA, TES, FC, Civ, WoW, MP, hell, even driving games like NFS, Dirt, F1...

All of this are way better on PC (could count more but Im tired of it).

In my mind your marked as troll and wont bother with you anymore

Played the old BF's before they were even on consoles.

Cod is garbage, I had the old titles before it was mainstream consoles.. MW2 was the start of the end.

GTA is a console title, like I said I played one of the top downs on PC

Oblivion console, skyrim PC, morrowind or w.e I tried out at a buddies.. wasnt into that kinda thing when it was oldschool

Ill admit ignorance on what FC stands for, without googling it

WoW heavy addict 5 years, stopped for ~2, I have an active account right now actually but only for the last 2 months out of years

I could go on but this isnt about me and Ive disputed your ignorant point, based on you not even reading what I said..

Im done with this garbage, accuse me of being a troll and dont even read the substance of my arguments.. Im being trolled by 5 people who just plain dont like what I have to say about the computer GTA which IS what this thread is about... discussion of the PC GTA

Haha, mate you talk about arguments, but you haven't actually given any, just generalization and stereotyping :D
Oblivion console? :D You mean when you walk a certain distance and screen appears saying loading, for a second or few, no it's much better on consoles, especially the MOD community, and modding tools, oh wait.. Talking of which is better, a controller or mouse and keyboard, well it depends, on the game and on the person. Shooters with lock-on system are boring, it's so much fun to actually aim yourself, directly, than press R2 to aim then L2 to shoot, then R1 to jump to another target, rinse and repeat, whilst MS&KBD you find yourself in different situations, and it gives a much more pleasant feeling when you kill someone, and I'm not going to even start talking about free-aim on controllers.. Racing games are better on controllers generally, since they allow for sensitive control. Again it also depends on the person, I know quite a few people who claim that controller is better than mouse and keyboard, and these people have barely played on M&KB, so that's not quite a legit argument, get used to both and then you can judge which suits which genre of game more. I personally, been playing on PC for years, but I also had a chance, back in the day to have a PS2, with which I constantly played everyday for 2 years. Here is an example for you on putting arguments across and backing them up with at least some common sense. In your comment I saw no arguments only opinions.

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

shovel_to_the_face-10370.gif

Edit:

Delay is most likely because they don't want to minimize WD sales by releasing so close to ACIV. It makes sense. 

Owned!

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Green Light for Rockstar Games

• qweqwu likes this

daew
  • daew

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

lol

suckadickubisoft.jpg

I guess there goes the plan b.

• qweqwu and tadejpetric like this

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

lol

suckadickubisoft.jpg

I guess there goes the plan b.

tumblr_ltpeojURtT1r4ghkoo1_400.gif

• PlasmaFLOW and tadejpetric like this

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

arguing about controls in a PC tread is pointless.. you can almost plug in your dick to USB and play.. stop with that sh*t..

nothing that has aiming in a game will be better on a controller (see that i used controller instead of console?).. but thats for me.. what suits you is up to you.. i hate using the lock on system that cones with a controller.. it feels like cheating, press LT then RT and you win..

i use a controller a lot since i got it a year ago (20€ madcatz one) when i'm chilling.. if i want to play a bit more "sirious" game i will not use anything but M&KB.. I played trough Bioshock Infinite with a controller and used MKB only for one of the final missions..  

Is a controller too hard for you to use? You'd rather point and click your way to victory. Seems like the mouse and keyboard are for pussies who just want to point and click on things instead of using skill.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

What, Watch Dogs delayed? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

C'MON ROCKSTAR, PUT V ON PC ALREADY.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Some news is better than no news.

Even though I'm disappointed, I'm glad they said it at least a month early so I can decide whether or not to keep my pre order or not.

Where's Rockstar's news of GTA V PC announcement?

Karmijn
  • Karmijn

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

arguing about controls in a PC tread is pointless.. you can almost plug in your dick to USB and play.. stop with that sh*t..

nothing that has aiming in a game will be better on a controller (see that i used controller instead of console?).. but thats for me.. what suits you is up to you.. i hate using the lock on system that cones with a controller.. it feels like cheating, press LT then RT and you win..

i use a controller a lot since i got it a year ago (20€ madcatz one) when i'm chilling.. if i want to play a bit more "sirious" game i will not use anything but M&KB.. I played trough Bioshock Infinite with a controller and used MKB only for one of the final missions..  

Is a controller too hard for you to use? You'd rather point and click your way to victory. Seems like the mouse and keyboard are for pussies who just want to point and click on things instead of using skill.

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-we-got-a-bad-ass-ove

• Albert Kike likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Really?

Install Planetside 2 and see if what you say is true. 

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:58 PM Edited by fyllid, 15 October 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Even though I'm disappointed, I'm glad they said it at least a month early so I can decide whether or not to keep my pre order or not.

I've just canceled mine. It's not coming until April.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I canceled mine. It's not coming until April.

Thinking of getting BF4 instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users