-

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'd agree with this until I die, I hate
consoles, they ruined and will
continue runining gta's if they don't
give a specific attention to PC
gamers.

I dont have a PC controller, who does.. games that are best played on controllers are best played on consoles

who decides what games are best played on a controller? you?

• Rashka and HaciSerkanOsman like this

tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I think it's more about your inability to understand this: Some titles are best played on the PC, some are best on consoles. I wouldnt play world of warcraft on a console and I sure as hell wouldnt play a game like grand theft auto on the PC. If I spend 5k on my computer, which I have in the past, I would still buy a console just for titles like GTA.

You should be lucky that R* is even putting out a PC title.It's not like they need your money.

I think it's more about your inability to understand the joke which was in the post... and also inability to play GTA on PC (which is really weird, in a bad sense).

• Rashka likes this

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

you are loosing a bit here.. is it best played on a controller or mkb..

as for FPS stuff.. in video examples its hard to say what is better for gaming.. for video games is different.. i remember some old games.. they were played well back in the day.. now you have a machine that can run it at 200+FPS and the game is at hyper speed.. i would have to check on that but the game was probably made so that every frame you get that much done.. if they were made for 30FPS they ran fine at 30 and if you ran it at 60 the game would make every move twice as fast..

Didnt check for fact thats the impression i got with those games..

CS is best played on MKB, grand theft auto with a lock on aim, tapping a button to sprint, a button to get in a car, to take cover etc.. its a title that keybinding all the stuff around wsad just doesnt feel right on...

GTA is a console title, it always has been... the top down games were more viable on PC than the 3d ones..

Man, this is YOUR opinion. Enough said. Some people prefer to play on MKB and other on Controller. Why did you come here anyway? To go against other people opinions without showing good arguments and expect them to accept it? Just get out of here man, you're not contributing to this thread.

• Rashka, RyanBurnsRed and SilverRST like this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Dont' feed the lying console fanboy.

Spoiler

Supposed console fanboy who just trashed the 360 and claims to have high end computers for other titles which they are better suited for.

I wouldnt play total war games on a console, I wouldnt play GTA titles on a computer.

Common sense.

I think it's more about your inability to understand the joke which was in the post... and also inability to play GTA on PC (which is really weird, in a bad sense).

I may have misunderstood a joke which Im still not sure what it was, not interested enough to go looking for one... I do not suffer from an inability to play the PC titles however, I simply wouldnt waste my money on them when they are clearly designed primarily for console use.. I had played one of the top down titles way back at a buddies house, it was fine considering the limited controls and no camera control.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Man, this is YOUR opinion. Enough said. Some people prefer to play on MKB and other on Controller. Why did you come here anyway? To go against other people opinions without showing good arguments and expect them to accept it? Just get out of here man, you're not contributing to this thread.

I would flip that around on you and suggest you need to learn to read, I backed my arguments up with explanations, the control schemes, feel, the ability to relax with a controller on a couch in front of a big screen without trying to balance a big keyboard on your lap and such.. that some people can adapt PCs to TVs but the population is so small it doesn't make any business sense to cater to them.. and the lack of a need for their money in general considering the massive success of the console titles... also example of games best played on PC that would be lame on a console.

So yea, you can say that garbage.. but really you've failed to take notice of my arguments in the last say 20 minutes (those are the only ones Ive contributed to this thread) thus your post suggesting I haven't contributed anything and veiled implication that a mod should punish me for being non constructive, you have in effect contributed nothing but off topic ignorance and you are in fact, the one who should stop posting or be forcibly stopped ideally.

Ulquiorra
  • Ulquiorra

-

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by Ulquiorra, 15 October 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Common sense.

"common sense"? A rare thing nowadays. Seems you might be lacking it.

Personal preferences are not the same thing as "common sense".

Rashka
  • Rashka

No, I'm not a girl. So many horny teenagers.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

There's a report button when you look in the right corner of his post, just report him and don't reply to him. That's gonna just drag this useless conversation further. Thanks.

• tomm_y likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by biggsull, 15 October 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Common sense.

"common sense"? A rare thing nowadays.

Good point, sense isn't common anymore, my bad.

Carry on being ineffecient and having a sub optimal gameplay experience for lack of ability to tell what platform it's best experienced on.

There's a report button when you look in the right corner of his post, just report him and don't reply to him. That's gonna just drag this useless conversation further. Thanks.

U mad breh? My posts are on topic and I have done nothing but dismiss hatefull derailing minded posts. Like Im doing to yours right now.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

Spoiler

Supposed console fanboy who just trashed the 360 and claims to have high end computers for other titles which they are better suited for.

I wouldnt play total war games on a console, I wouldnt play GTA titles on a computer.

Common sense.

I may have misunderstood a joke which Im still not sure what it was, not interested enough to go looking for one... I do not suffer from an inability to play the PC titles however, I simply wouldnt waste my money on them when they are clearly designed primarily for console use.. I had played one of the top down titles way back at a buddies house, it was fine considering the limited controls and no camera control.

Doesn't matter what they were designed for primarily. If the transition from a console to the PC is good enough, anyone can enjoy it. It all depends on how much effort a developer is willing to put into their game to make it accessible to more people, thus inviting more and more audiences to enjoy the product they worked hard on. 

Just look at Mortal Kombat 9 on PC, it was a flawless port and it was completely unexpected. It had top seller on Steam for a good while because people were actually interested, and keep in mind MK9 is like 2 years old and it only just released on PC in July 2013. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition, is also coming to PC and other platforms just next month, and it's another fighter. I no doubt expect the same quality port and care as was the case with MK9.

And these are just fighters.

Look, all of this debate, all of this heated bickering and violent discussion, we all know it will serve no purpose in the end. When Rockstar finally comes out, whenever that may be, and says it. They announce it and the date is sealed. Everyone that wants to be happy will be happy and everyone that wanted to intrude will just walk away and move on. 

Everyone will move on, regardless. This thread feels like a colossal pass-time rather than a collective sharing of meaningful thoughts and opinions, the more days pass. I just can't wait to see it locked and everyone here moving on. Just don't take this the wrong way.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Spoiler

Common sense.

Let me guess, you never played a proper PC game on PC before...

Like BF, CoD (hate the new ones), GTA, TES, FC, Civ, WoW, MP, hell, even driving games like NFS, Dirt, F1...

All of this are way better on PC (could count more but Im tired of it).

In my mind your marked as troll and wont bother with you anymore

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by lh1, 15 October 2013 - 04:09 PM.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

This just happened, all platforms delayed until Spring 2014. 

Well Rockstar hurry up and announce the PC version already ! 

• BlackScout likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by brootalperry, 15 October 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Then racing games are best played with a steering wheel, and airplane games like IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey are best played with a joystick, right?

bigsull you're pretty close-minded, but whatever. I won't get mad at your opinion. I play on PC because of the many choices of controllers I can use, like the two perfectly good examples I listed above.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 15 October 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Epic fail

mj-laughing.gif

• PlasmaFLOW likes this

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Off Topic:

Watch Dogs delayed until the Spring of 2014

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Well sh*t. Cancelling pre-order. BF4 here I come!

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Let me guess, you never played a proper PC game on PC before...

Like BF, CoD (hate the new ones), GTA, TES, FC, Civ, WoW, MP, hell, even driving games like NFS, Dirt, F1...

All of this are way better on PC (could count more but Im tired of it).

In my mind your marked as troll and wont bother with you anymore

Played the old BF's before they were even on consoles.

Cod is garbage, I had the old titles before it was mainstream consoles.. MW2 was the start of the end.

GTA is a console title, like I said I played one of the top downs on PC

Oblivion console, skyrim PC, morrowind or w.e I tried out at a buddies.. wasnt into that kinda thing when it was oldschool

Ill admit ignorance on what FC stands for, without googling it

WoW heavy addict 5 years, stopped for ~2, I have an active account right now actually but only for the last 2 months out of years

I could go on but this isnt about me and Ive disputed your ignorant point, based on you not even reading what I said..

Im done with this garbage, accuse me of being a troll and dont even read the substance of my arguments.. Im being trolled by 5 people who just plain dont like what I have to say about the computer GTA which IS what this thread is about... discussion of the PC GTA

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

That's just dandy really, like only 1 month and I almost had it but I guess we PC people can't have good stuff I guess.

This makes waiting for the GTA PC version more horrible.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 15 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Oh dear God..............Watch Dogs has been delayed until Spring 2014

Following is a statement directly from the Watch_Dogs development teams.

Our ambition from the start with Watch_Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering ‘why now?’ We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.

Looks like they were concerned about sales being so close to the ACIV launch. 

1253885876_suicide.gif

The same has likely happened with the PC version of GTA V, according to the dude related to the MTA devs.

Edit:

Maybe with Watch Dogs now out of the way, C* will revert to a Fall 2013 release again once they hear of this. The main competition is out of the way, they could possibly take advantage of this opportunity, which always existed to begin with, but now it should seem even more lucrative. 

• tomm_y likes this

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

C'mon rockstar, that's the sign you needed, release the damn game for pc already.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

arguing about controls in a PC tread is pointless.. you can almost plug in your dick to USB and play.. stop with that sh*t..

nothing that has aiming in a game will be better on a controller (see that i used controller instead of console?).. but thats for me.. what suits you is up to you.. i hate using the lock on system that cones with a controller.. it feels like cheating, press LT then RT and you win..

i use a controller a lot since i got it a year ago (20€ madcatz one) when i'm chilling.. if i want to play a bit more "sirious" game i will not use anything but M&KB.. I played trough Bioshock Infinite with a controller and used MKB only for one of the final missions..  

• gunziness likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Oh wow, that's unexpected right there... 

Well, best of luck to WD. Hope they do something about those system requirements (Probably not, lol). Regardless, the delay is for the best and I respect Ubi for making this tough decision to finish up the game even more. Not just cash in right in November.

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Loool watch dogs!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

At least Ubisoft is upfront about it, unlike SOME developers. 

• ayushisrocking, Rashka and tomm_y like this

Karmijn
  • Karmijn

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

NOOOOOOO tumblr_lvlz54poyf1qcf7e1.gif

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

gwex-500x500.jpg

Are they afraid of GTA V PC version? LOL!

• geisweiller likes this

Ulquiorra
  • Ulquiorra

-

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Common sense.

"common sense"? A rare thing nowadays.

Good point, sense isn't common anymore, my bad.

Carry on being ineffecient and having a sub optimal gameplay experience for lack of ability to tell what platform it's best experienced on.

I rest my case. Wont bother with someone that obviously trolls or are just that dumb.

Have a good life, person, and i wish you the best on your console experiences.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Ubisoft doesn't want competition against GTA V PC, this is why they delayed  :p

gunziness
  • gunziness

Trick

• Members
  • Argentina

lol, whoever says that gta is more suited for consoles than for pc is either a troll or a really dumbf*ck, i cant think of any reason (lets say tecnical reason) as to why its better to play it on a console, their hardware is limited and so are their peripherals ( cant compare a joypad with a good mouse and keyboard)

Pc grants superior performance and even mods, so theres no real reason to keep discussing that, facts are facts.

• tomm_y likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by brootalperry, 15 October 2013 - 04:24 PM.

gwex-500x500.jpg

Are they afraid of GTA V PC version? LOL!

Well this game is being developed for 6 platforms. How many platforms did Rockstar have to work on for GTA and still have trouble?

• ayushisrocking likes this

Karmijn
  • Karmijn

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by Karmijn, 15 October 2013 - 04:21 PM.

I cannot believe this :cry:

YOU BETTER RELEASE GTA 5 C*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users