PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 15 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Why is rockstar forcing PC Gamers to buy a console if they really want to play it? Why not let everyone enjoy your game? Consoles are made for racing games! Not TPS-FPS games! The mouse is perfect for TPS-FPS games! And PC haves better graphics.

Rockstar isn't forcing me to buy a console, in fact I wouldn't waste my money in a console because of GTA V or any game. I see it like this, if it come on PC fine, if not it's a game I won't spend money and sadly never play. You just fall for it if you want, It's a great game and I would like to play it, but if they wouldn't want me to play it, it's bigger the loss for them then for me, I decided to switch consoles for PC for a reason and that won't change.

As for the petitions, just forget that it doesn't have any value at all, not even in politics, so so much for a game. I'm one that will buy the game and I didn't sign it. A petition would only have any value if it was Rockstar themselves creating it to see our interest. For those thinking The Division petition made any difference they don't know anything, it's obvious the Division was set to be released on PC since day one, it has PC written all over it like GTAO has PC and Next Gen on it, that was just marketing, nothing else.

• BrutaLLegenD7 likes this

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:06 PM Edited by tadejpetric, 15 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

The PC Petition, thing, it's ONLY 600k, yes it might sound a lot, but this petition has been broadcasted worldwide via IGN, Kotaku, Joystiq, EuroGamer and various GTA Websites, and has only got 600k votes. GTA V on consoles has sold over 11 MILLION and is still selling. Not saying 600k votes isn't an amazing achievement, but you're asking Rockstar to choose between 600k and 11 Million, who do you think they're going to focus on, yes, those 11 Million still having problems with the console version. In case you guys didn't see, there's still another big patch coming for the console versions at some point.

Well it signed a lot more than for it not beeing on PC. Also its the most signed gaming internet petition to date if that means anything more.

also the biggest petition for IV had 2418 signs.

No stop acting like that, just no.

no

no

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by Acek, 15 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

To all the guys saying R* doesnt owe us sh*t.. well what about happy customers? more happy customers you have the more sh*t you will sell..

They might not owe me anything but i do not owe then anything either.. you see where i'm going? but f*ck me (and others like me) because they  have 11 million others out there..

there is a choice between 600k and 11m..? those 11m already have it.. right now the only thing developed for them is the content.. and that content is compatible for PC also so it doesnt need "much special attention" to get it to PC.. as for that petition: its only giving R* publicity.. that publicity is getting bad and worse the more they wait.. not everybody waits at that petition ans looks at the numbers grove..

• tomm_y likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

R* can suck on my dick if they really plan on releasing GTAV PC next year. I don't want to WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!
I'm really tired of their most retarded bullsh*t strategy, release GTA for cocksoles first and f*ck the PC gamers.
Well, R*, I'll just hunt and torrent your sh*t, you greedy sh*theads, I'll not spend my hard earned cash
on your late sh*t you released in 2014. I've got better things to do with my money.

Come on, it's a freaking videogame and Rockstar doesn't owe you anything. It is their videogame, and it is their decision when the game is arriving for the PC platform. We had a similar discussion already a few days ago. Sony and Microsoft probably paid them to delay the PC version for a certain amount of time so that people purchase the GTAV PS3 bundle, which is the cheapest way of getting a new console, by the way, which makes it a more attractive offer for customers. And that way, you can make PC gamers consider to buy a "new" console before MS and Sony introduce the next-generation consoles. It is a simple business decision, and it's not like Rockstar release a game for Pc a few months after the initial release.

It may be the cheapest way to get a new console + V, but not the cheapest way to get a console + v.

The PS3 500GB is around 300 euros and the xbox360 250GB is 250 euros. That's way too and too expensive!

I was referring to used consoles. A friend of mine bought a fatlady 80GB PS3 for 100 euros on ebay.

That doesn't change a thing because the money goes to the seller who sells you the used console.

It doesn't go to Sony and MS, they won't get any money.

Why is rockstar forcing PC Gamers to buy a console if they really want to play it? Why not let everyone enjoy your game? Consoles are made for racing games! Not TPS-FPS games! The mouse is perfect for TPS-FPS games! And PC haves better graphics.

Rockstar isn't forcing me to buy a console, in fact I wouldn't waste my money in a console because of GTA V or any game. I see it like this, if it come on PC fine, if not it's a game I won't spend money and sadly never play. You just fall for it if you want, It's a great game and I would like to play it, but if they wouldn't want me to play it, it's bigger the loss for them then for me, I decided to switch consoles for PC for a reason and that won't change.

As for the petitions, ignore that I'll buy the game and I didn't sign it. A petition would only have any value if it was Rockstar themselves creating it to see out interest. For those thinking The Division petition made any difference they don't know anything, it's obvious the Division was set to be released on PC since day one, it has PC written all over it like GTAO has PC and Next Gen on it, that was just marketing, nothing else.

Playng GTA on a console is just, not good IMO. Too complicated and too difficult.

The aiming, the walking, nothing is good about ti IMO.

And i don't want choppy FPS and toned down version.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Why do you guys keep bringing up the Anti-PC Petition? Do you really think Console gamers are THAT Bitter like you guys? No one gives a f*ck about the Anti-PC one because it's pointless. Saying the Pro-PC one got more votes than the Anti-PC one isn't an argument. Do console gamers give a f*ck about the PC version, No, not really, only those troll few who did sign the petition for the Anti-PC one.

You guys see this as some kind of war, yet it's only PC Gamers who try and force that in mass whilst console gaming does have it's trolls, you guys get easily tricked by them. FACT is, despite worldwide press, only 600k signatures were collected, SOME of them being dupes, SOME of them now commenting saying they won't buy the PC version as it's now too late, etc. The game has sold over 11 Million on consoles, and the first month isn't even over yet. GTAOnline is still broken, is that YOUR fault? Nope, it's Rockstar's, that one is clearly their fault and trust me on this, console gamers feel the same, they'd love it if GTAOnline didn't have problems and they didn't have to wait this long to play it safely. Truth is, Rockstar need to focus on GTAOnline getting fixed for BOTH sides, launching a PC version whilst they're still f*cked up is just adding another layer of f*ck up to the sh*t cake that is their servers.

We still don't know when this new big patch is coming out, but we can assume it will be roughly the focus for the next week or two, hench, there will be no PC announcement in that time.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

[...] GTA IV sold 3.5 million copies and adding the steam downloads it should be at least 5 million and anything around the 5-10 million mark is considered good.

It is hardly possible to conclude the actual retail plus digital sales of GTA IV, but you can make some estimations through websites like VGChartz, and official statements from the publisher, Rockstar Games in this case. So, let's do the math...

VGChartz shows that GTA IV sold about 21.11 million copies on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. The latter one makes about 0.75 million copies. People say that this is not a reliable source, which is true to a certain extent. VGC does not consider digital sales, only retail sales. So, let's take a look at one of the more recent sales reports from the publisher. Take-Two reported on July 30th this year that GTA IV sold over 25 million copies ever since its launch in April 2008. That are 3.9 million copies more that VGChartz states. If we assume that these missing copies are digital sales, and the vast majority of them is on the PC, then it would mean that GTA IV on PC sold 4.5 million times during its life time, which is an impressive number, given the fact that the game was released at a time when digital distribution was nowhere as important as today. It is safe to assume that GTAV would do even better when talking about sale numbers.

• Vercetti42 likes this

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I just found out that NFS Rivals is gonna be locked at 30 frames per second on PC.  I don't get this, you spend so much money on nice hardware only to play stuff at 30 fps, and in the case of GTA V, not play it at all.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

IMO PC is better for real racing games (yes I tried) but for leisure driving consy is a bit better (even if controller doesnt slide nicely to only a half) since at PC you have to keep pressing W (just like at consys for running). In other game types it destroyes it.

but note that IMO

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

I'm not bullsh*tting!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Why do you guys keep bringing up the Anti-PC Petition? Do you really think Console gamers are THAT Bitter like you guys? No one gives a f*ck about the Anti-PC one because it's pointless. Saying the Pro-PC one got more votes than the Anti-PC one isn't an argument. Do console gamers give a f*ck about the PC version, No, not really, only those troll few who did sign the petition for the Anti-PC one.

You guys see this as some kind of war, yet it's only PC Gamers who try and force that in mass whilst console gaming does have it's trolls, you guys get easily tricked by them. FACT is, despite worldwide press, only 600k signatures were collected, SOME of them being dupes, SOME of them now commenting saying they won't buy the PC version as it's now too late, etc. The game has sold over 11 Million on consoles, and the first month isn't even over yet. GTAOnline is still broken, is that YOUR fault? Nope, it's Rockstar's, that one is clearly their fault and trust me on this, console gamers feel the same, they'd love it if GTAOnline didn't have problems and they didn't have to wait this long to play it safely. Truth is, Rockstar need to focus on GTAOnline getting fixed for BOTH sides, launching a PC version whilst they're still f*cked up is just adding another layer of f*ck up to the sh*t cake that is their servers.

We still don't know when this new big patch is coming out, but we can assume it will be roughly the focus for the next week or two, hench, there will be no PC announcement in that time.

"Truth is, Rockstar need to focus on GTAOnline getting fixed for BOTH sides, launching a PC version whilst they're still f*cked up is just adding another layer of f*ck up to the sh*t cake that is their servers!"

Well I do agree on that point.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by Andreas., 15 October 2013 - 03:18 PM.

I just found out that NFS Rivals is gonna be locked at 30 frames per second on PC.  I don't get this, you spend so much money on nice hardware only to play stuff at 30 fps, and in the case of GTA V, not play it at all.

30 FPS is not really that bad. It's smooth, and it doesn't matter at all as long as the framerate never drops.

• Undertaker13 likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

30 FPS is more than good, i dont get people that get upset if their game is not running on 60FPS.. :v:

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

30 FPS is not really that bad. It's smooth, and it doesn't matter at all as long as the framerate never drops.

Yeah you're right that if it's consistent, like constantly sitting at like 30 you get used to it and it doesn't look that bad. But still, I got a 7990, I didn't get it to play stuff at 30 fps, I see a massive difference in 30 and 60

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

I don't get why 60FPS is better than 30FPS. GTA SA is locked at 25FPS if I'm correct and it is very smooth.

And btw, here is some 30FPS vs 60FPS:

http://wccftech.com/...-telling-games/

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by tadejpetric, 15 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Hmm I cant play GTA Online either

Wait I cant play GTA V as well.

While their Online pretty much works and V is good already.

Now thats not exactly equal if you ask me.

Not trying to bitch about it and whine all around but announcing wouldnt make "another layer of f*ck up to the sh*t cake that is their servers".

Its not like wed be playing or anything...

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by Xerukal, 15 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

revive

plus look at this video (taken from this thread http://gtaforums.com...-hahaahahahaha/)

hint : its something to do with Rockstar,console version and the pc/console audience

another hint :

Spoiler

can you guys see the similarities?

dKmWGC9.gif

Here's my unnecessarily complicated take on it;

The parachute itself is GTA V. 

The guy parachuting is Rockstar.

The glass represents inability of Rockstar to cater to PC gamers and support them as they support consoles.

The person watching represents the observing PC gamer, looking desperately at Rockstar as they slam repeatedly into the glass, failing again and again to support the PC playerbase in any way.

Tragic, truly.

I think it's more about your inability to understand this: Some titles are best played on the PC, some are best on consoles. I wouldnt play world of warcraft on a console and I sure as hell wouldnt play a game like grand theft auto on the PC. If I spend 5k on my computer, which I have in the past, I would still buy a console just for titles like GTA.

You should be lucky that R* is even putting out a PC title.It's not like they need your money.

Wrong. 

There is no one best experience on a console. You choose what platform you enjoy your games on the most. There are people that prefer playing fighters with a keyboard, believe it or not. It comes down to personal preference.

You are not "meant" to play anything on any one system. It is personal preference and it is a beautiful thing. 

But okay, since you want to play it that way, let's talk about how we're "meant" to play GTA V.

Are we really MEANT to play GTA V on almost decade old hardware? Are we MEANT to play GTA V with horrendous limitations and problems due to aforementioned hardware limitations?

No, no we are not. We are MEANT to play it at its full technical potential and marvel at its beauty, accomplishment and size. Not laugh at the silly lack of features clearly removed due to console limitations. (And no, this statement is not just about graphics. We're way past that at this point).

• Undertaker13 and SilverRST like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hmm I cant play GTA Online either

Wait I cant play GTA V as well.

While their Online pretty much works and V is good already.

Now thats not exactly equal if you ask me.

Not trying to bitch about it and whine all around but announcing wouldnt make "another layer of f*ck up to the sh*t cake that is their servers". Its not like wed be playing the game...

But you keep failing to see the PR issue here "ROCKSTAR IGNORES ONLINE PROBLEMS AND INSTEAD CHOOSES TO FOCUS ON PC PORT!" is what most gaming websites would report.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I think it's more about your inability to understand this: Some titles are best played on the PC, some are best on consoles. I wouldnt play world of warcraft on a console and I sure as hell wouldnt play a game like grand theft auto on the PC. If I spend 5k on my computer, which I have in the past, I would still buy a console just for titles like GTA.

You should be lucky that R* is even putting out a PC title.It's not like they need your money.

I don't get your logic at all.
Third person games like GTA are best played on consoles?

Hmm...nope, not seeing it that way at all. 

• SilverRST likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

revive

plus look at this video (taken from this thread http://gtaforums.com...-hahaahahahaha/)

hint : its something to do with Rockstar,console version and the pc/console audience

another hint :

Spoiler

can you guys see the similarities?

dKmWGC9.gif

Here's my unnecessarily complicated take on it;

The parachute itself is GTA V. 

The guy parachuting is Rockstar.

The glass represents inability of Rockstar to cater to PC gamers and support them as they support consoles.

The person watching represents the observing PC gamer, looking desperately at Rockstar as they slam repeatedly into the glass, failing again and again to support the PC playerbase in any way.

Tragic, truly.

Wrong. 

There is no one best experience on a console. You choose what platform you enjoy your games on the most. There are people that prefer playing fighters with a keyboard, believe it or not. It comes down to personal preference.

You are not "meant" to play anything on any one system. It is personal preference and it is a beautiful thing. 

But okay, since you want to play it that way, let's talk about how we're "meant" to play GTA V.

Are we really MEANT to play GTA V on almost decade old hardware? Are we MEANT to play GTA V with horrendous limitations and problems due to aforementioned hardware limitations?

No, no we are not. We are MEANT to play it at its full technical potential and marvel at its beauty, accomplishment and size. Not laugh at the silly lack of features clearly removed due to console limitations. (And no, this statement is not just about graphics. We're way past that at this point).

Mayb if you're talking about Xbox, the console that couldnt handle mag while PS3 could, the console that made it so ps3 users couldnt play with more than 24 people on battlefield titles by paying sony so that it could still compete as a console and wasnt invalidated.

Ps3 is fine bro, xbox is the lame duck and always has been.

The only argument it ever had was "Ps3 has no titles"... and we know how that turned out.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'd agree with this until I die, I hate
consoles, they ruined and will
continue runining gta's if they don't
give a specific attention to PC
gamers.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

I was out for 2 days; what's new?

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by tadejpetric, 15 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

I don't get why 60FPS is better than 30FPS. GTA SA is locked at 25FPS if I'm correct and it is very smooth.

And btw, here is some 30FPS vs 60FPS:

http://wccftech.com/...-telling-games/

30 is worse than 60 fps and that guy on your link is just making up stuff, I mean, why would it affect storytelling... I call that bullsh*t

Now for SA you can unlock fame limiter but everything gets F*cked up (physics, swimming speed...). You can notice its lower (it fells higher since its locked but you clearly can see it) and IV fells a lot better on my PC (locked to 75 or 85 FPS). You have to play it to fell why.

Once I had it limited to 30 and it felt bwaaaah.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by biggsull, 15 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

gamers.

My previous PC ran me 5k like I said, the one Im on now is a little more conservative.. I dont have a PC controller, who does.. games that are best played on controllers are best played on consoles, on a big screen, on your leather couch with your feet up.. not in a computer chair watching a small screen...

Obviously you can have your own big setup with a PC on a TV screen and such... but really, who does this.. 0.001% of gamers.

You really want rockstar to have a hardcore focus on PC so that they can cater to that fraction of gamers.

Their business model is sound, get with the program kids.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

you are loosing a bit here.. is it best played on a controller or mkb..

as for FPS stuff.. in video examples its hard to say what is better for gaming.. for video games is different.. i remember some old games.. they were played well back in the day.. now you have a machine that can run it at 200+FPS and the game is at hyper speed.. i would have to check on that but the game was probably made so that every frame you get that much done.. if they were made for 30FPS they ran fine at 30 and if you ran it at 60 the game would make every move twice as fast..

Didnt check for fact thats the impression i got with those games..

Game512
  • Game512

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

I was out for 2 days; what's new?

Nothing

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

as for FPS stuff.. in video examples its hard to say what is better for gaming.. for video games is different.. i remember some old games.. they were played well back in the day.. now you have a machine that can run it at 200+FPS and the game is at hyper speed.. i would have to check on that but the game was probably made so that every frame you get that much done.. if they were made for 30FPS they ran fine at 30 and if you ran it at 60 the game would make every move twice as fast..

CS is best played on MKB, grand theft auto with a lock on aim, tapping a button to sprint, a button to get in a car, to take cover etc.. its a title that keybinding all the stuff around wsad just doesnt feel right on...

GTA is a console title, it always has been... the top down games were more viable on PC than the 3d ones..

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

CS is best played on MKB, grand theft auto with a lock on aim, tapping a button to sprint, a button to get in a car, to take cover etc.. its a title that keybinding all the stuff around wsad just doesnt feel right on...

GTA is a console title, it always has been... the top down games were more viable on PC than the 3d ones..

Epic-facepalm_zpsdaaf296c.jpg

• SilverRST and tadejpetric like this

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

What about Modding?

Can console top it?

Rashka
  • Rashka

No, I'm not a girl. So many horny teenagers.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

It's a thread about GTA V PC, stop talking about Offtopic sh*t. 

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Who started!

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

gamers.

My previous PC ran me 5k like I said, the one Im on now is a little more conservative.. I dont have a PC controller, who does.. games that are best played on controllers are best played on consoles, on a big screen, on your leather couch with your feet up.. not in a computer chair watching a small screen...

Obviously you can have your own big setup with a PC on a TV screen and such... but really, who does this.. 0.001% of gamers.

You really want rockstar to have a hardcore focus on PC so that they can cater to that fraction of gamers.

Their business model is sound, get with the program kids.

Dont' feed the lying console fanboy.

Spoiler

• Rashka likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users