PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:27 AM Edited by brootalperry, 14 October 2013 - 03:35 AM.

What if it's like RDR where a PC version never came out? I would laugh my ass off at all the rage of MASTUR RACE PC GAmerz LOL

They didn't port it to PC because of coding issues. People here think GTA IV's port was horrendous... the PC port of RDR would have been worse. They would have had to build the game from the ground up for PC, which then would have taken more money, time and resources to complete, and they thought it just wasn't worth the hassle. 

This statement: "All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) – we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms." http://www.pcgamer.c...s-say-rockstar/ sort of confirms this.

This isn't the case for GTA V, because I believe they finally realized that ports from 360 to PC of the RAGE engine comes with more problems than building the game from the ground up for PC, which is another reason why Max Payne 3 wasn't a port, but a proper game for the platform. 

gggamer123
  • gggamer123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

Waiting for a PC version , i need it , but i wonder how big it will be? :D

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

This doesn't mean there won't be one. It's GTA, do you know how much money they'd ,lose without PC?

They'd lose no money.

tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

For all the adequate people in this thread — use the "Report" function (near the quote buttons) to report trolls and abuses. Mods will see that stuff and delete it later.

• Platinum2 and BakedBagel like this

jarsonx
  • jarsonx

PC Peasant

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Come on R* give us something, anything.
  • Platinum2 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

What if it's like RDR where a PC version never came out? I would laugh my ass off at all the rage of MASTUR RACE PC GAmerz LOL

That would never happen because RDR was a completely different case. Rockstar never expected it to be a success, so they didn't bother porting it to PC. However, with all the evidence and this time it's GTA. All of the previous main GTA titles have been released on PC unless you count on VCS and LCS which were Sony exclusives, CTW was mean't to be a DS exclusive but was ported to the PSP and iOS due to poor sales, GTA: Advance was a GBA exclusive.

Speaking of RDR's case, they should have ported it to PC after seeing the success. 3 years later it's still console exclusive. Maybe they were working on GTA V back then.

That brings us to another piece of evidence regarding GTA V for PC.

http://www.joystiq.c...ing-not-viable/

They said 'Between the Grand Theft Auto titles'. 

That is actually a very nice find. 

Rockstar said this, for sure? They must have meant future GTA titles as they mentioned LA Noire and Max Payne 3 in there, as well. They wouldn't randomly refer to past titles for no reason. 

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

FALLOUT 4 - NOV 10th, 2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

No word about GTA V's PC version, no sign of Watch Dogs on Steam... I'm bored...

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

^ It's a pretty old find, yes it is from Rockstar but here is another one I found:

http://gtaforums.com...r-north-part-1/

"There ain't no rest between finishing V and Online. Plus we have some other things - stuff, DLC"

Stuff can't mean online nor V they mentioned it separately.

Can't be DLC because they mentioned it separately.

There is only one thing left the PC version.

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

No, the stuff could be the DLC, stuff, DLC.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

No word about GTA V's PC version, no sign of Watch Dogs on Steam... I'm bored...

I hope it makes its way to Steam. I'd rather have it forever stored in my library than having a disc copy that I know that I'll lose over time. 

Can't tell how many PC games I've lost over the years... some of them I wish I could play again :/ Digital Distribution is such a gift for people like me xD

Even though I'm getting the disc copy from the store, I hope I'd be able to use my CD key on Steam, at least that was my plan from the beginning.

Preet_GTA
  • Preet_GTA

GTA Gamer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:38 AM Edited by Preet_GTA, 14 October 2013 - 09:39 AM.

GTA IV Pc topic was of 412 pages,we're going very close to it,hope rockstar seeing it or can we pay rockstar's attention to this topic in GTA Forums & Change.org GTA V Petition ?

then i think they'll start thinking about releasing pc version soon...if rockstar release GTA V in november or december 2013,i'll salute rockstar     :r*:

Edit-can't they make pc versions of GTA along with consoles  ?

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

GTA IV Pc topic was of 412 pages,we're going very close to it,hope rockstar seeing it or can we pay rockstar's attention to this topic in GTA Forums & Change.org GTA V Petition ?

then i think they'll start thinking about releasing pc version soon...if rockstar release GTA V in november or december 2013,i'll salute rockstar     :r*:

I think it's safe to say now they've shown they don't give a f*ck about us.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

GTA V's fun can be only increased by PC version... 

Think of the mods? good lord its going to be too much fun! 

Rockstar will announce in PC, otherwise they would have confirmed now its not possible.

Preet_GTA
  • Preet_GTA

GTA Gamer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

i'm totally agree with a guy who posted in this topic that consoles ruined pc gaming,if consoles limitations not come in pc way,pc versions would be more realistic & awesome,f*ck consoles,i started to hate consoles from now !!

i had nes system before,i had so much fun with that,but from now i hate every console in the world    :cry:

nan0s0ldier
  • nan0s0ldier

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Found something interesting.... No sources yet again but what the heck if this real R* wont see my money... I will Pirate it if its that late...

http://www.bj.com.br...paign=imggrande

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Found something interesting.... No sources yet again but what the heck if this real R* wont see my money... I will Pirate it if its that late...

I can't even read that but it looks like the article is just going off of that ancient, proven idiotic Eurogamer article. 

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Time's up, R*. No PC-gamer will buy a 7 years console anymore. Pc gamers who aren't able to wait or resist to the temptetion have already bought console+game in one bundle. From now, all PC gamers "left" are waiting for PC version to come out. You won't earn much more money now, R*.

Waiting more before announcing it is not profitable anymore. And it's not just this. More waiting will increase disappointment among us.

Bring it on, R*.

nan0s0ldier
  • nan0s0ldier

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

I can't even read that but it looks like the article is just going off of that ancient, proven idiotic Eurogamer article. 

Lol damn Brazilians... No but Seriously if R* doesnt release it this year Im not gonna buy it... My money will go to Ubisoft then... Its a great game but I'm not gonna buy it twice if i cant have it during my holidays... Anything after Christmas is too late...

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by Xerukal, 14 October 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Time's up, R*. No PC-gamer will buy a 7 years console anymore. Pc gamers who aren't able to wait or resist to the temptetion have already bought console+game in one bundle. From now, all PC gamers "left" are waiting for PC version to come out. You won't earn much more money now, R*.

Waiting more before announcing it is not profitable anymore. And it's not just this. More waiting will increase disappointment among us.

Bring it on, R*.

Yeah, I gotta say I'm just bored now. 

The actual talk and speculation is boring for me at this point, as well. And I enjoy all the crazy speculation way too much when it comes to delays and such. I can't say I'm frustrated or even tired of waiting anymore, just plain bored. It sounds like such a flimsy thing to say, but I think It's true for a lot of people. 

i don't feel like posting anymore at all. And nothing is forcing me to, for sure. But Rockstar isn't even giving us anything to talk about here, lol. We're all gonna end up walking away in disappointed boredom if they decide to stay silent for the rest of October/November.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by DlZZEE, 14 October 2013 - 10:35 AM.

Fingers crossed for announcement this week! Ohh who am I kidding, not gonna happen :/.

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

It talks about the NVIDIA "leak", Intel's last statement and the codes found in the game files. Nothing new.

Still, I don't know what's wrong with some of you who consider to buy the game if it comes even in December, but won't buy it at all if it comes in February, which would be 2 months away from December at max. Are you guys THAT desperate for it? Will the game become THAT old from Dec to Feb? Find another game to play in the meanwhile, geez, or do other stuff. The world is not about playing GTA.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by UltimateVenom, 14 October 2013 - 10:38 AM.

I banking on them announcing it 2 weeks after they release the DLC for SP...

I'm sure lots of us who bought it for a console and are waiting for PC, would buy the DLC for console and still buy the PC version when released and more than likely re-buy the DLC...

I'll buy it no matter when it comes out, and until then I will enjoy the console version.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Fingers crossed for announcement this week! Ohh who am I kidding, not gonna happen :/.

inb4 it does, please?

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:45 AM Edited by Xerukal, 14 October 2013 - 10:47 AM.

It talks about the NVIDIA "leak", Intel's last statement and the codes found in the game files. Nothing new.

Still, I don't know what's wrong with some of you who consider to buy the game if it comes even in December, but won't buy it at all if it comes in February, which would be 2 months away from December at max. Are you guys THAT desperate for it? Will the game become THAT old from Dec to Feb? Find another game to play in the meanwhile, geez, or do other stuff. The world is not about playing GTA.

Plenty of other things to do and games to play meanwhile, for sure. But that's kind of part of the problem now, Isn't it? Do we really want to risk (Unwillingly and maybe even completely accidentally) losing interest in the game by playing all these new releases that offer something as good (If not better. We don't know yet.) as GTA V? Open world titles like the much talked about Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Watch_Dogs, among a select few others. 

I mean, you come off of all of those new games and experiences in February or March, you check your wallet and you don't see much you want to spend on games anymore (After the inevitable colossal launch of next-gen consoles and the massive release of games). Then you finally see GTA V on PC, on the Steam store, and you just go; "Huh, that game. Nice to see it's finally out. I'll get it next year, maybe". 

This of course, entirely depends on who you are and what your status is, financially and interest in games-wise. But from what I am to understand by the amount of insane hype surrounding the new releases at the end of October and throughout November; loads of people are gonna be doing exactly what I mentioned above.

I'll definitely buy GTA V on PC at launch, though. Plenty of us will. No denying that, even If I like to tell myself otherwise at times of pure frustration and desperation. 

• ayushisrocking likes this

Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

I don't even know anymore...

35934b97-fcf4-4f2f-a7ba-1ed576258894.jpg

jarsonx
  • jarsonx

PC Peasant

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

If it doesnt come out before Christmas, then I'll only get it around June/ July when I go on leave. This is not the type of game you can play for only an hour a day.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

If they release a next gen version before the pc version, I won't respect them anymore.
  • Rashka and Preet_GTA like this

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

I don't even know anymore...

35934b97-fcf4-4f2f-a7ba-1ed576258894.jpg

Wow, Intel director Chris Silva was right. Its all about $$$........

Karmijn
  • Karmijn

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

I am always misreading his name as Chris Saliva.

• geisweiller likes this

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

what the hell is quarter 0 anyway?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users