Quantcast

Jump to content

» «
Photo

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

    Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

  • Members
  • Joined: 05 Apr 2012

#91

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

> Complaining about others making up facts
> Making up the fact that R* needs consoles to survive (because companies like Valve only live because of consoles)
> Referring to self as "smart"

Yeah, I see no irony there.

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

    Street Cat

  • Members
  • Joined: 10 Feb 2012

#92

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:05 PM Edited by GamerToons, 30 October 2012 - 10:10 PM.

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:02)
> Complaining about others making up facts
> Making up the fact that R* needs consoles to survive (because companies like Valve only live because of consoles)
> Refering to self as "smart"

Yeah, I see no irony there.

I think most people know that back in the day GTA III - VC - SA would have all had trouble if they were released solely for PC

I don't think it takes any brains to know that and if you don't then you're a noob or just dumb.

I think you forget that I'm a PC gamer, I'm just being honest.

Very possible that without GTA take two would have been sold a long time ago.... A fact.

Take two dies and Rockstar probably would have too.... Or been bought out by EA who probably would not have let GTA be the series we love today.

Also that kid up there said GTA was ruined by consoles. I say the exact opposite.

R* knows what they are doing. GTA IV was the top selling media of all time until it was beat 1/2 year later by I forget the movie/game ... Maybe COD 2

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

    Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

  • Members
  • Joined: 05 Apr 2012

#93

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:10 PM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 30 October 2012 - 10:14 PM.

You can refer to yourself as "smart" and everyone else as a "dumb noob" all you want, I know that's easier than trying to back up your babble with facts or trying to dispute actual facts. I won't play this stupid little game of yours though so I'm sorry, now call me another name, that'll make you look all the smarter.

Since you edited your post before I posted: no I did not forget that you claim to be/are a PC gamer, I just don't care since it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Consoles are a good thing and make a lot of money, sure. But again and again there have been devs/publishers who have shown that PC only publishing can work too. You said that would have killed R* and I said it would not necessarily have. That's all.

Mostly I was just making fun of you for that very ironic post; read it again and I'm pretty sure you'll find what I'm talking about too. No need to start a flamewar about it.

Oh and I think that game was COD4, COD2 was released long before GTA IV (2005).

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

    I'm back as a changed man.

  • Members
  • Joined: 31 Mar 2012
  • United-Kingdom

#94

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Maybe I would feel for PC gamers if they didn't act so high and mighty.

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

    Street Cat

  • Members
  • Joined: 10 Feb 2012

#95

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:13 PM Edited by GamerToons, 30 October 2012 - 10:15 PM.

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:10)
You can refer to yourself as "smart" and everyone else as a "dumb noob" all you want, I know that's easier than trying to back up your babble with facts or trying to dispute actual facts. I won't play this stupid little game of yours though so I'm sorry, now call me another name, that'll make you look all the smarter.

I didn't know I was talking to you. If you are dumb then you already know.

Facts are facts and so is history. If you wanna think I'm making crap up than that's for you to assume but you will be on the losing end.

I've got a PC and PS3. My PS3 sits there for a few days with no play. I'm busy playing Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2. I like all gaming.

Actually you are pretty dumb, just throwing that out there.

Dummy.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

    Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

  • Members
  • Joined: 05 Apr 2012

#96

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (GamerToons @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:13)
QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:10)
You can refer to yourself as "smart" and everyone else as a "dumb noob" all you want, I know that's easier than trying to back up your babble with facts or trying to dispute actual facts. I won't play this stupid little game of yours though so I'm sorry, now call me another name, that'll make you look all the smarter.

I didn't know I was talking to you. If you are dumb then you already know.

Facts are facts and so is history. If you wanna think I'm making crap up than that's for you to assume but you will be on the losing end.

Actually you are pretty dumb, just throwing that out there.

Dummy.

Man that's just pathetic. I actually feel sorry for you.

First, it was you who said everyone who didn't share your opinions was a dumb noob. Read your posts if you're too ADD riddled to remember what you said 10 minutes ago.

"Facts are facts" IF they are facts. Just because some idiot on a forum claims something doesn't make it a fact.

I will be on the losing end? I'm not fighting you child, you're way below my radar. You can't even remember that COD2 came out in 2005, not after 2008, so I ask permission to doubt your recollection of the past.

Keep insulting me though, that gives real weight to your points. I love me some keyboard warriors.

Btw, last response you'll get from me so make sure your next insults are reaaallly bad language mommy would never allow you to use without bitch slapping you, so I'll be reeeeeaaallly mad and angry, that'll show me for having a differing opinion.

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

    Street Cat

  • Members
  • Joined: 10 Feb 2012

#97

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:18)
QUOTE (GamerToons @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:13)
QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:10)
You can refer to yourself as "smart" and everyone else as a "dumb noob" all you want, I know that's easier than trying to back up your babble with facts or trying to dispute actual facts. I won't play this stupid little game of yours though so I'm sorry, now call me another name, that'll make you look all the smarter.

I didn't know I was talking to you. If you are dumb then you already know.

Facts are facts and so is history. If you wanna think I'm making crap up than that's for you to assume but you will be on the losing end.

Actually you are pretty dumb, just throwing that out there.

Dummy.

Man that's just pathetic. I actually feel sorry for you.

First, it was you who said everyone who didn't share your opinions was a dumb noob. Read your posts if you're too ADD riddled to remember what you said 10 minutes ago.

"Facts are facts" IF they are facts. Just because some idiot on a forum claims something doesn't make it a fact.

I will be on the losing end? I'm not fighting you child, you're way below my radar. You can't even remember that COD2 came out in 2005, not after 2008, so I ask permission to doubt your recollection of the past.

Keep insulting me though, that gives real weight to your points. I love me some keyboard warriors.

I said I didn't know what game beat GTA IV maybe Modern Warfare two?

Who really cares. Point being GTA IV smashed world box office releases ( unheard of for a videogame... Usually a title held by movies)

Ohh and guess what... No PC release was needed.

There's your facts and if you don't know how to factcheck let me introduce you to a little site called GOOGLE!

So dumb.... I swear

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

    Stay Golden Ponyboy

  • Moderator
  • Joined: 08 Apr 2007
  • None

#98

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

I hereby welcome everyone to come to my house to play GTA V upon release. First come first serve... dont eat my food though

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

    Street Cat

  • Members
  • Joined: 10 Feb 2012

#99

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:26)
I hereby welcome everyone to come to my house to play GTA V upon release. First come first serve... dont eat my food though

I'm so doing a midnight release purchase just like I did with IV.

Infact the last midnight release I did was IV.

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

    Leave me alone.

  • Members
  • Joined: 31 Oct 2011

#100

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (GamerToons @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:28)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:26)
I hereby welcome everyone to come to my house to play GTA V upon release. First come first serve... dont eat my food though

I'm so doing a midnight release purchase just like I did with IV.

Infact the last midnight release I did was IV.

I would love to do that but... to young...

So ill just pre-order online and enjoy it on day one on my PS3 or 360... not sure what version to get... one thing is certain.. My PC wont be playing it on day one...


Andreas
  • Andreas

    GTAV Forum Leader

  • Leone Family Mafia
  • Joined: 27 May 2012
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

#101

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:43)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:40)
I think it's better if I kill my hopes for GTA V anytime soon after the console version now. Grand Theft Auto V in November/December 2013. Great. turn.gif

No consoles anywhere near you? I know it isn't quite the same but at least you can play earlier.

No. I don't have any consoles (except a Playstation, a Playstation 2 and a broken XBox). I won't buy a console since I don't have much money because I'm a student. Yeah, I just have to be patient for another year.

harbujahn the great
  • harbujahn the great

    SOON....YOU WILL ALL BE HUNTED DOWN IN LOS SANTOS !!!

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Aug 2012

#102

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:32)
Is it just me or are the majority of pc gamers just angry people in general?

they need to buy a console and find happyness icon14.gif

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

    Jerichoholic

  • Members
  • Joined: 06 Dec 2008

#103

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:12)
Maybe I would feel for PC gamers if they didn't act so high and mighty.

Not all PC gamers act high and mighty. cough... me ...cough

JoeM
  • JoeM

    Playa

  • Members
  • Joined: 26 Aug 2005

#104

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:35)
No. I don't have any consoles (except a Playstation, a Playstation 2 and a broken XBox). Yeah, I just have to be patient for another year.

Get saving man, it's going to be at least 6 months before it's out.
Sell stuff you dont need, ask for cash for Christmas (if you celebrate christmas, im not sure where your from) or in true gta form, steal one lol.gif

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra
  • GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

    Playa

  • Members
  • Joined: 12 Mar 2011

#105

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm a console guy through and through, but I do feel for PC gamers. But thats why it helps to own both a PC and a console.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

    Jerichoholic

  • Members
  • Joined: 06 Dec 2008

#106

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Maybe I'll buy a PS3 if R* says nothing about the PC version till February.

fiftyyy
  • fiftyyy

    Mr Sociopath

  • Members
  • Joined: 06 Jan 2012

#107

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:35)
QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:43)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:40)
I think it's better if I kill my hopes for GTA V anytime soon after the console version now. Grand Theft Auto V in November/December 2013. Great. turn.gif

No consoles anywhere near you? I know it isn't quite the same but at least you can play earlier.

No. I don't have any consoles (except a Playstation, a Playstation 2 and a broken XBox). I won't buy a console since I don't have much money because I'm a student. Yeah, I just have to be patient for another year.

Ive got enough ATM to buy a console + decent tv, but i dont think its f*cking worth. If i choose to buy a console:

-I will buy a piece of hardware that would be outdated in a year
-is not useful beyod gaming
-IS NOT comfortable for playing 3rd person games (keyboard/mouse ftw)

-Chewy-
  • -Chewy-

    Chewing all day long

  • Members
  • Joined: 02 Feb 2008

#108

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

I feel bad for PC gamers, I hate exclusives

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

    Good Catholic Boy

  • Members
  • Joined: 03 Jul 2012

#109

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

As a casual PC gamer (TF2 from time to time) I do not understand why PC versions take so long. Anyone wanna fill me in?

JoeM
  • JoeM

    Playa

  • Members
  • Joined: 26 Aug 2005

#110

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (-Chewy- @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:43)
I hate exclusives

Me to, remember IV's Xbox exclusive DLC? Well I own a PS3 lol.
Got it in the end though, worth the wait.

I know for a fact though that if GTA wasnt coming out on PS3 day one, I would buy whatever platform it came out on, yup fanboy alert.

Andreas
  • Andreas

    GTAV Forum Leader

  • Leone Family Mafia
  • Joined: 27 May 2012
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

#111

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Elyobo893 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:45)
As a casual PC gamer (TF2 from time to time) I do not understand why PC versions take so long. Anyone wanna fill me in?

Because the PC platform isn't as profitable as the consoles. I believe that the development for PC is cheaper but it doesn't sell as much as the console version.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

    Ermahgerd GTA V

  • Members
  • Joined: 28 Oct 2012

#112

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Elyobo893 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:45)
As a casual PC gamer (TF2 from time to time) I do not understand why PC versions take so long. Anyone wanna fill me in?

Because that's how Rockstar's policy works. They release PC version later (like 5-6months, still we don't know how much we'll wait for GTA V PC version, maybe 5-6months, maybe 1 or 2 months) to boost consoles sales. And it's like this since GTA 2. In addition to this, they never anounce PC version next to consoles. NEVER. They'll release some kind of PC announcement trailer ant that's all (but first I think they'll give us some info or hints about PC version).

Flood
  • Flood

    Player Hater

  • Members
  • Joined: 10 Nov 2011

#113

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Im very mad about this thing. I truly hoped that they would work on the PC version. Very big dissapointment. I planned to buy a new computer, but now... I am defenitely not going to buy new PC, Xbox, TV all together.

So R*, you made me a big big dissapointment. Ur reputation just lowered.

sry for bad english

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

    Jerichoholic

  • Members
  • Joined: 06 Dec 2008

#114

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Releasing the artwork on steam and not releasing it for PC... WTF?

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

    Thug

  • Members
  • Joined: 09 Jul 2011

#115

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Elyobo893 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:45)
As a casual PC gamer (TF2 from time to time) I do not understand why PC versions take so long. Anyone wanna fill me in?

It likely has to do with three main factors:
Better textures/graphics
More features than console versions
Multitude of PC setups and components that the game needs to run on

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

    Wet n Ready

  • Members
  • Joined: 01 Apr 2011

#116

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

This is not worthy of being news. This is a non-news. sad.gif

MRPG500
  • MRPG500

    Thug

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 03 Aug 2012

#117

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (JoeM @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:39)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:35)
No. I don't have any consoles (except a Playstation, a Playstation 2 and a broken XBox). Yeah, I just have to be patient for another year.

Get saving man, it's going to be at least 6 months before it's out.
Sell stuff you dont need, ask for cash for Christmas (if you celebrate christmas, im not sure where your from) or in true gta form, steal one lol.gif

Heīs from Austria, donīt you reconize the flag? colgate.gif

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

    BIGGOS_010

  • The Yardies
  • Joined: 03 Jun 2007
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

#118

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

Oh wow.
This is worrying. I don't care about the PC version but this just incompetence, really. They don't even know if they'll bring it to PC? Surely they should've already started porting, or at least made a decision about it!

Wow. This really is something else.

Andreas
  • Andreas

    GTAV Forum Leader

  • Leone Family Mafia
  • Joined: 27 May 2012
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

#119

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (mirmihir @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:52)
Releasing the artwork on steam and not releasing it for PC... WTF?

Yeah, I thought that too.

QUOTE (MRP500 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:57)
Heīs from Austria, donīt you reconize the flag? colgate.gif

Lol, what does my country have to do with this?
tounge.gif

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

    Ermahgerd GTA V

  • Members
  • Joined: 28 Oct 2012

#120

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:00 PM Edited by ViciousLuke, 30 October 2012 - 11:06 PM.

QUOTE (mirmihir @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 22:52)
Releasing the artwork on steam and not releasing it for PC... WTF?

Well they said that Spring in 2013 is for X360 and PS3 smile.gif Of course they will release PC version, it's already clear... That's how Rockstar's policy works since GTA 2... You shouldn't be surprised. GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV - all these games were announced only for consoles (Xbox/Xbox 360 and Playstation 2/ Playstation 3) but after 5-6 months PC users got PC versions. This is how it works.

Even if they started something (and I think they already started doing something with PC version) they won't tell us. They'll tell us when they will be ready.

EDIT: Now when I look at their post about PC versions I can see that they said "don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time." Yeah, they "don't have" any details to share smile.gif Not that they don't have any details at all, they have, but it's just not the time to share those details. Just wait.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users