20,084 replies to this topic
sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Actually, the progress is being saved on R*'s servers. Whatever happens during the session, and how you actually get money, could probably be modded.

If that's the case its kinda a dumb way to go.. why would they go for a system like that? well they must at least have a way of checking the progress vs the money gain.. also why being online for that. (EDIT a.k.a easy cracking inbound? no way it must be going trough the server a bit more)..

EDIT2: can you post any sources?

At this very moment, people are already modding GTAO. There are already reports of people on PS3 having god mode and what not.

Yes they probably have some checks in place, but judging from the last time around, they didn't managed to root out cheating completely.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

LOL @ modding server money! Wtf did that guy smoked??? It must be the strongest sh*t ever in the world

to come up with something like that! Modding server money ROFL, sounds like hacking, Hacking the city with Watch Dogs.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

R* wants to bring it out on pc, but don't want you to mod it anymore. The route they are taking is that you have to pay ingame money for EVERYTHING! So, if you mod money the cash cards are useless.

Did you start playing GTA when GTA V came out?

This is the most ignorant post I've ever seen.
They even posted the Gentleman video on their R* page (In which I helped with troubleshoot for Yeardley Diamond my friend)

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by Acek, 12 October 2013 - 10:13 PM.

At this very moment, people are already modding GTAO. There are already reports of people on PS3 having god mode and what not.

Yes they probably have some checks in place, but judging from the last time around, they didn't managed to root out cheating completely.

Well god mode, aimbot and such I've seen before.. its "kinda easy" to do if the "combat" is client side (Planetside 2 comes to mind).. but to have stats client side and floating around for somebody to change them is new to me.. then again never really researched much into cheating.. 

• Rashka likes this

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by LadyBrecky, 12 October 2013 - 10:21 PM.

@LadyBeck Valve released an incomplete game to customers and they don't want to finish it (*Cough* Half Life 3) the end.

No they didn't they never released an incomplete game, they haven't said they are done with the half life series and even if they wanted to end it on HL2:E2, they could if they want. People seem to think it's been like 20 years since the last HL, it is just now becoming 7 years since HL2:EP2.

Edit: They've released amazing games since the 90s, they don't owe you more games. Would you rather they rush out another HL just so it's done and it be terrible and leave an awful taste in everyone's mouth or would you rather let them work on it for as long as it takes?

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

I've been watching some GTA:O gameplay videos, I'm not too enthusiastic about how the driving looks, it looks really arcadey and unrealistic compared to IV, can anyone comment? I've also heard that vehicle damage is not as detailed.

Rock$tar, M$, $ony, $team. All of these are about earning money. What a surprise.

If you don't like it, vote with your feet. It's hardly rocket science.

That's not true about Steam, valve has proven time and time again to care more about consumers than profits. So do not rank Valve with them.

The driving looks really arcady to me too and also the damage physics.

But don't worry. Those are controlled by a file named handling.dat or handling.cfg.

Once GTAV hits the PC, we can improve and enhance them.

What the f*ck happened, I just watched quite a few more videos of people driving what the hell R*? The damage is atrociously under detailed compared to IV, the physics look like something our of SR3/4. What the hell were they thinking? The rest of the game looks great but I'm just blown away at how much of a downgrade the driving is compared to IV, I think IV might have been a bit overboard at times with it's driving but this is just ridiculous looking.

GTA IV driving was really challenging to drive fast and not slam into everything, V looks like a breeze.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:42 PM Edited by SilverRST, 12 October 2013 - 10:45 PM.

I've been watching some GTA:O gameplay videos, I'm not too enthusiastic about how the driving looks, it looks really arcadey and unrealistic compared to IV, can anyone comment? I've also heard that vehicle damage is not as detailed.

Rock$tar, M$, $ony, $team. All of these are about earning money. What a surprise.

That's not true about Steam, valve has proven time and time again to care more about consumers than profits. So do not rank Valve with them.

But don't worry. Those are controlled by a file named handling.dat or handling.cfg.

What the f*ck happened, I just watched quite a few more videos of people driving what the hell R*? The damage is atrociously under detailed compared to IV, the physics look like something our of SR3/4. What the hell were they thinking? The rest of the game looks great but I'm just blown away at how much of a downgrade the driving is compared to IV, I think IV might have been a bit overboard at times with it's driving but this is just ridiculous looking.

GTA IV driving was really challenging to drive fast and not slam into everything, V looks like a breeze.

Exactly. There are replies in the modding section complaining the comet is like a Tank.

It won't get damaged, even if you drive with huge speed and crash to the wall, even when jumping high

from the hills, only some very little damage and few scratches. GTAV has a very huge map, I want

to crash sh*t and once the car gets crashed very badly, wheels are gone and the engine is broken,

I want to walk and search for a car. I don't want to drive from A to B through the entire map with a "tank".

I remember when I first played GTAIV, the handling was indeed very challenging.

I had difficulties chasing the bad guy in the first chase mission. It was really good

and that is exactly what it should be when chasing someone and must not lose him.

The brakes and all. I miss that game. I'll install it once I have a new PC.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Exactly. There are replies in the modding section complaining the comet is like a Tank.

It won't get damaged, even if you drive with huge speed and crash to the wall, even when jumping high

from the hills, only some very little damage and few scratches. GTAV has a very huge map, I want

to crash sh*t and once the car gets crashed very badly, wheels are gone and the engine is broken,

I want to walk and search for a car. I don't want to drive from A to B through the entire map with a "tank".

Can you even get launched out your wind shield anymore? That was like my favorite detail in IV, because it was such a surprise when it happened to you the first time.

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

- oh, searching a car - sweetest part of every GTA game

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Can you even get launched out your wind shield anymore? That was like my favorite detail in IV, because it was such a surprise when it happened to you the first time.

I did that always on purpose haha. I modded the handling so much the car would go from 0 to 300 mp/h.

This only just to get lauched out of the window and see and hear Niko screams all the way out haha.

Dielos
  • Dielos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

I saw somewhere a video of a mod changing that already, handling and damage, for consoles. I think it was at 7sins. I think those are easily editable files and wouldn't worry me too much. Will be the first mods to come out for sure.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

I saw somewhere a video of a mod changing that already, handling and damage, for consoles. I think it was at 7sins. I think those are easily editable files and wouldn't worry me too much. Will be the first mods to come out for sure.

But that's still a big problem, GTA V vanilla was designed with those driving controls so with IV's type of handling it falsely increases the difficulty probably a great deal. IV's missions were designed with it's driving handling in mind and I'm sure V is the same. :/

Dielos
  • Dielos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Dielos, 12 October 2013 - 11:07 PM.

But that's still a big problem, GTA V vanilla was designed with those driving controls so with IV's type of handling it falsely increases the difficulty probably a great deal. IV's missions were designed with it's driving handling in mind and I'm sure V is the same. :/

Yes that is true. Playing the main story line with such a mod would be a real challenge. I'm not sure how the AI would handle it. Also, the police would need toning down, as they look extremely aggressive in V, probably due to the actual damage and handling

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I don't think you can. In fact, if you hit something that hard the car explodes and you're dead. Tbh, the damage model in GTA V sucks balls. You lose a bumper every now and then and that's all. And the sound when you hit another car is just horrible, it makes me drive extra carefully just to avoid that sound.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

I don't think you can. In fact, if you hit something that hard the car explodes and you're dead. Tbh, the damage model in GTA V sucks balls. You lose a bumper every now and then and that's all. And the sound when you hit another car is just horrible, it makes me drive extra carefully just to avoid that sound.

You certainly can, It happend to me once, but in IV it happened much more often.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

If they do mod some basic features of the game, i would like them to remove the damage of being ejected from your car, that's one of the most fun for the lols feature in IV.

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by GTA-Bobski, 12 October 2013 - 11:12 PM.

You certainly can, It happend to me once, but in IV it happened much more often.

Well, there you have it. I've played some 30 hours singleplay and had plenty of highspeed car crashes and never went out the wind shield. But I died several times because the car exploded.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 12 October 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Holy sh*t, could it be?!

Is this a console hack, or what? :/

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

thats on console you can hear the clicking noise for sprint

Dielos
  • Dielos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

They just swapped the models. It's the same engine after all, no?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I mean, I know it's possible lol. But ain't it possible to hack the game settings into your monitor? It's been done before.

So, you can do sh*t like this.

nikoV_pants_zps1e80ca96.jpg

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

I mean, I know it's possible lol. But ain't it possible to hack the game settings into your monitor? It's been done before.

Wow, Niko looks much better when he is in LS in GTAV! The weather worked out pretty good for him it seems.

• _Kindled_ likes this

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm guessing the lip sync is all messed up right lol?

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by xreppiz, 12 October 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Holy sh*t, could it be?!

maybe gta online character creation?

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

- but what worries me most (bcs i've red some articles) that through a whole game, SP of course, you can have (buy) only one safe house with garage per character and each garage can store up to 5 vehicles, and every other safe house with garage is buyable ONLY through Online version of the game (up to 21 safe houses)

- well, this is totally ridiculous

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Holy sh*t, could it be?!

maybe gta online character creation?

That wouldn't explain the cut off hands.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

- but what worries me most (bcs i've red some articles) that through a whole game, SP of course, you can have (buy) only one safe house with garage per character and each garage can store up to 5 vehicles, and every other safe house with garage is buyable ONLY through Online version of the game (up to 21 safe houses)

- well, this is totally ridiculous

When it comes to PC, it will be modded. All the exclusive content for Online, Collector's Edition and so on will be available on regular SP.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by Acek, 13 October 2013 - 12:04 AM.

you can still fly out of a car in GTAV.. the good stuff is that if you like stand still for a few seconds the character pulls the seat belt on.. the details man xD

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Yea *sigh* i'm out of that newswire. S1LVERW0LF give us some good news... *sigh*

Well I wish I had, but all I do is look for hints and clues about the PC version/ release date and there isn't anything actually new lately, or at least strong enough to indicate it.

Like I said when we first saw that leak of two different retailers with the release date being changed ot the window of November/December and a week later Rockstar taking action over websites with the leaked PS3 PC/DX11 code and then new retailers coming out of the blue with the expected "Spring 2014" date, I thought that could be just a damage control stunt, that would be kept till the sales went down and or the JP version was out.

Now I still think the same, but I'm afraid after so many leaks from various sources (SONY UK, Nvidia...) that Rockstar is whiling to take harder measures and actually delay it further from their initial date. Either that or the last numbers they've seen of pre-orders from incoming games scared them.

I'd say if this coming week with the numbers of JP version out and slowing down if we don't get anything that most likely the game was pushed to 2014. The week before the release of the major titles like ACIV, WD, NFS Rivals, COD Ghosts, BF4 ... is the only logic and smartest window to release GTA V, after that they need to be very confident that whoever bought those will spend more money and not wait a few months. Or release it in December when all the heat is down and aim to the Christmas shopping. Anyway and taking into account the big retailers have it to pre-order for quite some time the fact is the majority doesn't and they might whine if Rockstar releases the game 1 or 2 months after an "unexpected announcement".

Over all this there is another possible scenario that I can see as being true and that is the Next Gen release as a boosting sales title, but even if it happens I'm afraid the agreement with SONY will make that announcement only possible once the PS4 is out. But the current number of pre-orders is higher then the actual available consoles so it's possible they don't need that extra boost.

I said the game was being developed side by side like MP3 was even before of the leaked logs, I keep very sure about that and that could mean a shorter waiting time for a release but Rockstar is known for their delays, either for technical issues or "under the table deals" so till their word is out or any retailer leaks some official internal documents there is no chance of knowing it for sure.

Although I think think it's very interesting that this article posted 3 days ago, clearly states they ran tests with this GPU in GTAV PC and even more interesting is that is was clearly removed. So this means the game is ready and already being tested by GPU manufacturers. I mean this was not a mistake it was removed completely, and unfortunately there is no cache of it either:

http://www.ocaholic....=16&itemid=1110

So let's see if the next week brings some news (it's funny it was said some weeks ago we would get news only when we reached 400 pages, that was like in page 320, so we're in page 400 so let's hope thats a good sign).

• geisweiller, Acek, Albert Kike and 1 other like this

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

That wouldn't explain the cut off hands.

It's a console mod.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users