PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Rock$tar, M$, $ony, $team. All of these are about earning money. What a surprise.

If you don't like it, vote with your feet. It's hardly rocket science.

• Big Danny K likes this

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by LadyBrecky, 12 October 2013 - 08:00 PM.

I've been watching some GTA:O gameplay videos, I'm not too enthusiastic about how the driving looks, it looks really arcadey and unrealistic compared to IV, can anyone comment? I've also heard that vehicle damage is not as detailed.

Rock$tar, M$, $ony, $team. All of these are about earning money. What a surprise.

That's not true about Steam, valve has proven time and time again to care more about consumers than profits. So do not rank Valve with them.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Are you really starting this back up  Ash_735?

No, but if people keep responding to me It'd be rude not to reply. Even though otter has pretty much ended it and I agreed with him on ending it, it's others dragging it back up! Oh wait, they CAN do this but I can't say anything because it doesn't fit in with the message you guys WANT to believe about Sony and Microsoft spitting on PC Gamers?

How about this, when GTAV comes out on PC, it betetr damn well break all sales records, because if it doesn't you PC Only Gamers gave failed, because Console gamers have smashed all sales records for GTAV.

And you continue to troll.

Do we have a deal though? GTAV NEEDS to break some sort of record on PC if PC Gaming is as massive and huge as you guys make out, it should be able to do 4 Million in the first week yeah? A nice target.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

No, but if people keep responding to me It'd be rude not to reply. Even though otter has pretty much ended it and I agreed with him on ending it, it's others dragging it back up! Oh wait, they CAN do this but I can't say anything because it doesn't fit in with the message you guys WANT to believe about Sony and Microsoft spitting on PC Gamers?

How about this, when GTAV comes out on PC, it better damn well break all sales records, because if it doesn't you PC Only Gamers gave failed, because Console gamers have smashed all sales records for GTAV.

Why do you keep using terms like "Sony/MS hating PC Gamers" or "Sony and Microsoft spitting on PC gamers" ?  Both Sony and Microsoft are doing what is best for their particular platform.   Both Sony and Microsoft are doing what they can to make GTA 5 as appealing as possible to the gamer so they can shift consoles and their versions of the game.

Not once in my posting have I been derogatory towards Sony or Microsoft.  Not once have I suggested this is a "witch hunt against PC gamers".  I have merely stated that it is in their interest to restrict the number of platforms GTA 5 appears on.  You are the one using term like "PC haters".

As for the PC version "breaking records" yeah erm that aint going to happen and Rockstar know this.  By the time the PC version hits many really won't give a sh*t, most will think "f*ck it I waited this long I will wait till it is a fiver".  Other people will think "f*ck I remember GTA 4 on the PC I aint touching 5".  The deck is loaded against GTA 5 breaking records on the PC.  All Rockstar can hope for is it will do "well".  But that is Rockstars problem not mine.  I haven't bought or played a Rockstar game since GTA 4 and oddly enough I didn't "die".

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

How about this, when GTAV comes out on PC, it betetr damn well break all sales records, because if it doesn't you PC Only Gamers gave failed, because Console gamers have smashed all sales records for GTAV.

Do we have a deal though? GTAV NEEDS to break some sort of record on PC if PC Gaming is as massive and huge as you guys make out, it should be able to do 4 Million in the first week yeah? A nice target.

You'll never know how much GTA V makes off of PC :) Valve won't release the numbers and Taketwo/Rockstar are most likely not allowed, so I'm sure you'll come back here with retail numbers of something like 500k and be like "SO BIG GUISE"

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by sjaak327, 12 October 2013 - 08:05 PM.

I've been watching some GTA:O gameplay videos, I'm not too enthusiastic about how the driving looks, it looks really arcadey and unrealistic compared to IV, can anyone comment? I've also heard that vehicle damage is not as detailed.

That's not true about Steam, valve has proven time and time again to care more about consumers than profits. So do not rank Valve with them.

I find that impossible to believe. Valve is a company, just as the other three, companies aren't founded for the greater good of their customers. They are founded to make a profit. Valve is no exception.

About the driving, yes it is certainly more arcadey than IV, but once you get used to it, it is ok.

IV certainly was more realistic than V, but of course even IV wasn't really realistic.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

You'll never know how much GTA V makes off of PC :) Valve won't release the numbers and Taketwo/Rockstar are most likely not allowed, so I'm sure you'll come back here with retail numbers of something like 500k and be like "SO BIG GUISE"

Even for a retail release though, GTA is massive, it should be able to do at least a MILLION worldwide on retail alone right?

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

I find that impossible to believe. Valve is a company, just as the other three, companies aren't founded for the greater good of their customers. They are founded to make a profit. Valve is no exception.

I don't care if you believe it, please find me one instance of Valve being uncaring to their customers, the worst thing about Valve is their support email is so slow. That is literally it, they do sales constantly, they still update games from 10+ years ago, they support the mod community with open arms, they have made PC way bigger and a much easier area of gaming to get into, they have promoted eSports big time and have made it more popular at a regular life level. If you can find me some instance of Valve being a typical company, I would love to see it.

Even for a retail release though, GTA is massive, it should be able to do at least a MILLION worldwide on retail alone right?

I doubt it, retail PC games aren't that big, Gamestop does not stock them well and does not promote them, stores like Walmart and etc don't either. I don't know about other shops like EB games. But I doubt they will sell over 800k retail, most PC gamers use digital download.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

@ladybrecky, I don't claim Valve is uncaring of their customers. No company is uncaring for their customers, if they were they would be out of business in no time.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

@ladybrecky, I don't claim Valve is uncaring of their customers. No company is uncaring for their customers, if they were they would be out of business in no time.

That is not true, companies like the ones that made WarZ? You think they care at all? Rumour was they were planning on dropping the game after 6 months.

Point is companies like Valve, cd projekt red, and others that I can't think of are very great to their customers. Valve is generally regarded as the best game company among informed gamers, they have done so much for gaming and have pushed the boundaries so far to stimulate this industry.

BrutaLLegenD7
  • BrutaLLegenD7

Witcher

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by BrutaLLegenD7, 12 October 2013 - 08:29 PM.

I recommend you guys watch this. GTA V actors on comic con. These guys are awesome!

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

PC companies are doing s**t too.

nVidia paid money$ to R* so they wouldn't patch AMD/ATI graphics issues in GTA 4 for some time.

#more_conspiracy

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

nVidia paid money$ to R* so they wouldn't patch AMD/ATI graphics issues in GTA 4 for some time.

#more_conspiracy

The irony is that ATI cards got DX10 shaders, if you replace the nvidia ones with those the game gets a huge FPS boost.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

#more_conspiracy

shut up

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

I recommend you guys watch this. GTA V actors on comic con. These guys are awesome!

They didn't even give them water in bottle. Steve didn't even get water in cup... Unprofessional IGN, as usually.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 12 October 2013 - 08:54 PM.

The irony is that ATI cards got DX10 shaders, if you replace the nvidia ones with those the game gets a huge FPS boost.

I totally forgot about the shaders of GTA IV; however, the game does not use DirectX10. If I remember correctly, the AMD shaders use less effects, which is the reason for the better performance.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by CheesusChrist, 12 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

I totally forgot about the shaders of GTA IV; however, the game does not use DirectX10. If I remember correctly, the AMD shaders use less effects, which is the reason for the better performance.

l31jszq.jpg

Those are the GTA IV shaders, maybe you're referring to the ati_low shaders, the folder states it's intended to be DX10. I've replaced those with the nv8 shaders (they seem to be rather outdated and are the first pick for my card) and i've got 15+ FPS.

Riznind
  • Riznind

Shaken, then stirred

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

R* wants to bring it out on pc, but don't want you to mod it anymore. The route they are taking is that you have to pay ingame money for EVERYTHING! So, if you mod money the cash cards are useless.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

The driving looks really arcady to me too and also the damage physics.

But don't worry. Those are controlled by a file named handling.dat or handling.cfg.

Once GTAV hits the PC, we can improve and enhance them.

Rashka
  • Rashka

I'm allergic to Trolls and Trolls are allergic to Happiness.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

R* wants to bring it out on pc, but don't want you to mod it anymore. The route they are taking is that you have to pay ingame money for EVERYTHING! So, if you mod money the cash cards are useless.

Just use your brain. How do you want someone to 'mod' the money when it's most probably server sided, so IT'S NOT POSSIBLE to do that in ANY way. That's the 2nd console person I see that's coming here and talks about 'moding' the money, lol.

• Platinum2 and Sir Kingston like this

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ah, this site's mobi version is convenient. What's new, boys?

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Is this Riznid guy stupid or something?

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 14 October 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Those are the GTA IV shaders, maybe you're referring to the ati_low shaders, the folder states it's intended to be DX10. I've replaced those with the nv8 shaders (they seem to be rather outdated and are the first pick for my card) and i've got 15+ FPS.

Yeah, I remember these folders, but I don't think it means that the game uses DX10 when the GPU works with the shaders from the "win32_30_atidx10" folder. The nVidia 8xxx series supports DirectX10 as well, but the game still does not use the API. IV is a console port, the best you can get from it is a mix between DX9 and DX10 since Xbox 360 uses DX9 with some parts of DX10, also called DirectX9.5. But probably not even that.

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

First of all, PC version is already going to be released and secondly, Rockstar does not mind mods, they ackowledge that they are a key to replay value and free marketing. Lmao, there's no such thing as "modding" money for GTA: Online. As explained, it's server side -_-

Modding and hacking are two different things. Nonetheless, Riznid has no idea what he is talking about, he thinks he knows what's going on but he is really an idiot on the subject.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by Acek, 12 October 2013 - 09:44 PM.

I'm guessing you never even moded a game before..

Why do you think all the progress with some characters were lost? because the server track those stats and saves them.. if they were client side (that means that its saved on your console or PC since i'm guessing you dont know the term) people wouldn't be lossing so many characters.. the only way to hack that is if you hack into Rockstar servers.. good luck trying that..

And nobody should give a sh*t what you do in singleplayer..

EDIT we are almost at 400 pages 
382.gif

• Rashka likes this

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by sjaak327, 12 October 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Why do you think all the progress with some characters were lost? because the server track those stats and saves them.. if they were client side (that means that its saved on your console or PC since i'm guessing you dont know the term) people wouldn't be lossing so many characters.. the only way to hack that is if you hack into Rockstar servers.. good luck trying that..

Actually, the progress is being saved on R*'s servers. Whatever happens during the session, and how you actually get money, could probably be modded.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Are you retarded or just plain stupid?

Rockstar doesn't care if we mod the game or not. In fact, they've posted modded GTA IV videos on their website before. Last time I checked, they posted this video and even replied to people that commented on the video

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

@LadyBeck Valve released an incomplete game to customers and they don't want to finish it (*Cough* Half Life 3) the end.

Rashka
  • Rashka

I'm allergic to Trolls and Trolls are allergic to Happiness.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by Rashka, 12 October 2013 - 09:56 PM.

382.gif

Actually, the progress is being saved on R*'s servers. Whatever happens during the session, and how you actually get money, could probably be modded.

Any proof to back your words up? Because I don't believe that R* would allow something like that to happen, especially when it's called GTA Online and is meant to be played like real MMO. If it would be possible to mod the money so easily, people would do that in any other MMO game without any problems, unless R* really f*cked up their online security and it is really possible to 'mod' the money which I don't believe, lol.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by Acek, 12 October 2013 - 10:01 PM.

If that's the case its kinda a dumb way to go.. why would they go for a system like that? well they must at least have a way of checking the progress vs the money gain.. also why being online for that. (EDIT a.k.a easy cracking inbound? no way it must be going trough the server a bit more)..

EDIT2: can you post any sources?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users