• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I've given a lot of warnings on your account. Thanks for creating that situation. Mind your business please, Mr Pedant.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Plus I think we're all reading each other wrong, I'm angry? No, 'm laughing at how sad and angry and hatful people are getting on here, ...or are you? Maybe you're laughing to, maybe we're all laughing and we're just putting on a show whilst waiting for the PC version.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Bottom line, I'm getting bloody antsy and I want to play this game. Probably because of all the insanity I've read while moderating this place. The game sounds fun.

Was almost tempted to pick up the latest PS3 bundle. But Good things, those who wait, etc. etc.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Bottom line, I'm getting bloody antsy and I want to play this game. Probably because of all the insanity I've read while moderating this place. The game sounds fun.

Was almost tempted to pick up the latest PS3 bundle. But Good things, those who wait, etc. etc.

Maybe you should simply do it. I did, I wasn't prepared to wait god knows how long for it would drop to the PC. And if it drops, I will buy it again on launch day, that much is certain.

50 bucks for a great game, I blow that in one evening at the bar, giving like 5 hours of enjoyment, compared to 70 hours on GTAV currently, and increasing of course.

• Big Danny K likes this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Max Payne 3 sold like 3-5 millions on PC since June 2012 and outsold both consoles. Yes, PC gamers showed R*. Literally.

• Big Danny K likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Maybe you should simply do it. I did, I wasn't prepared to wait god knows how long for it would drop to the PC. And if it drops, I will buy it again on launch day, that much is certain.

50 bucks for a great game, I blow that in one evening at the bar, giving like 5 hours of enjoyment, compared to 70 hours on GTAV currently, and increasing of course.

I've thought about it - but given that the PS4 drops next month, and I think I'm going to buy that... who knows. Ha.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by SilverRST, 12 October 2013 - 07:01 PM.

I can tel you it's not worth to buy a console over for just one game. And many other games sucks on consoles IMO.

I have a PS3 and I really regret ever buying this pile of sh*t.

And my neighbour has GTAV for his PS3 and it looks like smudged sh*t with all those low-res blurried sh*t.

I'll wait for the PC version.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I just don't see why it is such an outlandish "conspiracy" theory that one or both console manufacturers had a hand in keeping it off the PC for a certain number of months. 

EVERY GTA since GTA 3 has had some sort of deal with either Microsoft or Sony.  With GTA 3 to SA Sony had exclusive dibs on GTA titles for a set period of time.  With GTA 4 we know Microsoft had a deal surrounded the DLC that may or may not have also had a clause in it to keep it off the PC.

Now with GTA 5 we KNOW that Sony has some sort of marketing deal with Rockstar which places a heavy emphasis on the Playstation 3 version of GTA 5 including an Official bundle which happens to be the cheapest way to play GTA 5 if you don't own a console.

Personally I would say it would be more outlandish to suggest there was no deal going on with GTA 5 when you consider ever GTA since GTA 3 has had some sort of platform deal.

• Big Danny K likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Let's all join hands and consider this beef complete, please. :p

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Look at us, we're owners of the absolute truth and we're bashing at each other who don't agree. You know, this is a forum about a video game, but someday it will happen outside too. The humanity is doomed.

And release the goddamn PC version already, people are losing their tiny minds.

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

illegal cappuccinos

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Otter, it must suck being a moderator at this time. I can bet it feels like sh*t when you have to monitor everyone talking about the game while you sit here waiting for the PC version.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

It's more fun than you might think. Most of you guys are f*ckin' hilarious. And I probably wouldn't have much time to play it anyhow. ;)

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

I can tel you it's not worth to buy a console over for just one game. And many other games sucks on consoles IMO.

I have a PS3 and I really regret ever buying this pile of sh*t.

And my neighbour has GTAV for his PS3 and it looks like smudged sh*t with all those low-res blurried sh*t.

I'll wait for the PC version.

Actually, I didn't buy it just for V, I also wanted to play RDR. I agree with the way IV looked on the xbox, boy what a difference when compared to the PC version. I have to say V does look a lot better on xbox when compared to IV.

The biggest advantage to playing it on xbox is at least I am playing vanilla, no mods no monkey business. Hard to resist the temptation on pc :)

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

mmoga10.png

Man, these folks are still confident that they will get the stock on November 12, 2013.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

FALLOUT 4 - NOV 10th, 2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

I just don't see why it is such an outlandish "conspiracy" theory that one or both console manufacturers had a hand in keeping it off the PC for a certain number of months. 

EVERY GTA since GTA 3 has had some sort of deal with either Microsoft or Sony.  With GTA 3 to SA Sony had exclusive dibs on GTA titles for a set period of time.  With GTA 4 we know Microsoft had a deal surrounded the DLC that may or may not have also had a clause in it to keep it off the PC.

Now with GTA 5 we KNOW that Sony has some sort of marketing deal with Rockstar which places a heavy emphasis on the Playstation 3 version of GTA 5 including an Official bundle which happens to be the cheapest way to play GTA 5 if you don't own a console.

Personally I would say it would be more outlandish to suggest there was no deal going on with GTA 5 when you consider ever GTA since GTA 3 has had some sort of platform deal.

That's what I've been saying for a few good weeks! Thank you for saying it too!

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Nobody knows how good PC sells.. especially since Steam became the must-use for buying games on PC.. Steam also brought games where people couldn't get it before..

I'm not saying M$ and $ony hate PC.. they just love money.. and since the next gen is not out yet you cannot sell a game thats for next gen.. plus they  planned for spring at first, which is like a year before the next gen.. Sony and Microsoft need to make money and they cant sell the console thats not out yet..

If you think about it $ony must have had some money in it since every poster i saw only mentioned its coming to PS3.. if i wouldn't know I'd think it was a PS3 exclusive..

Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Nobody knows how good PC sells.. especially since Steam became the must-use for buying games on PC.. Steam also brought games where people couldn't get it before..

I'm not saying M$ and $ony hate PC.. they just love money.. and since the next gen is not out yet you cannot sell a game thats for next gen.. plus they  planned for spring at first, which is like a year before the next gen.. Sony and Microsoft need to make money and they cant sell the console thats not out yet..

If you think about it $ony must have had some money in it since every poster i saw only mentioned its coming to PS3.. if i wouldn't know I'd think it was a PS3 exclusive..

Yeah, even my mate(he's not a gaming fan) thought it is only for PlayStation 3 since in every single TV GTA V advert they were mentioning only PS3 version.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

I'm still wondering why this isn't a Sticky. This is the most posted thread.

Because this thread has been garbage. Every 30 pages (maybe) you'll find actual rumours/news. Other than that it's constant insults and bickering. This is not sticky (or News section) worthy

To be honest the thread is garbage lately because there is literally nothing to talk about, we have dissected everything.

Even when the Eurogamer article was released, more people were insulting others than talking about the article/logic behind posting such an article.

There's a reason for that, it's not the news anyone wanted to hear.

So all those insults to others were warranted? Just because people didn't like the Eurogamers rumor? 

I never commented about the article or anything related, I simply said that is why most likely people freaked out.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, even my mate(he's not a gaming fan) thought it is only for PlayStation 3 since in every single TV GTA V advert they were mentioning only PS3 version.

yep.. and look at console sales in September up 300%.. and longer they wait more and more people just go and buy a PS3 with a game.. (or xbox but it wasnt advertised as much so it didnt get as big of a bump in sales, but still a large bump)

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

You are the CEO of Trevor Philips Industries. You have a shipment of meth to sell to the Ballas, to the Families, and to the Vagos. Your plan is sell how much you can to the Ballas and Families and then expand on Vagos side.

"In 6 months when I make 1 Billion, I will sell to the Vagos, that's it"

But you already made 1 Billion in 3 days. Would you stick to your plan and wait 6 months to supply the Vagos, or you'll start the party right now?

• Big Danny K likes this

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

You are the CEO of Trevor Philips Industries. You have a shipment of meth to sell to the Ballas, to the Families, and to the Vagos. Your plan is sell how much you can to the Ballas and Families and then expand on Vagos side.

"In 6 months when I make 1 Billion, I will sell to the Vagos, that's it"

But you already made 1 Billion in 3 days. Would you stick to your plan and wait 6 months to supply the Vagos, or you'll start the party right now?

Probably right now. Of course, you need supply to be able to sell.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'm not saying M$ and $ony hate PC

Cute, of course there's no money hatting or grabbing on the PC, oh hello nVidia, how are you doing today? :p

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Cute, of course there's no money hatting or grabbing on the PC, oh hello nVidia, how are you doing today? :p

Last time I checked when Nvidia money hatted a game it still worked on AMD cards and likewise when AMD money hatted a game it still worked on Nvidia hardware.  There might have been "slight" performance differences but people were still able to play the game regardless of whether they had an Nvidia or AMD card.

So no money hatting by GPU manufacturers is hardly the same thing.  Personally I think any form of money hatting, whoever does it is pretty sh*tty.  I want my hardware companies to compete on hardware and pricing not on chucking millions at buying exclusives (not that Nvidia or AMD do that).

• Rashka likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Ash_735, 12 October 2013 - 07:45 PM.

yep.. and look at console sales in September up 300%.. and longer they wait more and more people just go and buy a PS3 with a game.. (or xbox but it wasnt advertised as much so it didnt get as big of a bump in sales, but still a large bump)

But this is the SAME tactic Microsoft did in 2007/8, GTA IV was advertised everywhere, but only for Xbox 360 and of course Microsoft had bragging rights for the DLC. This time Sony paid for the marketing as a way to get back on that because many gamers generally thought Grand Theft Auto was an Xbox Exclusive. I know many people who sold or traded in their consoles long before GTAV was out and they rebought the console just to play GTAV! And these wern't PC Gamers, so that quote about how ANYONE who bought a console would have been a PC Gamer is just nonsense.

I like how a lot of people hate me in this thread for making huge sweeping statements, yet they make huge sweeping statements about console gamers, or companies when it suits their agenda! Which is why I find this thread hilarious, I'm all for talking about the facts, but when we start jumping off the cliff into broad sweeping insanity, it feels like no one can come here unless you're a hardcore pro-PC person only, as most people over this will be all what the hell and see us lot as this:

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Are you really starting this back up  Ash_735?

• Rashka likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Ash_735, 12 October 2013 - 07:52 PM.

No, but if people keep responding to me It'd be rude not to reply. Even though otter has pretty much ended it and I agreed with him on ending it, it's others dragging it back up! Oh wait, they CAN do this but I can't say anything because it doesn't fit in with the message you guys WANT to believe about Sony and Microsoft spitting on PC Gamers?

How about this, when GTAV comes out on PC, it better damn well break all sales records, because if it doesn't you PC Only Gamers gave failed, because Console gamers have smashed all sales records for GTAV.

• jatiger13 likes this

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

We know that there is a PC version, but Rock$tar hasn't announced the PC version yet. We will get a PC version sooner or later, don't panic.

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

No, but if people keep responding to me It'd be rude not to reply. Even though otter has pretty much ended it and I agreed with him on ending it, it's others dragging it back up! Oh wait, they CAN do this but I can't say anything because it doesn't fit in with the message you guys WANT to believe about Sony and Microsoft spitting on PC Gamers?

How about this, when GTAV comes out on PC, it betetr damn well break all sales records, because if it doesn't you PC Only Gamers gave failed, because Console gamers have smashed all sales records for GTAV.

And you continue to troll.

Saphir
  • Saphir

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

We know that there is a PC version, but Rock$tar hasn't announced the PC version yet. We will get a PC version sooner or later, don't panic.

Yes...

I have the feeling that more and more people are freaking out here. Relax!

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by RaduG, 12 October 2013 - 07:55 PM.

The cheapest way to play GTA V is to buy a 250 dollars/euro bundle? I bought a 90 bucks used PS3 and the game which costs 60 dollars (or 80 in my case) leading to a total of 170 dollars (125 euro).

I plan to sell the game and the console in a bundle for 150 so i'm gonna lose 20 bucks for playing the game 2-7 months earlier. If i would have bought the Sony bundle I would've paid double (250 euro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users