• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Oh god why have you not been banned yet?

Because outside of this thread/section of the forum, I'm actually a long standing member who's helped out on a load of modifications for Grand Theft Auto on PC and supported many PC mods and tools over the years. Ironic isn't it that I'm in here trying to convince you guys that the world and Rockstar and various companies don't have some agenda against PC Gamers.

Go to Facepunch, you ego-filled bastard.

+1. 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Because outside of this thread/section of the forum, I'm actually a long standing member who's helped out on a load of modifications for Grand Theft Auto on PC and supported many PC mods and tools over the years. Ironic isn't it that I'm in here trying to convince you guys that the world and Rockstar and various companies don't have some agenda against PC Gamers.

Wait, so someone asks why haven't I been banned, and when I explain, I'm now an ego-filled bastard? Why? I HAVE been here for years, I HAVE helped out on many PC mods, still am, and I've made it clear numerous times that I do support PC Gaming even doing giveaways on Steam and humble bundles to members on this very forum. I think that's a side you guys don't see of me, I DO actually support PC Gaming a lot. I just don't like this whole self-entitled and crazy theory and hatred side that comes with it that a lot of PC Gamers seem to have.

• jatiger13 likes this

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Wait, so someone asks why haven't I been banned, and when I explain, I'm now an ego-filled bastard? Why? I HAVE been here for years, I HAVE helped out on many PC mods, still am, and I've made it clear numerous times that I do support PC Gaming even doing giveaways on Steam and humble bundles to members on this very forum. I think that's a side you guys don't see of me, I DO actually support PC Gaming a lot. I just don't like this whole self-entitled and crazy theory and hatred side that comes with it that a lot of PC Gamers seem to have.

Being here for many years and helping the community doesn't prove you're not being a moron right now, seriously, stop it.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yes because Max Payne 3 proved that to Rockstar, oh wait, the game sold at least 3x more on both Xbox 360 and PS3 compared to the PC version at the time even though Rockstar pushed the PC version like mad.

Face it, Rockstar are doing what Rockstar always do, there's no conspiracy, deals, etc, they're just keeping to what work, they tried to do good by PC Gamers for Max Payne 3 but as said multiple times now which people gloss over, the game bombed the most on PC despite Rockstar pushing that one. 

Let me ask you this question then, if the PC version came out at the same time, how do you think Social Club would be? It's only just got back on its feet nearly a MONTHN after launching on just PS3 and Xbox 360.

As far as I am aware Max Payne 3 did badly on all three systems.  Sure they may have sold more on the 360/PS3 but it still massively underperformed and I wouldn't be holding my breath for Max Payne 4.  As for Rockstar "pushing the PC version" when did that happen ?  I seem to remember Max Payne 3 didn't come out for the PC till two weeks after the console version.  If you class that as "pushing the PC version" you have a skewed view of things.

Oh and FYI Rockstar only started delaying the PC version of GTA from GTA 3 onwards, which just happens to be about the time Sony bank rolled GTA odd coincidence that isn't it.

As for the social club, well according to YOU GTA 5 would have sold 2 copies on the PC so I imagine the effect on Rockstars social club would've been minimal.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Listen guys, just because there's an active conversation here, doesn't mean you can start spamming and posting with crap like "+1".

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Being here for many years and helping the community doesn't prove you're not being a moron right now, seriously, stop it.

But it does prove I'm not some troll who just signed up to argue with you guys, so, I did answer the question as to why I haven't been banned yet.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 12 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

I don't understand your logic.

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by Game512, 12 October 2013 - 06:16 PM.

- Ash_735, son, everybody home ?

YES< I finally see the truth from a PC Gamers point of view, it's a disgrace, an outrage, a crazy crazy moneyhatted conspiracy. Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Nintendo, etc, they all chipped it to stop Rockstar releasing the PC Version because they hate us and want us to play consoles games, Microsoft have poisoned Mountain Dew and Doritos with chemicals to drug gamers into thinking PC Gaming is the enemy. It's so obvious now, the Government is in on this, they are against High AA and 4k Textures! They want to keep us in the stone age, so they can control us! It's all so clear now, it's good to be thinking like a true PC Gamer.

Are you idiot? I think you definitely are.

Microsoft and Sony want to support exclusivity of their consoles.  Exclusivity comparing to each other and to PC. That's why there are such games as Halo, Uncharted and very many other exclusives. That's why Microsoft and Sony are willing to pay money in order to convince people that they should buy their consoles instead of using PC, or using PC and consoles, and that they should buy THEIR cosole.

GTA is an extradordinary game in very many ways. GTA covers the most wide audience. It's a very special game franchise.

And Rockstar proved long time ago that they sign contracts for exclusivity of their games on consoles.

They have special contracts with Sony. And there were even GTA V ads on the streets that showed only one platform - PS3.

There is a history of releases of Rockstar games, that show the same things. 

This is too obvious and everyone knows it. Wtf are you talking about?

---

Manhunt release dates:

PS2 - November 18, 2003

XBOX 360, PC - April 20, 2004

---

GTA San Andreas

XBOX 360, PS3 - October 26, 2004

PC - June 2005

---

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

PS3 Exclusive

---

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

PS3 Exclusive

---

Manhunt 2

PS3 - October 29, 2007

PC - November 6, 2009

---

GTA IV 

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 36 - 29 April 2008

PC - December 2, 2008

---

Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned

Temporarily exclusive for XBOX 360

Xbox 360 - 17 February 2009

PlayStation 3 & Windows - 13 April 2010

---

Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Temporarily exclusive for XBOX 360

Xbox 360 - 29 October 2009

PlayStation 3 & Windows - 13 April 2010

---

Red Dead Redemption

Xbox 360 and PS3 exclusives

---

L.A. Noire

PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 - 17 May 2011

PC - 8 November 2011

---

Max Payne 3 

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 - May 15, 2012

PC - May 31, 2012

They are not making exclusives for one platform or another "just because". They they get paid for it

• Rashka likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 12 October 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Yes because Max Payne 3 proved that to Rockstar, oh wait, the game sold at least 3x more on both Xbox 360 and PS3 compared to the PC version at the time even though Rockstar pushed the PC version like mad.

Face it, Rockstar are doing what Rockstar always do, there's no conspiracy, deals, etc, they're just keeping to what work, they tried to do good by PC Gamers for Max Payne 3 but as said multiple times now which people gloss over, the game bombed the most on PC despite Rockstar pushing that one.

It is hardly possible to estimate the sales of the PC version of Max Payne 3. According to VGChartz, the game sold 3.02 million times across all platforms, and only 0.27 million copies (0.9% of total sales) are on the PC, which is very inaccurate obviously. The vast majority of sales are digital, so from platforms such as Steam, for instance. And, guess what, Steam does not reveal the sale numbers to public. As far as I am aware, publishers are not allowed to share those numbers with third-party companies and the public in general. Let me put it in this way: MP3 was a best-seller on Steam, a platform with over 50 million users, and that for several weeks. I don't think the sales were or are as bad as you claim.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Let me ask you this question then, if the PC version came out at the same time, how do you think Social Club would be? It's only just got back on its feet nearly a MONTHN after launching on just PS3 and Xbox 360.

As far as I am aware Max Payne 3 did badly on all three systems.  Sure they may have sold more on the 360/PS3 but it still massively underperformed and I wouldn't be holding my breath for Max Payne 4.  As for Rockstar "pushing the PC version" when did that happen ?  I seem to remember Max Payne 3 didn't come out for the PC till two weeks after the console version.  If you class that as "pushing the PC version" you have a skewed view of things.

Oh and FYI Rockstar only started delaying the PC version of GTA from GTA 3 onwards, which just happens to be about the time Sony bank rolled GTA odd coincidence that isn't it.

As for the social club, well according to YOU GTA 5 would have sold 2 copies on the PC so I imagine the effect on Rockstars social club would've been minimal.

I've said multiple times now that the PC version would have sold a million or so, not 2 you bitter person. Either way it would have added to the strain causing even more issues. As for the other stuff you said, Sony and Rockstar had a close relationship in the GTA3 era to the point where they even got two exclusive game (One of which I'm helping port to PC), Microsoft paid for DLC and advertising with GTA IV and Rockstar have been doing their own thing ever since, taking money for ads, etc, but again, it falls into the area of WHY would it benefit the consoles at this late stage. They both want to push new hardware and would both be gunning for a next gen version instead, neither Sony or Microsoft would pay for an advantage to either competition, which, if this IS true, that's how it would be, paying to keep it off PC would simply mean a higher chance of copies sold on the other platform that's not theirs to. The blow back wouldn't be worth it at all. 

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

The biggest question about exclusive games would be who benefits the most from it. Would an x amount of money offset lost sales due to games not being released or being released much later, and what would be the treshold.

Rashka
  • Rashka

Xerukal's lover. <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by Rashka, 12 October 2013 - 06:25 PM.

You know what guys? I saw weird thing in steamdb. I'm not saying this is something, but look at this.

"appid": 12210,
"name": "Grand Theft Auto IV"

"appid": 12219,

and when you go to the 12219 app ID it'll say unknown

http://steamdb.info/app/12219/

So we have 1st GTA 12210 that is legit and 2nd 12219 not. I'm not saying anything, just weird occurance happened and maybe, just maybe Rockstar wants to hide something.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Ash.  Please explain why this position makes anyone bitter, or quit trolling the god-damned thread. What's your theory as to the delay? Please enlighten us.

I think you're also failing to recognize home much money Microsoft and Sony are getting out of this game. They have a vested insterest in getting that cash before the next gen, before they have to take a loss on hardware sales in order to compete with each other.

• fatcowxlive likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ash.  Please explain why this position makes anyone bitter, or quit trolling the god-damned thread. What's your theory as to the delay? Please enlighten us.

I think you're also failing to recognize home much money Microsoft and Sony are getting out of this game. They have a vested insterest in getting that cash before the next gen, before they have to take a loss on hardware sales in order to compete with each other.

What's my theory? THE TRUTH, they're holding back the PC version to squeeze as many sales out of the console version and THEN will they release a PC version so a good chunk will Double Dip, in a sense, selling the same game twice, that makes sense, and that's what makes Rockstar money.

Karmijn
  • Karmijn

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Why did my post get deleted?

fatcowxlive
  • fatcowxlive

MooMooMoo!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm still wondering why this isn't a Sticky. This is the most posted thread.

Because this thread has been garbage. Every 30 pages (maybe) you'll find actual rumours/news. Other than that it's constant insults and bickering. This is not sticky (or News section) worthy

To be honest the thread is garbage lately because there is literally nothing to talk about, we have dissected everything.

Even when the Eurogamer article was released, more people were insulting others than talking about the article/logic behind posting such an article.

There's a reason for that, it's not the news anyone wanted to hear.

So all those insults to others were warranted? Just because people didn't like the Eurogamers rumor? 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• The Connection
  • Canada

So, you're essentially saying that same thing - just that you don't think Sony and Microsoft have any role in it. This is what's got you acting like a complete spaz?

BrutaLLegenD7
  • BrutaLLegenD7

Witcher

• Members

We all know it's happening. :D

But when??? For the love of God when!?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Because it was spam. I was hoping that that would be obvious and I wouldn't have to warn you. You're welcome.

Karmijn
  • Karmijn

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by Karmijn, 12 October 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Because it was spam. I was hoping that that would be obvious and I wouldn't have to warn you. You're welcome.

Spam? Is ItsHappening.gif not funny anymore?

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Spam? Is ItsHappening.gif not funny anymore?

TBH it's funny when it's actually happening :C

fatcowxlive
  • fatcowxlive

MooMooMoo!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

You know what guys? I saw weird thing in steamdb. I'm not saying this is something, but look at this.

"appid": 12210,

"appid": 12219,

and when you go to the 12219 app ID it'll say unknown

http://steamdb.info/app/12219/

So we have 1st GTA 12210 that is legit and 2nd 12219 not. I'm not saying anything, just weird occurance happened and maybe, just maybe Rockstar wants to hide something.

My guess is that the 2nd one is a multilanguage GTA IV judging by its change history

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by Game512, 12 October 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Here are the sales of XBox 360 and PS3 per week.

17August 2013

PS3 - 104,169

XBOX 360 - 62,299

---

14 September 2013 

PS3 - 115,808

XBOX 360 - 74,301

---

21 September 2013

PS3 - 330,000

XBOX 360 - 180,669

---

28 September 2013

PS3 - 205,269

XBOX 360 - 122,782

These people decided to buy a console because of this game, GTA V, and because of the fact that this game wasn't released on PC.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

The biggest question about exclusive games would be who benefits the most from it. Would an x amount of money offset lost sales due to games not being released or being released much later, and what would be the treshold.

I'd say there are many possibilities. For example, Microsoft paid 50 million dollars to Rockstar Games to release the two GTA IV add-ons exclusively for X360 for six months at the very least. The Lost and Damned was released in February 2009, whereas The Ballad of Gay Tony was released in October 2009. Both add-ons were released for PlayStation 3 and PC in April 2010, half a year after the release of the last DLC, which makes sense. I'm assuming it worked like this; Microsoft paid $50 million to Rockstar to make the DLCs of their then biggest title they have ever published exclusively for the Xbox. The main game increased the sales of the Microsoft and Sony consoles significantly, about 127% alone in the first week, and with the deal MS had with Rockstar, they wanted to push the sales of the X360. Obviously, the add-ons would have to sell a certain amount of copies on the system within the time period of the deal to make the deal profitable for them.

The same logic applies to every other contract. If Microsoft and Sony paid Rockstar to make V a timed exclusive for both consoles, then the game has to sell a certain amount of copies until it's profitable for everyone who is involved in the contract(s). Profitable means that enough copies have to be sold to get back all the money they invested into the contract, and everything more than that is actual profit.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

So, you're essentially saying that same thing - just that you don't think Sony and Microsoft have any role in it. This is what's got you acting like a complete spaz?

Let's put it this way, L.A.Noire, would you say that was money hatted by any platform? Outside of the one exclusive mission on the PS3 version, Rocktar CLEARLY released that game on PC because they were let down with the sales, so it got a rush port by Rockstar Leeds, again, AFTER the console version had been out for months. WHY, because they were hoping more people would buy the damn thing so they could make more money off it, or at least get some double dippers.

And yeah, I'm laughing because of how far some people here will go to try and pin the blame on Sony or Microsoft or whatever other company as some sort of hidden agenda to put PC Gamers down. This sh*t gets old fast, I've supported PC Gaming for years but posts like that just make me want to give it up! It's as bad as console fanboys, but then on a next level or hatred and anger and bitterness. How most of you swarm around something to hate on it and come up with insane reasons and crazy conspiracies. That's NOT what gaming is about guys.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'd say there are many possibilities. For example, Microsoft paid 50 million dollars to Rockstar Games to release the two GTA IV add-ons exclusively for X360 for six months at the very least. The Lost and Damned was released in February 2009, whereas The Ballad of Gay Tony was released in October 2009. Both add-ons were released for PlayStation 3 and PC in April 2010, half a year after the release of the last DLC, which makes sense. I'm assuming it worked like this; Microsoft paid $50 million to Rockstar to make the DLCs of their then biggest title they have ever published exclusively for the Xbox. The main game increased the sales of the Microsoft and Sony consoles significantly, about 127% alone in the first week, and with the deal MS had with Rockstar, they wanted to push the sales of the X360. Obviously, the add-ons would have to sell a certain amount of copies on the system within the time period of the deal to make the deal profitable for them.

The same logic applies to every other contract. If Microsoft and Sony paid Rockstar to make V a timed exclusive for both consoles, then the game has to sell a certain amount of copies until it's profitable for everyone who is involved in the contract(s). Profitable means that enough copies have to be sold to get back all the money they invested into the contract, and everything more than that is actual profit.

Yeah, my question was more geared towards R*'s interest as it was geared towards Microsoft's motives, they are very clear. My question would really be, does the 50 million compensate for the DLC's being an xbox excusive for a long time (TLAD over a year, TBOGT 6 monhts).

I guess the compensation is more than ample. The people that own both consoles would have bought the DLC anyway, and the ps3 people that had to wait probably bought them anyway or at least most of them.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

There's no hidden agenda - launch is where the money is made, and the right to have the game on launch is bought and sold. There's no blame, there's just the way things are. I don't know why this opinion elicits such vitriol from you. Perhaps you should extricate yourself from the conversation.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 12 October 2013 - 06:46 PM.

Ash what have you done...

Haha, enjoy these last few pages. Missed you :)
Ash is proof what happens when there is no GTA V for PC.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

All those cryptic warnings, the threats!

JUST TELL US WHAT YOU WANT!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

There's no hidden agenda - launch is where the money is made, and the right to have the game on launch is bought and sold. There's no blame, there's just the way things are. I don't know why this opinion elicits such vitriol from you. Perhaps you should extricate yourself from the conversation.

By the way, what about all the people hating and throwing insults at me Mr. Moderator, are you going to do anything about that, I don't think I've attacked anyone personally here, but people are attacking me, especially Game512, he seems to be targeting me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users