• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
nan0s0ldier
  • nan0s0ldier

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I dont think it will be 2014... Too Risky... Even more risky than releasing it before COD and BF... Everyone will make sure they can have both... Come on who will pick COD or BF over GTA?

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I dont think it will be 2014... Too Risky... Even more risky than releasing it before COD and BF... Everyone will make sure they can have both... Come on who will pick COD or BF over GTA?

I preordered BF4 a month ago. For sure its online is way better than GTAO's right now lol

nan0s0ldier
  • nan0s0ldier

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I dont really enjoy the online much but dude... For single player I'd buy GTA anyday over any game...

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Has anyone contacted MMOGA.com recently?

again?

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

again?

I mean, after this Eurogamer article.

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

again?

I mean, after this Eurogamer article.

Eurogamer has made up an article and everybody looses their minds ...

They know sh*t about the release date, only Rockstar knows when will the game be released, but more logic is for this year else they are stupid because they won't earn so much money they would have earned in November or December . Other games, Christmas, everything ... 

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

My Max Payne 3 wasn't on Steam...

contact R* support and buy games off steam next time

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

I preordered BF4 a month ago. For sure its online is way better than GTAO's right now lol

BF4=BF3

GTA O is f*cked up ATM.

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by Trash99, 12 October 2013 - 02:58 PM.

So .. still nothing.. amazing .. just amazing 

I'm starting to think, is there a reason to even buy this game when it comes out ? They let us wait 2 years and not a f*ckING word has been said to PC version, even a possibility ! And they want 40€ for it when it comes out ? I'm supporting companies that care about the customers - ALL of them and make good games . Rockstar is well known just for that second one. And they say they care about every single fan ... what a joke, this is a total ignorance to PC community, they are aware that this game is revolutionary, every one wants to buy and play it and they just do this. And everyone knows there is only one reason for that - money . Hell they are swimming in them right now, they've earned a f*cking billion in just 3 days, why can't they at least once for a freakin' milenium release their most ambitious project for the PC platform with no delay or at least not a long one ! I hate them for this, if the game comes out next year there is zero chance I'm buying it . Only if they add tons of new content, not a f*cking video editor I don't care about . I'll pirate the sh*t out of the game and I hope the online part will get cracked as well as the GTA IV got . 

"We are closing the gap" 

Well I will also close mine - with buying your games. 

November or December. Else goodbye Rockstar Games .

• SilverRST, BlackScout, tadejpetric and 1 other like this

fatcowxlive
  • fatcowxlive

MooMooMoo!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm still wondering why this isn't a Sticky. This is the most posted thread.

Because this thread has been garbage. Every 30 pages (maybe) you'll find actual rumours/news. Other than that it's constant insults and bickering. This is not sticky (or News section) worthy

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

F**king great I spoiled myself an ending. Thanks a lot C*. Can you f**king release the f**king game on day one for once?

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by Trash99, 12 October 2013 - 03:11 PM.

F**king great I spoiled myself an ending. Thanks a lot C*. Can you f**king release the f**king game on day one for once?

I heard there are more endings not just one . So whatever you've just seen, you can change it after you finally play it 

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Because this thread has been garbage. Every 30 pages (maybe) you'll find actual rumours/news. Other than that it's constant insults and bickering. This is not sticky (or News section) worthy

To be honest the thread is garbage lately because there is literally nothing to talk about, we have dissected everything.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 12 October 2013 - 03:12 PM.

I kind of lost my hope for a release this year. The days go by, and nothing is coming really. I know there are still problems with GTA Online and they will get fixed as time goes, but the window for a 2013 release is getting smaller by each day. It has come to a point where I am more leaning towards an early 2014 release window. I just hope that when it is coming out, it's not in a week where I have plenty of tests in school. Then again, even if that happens, there is nothing I can do about. I am not really disappointed, I always thought there is a 50/50 chance that the game is coming in 2013 or 2014.

Given the fact that the PC version of the game has been mentioned countless times in the bug report file, it really looks like one of the console manufacturers, either Microsoft or Sony, or perhaps even both paid Rockstar to push back the game for PC by a few months. The question though would be, why would they do that, if that's the reason for the later release? I understand it if they are doing this at the start of the console generation, but thinking about it further, Rockstar is only one of the few developers nowadays who keep practise that outdated business strategy.
  • BlackScout likes this

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Know that feel, I didn't spoil the whole game but I looked up a IV character on the GTA wiki and spoiled some of it for me. Pissed me off a great deal, thanks Rockstar.

I heard there are more endings not just one . So whatever you've just seen, you can change it after you finally play it 

Doesn't matter, it ruined part of the game for him and this shouldn't have had to happen, Rockstar has caused fans to lose a lot of the experience because of their actions.

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Know that feel, I didn't spoil the whole game but I looked up a IV character on the GTA wiki and spoiled some of it for me. Pissed me off a great deal, thanks Rockstar.

Doesn't matter, it ruined part of the game for him and this shouldn't have had to happen, Rockstar has caused fans to lose a lot of the experience because of their actions.

Yeah I know it sucks... I think I know an ending too... 

This is all Rockstar's fault . 

fatcowxlive
  • fatcowxlive

MooMooMoo!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

To be honest the thread is garbage lately because there is literally nothing to talk about, we have dissected everything.

You are correct, and because of this it's not a sticky. I know we're all going insane with Rockstar, but this is just embarrassing.

Even when the Eurogamer article was released, more people were insulting others than talking about the article/logic behind posting such an article.

And I'm not saying it's everyone either, there are lots of people in this thread that are trying to post opinions and insightful posts, but there are a handful of people who are constantly posting degrading posts making this thread unreadable. 

• BlackScout likes this

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

illegal cappuccinos

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm not sad about the wait as much as I'm sad about the experience. When I played San Andreas for the first time, I knew nothing about it, I had this entire world to explore and that's what made it dear to me. I still play it to this day after seven years.
But now with GTA 5 and the internet there is no way of avoiding it. Videos of things you could discover on your own appear and just spoil the game to you while you wait here when everyone else is playing it. The hype is slowly dying and honestly by this point I can't tell if I want to play the game to have fun or to just get it over with.
Thanks Rockstar for f*cking your fanbase over once again to feed your money machine. I'll of course be buying GTA 5 when it comes out but it still won't be the same, not even two more years of waiting will change how much of a disappointment the launch was to what could be the most loyal GTA community out there.

• Platinum2 likes this

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

The question though would be, why would they do that, if that's the reason for the later release? I understand it if they are doing this at the start of the console generation, but thinking about it further, Rockstar is only one of the few developers nowadays who keep practise that outdated business strategy.

The reason as always is to shift consoles.  We are coming to the end of this "generation" so the more you can do to shift this old generation of consoles the better.  It is no secret that Rockstar had some sort of marketing deal with Sony.  It is also no secret that Sony had a GTA 5 bundle.  As far as I am aware in the UK the PS3 GTA 5 bundle was the cheapest way for non-console owners to play GTA 5 (£199).

Whilst I am not convinced that "keeping it off the PC" was a major part of any Sony deal, I can see it being an "extra" thing Rockstar offered Sony to sweeten the terms of the Marketing deal.

It isn't just about selling consoles though it is about exposing PC gamers to Sonys "Eco system".  Getting people invested in the PS3 means they may move up to the PS4 when it is released.  Meanwhile Rockstar know that holding the PC version back for several months will not have a huge impact on the number sold on the PC.

• tadejpetric likes this

LadyBrecky
  • LadyBrecky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Even when the Eurogamer article was released, more people were insulting others than talking about the article/logic behind posting such an article.

There's a reason for that, it's not the news anyone wanted to hear.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by tadejpetric, 12 October 2013 - 03:50 PM.

Me too, all of them. Just that Ive searched for them cuz I got sick of waiting.

Some things C* do are just cocky...

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by CheesusChrist, 12 October 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Came to thinking, there is no actual reason for M$ or $ony to pay C* in order to keep GTA V out of the PC platform, if anything, they would want it to release faster because they need to promote their NG consoles, and it has been said that GTA V "would be so good it would slow down the sales of their NG consoles". Just sayin'.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Meanwhile Rockstar know that holding the PC version back for several months will not have a huge impact on the number sold on the PC.

Because the PC version has always sold pathetically less than the consoles version as most PC Gamers wait for it to be 75% off on Steam?

WAKKA WAKKA!

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

I dont really enjoy the online much but dude... For single player I'd buy GTA anyday over any game...

Me niether. I don't like online. I hope we can find a way to get the GTAO features available for PC single player.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Me niether. I don't like online. I hope we can find a way to get the GTAO features available for PC single player.

well you can go on private session.

but i love SP more too.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yes, Rockstar hate PC Gamers, Sony hate PC Gamers, Microsoft hate PC Gamers, Apple hate PC Gamers, everyone hates PC Gamers, we must rise brothers, take our keyboards and rush Rockstar NYC and show our demand! The conspiracy theories were true, they're trying to keep us down, RISE BROTHERS with Gaben as our leader, we shall overcome everything! We shall climb that mountain of lies and hatred and propaganda, if they do not listen, we shall buy their games at 75% off in a Steam sale to show them, if they piss us off more, then we shall Pirate their games, that will be the ultimate show off how powerful us PC Gamers are! f*ck everyone, if they don't release on PC first, they DESERVE to be screwed over by us, how DARE they not show us respect!

• tadejpetric likes this

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Meanwhile Rockstar know that holding the PC version back for several months will not have a huge impact on the number sold on the PC.

Because the PC version has always sold pathetically less than the consoles version as most PC Gamers wait for it to be 75% off on Steam?

WAKKA WAKKA!

Why did you come back?

There is a reason for people to buy the game for so low, hell, even pirate it. There will so many good games out for the PC people will have already spent all their money and moved out for other stuff, its not a good idea to release it in early 2014.

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Don't feed the TROLL. Just ignore.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

WAKKA WAKKA!

Why did you come back?

There is a reason for people to buy the game for so low, hell, even pirate it. There will so many good games out for the PC people will have already spent all their money and moved out for other stuff, its not a good idea to release it in early 2014.

Let's stick together brother, shall we organise a mass piracy session when the game eventually does come out to give Rockstar what they deserve, let's make GTAV.PC.rar the most seeded torrent ever, with our combined forces, we can kick Rockstars ass for ever doubting the true power of PC Gamers!

• Street Mix likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

If V goes to the PC, here's my top 10 list of things I'd immediately do in a massive mod overhaul to improve SP game play:

1st, fix how heists were handled in SP. The first can remain scripted. But the other need to have script constraints removed so they're 100% sand box.  If possible, find a way to model the heist creation tools they're adding in multiplayer so you can create your own sandbox heists in SP.

2nd, open ALL the f*cking interiors for ALL stores. Enable ALL custom content in ALL stores aka clothing etc.  Shouldn't have to grind away leveling up online before I can access f*cking content I already paid for in SP.  Set it so you can rob ALL stores. And tune the police AI down a level, so you can defend yourself from over aggressive peds who assault you.  Without getting an instantaneous 2-3 star level.

Add scripts to enable useless existing content like those highway fruit & veggie stands. Why can't you buy any food from these road side vendors? Especially if you're in a high speed car chase and low on health?  Being able to buy some fruit/veggies etc on the fly would've added so much more to game play when running from the cops.

3rd, overhaul the point to point races and remove the slipstream feature which is flat out cheating.  Also mod the triathalon races so both peds and your char can make official pit stops at strategic milestone markers during the race. These would be some 5 min max down time on the biking and running legs to let your char's stamina bar recover.

Also make those useless fruit stands along the highways functional, so peds and your char can access food/drink to recharge the stamina/energy bars. Once the pit stop time out ends, your char is back in the race where they left off.  And you're back to getting carpal tunnel syndrome from mindless button mashing.

4th, increase the default health setting for all peds in the game.  It's insane how just punching an over aggressive ped, or accidentally bumping/knocking one over while running can literally kill them on the spot.

5th, find a way to open up all side missions (which were only available to certain protagonists) and make them available to ALL protagonists.  It's really stupid that only Micheal can find submarine collectibles but not the other two. Or Trevor can hunt, do bounty hunting, drive unsuspecting peds to the cannibal cult for take out fast food, farm the Mary Jane hippie farm for $$$ in Blaine county, but not the others etc. etc.  Overhaul the hunting mini game to let your char skin and dress the kill RDR style. Then have the choice of selling the meat to Cletus, the local convenience store, or taking it back to your safe house to store it in the fridge for later use.

6th, add a sell car feature to Los Santos customs.  Why the f*ck can't any of the protagonists restore a car, steal a high end car---or any junk car for that matter---and sell it every other game day or so to make some money?  Money is hard enough to come by in game play as is, especially at the start of the game.

7th, mod Chop's app so that it's available for download and use from inside the SP game.  Why the f*ck do I need to download a R* app irl and then PLAY IT ON MY IRL SMARTPHONE just so that I can improve some game mechanic feature (aka better find letter collectibles with Chop, train Chop etc.) the next time I play an SP game?  Talk about life imitating art imitating life…. 

8th, find a way to make the LCN stock market feature dynamic and directly responsive to events that occur in the SP environment.  By now, I thought we would be able to directly manipulate the LCN stock market based on game world events.  If I buy stocks in Up n Atom Burger, then blow up a bunch of Burger shot stores, harass Burger shot employees etc., then Burger shot stocks should eventually tank.  Which would then allow me to make a profit off Up n Atom Burger for all my underhanded skull duggery etc. As of now, stock movement appear to be 100% scripted with missions in SP. If this is going to be a dynamic feature with BAWSAQ in online play, then why not with LCN in SP as well?

9th, Add a dating feature which gets initialized the same way it did in GTA IV. But with a different spin.  First your char sets up an online date with a random ped on their lifeinvader page.  Then they get a text message for the peds location, with the date time and location on their phone.  They pick up the ped at their house at the appointed time and go on a date (movies, amusement rides, gang drive bys in gang territory etc).  You're free to pick whatever amusement or attractions to take the date on. Dressing in certain clothing, driving certain cars etc. add to the dating score. 

Also add a scripted date like/fun bar which if maxed, unlocks that ped for future booty calls. But once your char completes that first successful date, they wouldn't get any annoying phone calls.  They would be able to call up this ped whenever they want to go out/or have a booty call in the future.  Just like they currently can with their friends.

10th, Add new missions and more random events all over the map.  Also add more valuable cash/weapon stash collectibles to underwater sites all over the map. Add more predators in these areas like sharks (underwater) and cougars/coyotes (off road sites) to make collectible finding more challenging and rewarding.

In particular, add a series of new custom quests involving Mt. Chiliad that would require you to use the sky elevator in order to access the mission start marker. Also to use some completely useless props to date like camping gear/tent equipment.  Make these actually functional so your char can actually use it to sleep/regain health while out in the wilderness. I'm thinking RDR style here.  Also be able to cook the meat from game you hunt in the wilderness and store that as food to eat/regain health while on missions etc.

• Platinum2 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users