Photo

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
wolfdog
  • wolfdog

Just announce it already goddamnit

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by wolfdog, 08 October 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Intel: GTA 5 not on PC because somebody paid a lot of money to keep it off

http://www.examiner....-to-keep-it-off

Considering that GTA V for PC has been developed alongside the console versions (unlike other GTAs), that may actually be true.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V's PC version is coming...

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by Big Danny K, 08 October 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Meh, nothing new, that kind of news emerges with every GTA release...

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

People need to realize Rockstar hasn't even announced a PC version, there may well never be one. Who knows. They suffered from the PC version of GTA San Andreas due to being sued, they suffered from the PC version of GTA IV due to making a crap port. It's true there's a market for it, but the sales are seriously harmed by how easy it is to grab a pirate version of the game. 

Even if it is released, don't expect it to be announced for another 5 months or so. It took Rockstar 9 months to port GTA IV to PC, and that was one of the worst ports I've ever witnessed to date.

It's extremely unlikely that there will never be a PC version. There are a ton of references in the game files to PC. There is a whole bug report file, which suggests that V has been developed and tested for all platforms - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC - at the same time. Also, IV was the worst case of a PC release in Rockstar history. It was announced for the platform on August 6th 2008, about three months after the console version's release, and it finally launched on December 3rd. That are 7 months, not 9 months. Besides, IV was ported to the PC platform after the console release, whereas V has been in development for our platform since at least early to mid 2012.
  • BlackScout likes this

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by Sir Kingston, 08 October 2013 - 07:49 PM.

THAT'S IT.
The people posting on here are too stupid.

I've known this website for years but didn't feel like registering for something i would use part time. I've been watching this thread for days to keep my hopes up and it's like you guys have no common sense at all. It's not an insult to everyone but for GTA fans you're pretty stupid when it comes to release dates.

FACT #1
It's coming... 
Surprise? There's a thread that listed 27+ reasons as to why it is coming with proof. Didn't any of you even here of the XML documents even mentioning PS4's OS?

FACT #2: Ofcourse next gen!
As most have said countless times, the current gen is not sustainable for their vision. The end.

FACT #3: Posters on here aren't making facts
Clueless noobs. One guy said that a GTA PC release has not come later than 6 months. He's either drunk or ne
w to GTA.

One hell of a 
way to make a debut, huh? Well i'm sorry. It's just that waiting for the Cockstar Games monopoly company to announce the PC version's RELEASE DATE is stressful enough and i (along with many others, surely) come here to keep my hope up. And for f*ck sake could everyone stop linking to some sh*tty retailer that apperantly knows the release date? Do you use no logic first? Those are just websites looking for attention and traffic on their redundant platforms.

Great, no
w i come off as a raging troll while just a stressed guy who's stress is getting worse for reasons mentioned.

• Big Danny K and PandaTa like this

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

I'm not bullsh*tting!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

It was clear that Sony and Microsoft paid R* to make the game exclusive for a certain time for their outdated systems. 

• Big Danny K likes this

Guardian G.I.
  • Guardian G.I.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by Guardian G.I., 08 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

The previous GTAs were used to promote console sales (PlayStation 2 and later XBOX 360).

If the reason for the forced delay of GTA V is the same, then it doesn't make much sense.

GTA V PC release has been delayed to promote current-gen consoles that will become obsolete 2 months after the release of GTA V when next-gen consoles will become available...

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

The previous GTAs were used to promote console sales (PlayStation 2 and later XBOX 360).
If the reason for the forced delay of GTA V is the same, then it doesn't make much sense.
GTA V PC release has been delayed to promote current-gen consoles that will become obsolete 2 months later when next-gen consoles will become available...
Not 2 but 1 month from now.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

GTA V PC release has been delayed to promote current-gen consoles that will become obsolete 2 months after the release of GTA V when next-gen consoles will become available...

GTA V made the last big sale for current gen.. many bought the current gent to play V.. and since the next gen is sold out for a few  months out they don't need to market that yet because they simply cant make them fast enough to get a console to every buyer in a month.. When it come to the point that consoles will be made and not sold instantly then the "marketing" begins..

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

It was clear that Sony and Microsoft paid R* to make the game exclusive for a certain time for their outdated systems. 

Hm not 100% convinced myself that this is the reason.  I don't deny that GTA 3 was held off the PC thanks to Sony money bagging Rockstar and I have my suspicions that GTA 4 was kept off the PC (for a time) in part thanks to the deal with Microsoft.

However with GTA 5 I just can't see either Sony or MS putting up much dosh to keep it off the PC.  I think a more "logical" explanation is that Rockstar has seen how successful it can be at getting people to "double dip" and they were unable/unwilling to put the resources into producing the game for 3 platforms at the same time.

Although having said that we know that Rockstar had some sort of deal with Sony for GTA 5 so anything is possible I guess.  It just doesn't seem to ring true to me that this time the console companies would be that fussed with keeping the game off the PC.

tomsk222
  • tomsk222

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by tomsk222, 08 October 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Considering that GTA V for PC has been developed alongside the console versions (unlike other GTAs), that may actually be true.

This is probably why PC version is not available yet; they have the PC version complete, however they chose to delay it due to the amount of money they could receive for making it a console exclusive temporary. They could even release it 6 months later. :panic:

Lemans
  • Lemans

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:17 PM Edited by Lemans, 08 October 2013 - 08:17 PM.

FACT #2: Ofcourse next gen!
As most have said countless times, the current gen is not sustainable for their vision. The end.

Get your facts right. Although there are a few (very few) code lines refering to PS4 OS, there's no evidence at all about GTAV coming to next-ge. In fact, it's pretty possible that GTAV will never make it to PS4/One according to this article: http://www.denofgeek...ing-to-next-gen

There, you can read a quote from Dan Houser himself stating they didn't think about next-gen for GTAV, but for the titles they will develop in the future.

Talking to The Guardian about GTA, series co-writer Dan Houser has all but dismissed a next gen outing for Michael, Franklin and Trevor.

Of course we're interested. But no, not in terms of GTA, because we're always working on the current game. We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we're working on further down the line. We don't have another GTA in development, we don't work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing. So, in terms of GTA, no. We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they're planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we're not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We're so busy with what we're doing right now.”

So from this, we can expect next-gen for GTA VI, not V.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V's PC version is coming...

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Watch_Dogs' system requirements turned out to be a fake

It turned out to be true for the most part. Here are the official system requirements:

..::Minimum System Requirements::..
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
System Memory: 6GB
Graphic-card: DirectX11 GPU with 1GB VRAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, AMD Radeon HD 5850 or better

..::Recommended System Requirements::..
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5GHz, AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz
System Memory: 8 GB
Graphic-card: DirectX11 GPU with 2GB VRAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, AMD Radeon HD 5850 or better

Where did you find it?

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

asuhaushasiajs i am a turd askaisjaisja asoiakosaks balahblasaijsa ass... So from this, we can expect next-gen for GTA VI, not V.

Dude, are you... stupid? Grand Theft Auto V will release on the Playstation 4, that is certain. Just like San Andreas later moved to PS3. Oh sure, let's just put some mentioning of Orbis just for fun, huh? Are you trying to make a bet or something?

You're one of the guys that drove me to register. Sir you're not very bright when it comes to how these things work.

NYPD.ESU.55
  • NYPD.ESU.55

CPR

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by NYPD.ESU.55, 08 October 2013 - 08:34 PM.

asuhaushasiajs i am a turd askaisjaisja asoiakosaks balahblasaijsa ass... So from this, we can expect next-gen for GTA VI, not V.

Dude, are you... stupid? Grand Theft Auto V will release on the Playstation 4, that is certain. Just like San Andreas later moved to PS3. Oh sure, let's just put some mentioning of Orbis just for fun, huh? Are you trying to make a bet or something?

You're one of the guys that drove me to register. Sir you're not very bright when it comes to how these things work.

yay! next-gen! f*ck me! Honestly, who the f*ck cares about next-gen CONSOLES on a PC topic? Who? If you want it to next-ass, go dick around in the CONSOLE THREAD: And you are calling others stupid? Nonsense... Dont want to start an argument, or be personal, just I see more next-get related sh*t in here lately, than PC-relaten info, and it grinds my gears now.. I'll be calm now.

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

yay! next-gen! f*ck me! Honestly, who the f*ck cares about next-gen CONSOLES on a PC topic? Who? If you want it to next-ass, go dick around in the CONSOLE THREAD: And you are calling others stupid? Nonsense... Dont want to start an argument, or be personal, just I see more next-get related sh*t in here lately, than PC-relaten info, and it grinds my gears now.. I'll be calm now.

If the next gen is coming then the PC is coming. It's almost a fact that both will happen. But it's a certain fact that the former (PC version exists) i was just addressing that other guy.

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

The quote system on here is bad.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

If the next gen is coming then the PC is coming. It's almost a fact that both will happen. But it's a certain fact that the former (PC version exists) i was just addressing that other guy.

There is no market in next gen for c* yet..  they might do it after PC or f*ck us over and make us wait for them..

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Going back to the topic, are any of you actually going to buy the game at this point if it ever comes out on PC? Wich it will, in 20NOLONGERCAREMUCH. 

Cockstar and Take-Two are using us. They give us table scraps (thanks to idiot commenters everywhere on the internet, i already have the game spoiled btw) and then we mod the hell out of the game creating remixes, "let's play's", meme's and all that free marketing. It works all the time. GTA would be a little over half the successful franchise it is today if it weren't for the PC gamers and the free marketing. Hell, alot of noobs have jumped on to the GTA bandwagon. More and more jump on every year and it's largely due to the free marketing in the e-space driven by the PC gamers.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

qwert2812
  • qwert2812

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

So being the restless-self as I am, I just read the whole build log that was leaked (from the first time a PC version was mention until now)

there are just bugs after bugs, errors after errors, it took them at least 1-2 weeks to sort out known bugs (on console version), I felt like PC version will need a little more time to polish (possibly next spring is the best time)

but hell, that shouldnt stop them from announcing a PC version, and I can still hope for announcment being made in Nov-Dec

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

So being the restless-self as I am, I just read the whole build log that was leaked (from the first time a PC version was mention until now)

there are just bugs after bugs, errors after errors, it took them at least 1-2 weeks to sort out known bugs (on console version), I felt like PC version will need a little more time to polish (possibly next spring is the best time)

but hell, that shouldnt stop them from announcing a PC version, and I can still hope for announcment being made in Nov-Dec

That shouldn't stop them from atleast saying "Look, we know you want the PC version and we are trying our best to polish the experience, we are not sure how long it will take but expect a progress report in November."

Instead, they chose to perform a dick move and say nothing at all. Leaving us to much speculation.

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

- that'll happend only if they are like: "We're gonna push PC version somwhere in spring 2014 and we don't care, whatever we sell, we sell, whatever we earn, we earn."; but i don't think R* is that kind of company (i don't even think that there is any company like that, especially R* with a blockbuster like GTA)

- concerning that Intel thing, well, Intel always have "thumb up" from me, first because of brilliant peace of hardware called CPU, than because of this article (and articles like this in past)

- my old nose, full covered with hair inside of my nostrils, is telling me (like i stated hundreds pages ago) that we'll see announcement month after ugly-black-boxes release, and that'll be October 17th ... and that can be automatically connected with November 12th for release (or few days later), which, for me, makes perfect sence, concerning about other releases and of course, again, that famous sentence of "... closing the gap between consoles and PC ..."

• Platinum2 likes this

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I wish i could go to the future and see the date it released and come back to tell you guys when the damn thing's announcement and actual release date will happen. Until then we have Rockstar's newswire full of patch news for a game they worked on for 5 years because getting more testers was too mainstream.

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Am I the only who's starting to think GTAO's troubles are involved in all of that? I mean, if the game had run properly since the start, maybe a PC version of the game would have been already announced...

Lemans
  • Lemans

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

That shouldn't stop them from atleast saying "Look, we know you want the PC version and we are trying our best to polish the experience, we are not sure how long it will take but expect a progress report in November."

Instead, they chose to perform a dick move and say nothing at all. Leaving us to much speculation.

Rockstar have proved a few times now that they are not a very customer-friendly company, but a bussiness-friendly one. They will show all their love to every contract they sign and every briefcase they receive, and they do not mind if they have to sacrifice a whole consumer market (PC) for that shiny black briefcase. Remaining silent is probably part of that bussiness they love.

shushumiga
  • shushumiga

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I wish i could go to the future and see the date it released and come back to tell you guys when the damn thing's announcement and actual release date will happen. Until then we have Rockstar's newswire full of patch news for a game they worked on for 5 years because getting more testers was too mainstream.

- they have tons of problems, yes !!! why, you ask me ? mainly, because, GTA was maid, and the purpose of the game is for next-gen/PC usage, but, again, they wanted to scale it down, and milk millions of bucks on dying hardware too, it is so obvious ... so, they are facing problem called "new software on old hardware"

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Stuff on the examiner may look like news, but isn't, any cook can play at being a journo there... I hear it's heaps of fun. "money exchanged hands..." wooooo, heavy sh*t!!!

Anyways, what's left to discuss? Everyone wants a pc version, except maybe Sony execs. 

Also, if you look at the art... it really doesn't seem designed with 720p in mind. It's too detailed and distorts like crazy at this resolution. If there were no plans to bring it to PC and next gen they would've toned that down and actually gotten a sharper picture. 

Also, GTA Online not on PC? Are you f*cking nuts? You don't launch an MMO like game at the end of a cycle.

It's not a discussion anymore. It's just a question of when, and how (to monetize it)

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Rockstar have proved a few times now that they are not a very customer-friendly company, but a bussiness-friendly one. They will show all their love to every contract they sign and every briefcase they receive, and they do not mind if they have to sacrifice a whole consumer market (PC) for that shiny black briefcase. Remaining silent is probably part of that bussiness they love.

Indeed.

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

What are the chances of GTA V being yet another sh*tty port? Has anyone here with a relatively low spec card played both GTA IV and MP 3 and noticed a difference?

Anslem
  • Anslem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

I agree that a next-gen release is imminent. But there's plenty of reason for people to think otherwise. The quote from Houser for one and the fact that nowhere in the leaked devlog does it mention any of the new consoles. The only thing to go on is the "Orbis" mention in that one config file.

Still, it'll definitely happen. R* isn't going to shoot themselves in the foot like that. Personally, I think the PC release is being intentionally held back for a next-gen announcement. If you go by what the guy from Intel said, it would make sense that Microsoft or Sony...possibly both would want the PC version pushed as far behind the next gen release as possible. They want to sell a lot of next-gen garbage and a GTA 5 release on those systems would sure be a good way to do it.

After all, why would you buy the next gen versions if the f*cking PC version is sitting right next to it?

Meh, who knows, but that seems fairly likely knowing what cash whores these three companies are.

Sir Kingston
  • Sir Kingston

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by Sir Kingston, 08 October 2013 - 09:46 PM.

Heh, seems were all starting to repeat ourselves. PC version exists, that's long been a fact now. Something interesting needs to happen before the end of this week. Ah, then again, it's not like if anything doesn't i'll lose my respect for R* because i already did, a long time ago.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users