Photo

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:53 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 06 October 2013 - 02:58 AM.

see? the E3 demo graphics was way better than the sold product, the exact same 'scandal' is not impossible with any games including V; that's why I'm highly skeptical on using promotional screenshots, even videos to judge the quality of graphics in today games.

they are all very easily manipulable especially by big developers.

Wow, which probably means the same thing for The Division, and Watch Dogs.

They did the same thing with Ghost Recon Future Soldier. it wasn't just the graphics, but the mission shown at E3 wasn't even in the game.

That scared me a little. :*(

LMAO. Ubisoft is Ubisoft. They are known for their bait and switch tactics and false advertising.  C* is not known for doing such things, at least when it comes to visual representations of their games.. All of the initial footage and screens of their games are done on PC and the visual fidelity remains that way until it's released on PC to customers. Ubisoft on the other hand, showcase an amazing looking game and then have it looking significantly different and or downgraded by the time it's released.....Far Cry 3 is a prime example of this. 

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 06 October 2013 - 02:58 AM.

HOLY f*ckING sh*t ENOUGH 

EEEEEENOUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHH IS ENOUGH 

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERf*ckIN DELAYS IN THIS MOTHERf*ckIN GAMES INDUSTRY 

RELEASE YO DAMN GAMES SIMULTANEOUSLY ALREADY, WHAT THE f*ck IS YOUR PROBLEM

WE'RE ALL GAMERS, WE ALL JUST WANT TO PLAY OUR f*ckING GAMES, NOONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID sh*t PROFITS AND YOU BILLIONS OF DOLLARS

NOONE f*ckING CARES ABOUT ANYTHING BUT GAMES GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD ROCKSTAR, f*ck JUST SAY SOMETHING

SAY ANYTHING I CAN'T TAKE THIS sh*t NO MORE

I'VE HAD IT MAN

I'VE JUST HAD IT

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THISSSSS

It's okay. I'm calm. I'm cool. I'm fine. it's all good. It'll be okay, It'll be great! It'll be announced in just a few weeks and everything will be just fine! You'll see! 

Wonderful!

Even once I have this game in my hands next month or the month after, I have sworn to myself that this is the last time I buy another game from them. They simply don't deserve it with the way they f*ck over their PC customers time and time again. Their money milking schemes are sickening and repulsive. C* has really hit a nerve with me this time. 

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:58 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 06 October 2013 - 03:00 AM.

*Rage against the Cocks*

:^: Thoroughly agree with everything you've just stated. What a bunch of pricks. :(

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

let me say this again, I will not be surprised if the PC/next gen version of V does not have a superior graphics than the current version aside from bigger res, better AA and AF, maybe R* have pulled a Far Cry 3 there.

That is very doubtful.. C* has learned a lot since GTA IV. They've acquired a great deal more of experience and are far more adept now at utilizing the RAGE engine. They made massive leaps with the engine in Max Payne 3. These better skills and knowledge most certainly carried over these into GTA V for sure. I mean, GTA V is their biggest and most ambitious game to date. 

GTA V PC is their crowning achievement, i'm sure. It already looks magnificent on consoles, and that's with the lowest settings possible. It will look breath taking on PC with all bells and whistles turned on. Even better than the original debut trailer, even, since that footage is from an old build. 

up to you whether you believe it or not, I will not put my expectation that high though.

if you read brian's posts, actually what he said about the evidence on the supposedly to be an advanced version of V can be a double edged sword...

when he said about things like higher quality assets, shaders etc, such things may OR MAY NOT be made into toggle able options in the PC version, because well if you've been PC gaming long you would've understand what I'm saying here, things like different lighting, extra objects on the gameworld usually are not toggle able; name me a game out there that spawn new objects if you use highest graphics option compared to medium/low, is there any?

the fact is, actually today with the current V we can see on consoles, it's arguable that R* already fool the customers, they cheated the current customers and sold a different products than advertised, at least on the graphic side judged from the first few trailers, in that case it's not wrong to think that R* isn't that different in this than Ubisoft.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by Xerukal, 06 October 2013 - 03:09 AM.

It appears I've finally snapped.

Today, I printed out a screenshot of Trevor driving his personal vehicle (In HQ) and taped it over my computer screen. I moved my mouse around and pretended to play on my keyboard. My friends visiting over were very disturbed and contemplated checking me into an asylum.

Rockstar, If you're reading this (Which you aren't), please... just... just anything. I can't take it. I need my fix. I haven't showered in a month.

• tomm_y likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

Today, I printed out a screenshot of Trevor driving his personal vehicle (In HQ) and taped it over my computer screen. I moved my mouse around and pretended to play on my keyboard. My friends visiting over were very disturbed and contemplated checking me into an asylum.

Rockstar, If you're reading this (Which you aren't), please... just... just anything. I can't take it. I need my fix. I haven't showered in a month.

Oh my...

It's okay my friend. At least you aren't suffering alone.

• tomm_y likes this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

LOL. I'm steadily losing myself, too. I google "GTA V PC news" every 5 minutes of the day, rage spam C* games twitter page every 10 minutes, and come to this thread every 15 minutes. 

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:15 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 06 October 2013 - 04:15 AM.

This waiting........this silence.....this endless game of going in circles.........dear God. It's driving me to the edge, man. This will be the death of me. 

iihKQInd6gdAy.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

While we are sitting and waiting, I'd like to show you guys something from the previous GTA IV for PC thread.

http://gtaforums.com...for-pc/page-406

^ That was the page when the confirmation arrived, I just wish the same happens but with GTA V instead. Everyone went crazy after that as you can see, after all the arguments with the console gamers and speculation that there wouldn't be a PC version. Can't believe it's been 5 years already.

• Big Danny K likes this

fatcowxlive
  • fatcowxlive

MooMooMoo!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

While we are sitting and waiting, I'd like to show you guys something from the previous GTA IV for PC thread.

^ That was the page when the confirmation arrived, I just wish the same happens but with GTA V instead. Everyone went crazy after that as you can see, after all the arguments with the console gamers and speculation that there wouldn't be a PC version. Can't believe it's been 5 years already.

Time flies man. I remember surfing through that thread, it was very exciting at the time when I saw all the posts with the sources. I just hope it comes sooner than later

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

Just turned on my computer, checked my e-mails, then took a look at my youtube subscriptions. GTASeries Videos upload another GTA V video.

While watching the video, I looked at my PC.

I've felt exactly this way

Brace+yourself+the+quot+I+paused+movie+x

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

It got locked on my 14th birthday.

But yeah, reading some of those posts put a smile on my face. The same thing will happen. No doubt about it!

So don't go crazy yet guys! We still have 2 more months for an announcement. 

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

That's so beautiful...

I really want that to happen with GTA 5... I really do. 

I just want to hug all of you when it gets announced.

Naked. 

With unwashed genitals.

And an unbreakable erection.

I+actually+wouldn+t+mind+him+being+playe

• _Kindled_ and PlasmaFLOW like this

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

For f*ck sakes the announcement better be this month and the release of the PC version of the game will be this year not 2014 where we already moved on to other sh*t

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

For f*ck sakes the announcement better be this month and the release of the PC version of the game will be this year not 2014 where we already moved on to other sh*t

Dream on that is happening though....In a paralel universe.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

Reading through that GTA IV thread is so funny. In one guy's sig, he still has Mass Effect, Bioshock and Halo 3 as games he's pre ordered  :lol:

Dang, those were the days. 

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

waiting is a torture but im sure we'll be having much more fun (after all) than the console gamers whenever that game will be released on PC : 

(you most likely allready know all of these facts but just to remind ourselves about the wonders of the PC version)

* they cant have mods.

* they cant use Oculus Rift to play it which would be a blast on V.

* their mp is limited to only 16 players while PC will have atleast 32 players online.

* plus, by the time we'll get to play the PC version most of the bugs and issues will be gone probably.

* they suffer from lower quality product overall thanks to their pathetic console, PC version will "fix" the game if you will. (you know this better than i do)

now cheers.

• TovarishTony likes this

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

We would have our armed revenge against those console trolls with GTA V PC

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:39 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 06 October 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Dude, you're really starting to get annoying now. I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're just spouting idiotic crap because you don't know any better. You're uneducated opinions and continual pessimism contribute nothing to this thread. Again, if you're simply trolling or joking, I don't know. It's kind of hard to tell. Either way, it's getting kind of old. 

• Platinum2 likes this

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:56 AM Edited by alexbowwow, 06 October 2013 - 07:02 AM.

Dude, you're really starting to get annoying now. I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're just spouting idiotic crap because you don't know any better. You're uneducated opinions and continual pessimism contribute nothing to this thread. Again, if you're simply trolling or joking, I don't know. It's kind of hard to tell. Either way, it's getting kind of old. 

It's not pessimism, it's realistic thinking. You won't say anything when the game will come out next year in may-june and I'll be like "I told you so". I want the game as bad as you this year, but I know it ain't gonna happen. Do you think that if R* made over 1 billion $ in sales or if R* already finished the pc version they will release it this year just because there are so many who want it now? They won't, they already made tons of money and they will still make more money even though they will release it next year, because there will be people who will buy the pc version even though they played it/not played it on consoles.(sorry for my english, it's not my native language)

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Quit f*cking citing $1 billion as an excuse for Rockstar to not work on the PC version or give a sh*t about it. That money was a figure, and you speak as if there's one person who is collectively known as "Rockstar" and is now a billionaire. That money isn't going straight to someone's pockets - it still needs to be taxed, distributed amongst others, and reinvested back into the company.

To anyone who cites the "$1 billion" bullsh*t again, you're an idiot. Plain and simple.

• Albert Kike likes this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

It's not pessimism, it's realistic thinking. You won't say anything when the game will come out next year in may-june and I'll be like "I told you so". I want the game as bad as you this year, but I know it ain't gonna happen. Do you think that if R* made over 1 billion $ in sales or if R* already finished the pc version they will release it this year just because there are so many who want it now? They won't, they already made tons of money and they will still make more money even though they will release it next year, because there will be people who will buy the pc version even though they played it/not played it on consoles.(sorry for my english, it's not my native language)

Yikes........this comment is just oozing with ignorance .I really don't want to bother explaining to you why you are wrong on so many levels. I'll start sounding like a broken record if I pull out all of the information that's been discussed within the last 100 pages of this thread, so I won't. It's not worth my time. 

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Yikes........this comment is just oozing with ignorance .I really don't want to bother explaining to you why you are wrong on so many levels. I'll start sounding like a broken record if I pull out all of the information that's been discussed within the last 100 pages of this thread, so I won't. It's not worth my time. 

I won't say anything anymore. We'll wait and hope for the best... ;)

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 AM Edited by sjaak327, 06 October 2013 - 08:08 AM.

Don't be pessimistic or realistic in this thread, or you will be labelled annoying, uneducated or a troll. Pretty amazing how the discussion is being changed on here.

Despite all the evidence, opinions and expectations, it is still Rockstar who calls the shots on this one, and they "have nothing to share" .

I hope that I am wrong, but I don't expect the pc version to drop before april next year, and can see several reasons for this.

The reasons I see have not been refuted by any evidence I have seen on this thread.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:23 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 06 October 2013 - 08:24 AM.

but I don't expect the pc version to drop before april next year, and can see several reasons for this.

The reasons I see have not been refuted by any evidence I have seen on this thread.

Stop your yapping and post these "reasons". 

• sivaG likes this

Bonaldo
  • Bonaldo

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I only hope it will come out in November as it's suspected.

This means we should hopefully hear announcement in late October/early November

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

The reasons are pretty obvious and some of them have been mentioned several times.

1) Marketing
2) insignificance of the target market
3) GTA Online, modding versus R* new businessmodel with Microtransactions
4) History
5) Rockstar declining to even mention the pc version

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

As I said earlier in this thread, I'll be buying 1 new game this year for pc. I'm a student and my examinations start in January 10th. I would love to get GTA V but if it doesn't come out this year, well, too bad. Because I'll be buying Watch Dogs. Besides, the upcoming summer I won't even be in my country. So whichever comes out first will be played. The one that doesn't, well too bad....Won't even bother waiting for GTA next year....

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

The reasons are pretty obvious and some of them have been mentioned several times.

1) Marketing
2) insignificance of the target market
3) GTA Online, modding versus R* new businessmodel with Microtransactions
4) History
5) Rockstar declining to even mention the pc version

Don't forget that game developers are bunch of a**holes 99% of the time. So no matter how many proofs you got, they might just start "trolling" and act like they don't care about PC gamers and still won't release it!

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Is it just me or time has started flowing really fast after GTAV's release? PC announcement will come before you know it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users