PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
SickboyGNi
  • SickboyGNi

I.T Security

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Looks like i wont be playing WD for a while too.. It's DX11 only, and i dont have a DX11 card... yet. So im going to paly GTA IV with Icenhancer 2.5 if its out.

According to one of the devs, those are not the official specs. The real specs will be revealed soon and require less than those revealed yesterday.

https://twitter.com/...815285116063744

That's not about a game, that's about a gun. Two guys having a twitter conversation about a gun. One is saying "do you want to buy my French world war II rifle" "it was never fired and only dropped once" lol

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Looks like i wont be playing WD for a while too.. It's DX11 only, and i dont have a DX11 card... yet. So im going to paly GTA IV with Icenhancer 2.5 if its out.

According to one of the devs, those are not the official specs. The real specs will be revealed soon and require less than those revealed yesterday.

That's not about a game, that's about a gun. Two guys having a twitter conversation about a gun. One is saying "do you want to buy my French world war II rifle" "it was never fired and only dropped once" lol

hello, étant donné que aujourd'hui les configurations mini pour faire tourner watch dogs on été dévoilé, Je suis choqué que
  • Smaher. likes this

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Learn to read.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Well, this thread got real depressing real fast over night (Or day). 

Maybe we should all just collectively suicide and maybe then Rockstar will give kind of a f*ck. 

NYPD.ESU.55
  • NYPD.ESU.55

CPR

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by NYPD.ESU.55, 03 October 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Google translate: 

@SebViard hello, since today's mini configurations to rotate watch dogs have been released, I am shocked that

@Pixel67_FR Hello. These are not official configs. The real specs out soon and will be lower than they

It is messed up, but you get the point. Its not about some effin WWII gun, dude.

Anyways, I dont get it then, why Ubi shared these specs on the official site then? Nevermind, i dont wat to go off-topic that much. I just want GTA V at least under my Christmas Tree. :)

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

This is great news! 

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V PC - APR 14, 2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

It may sound like a buzzkill to you all, but seeing how R* got their hands full with fixing up GTA V and GTA V Online, I think the PC version is not as close as we thought... They won't make any big announcements untill most of the console version's problems are resolved, especially with the Online section...

• SilverRST likes this

Hveding
  • Hveding

GTA5 PC ? Still waiting..

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by Hveding, 03 October 2013 - 09:34 PM.

It may sound like a buzzkill to you all, but seeing how R* got their hands full with fixing up GTA V and GTA V Online, I think the PC version is not as close as we thought... They won't make any big announcements untill most of the console version's problems are resolved, especially with the Online section...

it depends on if R* got separate teams working on the game. Many game dev's got one team for the console version, and one for the PC version.
But ofc, i have no clue about how R* work on the games they make... Did just mention this because many dev's work like this.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

it depends on if R* got separate teams working on the game. Many game dev's got one team for the console version, and one for the PC version.
But ofc, i have no clue about how R* work on the games they make... Did just mention this because many dev's work like this.

No way they have everyone working on online. Everyone work on specific things, what they are good at. Not everybody generally working. Not all of them are either authorized or set on the online work.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

I believe Rockstar Leeds will take care of the PC port (version). 

After the mess that was GTA IV with Toronto, Rockstar Leeds took over with PC porting duties, not like LA Noire was any better...

But that's just how it is now. One thing I find strange about the LA Noire PC version, is that the shadows are a lot lighter and more transparent than the PS3 version. The facial animations also aren't as smooth either. I just hope GTA V won't turn out like LA Noire if Leeds is "optimizing" it as we speak. 

I think now that Rockstar Vancouver has merged with Toronto, they'll be working on new titles only.

xspeed
  • xspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Even after an year is still true -

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

[quote name="xspeed" post="1063581097" quote]Delete that please.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Most of the major online issues on the PS3 have be resolved since late yesterday, it seems. I was playing online for 4 hours straight this morning without a single issue, and so were my crew members. There are still bugs, but that's to be expected. GTAO will have ongoing work from on out. The ongoing work will include fixing bugs, adding more content, adjusting imbalances and supporting servers. 

An October announcement is very much possible after the Japan launch a week from now. They aren't simply going to forget about something as important as their PC project, and I reckon they have a dedicated group who works on the PC version, just as they have dedicated groups who work on GTAO and the console versions. 

Trevor's Mother
  • Trevor's Mother

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

GTA IV was released on April 2008 for consoles, announced on August 2008 and released on December 2008 for PC.

So V will be announced in January 2014 and released in May 2014.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

C* put their cocks on the GTA Online and it seems to be painfull for them.

Which causes the PC version won't see any daylight this year.

xspeed
  • xspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

What makes you think the same team which is developing visually/scripting is working on the server part/net coding for GTAO cuz ya know those two are different things rolf!

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 03 October 2013 - 10:19 PM.

No way they have everyone working on online. Everyone work on specific things, what they are good at. Not everybody generally working. Not all of them are either authorized or set on the online work.

Exactly. Two days ago they made the statement that "their entire team is working on it" -- referring to GTAO.

But the majority of the issues they are dealing with right now are server related, not technical. The two week wait for the online, coupled with the astronomical sales numbers served as a lethal duo for their servers as they were quickly overwhelmed by the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of people who were trying to simultaneously connect. Server related issues of this kind are much easier to resolve than say technical issues with the game itself. 

They have been looking for and purchasing hundreds of more servers like crazy since experiencing the October 1st servers crisis. And I imagine that since the greatest issues at the moment are server related,  other members from different departments inside the dev crew were requested to help out with this endeavor as well. But this doesn't mean that EVERY single person in their division is fixated on the online component.

It was confirmed by Lesie Benzies that GTA IV had nearly 300 people working on it full time, and somewhere between 600 - 700 people working on it all together either full time or part time from their Edinburgh office , Leeds, San Diego, NY, etc., so I'd imagine GTA V has even more people working on it considering how big a project it is. I highly doubt that literally all 300 - 400 of them are working solely on GTAO right now as we speak. 

• BananLaks likes this

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V PC - APR 14, 2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

I never thought that one studio is doing everything, I meant that R* bosses will tell them not to announce anything untill the GTA Online thing is resolved

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 03 October 2013 - 10:23 PM.

GTA IV was released on April 2008 for consoles, announced on August 2008 and released on December 2008 for PC.

No! You've got it all wrong! GTA V PC will be announced in January of 2015, and released in June of 2016. FACT.

Hveding
  • Hveding

GTA5 PC ? Still waiting..

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

All we can do is hope.. At least i hope for 22 november ! Heard a lot of talk about that date, but also March 2014..

• BlackScout likes this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 03 October 2013 - 10:35 PM.

I never thought that one studio is doing everything, I meant that R* bosses will tell them not to announce anything untill the GTA Online thing is resolved

It's just an announcement, dude. It's not like they would lose anything by having the announcement, or need to tell everybody at the office to stop what they're doing just for a PC announcement -- when it's completely unrelated/separate to the console online component anyways. They'll be continuously encountering new bugs, working on fixing them, and updating GTAO well beyond the PC release and into the next couple of years. So the idea that current GTAO issues will somehow hold back a PC release doesn't hold up well, imo. 

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Snowy and Cold

• Members
  • Greenland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

More like this. :p

tumblr_mi1g0b5Kvr1qbot5oo1_1280.jpg

WOOW That's a big difference. I ♥ PC Gaming...

BakedBagel
  • BakedBagel

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I WANNA PUNCH KIDS LIKE THIS IN THE FACE

PCECOoN.jpg

THEY DONOT KNOW HALF OF WHAT f*ckING WITH EMOTIONS IS. GZUZ

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 03 October 2013 - 10:50 PM.

PCECOoN.jpg

This is nothing compared to the many others I've seen. Some of these jackasses have been demanding a full refund or compensation in the form of free stuff for their inconvenience and frustration of having to wait  a few hours to play online. Others have been saying Rockstar should close and leave the industry because they are incapable of maintaining their games. It's utterly disgusting. 

And even with such sh*tty console customers, they still refuse to even whisper a peep about their PC version which is all their PC customers are asking for at the moment. These C* bastards are something else, I tell ya.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

PCECOoN.jpg

This is nothing compared to the many others I've seen. Some of these jackasses have been demanding a full refund and compensation in the form of free stuff for their inconvenience and frustration of having to wait  a few hours to play online. Others have been saying Rockstar should close and leave the industry because they are incapable of maintaining their games. It's utterly disgusting. 

Then they talk about PC gamers being whiny and arrogant and that we don't deserve GTA V  :sarcasm:

Oh the irony. 

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

No! You've got it all wrong! GTA V PC will be announced in January of 2015, and released in June of 2016. FACT.

Man, wtf are you on about?? Are you insane?! Get outta here, you bad troll!

Spoiler

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

PCECOoN.jpg

This is nothing compared to the many others I've seen. Some of these jackasses have been demanding a full refund and compensation in the form of free stuff for their inconvenience and frustration of having to wait  a few hours to play online. Others have been saying Rockstar should close and leave the industry because they are incapable of maintaining their games. It's utterly disgusting. 

Then they talk about PC gamers being whiny and arrogant and that we don't deserve GTA V  :sarcasm:

Oh the irony. 

And even with such sh*tty console customers, they still refuse to even whisper a peep about their PC version which is all their PC customers are asking for at the moment. These C* bastards are something else, I tell ya.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Oh the irony. 

Money talks. As long as the console sheep keep throwing money at Rockstar, they'll bend over with their ass cheeks spread wide open for em.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Man, wtf are you on about?? Are you insane?! Get outta here, you bad troll!

Spoiler

TROLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLL

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Oh the irony. 

Money talks. As long as the console sheep keep throwing money at Rockstar, they'll bend over with their ass cheeks spread wide open for em.

LMFAO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users