PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Damn I hate people that defend R* or any other company. THey probaly never worked in their life... So if they bought a car and it didn't work or was something wrong with it, they would be OK with it... it is same thing. You buy something and it should work as intended not some half ass broken sh*t. People don't get that either because they never earn any money on their own or are just idiots.

/rant

I sort of see why. Well, they make really good games. The only games I even bother playing for thousands of hours. But their tactics are terrible as well as low support regarding us pc gamers. I got no intentilns whatsoever to buy a console and I do sort of expect R* to publish the pc version soon. It's almost like...racism that Rockstar is practicing right now.

(Please R*, for the love of god, just release the damn gam already. Cannot stand the wait anymore!!!)

Also, if they release it this year, it's most likely gonna be when I have exams...

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Damn I hate people that defend R* or any other company. THey probaly never worked in their life... So if they bought a car and it didn't work or was something wrong with it, they would be OK with it... it is same thing. You buy something and it should work as intended not some half ass broken sh*t. People don't get that either because they never earn any money on their own or are just idiots.

/rant

take it easy, take a sisi xD

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

I do understand that, but it seems the way people do things nowdays. They hurry to deliver the product even if it is not complete cause the market demand it, so they launch knowing that they will need to fix it later. It has changed sometime ago, dunno where, but it has changed.

CJ_Vercetti
  • CJ_Vercetti

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

/rant

These are pretty brutal system requirements IMO. Many people would need to upgrade to 64-bit OS to run it.

Many? No. Few? Yes. I personally don't know anybody with 32bit system, not even in company I work.
And it is time to go 64bit, you don't lose anything with it! You can run 32bit software and games perfectly if not better than on native 32bit system.

64-bit is quite a norm for new systems today as most have at least 4GB of RAM.

What I am more concerned about are VGA and CPU requirements. I mean, what about people who play games on notebooks, do you need to buy Alienware just to play Watch Dogs.

I hope that new Haswell i5 ULV and GT 750M will be able to play on medium.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:37 PM Edited by AlmightyHabbib, 03 October 2013 - 01:40 PM.

/rant

You sure you know what you are talking about? It's easy to test a car, or a computer, it's quite entirely different, to test online servers, for a car they can give a run, for a computer too, but you cannot log in on your servers from 20 million different consoles, they have to prepare as best they can by estimates, and technical knowledge, but until they are tested practically, when some 10million+ people try to log in at the same time, they have no way of knowing for sure.

Also, what has earning money to do with your comment? It's like you just wanted to include that, to feel superior to kids/teenagers who buy the game from their parent's money, but in truth you just made yourself an idiot, because that bit of the comment is irrelevant.

• Drifty1337 likes this

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I was looking up benchmark tests comparing different CPUs, and apart from games that use ridiculous amounts of CPU processing like Total War, the CPU will not make much difference where frame rates are relatively low, say under 60 frames.  Where the differences started to show (at least in these benchmarks I saw) was in framerates above say 90 or so.

xspeed
  • xspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Do you guys think that we will be hearing something from R* next week?

and by the way,do they have certain days in the week that they post news and stuff like that?

I think I've read that R* likes tuesdays. Don't quote me on it, tho. :D

I think it's gonna be awhile before they announce anything.  December at the earliest.  GTA IV came out at the end of April in 08, the PC version was announced at the beginning of August.  Then came out in December.

Yea, but they have said that they will keep the gap between PC and console releases smaller from now on.

So, comparing with previous release dates doesn't matter. Unless they screw us over. Pls don't, R*.

What's the source, where did you read about the gap between PV and consoles being smaller?

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Do you guys think that we will be hearing something from R* next week?

and by the way,do they have certain days in the week that they post news and stuff like that?

I think I've read that R* likes tuesdays. Don't quote me on it, tho. :D

I think it's gonna be awhile before they announce anything.  December at the earliest.  GTA IV came out at the end of April in 08, the PC version was announced at the beginning of August.  Then came out in December.

Yea, but they have said that they will keep the gap between PC and console releases smaller from now on.

So, comparing with previous release dates doesn't matter. Unless they screw us over. Pls don't, R*.

What's the source, where did you read about the gap between PV and consoles being smaller?

“Secondly, just in terms of sheer production, building a large, fully explorable world takes a lot more effort than building your typical game’s movie-set style series of facades, which tend to be tunnels of detail through an environment rather than a fully realized whole. As console power has increased and our experience has increased, I think we’re narrowing that gap more and more.”

Quoted from http://www.vg247.com...s-art-director/

Said by a member of Rockstar.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 03 October 2013 - 02:06 PM.

/rant

You sure you know what you are talking about? It's easy to test a car, or a computer, it's quite entirely different, to test online servers, for a car they can give a run, for a computer too, but you cannot log in on your servers from 20 million different consoles, they have to prepare as best they can by estimates, and technical knowledge, but until they are tested practically, when some 10million+ people try to log in at the same time, they have no way of knowing for sure.

Also, what has earning money to do with your comment? It's like you just wanted to include that, to feel superior to kids/teenagers who buy the game from their parent's money, but in truth you just made yourself an idiot, because that bit of the comment is irrelevant.

Hellow C* lover. I see you didn't get my point.

Edit: Your post history is telling same story as mine, except I'm more "harsh" on them, so how didn't you get my point??

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

A week from now till October 10th . I don't feel like any news are coming tough ...

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

A week from now till October 10th . I don't feel like any news are coming tough ...

Me neither, I guess It's best to forget about the game for now.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Me neither, I guess It's best to forget about the game for now.

Well, just remember how al GTAV announcements came when nobody was expecting them... nah, I'm pretty sure there will be nothing.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Everyone forget GTA V for PC, I doubt it's coming

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Don't be like that :O

BakedBagel
  • BakedBagel

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Meh. sigh guys if nothing is said at firstlook2013 then im gonna get really really over gtav for pc

nan0s0ldier
  • nan0s0ldier

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Thats exactly what R* wants you to say so you finally crack and get ps3/xbox version... and BOOM!!! pc release 22Nov....

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Meh. sigh guys if nothing is said at firstlook2013 then im gonna get really really over gtav for pc

Exactly. If nothing is said there, just a little official info, or just a confirmation that it's in development, I'm done with it. I'm gonna buy Watch Dogs instead. 

I'm sick of this every-day searching for more info and hoping for an annoucement. That's just disrespectful from them . I don't care about their marketing, look at Ubisoft how they treat PC gamers ... 

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thats exactly what R* wants you to say so you finally crack and get ps3/xbox version... and BOOM!!! pc release 22Nov....

Truth, they want people to buy the game twice.

nan0s0ldier
  • nan0s0ldier

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

I bought the ps3 version already.... I'd buy the twice just to get the pc version lol... It's worth it in my eyes... I'd even pay console price for the PC version...

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by 1987_EC, 03 October 2013 - 02:49 PM.

thats what R* want you to think..thats what they want us all to think. 

the way i see it is that it is my one and only option to buy the pc version anyway, buying a console only for playing GTA V console version is just not an option for me, but we must not give up its tough waiting like that but itll most likely get announced sooner or later its a matter of time and patient, but i tend to believe that it is going to be worth the wait for certain.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Man, the WD specs are brutal. :(

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

One week left to Japan release. If there is no news by then, I will move on untill the release has been announced. :p

NYPD.ESU.55
  • NYPD.ESU.55

CPR

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

WD specs are bullsh*t. Dont believe it guys.

• tomm_y likes this

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

I bought the ps3 version already.... I'd buy the twice just to get the pc version lol... It's worth it in my eyes... I'd even pay console price for the PC version...

Your are the type of person that gives R* reasons to behave like they behave.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

If C* really has the guts to release GTAV in spring 2014 or whatever which month in 2014, I'll seriously pirate it.

They don't deserve the money of how they treat ut PC gamers. The deserve the dick in their ass.

• tomm_y likes this

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Game512, 03 October 2013 - 03:12 PM.

thats what R* want you to think..thats what they want us all to think. 

the way i see it is that it is my one and only option to buy the pc version anyway, buying a console only for playing GTA V console version is just not an option for me, but we must not give up its tough waiting like that but itll most likely get announced sooner or later its a matter of time and patient, but i tend to believe that it is going to be worth the wait for certain.

Who cares? 

In 1-2 weeks I'll finish watching walkthrough on Youtube, including many other long videos with free-roam in GTA V. Missions, secrets, world. In a couple of weeks I'll be able to say that I've seen almost everything in this game.

And after that I don't care about this game anymore.

f*ck them. The only thing that I'm sorry for is that I was really excited for this game and I was spending my time waiting for info about the game, discussing when these f*ckers release a couple of f*cking screens or when they release some info.

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by Game512, 03 October 2013 - 03:11 PM.

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

It's here boys. Enjoy.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Damn, I just finally realized the only one thing I absolutely hate in GTA V. And yes, it's the vehicle physics system. Jesus...Agter SRIV was released I even had a nightmare about me playing V and driving a motorcycle and it was an awful experience lol. I so much hoped GTA V is not going to have this type of over-arcade physics...The first bell rang after the first trailer was released - that moment when a red convertible crashes into a blue car during a cop chase.

And the last nail in the coffin was this video... :sui: 

Oh_God_Why-47-650x650.jpg

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

WD specs are bullsh*t. Dont believe it guys.

Specs are from official Uplay store so I guess It's legit.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

If it comes to PC, I'll just wait to pick it up on sale for $7 like I did with GTA IV on Steam. By then, they'd have patched the game, the mods will be out, and all the console fanboys that preached it wasn't coming to PC will wallow in their own ignorance and selfishness. The time will be upon us soon brethren. We must prepare our wallets and bank accounts for the Steam Holiday Sale!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users