PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Johnny-K
  • Johnny-K

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

A true fan of the series will buy for sure the original copy for multiplayer and exclusive content, but more important for having such a great game in his collection.

aliaseedful
  • aliaseedful

Living and dying in Alderney

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (R.F. @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 13:26)
pc gamers always get bs.. every f*n time. there are either really bad ports or no ports whatsoever...

The reason they get bullsh*t is because of people like you, sir.

If they developed PC and console versions at the same time, that would delay the game for about the time it will take for a port to come out.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Shreddy Krueger @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:14)
I've never understood this. I'm a console gamer so I don't pay alot of attention to PC news, but why is it that PC versions always come out later? I mean, if they INTEND on releasing it for PC at some point, why not just at launch with the consoles? Is it to do with the amount of manpower required for dev teams to program/code a game for all 3 platforms at the same time? I'm asking this seriously, I really don't know. It seems PC-ers get the screwjob again, which totally blows for you guys.

Hopefully it'll be a short wait.

Because thats how Rockstar's policy works. They did same thing with GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA and GTA IV. They did this because that's how they can boost consoles sales and then get even more money from PC version.

JoeM
  • JoeM

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:39)
Because thats how Rockstar's policy works. They did same thing with GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA and GTA IV. They did this because that's how they can boost consoles sales and then get even more money from PC version.

Im guessing it's because GTA 1 came out on PC first, very few people bought it, then released on PS1 and sold loads, then PC sales picked up.

Just look at sales figures for GTA IV, Total sales were about 22 Mil, 18.5 Mil of that were on consoles - the rest on PC.
If you were in business, who would you look after first?

And as said above, Console gamers will probably buy it on PC after they have finished it to mod it.
I know I will.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just wait, the official PC announcement will arrive. icon14.gif

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

sooooo.......................................Are we done? /thread

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I really don't see the big deal, this happened with gta 4, so what. It'll come, be patient.
Luckily I'm a PS3 fan when it comes to new gta's.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (JoeM @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:53)
QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:39)

Im guessing it's because GTA 1 came out on PC first, very few people bought it, then released on PS1 and sold loads, then PC sales picked up.

Just look at sales figures for GTA IV, Total sales were about 22 Mil, 18.5 Mil of that were on consoles - the rest on PC.
If you were in business, who would you look after first?

And as said above, Console gamers will probably buy it on PC after they have finished it to mod it.
I know I will.

Yes, exactly. And I'm not really mad. I would do the same thing if I would run Rockstar. We will get PC release after consoles (in that way Rockstar will boost PC sales).

And this happened not only with GTA IV, but with all GTAs.

PS. Wondering if there would be any "Special Edition" or something like that for PC players. I've got GTA IV for Christmas almost 4 years ago and I am still playing it. I guess I'll play GTA V for 5-7 years then biggrin.gif

Blu Exile
  • Blu Exile

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

You can get a used xbox 360 / PS3 for $100-$150 all day on craigslist / ebay. In this day and age with the dollar this weak, that is nothing at all. A 12 year old can cut lawns for a day and earn that easily. With all the extra time we spend on these forums, you don't have time to work an extra day to play GTA 5? I find that hard to believe. Or just sell some extra things you own that you never use, make sacrifices.

The cost of a console shouldn't be an excuse.

I'm betting we get the PC version about a year from now / 6 months after the console release. You either wait it out, or buy a console to hold you off until the PC release. Then sell the console/game once GTA 5 gets released on PC. You'll be out a few bucks, but big deal.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Well I have accepted this now. Just going to do what I did with IV...buy it on a console and then PC. So R* gets my money twice. Smart but I am a whore for GTA.

Going to try and pick up my old PS3 today. If not, going to have to save up for a new 360 or PS3. Hate being at uni with all my consoles and sh*t at home.

Come hell or high water, I will play GTA V on release day.

I just thought that...maybe this time...things will be different... lol.gif

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Fantastic no Pc Version Dammit!!!

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:18 PM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 30 October 2012 - 09:20 PM.

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:11)
I just thought that...maybe this time...things will be different... lol.gif

...but you know how it is.

Btw, thread title = bad; I thought R* sent a "letter of apology" or they posted something new. Meh.

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

A Pc version announcement yeah right

noid449
  • noid449

Englishman in The United States

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

i think the best us (pc gamers) can hope for is a release after consoles and i guess be happy with that.
hopefully it wont be a (bad) port, just a marketing choice to make more money off of dual sales.

RussianFreak
  • RussianFreak

Russian Patriot, PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Copy-paste from another identical thread:

See, we all knew that PC would come way after the console release, but the way they say it, it's as if they are having doubts about releasing it on PC altogether. I mean, hell, could they at least have said "PC version is coming out significantly after consoles since they are our first priority"? The last thing I want is no PC version to play, just like with MCLA. And the second-last thing is a crappy PC port, much like the BS they pulled on us with GTA IV. My only hope is that the last time they said "we don't have any details to share with you at this time" was a week or two before the screenshots rolled in, so here's to hoping that we'll be able to play GTA V on PCs before 2013 is out...

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

I took the social club update with 'gta5' folders as a nudge from the devs that we will see a PC version at some point. Just have to wait it out. icon14.gif

noid449
  • noid449

Englishman in The United States

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:38 PM Edited by noid449, 30 October 2012 - 11:03 PM.

lets all hold hands and pray that its a ploy for more sales and we will get the respect us and Hitler .........wait us and our fellow gamers deserve.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

I think it's better if I kill my hopes for GTA V anytime soon after the console version now. Grand Theft Auto V in November/December 2013. Great. turn.gif

FluttermaidGTA
  • FluttermaidGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Surely they wont do the same thing they did for GTA 4's release....right...r-ockstar...right?

Either way I wouldn't mind. I mean heck, they're trying to keep a business afloat, so why pander to the PC minatory?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:54)
Just wait, the official PC announcement will arrive. icon14.gif

Like in six months after the release, or so

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:40)
I think it's better if I kill my hopes for GTA V anytime soon after the console version now. Grand Theft Auto V in November/December 2013. Great. turn.gif

No consoles anywhere near you? I know it isn't quite the same but at least you can play earlier.

tomi19
  • tomi19

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

This is bad. So bad. I'm actually sad with this announcement. I'm afraid we (pc gamers) are getting the game on Early 2014 sad.gif

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

If that would be true, Then i won't play any Rockstar Game. Never again or throw it to the garbage

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (tomi19 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:43)
This is bad. So bad. I'm actually sad with this announcement. I'm afraid we (pc gamers) are getting the game on Early 2014 sad.gif

Thats insane now that i think about it...

Its not even 2013 yet and... its most likely that it will hit the pc in 2014, remember they dont have to deal with next gen pcs so they can make the game OP

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (tomi19 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:43)

I don't think it'll be that bad. Since the new consoles are most likely out by October or so I don't see an "old gen" GTA coming to PC after that but before. Or not at all tounge.gif

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Yeah I got lucky and was able to get a PS3 that my brother never uses anymore.

I'm all set for V. Hope it works out for all the other PC gamers. I feel for you guys, I really do.

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Then it's it i quit playing R* games same goes to Max Payne games. And to think i got Max Payne 2 on my birthday and enjoyd it. The same with Max Payne Max Payne 3

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I've been on the line between deciding to get a console or create a mega pc that would be required to play the v port(whenever it is released). And now with the date announcement, I'mma just go with the console honestly. Yea the graphics may not be as good as one could get on the pc and you can't add mods, but it'll still be just as fun.

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (caio3771 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:05)
QUOTE (Carluver69)
GTA V is probably going to be another f*cking useless console port that will have tons of graphical glitches, removed features, bugs, etc. just like GTA IV. Why? BECAUSE OF CONSOLES. I hope consoles burn in hell for ruining gaming.

I'd agree with this until I die, I hate consoles, they ruined and will continue runining gta's if they don't give a specific attention to PC gamers.

Are you dumb? Without consoles GTA probably wouldn't have survived and there is a good chance R* wouldn't have either.

Get your head out of your $$$ you spoiled brat.

Guess what? I most play PC games, but I'm not going to sit And make up facts that aren't facts like yourself just because I'm sad there is not announcement for PC gamers.

Being smart and loyal fan that I am I never expect a PC version of a R* simultaneous release.

Err... Wait are you that dumb?

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (GamerToons @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:55)
QUOTE (caio3771 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:05)
QUOTE (Carluver69)
GTA V is probably going to be another f*cking useless console port that will have tons of graphical glitches, removed features, bugs, etc. just like GTA IV. Why? BECAUSE OF CONSOLES. I hope consoles burn in hell for ruining gaming.

I'd agree with this until I die, I hate consoles, they ruined and will continue runining gta's if they don't give a specific attention to PC gamers.

Are you dumb? Without consoles GTA probably wouldn't have survived and there is a good chance R* wouldn't have either.

Get your head out of your $$$ you spoiled brat.

Guess what? I most play PC games, but I'm not going to sit And make up facts that aren't facts like yourself just because I'm sad there is not announcement for PC gamers.

Being smart and loyal fan that I am I never expect a PC version of a R* simultaneous release.

Err... Wait are you that dumb?

I love people like you! biggrin.gif inlove.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users