PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:39 PM Edited by Xerukal, 30 September 2013 - 08:40 PM.

Guess I'll just continue on with my journal...

Day 2, Journal Entry 2 - GTA Forums, GTA V Section

September 30th 2013, One day left until October, one day left until GTA Online.

We're starting to run low on supplies. The last of the food is being given to the children and the water spread equally, as much as possible. 

The elderly die in our arms and families weep. The only thing i can do... Is stay up at night... and just... just... wonder. 

Wonder why Rockstar has forsaken us. Why they abandoned us. Our bloodline, our race. I often contemplate suicide at the thought of seeing those console peasants enjoy themselves, lying to themselves that they are having fun on those inferior, disgusting machines. 

More people have joined our depression earlier this weekend. New, optimistic souls. They know not what awaits and what treatment Rockstar has in mind for their PC fanbase. 

The only thing keeping us alive is the thought of our beloved, masterful and graceful machines... running GTA V with beautiful modifications. Trainers, graphics enhancers and many other fine crafts from the GTA modding community.

One thing is for sure, though... If help doesn't come soon...

We're doomed forever.

End of Journal Entry 2.

I will update as more events unfold.

God help us all.

• fatcowxlive, Mega., 1987_EC and 4 others like this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Well, R* should better hurry. In the UK, GTA V has already lost it's first place, and has been overtaken by FIFA 14. Don't ask me how that could happen, but it has...

http://www.computera...pot-from-gta-5/

What? Isn't it obvious? There are a lot of sports fan in Europe, that's why most of "gamers" buys consoles. Just for sports, especially FIFA.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Well, R* should better hurry. In the UK, GTA V has already lost it's first place, and has been overtaken by FIFA 14. Don't ask me how that could happen, but it has...

http://www.computera...pot-from-gta-5/

Soccer is very very popular in Europe. It's really no surprise it is doing well, Madden blows ass every year, yet Americans dive st any opportunity to get the latest installment that features the same gameplay as 10 years ago but with more computer cheesing and updated rosters.

Lemans
  • Lemans

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

If it's a bit like in Spain, there will be TONS AND TONS of people who only and exclusively have one game in their consoles: FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer.

Dielos
  • Dielos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

If it's a bit like in Spain, there will be TONS AND TONS of people who only and exclusively have one game in their consoles: FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer.

I'm from Spain, and last Fifa game I played was 08. But you're right, we are soccer crazy here...

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I dont wanna hate or anything, but i've played some gta iv today, as any other day, and then i watched some gtav vids, as any other day, and i noticed, and when i did noticed i couldn't watch gtav anymore!!

It's laggy! that 25-30 FPS is horrible! in high speed chases and other actions when you look around the player and move fast, it's choppy! then i turned gtaiv on my pc and the smoothness and sh*tload of fps in any action calmed me...

bring me my gtav pc

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

We're starting to run low on supplies. The last of the food is being given to the children and the water spread equally, as much as possible. 

The elderly die in our arms and families weep. The only thing i can do... Is stay up at night... and just... just... wonder. 

Wonder why Rockstar has forsaken us. Why they abandoned us. Our bloodline, our race. I often contemplate suicide at the thought of seeing those console peasants enjoy themselves, lying to themselves that they are having fun on those inferior, disgusting machines. 

More people have joined our depression earlier this weekend. New, optimistic souls. They know not what awaits and what treatment Rockstar has in mind for their PC fanbase. 

The only thing keeping us alive is the thought of our beloved, masterful and graceful machines... running GTA V with beautiful modifications. Trainers, graphics enhancers and many other fine crafts from the GTA modding community.

We're doomed forever.

End of Journal Entry 2.

God help us all.

haha brilliant!  :^:

• UltraGizmo64 and BlackScout like this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

We're doomed forever.

End of Journal Entry 2.

God help us all.

mind_blown3.gif

• BlackScout and tomm_y like this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 30 September 2013 - 09:27 PM.

I highly doubt Rockstar will make a PC announcement tomorrow, mostly because it just seems to early. However, if the November release is the actual game plan, then I fully expect an announcement in the week after the launch of GTAO. 

tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Xerukal, that is awesome!

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Thanks. 

I'll be doing an entry for each day until the PC announcement comes. 

Then I'll compile it all in a sorted journal, print it out and sell it as; "The Journal of the Forgotten PC Master Race". 

It'll make millions. And eventually, I will buy out Rockstar and make them make PC exclusives forever.  

The ultimate master plan.

• Mega., UltraGizmo64, 1987_EC and 1 other like this

Eggtooth
  • Eggtooth

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well if Rockstar would not release it this year, then I think we should not buy it next year and tell them why.

lucame
  • lucame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

its gonna be fun once its out on pc, and contards will see how subhuman their version is

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

I think its pretty settled now, if we dont hear an announcement this month, then the game wont be released this year.

• PlasmaFLOW likes this

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:38 PM Edited by Acek, 30 September 2013 - 10:39 PM.

Like i said: expected announcement: October 1st-10th maybe up to 17th (! month after console launch) is a possible November/December release.. anything after that goes to next year with January and February being the worst times to release anything leaving us March/April and by then it better have some awesome PC exclusive features..

With 37 minutes into October 1st i say good night and see you when i wake up for another hopeful day!

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Like i said: expected announcement: October 1st-10th maybe up to 17th (! month after console launch) is a possible November/December release.. anything after that goes to next year with January and February being the worst times to release anything leaving us March/April and by then it better have some awesome PC exclusive features..

With 37 minutes into October 1st i say good night and see you when i wake up for another hopeful day!

No announcement tomorrow is my prediction. Perhaps on or before the 10th, and if not, then before this month is over. 

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

let it be before October 10

• Mega. likes this

qwert2812
  • qwert2812

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

it seems pretty obvious to me if R* were to announce a PC version, it will be no sooner than at least 2 months after the game is released

the console version is still selling and a PC version will hurt it at this point

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

it seems pretty obvious to me if R* were to announce a PC version, it will be no sooner than at least 2 months after the game is released

the console version is still selling and a PC version will hurt it at this point

Uh, didn't someone link an article where someone at Rockstar clearly stated that console sales are starting to drop? 

Could have sworn I saw  a link like that.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 30 September 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Not really. The console version sales have greatly decreased since the first three days after the games launch. They plateaued at an incredible 1 billion in sales, but it dropped off massively after that. 1 billion is far more than they ever anticipated. The milking won't last much longer, PC version wouldn't make a dent into their profit at this point. It makes zero sense to delay the PC version for any much longer past two months after the console release. 

November is going to be a huge month for gaming, as it will bring in a plethora of new games as well the entering of the Holiday season. I can't see Rockstar not capitalizing on that by releasing the PC version around the same time. 

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by DymeDef, 30 September 2013 - 11:25 PM.

Thanks. 

I'll be doing an entry for each day until the PC announcement comes. 

Then I'll compile it all in a sorted journal, print it out and sell it as; "The Journal of the Forgotten PC Master Race". 

It'll make millions. And eventually, I will buy out Rockstar and make them make PC exclusives forever.  

The ultimate master plan.
An ultimate master plan, created by a member of the ultimate master race

SeewhatIdidthere?

If the game isn't coming out this year I'm going to wait till next Christmas and get it for basically dirt cheap.

f*ck it, they want to delay hella long, then they can wait for money. By November we will all forget about V and move on to other games. I know almost everyone that I know who is a PC Gamer will wait until it's on sale if it doesn't come out this year. It's not like we won't have games to fill our time after November.

Huge missed opportunity if they don't release it this year.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

Uh, didn't someone link an article where someone at Rockstar clearly stated that console sales are starting to drop? 

Could have sworn I saw  a link like that.

Yes. this is very much factual. I'll try finding the link for it. Console sales dropped by a massive amount after the first 3 days. They're still selling copies, obviously, but at a dramatically slower pace. 

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

this came up on my facebook. - https://www.facebook.com/nzxtcorp

saying this :

The folks over at GTA5TV are saying Rockstar Games has set the release of GTAV's PC edition to November 22.

Hopefully that is true and there aren't any major delays!

http://www.gta5tv.co...c-release-date/

Hoping it's true. :) :) :)

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 30 September 2013 - 11:28 PM.

lolzol10.png

http://metro.co.uk/2...own-24-4128045/

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by Xerukal, 30 September 2013 - 11:31 PM.

this came up on my facebook. - https://www.facebook.com/nzxtcorp

saying this :

The folks over at GTA5TV are saying Rockstar Games has set the release of GTAV's PC edition to November 22.

Hopefully that is true and there aren't any major delays!

http://www.gta5tv.co...c-release-date/

Hoping it's true. :) :) :)

Even if it isn't, it's making noise.

Noise is very good and it will hopefully get Rockstar to respond. 

We need that PC petition to hit 1 mil so we can rub it in Rockstar's face faster. It might just provoke a reaction. Even if Rockstar was never one for giving a single f*ck about petitions and such.

Edit: Searched "GTA 5 PC" and found a metric f*ckton of articles regarding the November 22nd release. Let's hope Rockstar sees them too.

qwert2812
  • qwert2812

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

lolzol10.png

http://metro.co.uk/2...own-24-4128045/

haha, if u keep reading, it also stated that if it was the first week it's still pretty high (which means it still make a lots of money, just not as humongous as the real first week)

when you are making billions, millions seem not as much but it's still money, lots of money if you ask me...

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 30 September 2013 - 11:43 PM.

haha, if u keep reading, it also stated that if it was the first week it's still pretty high (which means it still make a lots of money, just not as humongous as the real first week)

when you are making billions, millions seem not as much but it's still money, lots of money if you ask me...

1 billion in just the first 3 days is far more than they ever anticipated or could have dreamed of. The milking won't last much longer.  The real laughable thing here is in believing the PC version would stall any of their potential earnings at this point. The PC version wouldn't even remotely make a dent in their profit, but it would very much so add to it.

It makes zero sense to delay the PC version for any much longer past two months after the console release. 

November is going to be a huge month for gaming, as it will bring in a plethora of new games as well the entering of the Holiday season. I can't see Rockstar not capitalizing on that by releasing the PC version around the same time. 

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Second, almost every retailer now is using the "Spring 2014" as expected release date,

No, they're not. The majority of them haven't even listed GTA V for PC yet, let alone a release date. Only a handful of e-retailers/stores have even bothered to give release date information. The majority haven't. 

As far as I'm aware, only that German site has listed "Spring 2014", as opposed to the only other two who have given dates, Gameseek & Zavi,  for November 22 - December 6.

Amazon U.S. doesn't even have a PC pre order available yet, and the U.K and French Amazon have it up for pre order but have not listed any release date information.

Not all retailers have inside knowledge, most probably don't. But at least one ALWAYS does, as was the case with GTA IV, and now we have TWO who are listing a late November/early December release date, and we have that along with a bunch of other strong indicators that point to the same time-frame. 

I'm pretty sure the German site is more than likely relying on the tradition that "all GTA's have released 7 -8 months after console". They probably aren't any more knowledgeable of release information than the average person is.   

Anyways, we shouldn't fret about anything. This week has just barely begun. It's not even October yet, and GTAO hasn't launched either. I don't think we'll be getting a PC announcement tomorrow, but there's a possibility. 

We have all of October for a possible announcement. If October comes and goes without one, then maybe something happened and we won't be getting it in November after all. Until then, lets be vigilant and just wait. 

When i said almost all retailers I meant those who have the game for pre-order. In the links I posted yesterday about how it was with GTA IV, the Swiss retailer that leaked the first accurate date as November and then was delayed to December also have GTA V in their website now for pre-order and they also have March 2014, and if you make a quick search on Google for V PC pre-orders you'll get a few websites with expected release date to 2014, most to March.

In terms of logic and taking into account the game is being in development for long time as it's near finishing, November/ December would be the most logical time frame, specially after their wish to close the gap between PC and consoles, but we'll see, I say this new time frame is an attempt to control the early leaks from Steam Keys and some retailers, but could also mean a delay from the original planned date, either that or Rockstar is scared of the incoming competition.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

R* should stop making GTA for low-level pile of sh*t consoles as they are holding back the true PC power.

And of course, the next-gen consoles but f*ck the controller!

What is so fun playing at 20FPS on a cunsol? R* really have to get their ass in gear and start getting serious!

Today it's October 1 and the next-gen cunsols are right at the corner but f*ck it, PC has been around for over like, always?

Mouse and keyboard, FTW!!!!

qwert2812
  • qwert2812

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

1 billion in just the first 3 days is far more than they ever anticipated or could have dreamed of. The milking won't last much longer.  The real laughable thing here is in believing the PC version would stall any of their potential earnings at this point. The PC version wouldn't even remotely make a dent in their profit, but it would very much so add to it.

It makes zero sense to delay the PC version for any much longer past two months after the console release. 

U really can't see anything wrong with that logic, if there is a choice between PC and console, the console people will only buy console version, the PC people will definitely buy PC one, but if there is only console available, PC guys will consider buy a console version because of the hype

There will always be milk to squeze, the potential of milking will always be higher this way

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users