PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by KawakSallas, 30 September 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Well, with all the evidences pointing to a release by the end of this year, I'd expect an official announcement until october 10.

But, if this announcement won't come... I'm afraid that we are getting GTA V only in 2014.

CJ_Vercetti
  • CJ_Vercetti

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I am planning to buy a new laptop, I am going with the new Acer Aspire V5, with i5 4200U and GT750 M graphics card. That's the most I can afford. Anyway, I am positive it will run GTAV at least on medium details, 720p, although the laptop is 1080p, but at least I'll try GTA 4 with icenhancer :)

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hopefully, the god awful AA on my ps3 version has forced me to stop playing due to the headaches, the edges of anything 5 feet away are jaggered and flicker like mad.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Well, with all the evidences pointing to a release by the end of this year, I'd expect an official announcement until october 10.

But, if this announcement won't come... I'm afraid that we are getting GTA V only in 2014.

Not necessarily. October 1st - 10 are speculated dates, they are the most likely days for a November release. However, all of October has potential for an announcement. If they are aiming for an December release (which is possible) then we may not get  an announcement until late October or early November. Now if November comes and still no announcement, then yeah, I don't think it's likely we'll be seeing it this year. 

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

I am planning to buy a new laptop, I am going with the new Acer Aspire V5, with i5 4200U and GT750 M graphics card. That's the most I can afford. Anyway, I am positive it will run GTAV at least on medium details, 720p, although the laptop is 1080p, but at least I'll try GTA 4 with icenhancer :)

im running this on Acer laptop with i5 2nd gen and gt520m with good framerate xD
http://imgur.com/voUY2fh

SickboyGNi
  • SickboyGNi

I.T Security

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

I ran GTA IV from a gaming lappy, nothing like that feeling of being able to take GTA with you when you pop around to a mates. And I'm expecting the same one to run GTAV with a little overclocking. It's hard to say as we don't know, but you're most likely going to low/med with an i5 and GT. You'd be on med in GTA IV but that's with shadows low and night shadows off.

I ran it on a Samsung Series Seven Gamer: i7-3630QM core 16GB Ram, a Geforce GTX675m GDDR5 and Full HD with DOLBY. It's a beautiful gaming lappy and I'd get it all over again (currently at a good price too)

NYPD.ESU.55
  • NYPD.ESU.55

CPR

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

When I was on FranSnk" Twitter account I saw this.

Con los billetes comprados y el hotel reservado... Destino: Budapest, Viena y Bratislava con @Fran_Snk #seraporcastillos Quien se apunta???

Which in engilsh read...

With tickets purchased and hotel booked ... Destination: Budapest, Vienna and Bratislava with @ Fran_Snk # seraporcastillos Who's in???

So, someone should know him. I guess it was pretty useful for what it's worth.

I still think he has another Youtube account.

Actually, I live in Budapest. Maybe im gonna track him down and ask him some questions. :D

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Not necessarily. October 1st - 10 are speculated dates, they are the most likely days for a November release. However, all of October has potential for an announcement. If they are aiming for an December release (which is possible) then we may not get  an announcement until late October or early November. Now if November comes and still no announcement, then yeah, I don't think it's likely we'll be seeing it this year. 

But if R* does not release GTA V for PC in November, then I wouldn't expect it for December.

CoD: Ghosts, Whatch_Dogs and AC4 are coming in November, being WD and AC4 released at the end of that month and the three of them for PC. Like them or not, but they are 3 big and very anticipated tittles, R* knows it, and even if many fanboys think GTAV could take over those 3 games sales, R* is risking money, so they could perfectly decide to wait at least 2 or 3 months FROM November.

This might look very pessimistic, but from my point of views is also realistic. Let's wait until 10th October to see if I'm proven wrong (I hope so).

occono
  • occono

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

I have a gaming laptop on campus. That's why I'm so sad it didn't come out on PC at launch, I do have consoles but they're at home. :(

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

I ran GTA IV from a gaming lappy, nothing like that feeling of being able to take GTA with you when you pop around to a mates. And I'm expecting the same one to run GTAV with a little overclocking. It's hard to say as we don't know, but you're most likely going to low/med with an i5 and GT. You'd be on med in GTA IV but that's with shadows low and night shadows off.

I ran it on a Samsung Series Seven Gamer: i7-3630QM core 16GB Ram, a Geforce GTX675m GDDR5 and Full HD with DOLBY. It's a beautiful gaming lappy and I'd get it all over again (currently at a good price too)

You are kidding with running the game on low-med on that laptop? I have a Dell, cost me about 600 euros, has a i3 at 2.4ghz, 4gb ram and a 7690 or 7670 card and can run both EFLC and GTA4 on high settings and its completely smooth.

JWitfield
  • JWitfield

Killer of Idiots with Trainers

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Speaking of Nov. 19th, though. Doesn't Watch_Dogs also release on that date? Or at least, rather close to it?

Yes, Watch_Dogs: Nov. 19th — US release date. Nov. 22 — Europe and Australia.

I think they are the next gen launch titles..

http://www.gamestop....tch-dogs/108090

11/19/13

Ya I am about over waiting for GTA V, i will get something else new and exciting... same crap half ass promised and also some companies actually like the PC community at large...

Maybe I will buy GTA V in a yr or something as of now screw it...

CJ_Vercetti
  • CJ_Vercetti

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well, I am playing GTA IV on my current laptop which is i5 2410 and Radeon HD 6470M, and it goes 720p with low settings around 25-30fps, and I can even play online, but AC3 I couldn't play on it, Metro Last Light, I couldn't play, so I now the time has come for upgrade, and since there is no announcement yet (for GTA:SA and IV, I buillt desktop rigs), I am going for the best laptop I can get, and this Acer is only 2kg so it's very light, which suits me as I carry it a lot around when I travel. GT750M has greater score than HD6770 with 1GB I had in my desktop, so I am sure it is potent to run it even on high when playing 720p. I am pleased with 25-30fps. :)

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 30 September 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Hopefully, the god awful AA on my ps3 version has forced me to stop playing due to the headaches, the edges of anything 5 feet away are jaggered and flicker like mad.

Yeah, the aliasing makes the console version look god awful, especially if you play on a big sceen 60'' +. I literally had to turn off the game yesterday because I couldn't stand the jaggies. They make the game look like ass.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 30 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

This f*cking wait and uncertainty is destroying me. I just want to give you more money, but instead you leave me and others in the dark.

F U COCK* !!

• Big Danny K and SilverRST like this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

We are crying for the moon :(

sasuke256
  • sasuke256

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

ULV processor ? bad bad bad idea for a GTA (IV/V) ! especially IV..

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have HP Probook 4540s with i5 processor (2.6 ghz each core)

CJ_Vercetti
  • CJ_Vercetti

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

ULV processor ? bad bad bad idea for a GTA (IV/V) ! especially IV..

Well, it runs at 2,6GHz when it's on turbo (plugged in), and they measured performance over non ULV, it is felt with low graphics, where the CPU is bottleneck, but when you crank the details, the processor difference is not visible anymore.

Here's a quote from the article "Games with high processor demands show a bigger limitation. F1 2012 is such a title and quickly results in low frame rates on notebooks with a mainstream GPU and an ULV processor. This is especially evident with the low quality setting, where the Acer Aspire V5-573 with such a GPU/CPU combination only manages comparatively low 96 fps. The Asus N750JV-T4110H has the same GPU but a much better processor; the result is a performance advantage of 67% with around 160 frames per second. However, this difference becomes negligible when we increase the graphics quality. The result is 74 fps for the Aspire V5-573 while the Asus N750JV-T4110H only manages three frames per second more, which translates to an advantage of 4%. Ultra settings only show a difference of 1 fps between the Acer Aspire V5-573 and the Asus N750JV-T4110H."

And this is the review of the laptop http://www.notebookc...ok.99264.0.html

Kanja
  • Kanja

A Muslim Warrior

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

I found this on wikipedia. look

OFEpdbk.jpg

tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Kanja, well, man, everyone can edit Wikipedia.
  • GTA-Fanboy, Big Danny K and dephyre like this

Mega
  • Mega

Smartass/Joker (Freelancer)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by MegaMario1500, 30 September 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Decided to check the page and seems like admins removed ''Windows'' but they left the November release date there...

It uses as source this http://www.christian...on.39/34163.htm

which is mainly rumours of that UK website that has been selling V PC.

alex9110
  • alex9110

Waiting...

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:03 PM Edited by alex9110, 30 September 2013 - 08:04 PM.

let me quote the Spanish Wikipedia:

Microsoft Windows

WW 26 de Abril de 2014

El 17 de septiembre de 2013 el juego fue lanzado por Rockstar Games. Y solo 10 diaz después Adam Fowler el Director de GTA V confirmo en una entrevista que la Adaptación del juego para PC ya estaba en progreso y estaria a la venta a partir del 26 de Abril del 2014.

Translation:
"Was released on 17 September 2013 by Rockstar Games. And only 10 days later Adam Fowler, Director of GTA V Confirmed in an interview that the "adaptation" of the game to PC is in progress and will be on sale on 26 April 2014."

--------------------------------

I dont know about you guys, but thats sounds like bullsh*t to me.

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

In this case, Wikipedia or any wiki page is as reliable as anything I could say about it. I don't know why people take it as a proof.

NYPD.ESU.55
  • NYPD.ESU.55

CPR

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

I dont think he took it as a proof, just shared it with us.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

no one cares about wikipedia

robp77
  • robp77

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Personally, I can't stand playing games on consoles or using controller, so I understand you. That's one of the reasons, why I don't want to buy a console because of GTA V.

But it can't be so bad.

It's not. He's grossly exaggerating. It's not bad at all, it's quite good, actually. And this game, as well as the previous GTA's were designed specifically for gamepads, not keyboard or mouse. So to say it's bad on consoles is ridiculous, it was designed with consoles peripherals in mind. 

Edit: I misinterpreted what he said. MP3, not GTA.  I played MP3 with a DS3 via motioninjoy, controlled perfectly. 

I am not exaggerating I loathe this f*cking game. It's just like 4. An overrated Piece of sh*t. The controls are worse than SA and VC. The camera controls like ass. Crosshiar is f*cking invisible making shooting hard as f*ck. I plugged in my 10 year old PS2 and the controls are f*cking flawless, even playing GTA 3. Max Payne sucked balls with the KBM. Aiming was a clusterf*ck. 

I regret purchasing this game and a console to go with it. I despise the thumbsticks. Holy f*cking sh*t how can you people even play FPS games on a gamepad? 

I played today with my friend, and omfg, aiming with the sticks is a sh*t D:, i luv mouse...

It would've been less awful if they copied the San Andreas PS2 controls. Seriously if anyone here has a PS2 and a copy of San Andreas plug it it and see how different the controls are. Night and f*cking Day. I mean sh*t Rockstar how can you f*ck up so bad? Call of Duty for PC uses the Controls from Call of Duty 2 and they f*cking work!

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

We are THAT desperate to search on wikipedia for clues? Really?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:34 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 30 September 2013 - 08:36 PM.

no one cares about wikipedia

You are an idiot.

A lot of people cares about wikipedia, it is free and anyone can add content, but admins check it or other people can fix it. That is one of the best free wikipedias out there.
And if you didn't notice there are sources below page, if you don't check them then obvious you will say things like that.

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

stop with wiki bullsh*t, i'm not saying wiki is legit but anyone can edit wikipedia - true, but it's checked by admins and not published until then.

Dielos
  • Dielos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Well, R* should better hurry. In the UK, GTA V has already lost it's first place, and has been overtaken by FIFA 14. Don't ask me how that could happen, but it has...

http://www.computera...pot-from-gta-5/

• StefaTurbo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users