20,084 replies to this topic
PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

https://www.wow-onli...el.de/de/gtavpc

Their estimated release date is March 2014, and they have a "uncut" version o:

uncut version? Can u translate the page for us please. :)

It's a german site. Germany has a lot of cut content on games, like sometimes depicting blood black or making it completely absent. Quite absurd in my opinion, but it's their laws. I guess with uncut they mean something along those lines. Sometimes they even cut parts of the story out.

ah that explains it, ty.

BakedBagel
  • BakedBagel

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by BakedBagel, 30 September 2013 - 11:11 AM.

Just leaving this here, for all you console fanboys :)

XF7hIdk.gif

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hello all...

I have to say I'm really hyped for this game. I'm one of those waiting for a PC version. One thing I love about R*, is that they manage to create great open breathing worlds, in which it's really fun to roam around or break havok. Yeah, the stories aren't usually that bad, but I love to RP at my pace and usually play the story once or twice and then just enjoy the world at my pleasure. It's one of the reasons why I still play SA today.

Here comes my worry... As I understand, the core of the game is going to be online. That's all great and dandy, but I'm just not an online player. I enjoy too much playing on my own, and I don't need other players whacking me just for the fun of it and destroying my experience. Also, I like to taylor my game to my needs, and make heavy use of mods, which definitely (and understandably) won't be possible online. Also, I don't want to depend on external servers, nor do I want any of my gameplay or data being send to whomever.

The online part of GTA V seems to be the game that I really want, just without the online. I really wish R* would add for the PC an option like freeroam, separate from the main stroy line (maybe available once story finished), with most of the plausible features from online, like safehouses, character selection and customization, for offline play. I am quite sure though that this won't happen, and that I will be left with an expensively paid demo of the game I wish.

Don't understand me wrong, I'm going to enjoy the story line as is whatsoever, and the money will be worth it nevertheless. It's just that from this will probably depend if I will be playing this game for years to come, or only for a couple of months.

So, do you think that modders could be able to add many of the online features for offline? Would it be possible? I know we don't know yet enough as to answer this, but I sure do hope it's possible!

Regards!

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure modders will bring GTA:O features to GTA V down the line. As for character customization, I'm pretty sure all you'll need is a trainer for that.

RadioActiveLobster
  • RadioActiveLobster

Lover of Redheaded/Ginger Women

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by FFxSTALKERx, 30 September 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Twitter's a great place to earn attention.

Another one of those dumbf*cks.

If I recall correctly Wario works for GameTrailers.com. I'm not saying he isnt trolling but it could be conceivable they've got a trailer from Rockstar to put up on their site once Rockstar gives the OK/Announcement.

Edit: Proper spelling FTW!

• lh1 likes this

t9x69
  • t9x69

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

If I recall correctly Wario works for GameTrailers.com. I'm not saying he isnt trolling but it could be conceivable they've got a trailer from Rockstar to put up on their site once Rockstar gives the OK/Announcement.

He does. I played with him quite a bit in Rise of The Triad before release. He's a funny guy. I'm 99.9% sure he's yanking everyone's chain. 

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. This week is going to get more interesting :D 

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:35 PM Edited by Bret_HartvsSting, 30 September 2013 - 12:38 PM.

This is painful is what it is. 

By the way, I'm getting one of those new Radeon R9 290X to play AC IV, Watch Dogs and GTA V (hopefully).  Anyone else getting the new series?

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by PandaTa, 30 September 2013 - 12:39 PM.

This is painful is what it is. 

This week and the start of next week, untill the japan release. Will be the time the PC version will be announced, if not... im getting watchdogs. xD

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by ViciousLuke, 30 September 2013 - 12:41 PM.

The good thing - it's now monday. We can expect anything now and that GTA Online launch... Gonna be an awesome week.

And I don't think that Wario could be trolling and assuming that Rockstar are already giving trailers for another gaming sites - this could be near. 

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Wario is a well respected member of Neogaf and as others have said is now employed at Gametrailers.  I wouldn't read much into the tweet though.  He is just basically making a joke about the GTA 5 TV advert and how it does not "realistically" portray the frame rate of the console version.

AirWolf856
  • AirWolf856

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

And the first mod of the PC version of GTA V will be:  realistic steak!  :panic:

• 1987_EC likes this

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

So to sum it up, that guy was only joking and there's nothing pointing out PC version right ? 

Any other news today by the way ? Do you think they will say something tommorow at NYC ? I will be sleeping tough cause it will start at like 2 a.m / 3 a.m in my timezone .. 

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

So to sum it up, that guy was only joking and there's nothing pointing out PC version right ? 

Any other news today by the way ? Do you think they will say something tommorow at NYC ? I will be sleeping tough cause it will start at like 2 a.m / 3 a.m in my timezone .. 

I would be prepared for disappoinment lol I highly doubt there will be anything regarding to PC version when it's GTA Online's big day.

BTW, yesterday, when I played GTAV on PS3 for a couple of hours I noticed stuff they better fix in the PC version, whenever it comes out.

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

BTW, yesterday, when I played GTAV on PS3 for a couple of hours I noticed stuff they better fix in the PC version, whenever it comes out.

Well thank you for that utterly useless piece of information.

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well thank you for that utterly useless piece of information.

Says the guy who just changed the future of the topic with his utterly useful contribution. Keep it up, bro :cookie:

james14
  • james14

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Sorry, I don't follow.........who the hell is FransK and what are you talking about exactly? 

FranSnk3D is the guy. He mad supposed leak videos of GTA V.

Such as this:

Please tell me you've seen this video. :/

It is quite old.

yes ive seen it and its rly old and fake. not gta 5 the guy who make it has a lot of videos concerning graphic creations on his youtube channel

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Sorry, I don't follow.........who the hell is FransK and what are you talking about exactly? 

FranSnk3D is the guy. He mad supposed leak videos of GTA V.

Such as this:

Please tell me you've seen this video. :/

It is quite old.

yes ive seen it and its rly old and fake. not gta 5 the guy who make it has a lot of videos concerning graphic creations on his youtube channel

I really want to know what game that was, it certainly look more advanced than gta v, well at least the lighting.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hum I'm starting to have a bad feeling now.

First of, by what we know so far about the expectations of people and what was actually delivered with GTAV on consoles, would it make much sense for Rckstar to announce the PC version before the Japan release? I mean would the Japanese with a PC and a console still buy the console version first instead of waiting for the PC version?

Second, almost every retailer now is using the "Spring 2014" as expected release date, I'm starting to think that after all the leaks and mistakes from SONY and NVIDIA or the need of extra tweaking and with the online issues expected for GTAO, maybe decided to delay it internally... again.

I still believe and think it makes more sense to release it before the end of the year and unless Rockstar is afraid of UBISOFT titles they should, but all these retailers ... starts to look very suspicious. I said before it could be dmaga control but, knowing Rockstar they are very easy to get things delayed.

______________-

As for that video, it is very well done. But doesn't make much sense that a Beta tester wuld show the game in DX9 and not DX11. Although there was some shuttering when he left the house with Franklin and was raining and that is very typical of PC's. :monocle:

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 30 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Second, almost every retailer now is using the "Spring 2014" as expected release date,

No, they're not. The majority of them haven't even listed GTA V for PC yet, let alone a release date. Only a handful of e-retailers/stores have even bothered to give release date information. The majority haven't. 

As far as I'm aware, only that German site has listed "Spring 2014", as opposed to the only other two who have given dates, Gameseek & Zavi,  for November 22 - December 6.

Amazon U.S. doesn't even have a PC pre order available yet, and the U.K and French Amazon have it up for pre order but have not listed any release date information.

Not all retailers have inside knowledge, most probably don't. But at least one ALWAYS does, as was the case with GTA IV, and now we have TWO who are listing a late November/early December release date, and we have that along with a bunch of other strong indicators that point to the same time-frame. 

I'm pretty sure the German site is more than likely relying on the tradition that "all GTA's have released 7 -8 months after console". They probably aren't any more knowledgeable of release information than the average person is.   

Anyways, we shouldn't fret about anything. This week has just barely begun. It's not even October yet, and GTAO hasn't launched either. I don't think we'll be getting a PC announcement tomorrow, but there's a possibility. 

We have all of October for a possible announcement. If October comes and goes without one, then maybe something happened and we won't be getting it in November after all. Until then, lets be vigilant and just wait. 

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

kMfS81c.png

• PlasmaFLOW likes this

tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

http://www.tiny.cc/23cAgnM Posted this again for those who have not seen it

Wow that's some really usefull info for this topic!

In other news, Ubisoft announced AC4 release date for PC: Nov. 19.

Meanwhile, Rockstar still sh*ts on their PC gaming community.

• SilverRST likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by Xerukal, 30 September 2013 - 04:26 PM.

http://www.tiny.cc/23cAgnM Posted this again for those who have not seen it

Wow that's some really usefull info for this topic!

In other news, Ubisoft announced AC4 release date for PC: Nov. 19.

Meanwhile, Rockstar still sh*ts on their PC gaming community.

That's awesome. Thanks for the info. 

Good on you, Ubi. This announcement cheered me up, oddly enough. The inner AC fan in me that has been asleep since AC3 has suddenly woken up. Time to catch up with those gameplay videos.

Speaking of Nov. 19th, though. Doesn't Watch_Dogs also release on that date? Or at least, rather close to it?

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by Albert Kike, 30 September 2013 - 04:27 PM.

Amazon France has been taking  GTA V for Windows pre-orders for months now, the first listing was from  January of 2013. They have changed the availability status to "Bientot Disponible", which means available soon.

connec10.jpg

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think if Rockstar doesn't say anything this week I'll buy any other game just to make Rockstar SUFFER. LOL

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Amazon France has been taking  GTA V for Windows pre-orders for months now, the first listing was from  January of 2013. They have changed the availability status to "Bientot Disponible", which means available soon.

connec10.jpg

Image doesn't seem to work. 

Platinum2
  • Platinum2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

connec10.jpg

Image doesn't seem to work. 

http://www.amazon.fr...V/dp/B006ISA6VQ

tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Speaking of Nov. 19th, though. Doesn't Watch_Dogs also release on that date? Or at least, rather close to it?

Yes, Watch_Dogs: Nov. 19th — US release date. Nov. 22 — Europe and Australia.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Seriously it's Rockstars loss if they keep this silence up., they like to give the finger.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yes, Watch_Dogs: Nov. 19th — US release date. Nov. 22 — Europe and Australia.

I think they are the next gen launch titles..

alex9110
  • alex9110

Waiting...

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

I really want to know what game that was, it certainly look more advanced than gta v, well at least the lighting.

Thats not a game, is just a 3D Rendered Video.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users