PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

I dont know about you guys but the wait for a pc announcement seems to get less anxious for me each day. When V came out I was checking this thread and other sources several times a day but I've slowly cut back due to being busy with other things and also losing a little interest in it all. If it helps, try focusing on other things and the wait for an announcement won't seem as difficult. However I do hope that we get some official confirmation from R* in October.

Yeah I´m going through the same thing. The last few weeks I´ve been checking the forum like crazy, and before that I was scrutinizing every released screenshot and video. Now I just kinda feel...meh. They waited too long, and too much of the game has already been revealed for me to even feel a fraction of the excitement I did before. I´ll buy the game day 1, not question about that, but a lot of the excitement is gone.

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

While it looks to be a very convincing fake, one thing really came off as suspicious to me. The game is supposedly a build from 9-26-2013, but the exe he keeps running was last modified on 9-29-2013. That right there should be the biggest alarm to people.

And I hate to say it, but Rockstar doesn't even use Steam to do this kind of stuff. They have their own internal servers for that. And there's a major detail that gets left out in the role of QA - you have to actually compile the build yourself. In reality, the QA game setup looks a lot like messy source code. You honestly think the programmers have time to compile new builds for everyone to use every single time? That's the job of the QA tester to do. They grab the latest revision, compile the code, and test. At the discretion of the programmers, new revisions will be pushed out, only for the process to start over again.

This video is very well-made and nearly fooled me. But it's safe to say that it fails many aspects of a true "beta build". It's 100% fake.

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I guarantee you there will be a PC version. 

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

@HalfDead1247 : Phew, now I can sleep well.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by Xerukal, 30 September 2013 - 04:24 AM.

While it looks to be a very convincing fake, one thing really came off as suspicious to me. The game is supposedly a build from 9-26-2013, but the exe he keeps running was last modified on 9-29-2013. That right there should be the biggest alarm to people.

And I hate to say it, but Rockstar doesn't even use Steam to do this kind of stuff. They have their own internal servers for that. And there's a major detail that gets left out in the role of QA - you have to actually compile the build yourself. In reality, the QA game setup looks a lot like messy source code. You honestly think the programmers have time to compile new builds for everyone to use every single time? That's the job of the QA tester to do. They grab the latest revision, compile the code, and test. At the discretion of the programmers, new revisions will be pushed out, only for the process to start over again.

This video is very well-made and nearly fooled me. But it's safe to say that it fails many aspects of a true "beta build". It's 100% fake.

But... but those button prompts... they look so real and convincing :( .

Damn it :(

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

But... but those button prompts... they look so real and convincing :( .

Damn it :(

Wishful thinking is all I can say. Hope they give us the tiniest of deets once Online is available.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by lh1, 30 September 2013 - 04:29 AM.

so i found this on reddit 

http://www.reddit.co...this_week_with/

looks like the Tuesday event was GTA Online not PC unless there is something going on this Tuesday as well..  

Well apparently that plane is just for five webmasters including the one from thegtaplace.com
http://www.thegtapla...-fansite-event/

It says two of them are first-timer, meaning they're probably from new GTA fansite. 

At 8:30 PM we all met at DGBG for dinner. This is when I realised just how many more people Rockstar had invited this time round. I saw many new faces, a number of which I recognised from their online persona's, but never got the chance to properly introduce myself or even speak to (sorry guys!), largely due to the fact we occupied three huge tables. DGBG was a nice place but it was completely packed out and the music was playing at club volume, meaning we had to shout at each other the whole night just to converse. Also, I was still on UK time, meaning this 8:30 PM dinner was more like 1:30 AM, so I was pretty tired. The fact it took the waiting staff over an hour to serve us made things worse, but luckily I was sat next to my friend Nick (from RockstarResource) and we passed the time making jokes about awkward conversations that may or may not have happened.

This the interesting bits. 

So yea, the MTA devs were probably there too.

robp77
  • robp77

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Personally, I can't stand playing games on consoles or using controller, so I understand you. That's one of the reasons, why I don't want to buy a console because of GTA V.

But it can't be so bad.

It's not. He's grossly exaggerating. It's not bad at all, it's quite good, actually. And this game, as well as the previous GTA's were designed specifically for gamepads, not keyboard or mouse. So to say it's bad on consoles is ridiculous, it was designed with consoles peripherals in mind. 

Edit: I misinterpreted what he said. MP3, not GTA.  I played MP3 with a DS3 via motioninjoy, controlled perfectly. 

I am not exaggerating I loathe this f*cking game. It's just like 4. An overrated Piece of sh*t. The controls are worse than SA and VC. The camera controls like ass. Crosshiar is f*cking invisible making shooting hard as f*ck. I plugged in my 10 year old PS2 and the controls are f*cking flawless, even playing GTA 3. Max Payne sucked balls with the KBM. Aiming was a clusterf*ck. 

I regret purchasing this game and a console to go with it. I despise the thumbsticks. Holy f*cking sh*t how can you people even play FPS games on a gamepad? 

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

2015 is the "Year"

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

Personally, I can't stand playing games on consoles or using controller, so I understand you. That's one of the reasons, why I don't want to buy a console because of GTA V.

But it can't be so bad.

It's not. He's grossly exaggerating. It's not bad at all, it's quite good, actually. And this game, as well as the previous GTA's were designed specifically for gamepads, not keyboard or mouse. So to say it's bad on consoles is ridiculous, it was designed with consoles peripherals in mind. 

Edit: I misinterpreted what he said. MP3, not GTA.  I played MP3 with a DS3 via motioninjoy, controlled perfectly. 

I am not exaggerating I loathe this f*cking game. It's just like 4. An overrated Piece of sh*t. The controls are worse than SA and VC. The camera controls like ass. Crosshiar is f*cking invisible making shooting hard as f*ck. I plugged in my 10 year old PS2 and the controls are f*cking flawless, even playing GTA 3. Max Payne sucked balls with the KBM. Aiming was a clusterf*ck. 

I regret purchasing this game and a console to go with it. I despise the thumbsticks. Holy f*cking sh*t how can you people even play FPS games on a gamepad? 

I played today with my friend, and omfg, aiming with the sticks is a sh*t D:, i luv mouse...

• robp77 likes this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

MP3 was a game developed side by side since the beginning, announced on all 3 platforms at he same time as well.
If it really was(which it obviously wasn't) being developed on PC since the beginning, it would have been announced along with consoles.
It's just another GTA, only difference now is the possible time between releases.

And I think that is where your line of reasoning greatly errs. You wrongly assume that because no announcement was made along with consoles that this means no GTA V PC simultaneous development has occurred.  

Comparing the release of a game like MP3 to a highly anticipated blockbuster and world renowned, multi-million dollar generating franchise is just foolish. GTA is in a totally different league of games, of which only a handful even begin to approach in terms of popularity and accolades  Rockstar stands to gain hundreds of millions - billions in the case of GTA V - with every new entry in the series. It stands as logical from a financial prospective that Rockstar would not announce any such superior versions of a game of this caliber prior to the release of the current gen versions for very simple, but also very smart business reasons. 

Announcing and then releasing the game exclusively on current consoles first has resulted in generating an unprecedented billions in sales for them. Had Rockstar announced a PC/next-gen version along side the current consoles, it would have negatively impacted the amount of potential sales to be made as millions would just wait for the perceived superior versions instead.

From a business perspective, going the route in which R* has gone makes perfect sense.

They're are aware that millions of people want a PC/next-gen version of the game, and with the next-gen console release right around the corner, they know that many of those same people will be willing to buy the current console version as well as the PC/next-gen versions upon their release. It's called forcing your customers to 'double dip', and while it may not be totally ethical, it is a very smart business move and they put themselves in position to generate as much profit as possible in doing so. 

If it really was(which it obviously wasn't) being developed on PC since the beginning

This assertion flies completely in the face of readily observable facts one can get from the .xml log which are: 

- PC build bug reports first mentioned in June 2012. These reports indicate that a PC build was already in development at some point prior to it's admission into the change log. 

- PC build progress is mentioned daily over 200 times along-side the 360/PS3 builds after it's initial entry.

What more evidence does one need in order to reasonably conclude that the PC version was in development along side the consoles? An initial side-by-side announcement, you say? The evidence seems to suggest otherwise. 

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:21 AM Edited by HexDrone, 30 September 2013 - 05:25 AM.

pc suck

Yeah, right.

OT : Anybody tried spamming mouthoff?

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:28 AM Edited by brian., 30 September 2013 - 05:38 AM.

pc suck

You must really f*cking HATE consoles then.

You know, since PC does EVERYTHING they do + orders of magnitude more. Including plug into your TV, and let your controller be plugged in.

Any game you think looks good on a console, looks f*cking great on the PC.

Each year that passes is another breath of disparity.

Costs less to game on a PC, and you don't have to pay steam a monthly fee just to be part of the sales, or to access multiplayer.

"PC suck" because you are too illiterate to use one. And you know it.

"PC suck" because you can barely read, let alone have a critical thought about cost vs value.

Yea, aside from education and intelligence, I bet you also f*cking despise consoles.

And reading. And grammar. 

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

pc suck

You must really f*cking HATE consoles then.

You know, since PC does EVERYTHING they do + orders of magnitude more. Including plug into your TV, and let your controller be plugged in.

Any game you think looks good on a console, looks f*cking great on the PC.

Each year that passes is another breath of disparity.

Costs less to game on a PC, and you don't have to pay steam a monthly fee just to be part of the sales, or to access multiplayer.

"PC suck" because you are too illiterate to use one. And you know it.

"PC suck" because you can barely read, let alone have a critical thought about cost vs value.

Yea, aside from education and intelligence, I bet you also f*cking despise consoles.

And reading. And grammar. 

A simple statement made you rage? That guy was joking. And, the truth is known to all.

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

The f*ck is this?
https://twitter.com/...496559234093056

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

Twitter's a great place to earn attention.

Another one of those dumbf*cks.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:43 AM Edited by brian., 30 September 2013 - 05:45 AM.

A simple statement made you rage? That guy was joking. And, the truth is known to all.

I am not raging. How can I resist "pc suck"? That bait, is too sweet for me to resist. When you see someone write something like "pc suck", I mean, how can you resist?

And seriously, all of my bros, people need to start realizing, I am like a young, sexy, video game Denis Leary, man. Except I smoke more cigarettes.

Even if it's a joke, how can anyone resist the truth in the joke? If he is joking, my post is like, the explanation of the joke, if you look at it right. cheers. :D

• BlackScout likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

PC Players will keep their attention on GTAO as long as there is a possibility for PC release. If it turns down any time soon a strong backlash will hit out, sadly.

tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

looks like the Tuesday event was GTA Online not PC unless there is something going on this Tuesday as well..  

What the hell?! The guy was answering questions about the game and there was not a single question about PC version?!

ZeroZero
  • ZeroZero

l33t g33k

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

quoting from page 2 but:

"Search Grand Theft Auto into the piratebay, you will then get even more of an understanding into this decision

While youre at it, search for Xbox 360 & GTA 5.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this possibility, but what would the chances be of Rockstar only releasing GTAO for PC, instead of the entire GTAV package?

I've been saying all along that GTAV will get a PC release somewhere down the line regardless of what the community do, but i'm beginning to wonder if Rockstar are looking into other possibilities that won't be as much of a hassle as GTAIV on PC was.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Twitter's a great place to earn attention.

Another one of those dumbf*cks.

What? You think Trailer 1 is from console? ;)

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this possibility, but what would the chances be of Rockstar only releasing GTAO for PC, instead of the entire GTAV package?

I've been saying all along that GTAV will get a PC release somewhere down the line regardless of what the community do, but i'm beginning to wonder if Rockstar are looking into other possibilities that won't be as much of a hassle as GTAIV on PC was.

Don't think so. GTAO is the same as GTA5 but then online. So if they had trouble with GTA5 they would have with online.

representa
  • representa

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Ahhh wake me up when its over

BakedBagel
  • BakedBagel

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

https://www.wow-onli...el.de/de/gtavpc

Their estimated release date is March 2014, and they have a "uncut" version o:

Dielos
  • Dielos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hello all...

I have to say I'm really hyped for this game. I'm one of those waiting for a PC version. One thing I love about R*, is that they manage to create great open breathing worlds, in which it's really fun to roam around or break havok. Yeah, the stories aren't usually that bad, but I love to RP at my pace and usually play the story once or twice and then just enjoy the world at my pleasure. It's one of the reasons why I still play SA today.

Here comes my worry... As I understand, the core of the game is going to be online. That's all great and dandy, but I'm just not an online player. I enjoy too much playing on my own, and I don't need other players whacking me just for the fun of it and destroying my experience. Also, I like to taylor my game to my needs, and make heavy use of mods, which definitely (and understandably) won't be possible online. Also, I don't want to depend on external servers, nor do I want any of my gameplay or data being send to whomever.

The online part of GTA V seems to be the game that I really want, just without the online. I really wish R* would add for the PC an option like freeroam, separate from the main stroy line (maybe available once story finished), with most of the plausible features from online, like safehouses, character selection and customization, for offline play. I am quite sure though that this won't happen, and that I will be left with an expensively paid demo of the game I wish.

Don't understand me wrong, I'm going to enjoy the story line as is whatsoever, and the money will be worth it nevertheless. It's just that from this will probably depend if I will be playing this game for years to come, or only for a couple of months.

So, do you think that modders could be able to add many of the online features for offline? Would it be possible? I know we don't know yet enough as to answer this, but I sure do hope it's possible!

Regards!

• Deadly Target likes this

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

What the hell?! The guy was answering questions about the game and there was not a single question about PC version?!

I Asked but it was deleted.. dont know why...

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

uncut version? Can u translate the page for us please. :)

Dielos
  • Dielos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

It's a german site. Germany has a lot of cut content on games, like sometimes depicting blood black or making it completely absent. Quite absurd in my opinion, but it's their laws. I guess with uncut they mean something along those lines. Sometimes they even cut parts of the story out.

BakedBagel
  • BakedBagel

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Grand Theft Auto V GTA 5 PC

58.90 EUR

Free U.S. Shipping

product Description
     1 rating (s)

The original and completely new

Grand Theft Auto V GTA 5 uncut PC Game
(Packed 100% original and unused, complete German)

after payment and 100% in time for the release
by German Post / DHL be with you!

Should the game be at least 1 day after release to you,
You get the game for free.

Expected release date: 31/03/2014
(Subject to changes by Rockstar Games)

GOOGLE TRANSLATE FTW :D

BakedBagel
  • BakedBagel

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

It's a german site. Germany has a lot of cut content on games, like sometimes depicting blood black or making it completely absent. Quite absurd in my opinion, but it's their laws. I guess with uncut they mean something along those lines. Sometimes they even cut parts of the story out.

This sounds correct.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users