• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

So true...

About that wiki page, though. No idea if editing the page is restricted to certain people or not. I doubt they'd let just anyone fiddle around with the info like that, though. It's a pretty reliable site, for sure.

Just like all the other wikis specific to games and franchises.

I'm wondering the same myself. It doesn't look like they allow public editing like wikipedia does. Does anybody in here know who the owner of that site is? Or who's in charge of managing the GTA V related pages?

Would be interesting to find out. 

http://gta.wikia.com/Main_Page

Welcome to the GTA Wiki
The wiki about the Grand Theft Auto series that anyone can edit
As our purpose is to provide complete detailed information, some pages may contain spoilers

79,827 pages and 8,242 articles since July 2006.

Eh, It's probably just some guy that saw "November 22nd!" in a random search and decided to post it up. 

I'm surprised I'm not used to getting my (extremely low) hopes crushed by now.

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

FALLOUT 4 - NOV 10th, 2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Anything new?

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Anything new?

Only more disappointment. 

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Anything new?

Only more disappointment. 

At least we are on right planet.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 29 September 2013 - 07:28 AM.

All of the collective evidence indicating a late November release still stands at the moment, just nothing new right now.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Well all i have to say is in 2 days time we may or may not get either a hint or a mention if we are lucky about Pc Version ...

with all this evidence ive read in the last 2 weeks ,about that - well yeah Plausible to say the least .

I srsly hope the Pc Version comes to us with in a resonable time frame ...

I also think they have made enough money on the Consoles now .& there for  start to think about the rest of us who would Also like to - you know Play It -

2 days fellow PC Gmers/Builders ... :) :) :)

WV_DallasFan
  • WV_DallasFan

Pit Pirates

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

Most people will just pirate it anyways, why rush

Fireprufe15
  • Fireprufe15

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

That sir, is either complete and utter bullsh*t or you're being sarcastic.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:08 AM Edited by DizzeeXL, 29 September 2013 - 08:10 AM.

"Most", what are your sources? GTA IV sold a hell lot of copies compared to other PC games. Yes, many people pirated it but definitely not the most of PC gamers, also it was using GFWL which everybody hated, the port was poorly optimized, It wasn't available on Steam at launch. If they do everything properly this time, it will sell a lot more copies.

Fireprufe15
  • Fireprufe15

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

"Most", what are your sources? GTA IV sold a hell lot of copies compared to other PC games. Yes, many people pirated it but definitely not the most of PC gamers, also it was using GFWL which everybody hated, the port was poorly optimized, It wasn't available on Steam at launch. If they do everything properly this time,it will sell a lot more copies.

Basically that.  There is a few things that promises a game will be pirated to sh*t.  

1)  Uses Securom(which it did) and/or GFWL

2) Being a half assed port from the consoles

3) Not being on Steam 

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Well all i have to say is in 2 days time we may or may not get either a hint or a mention if we are lucky about Pc Version ...

with all this evidence ive read in the last 2 weeks ,about that - well yeah Plausible to say the least .

I srsly hope the Pc Version comes to us with in a resonable time frame ...

I also think they have made enough money on the Consoles now .& there for  start to think about the rest of us who would Also like to - you know Play It -

2 days fellow PC Gmers/Builders ... :) :) :)

Maybe, just maybe. I'm honestly not expecting anything PC related on Tuesday. But I do think we may hear something very soon afterward, possibly in the days following the launch of GTAO, and on or before the Japan release day. 

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:16 AM Edited by DizzeeXL, 29 September 2013 - 08:16 AM.

It will definitely be on Steam at launch, L.A. Noire and MP3 was, why not GTAV? Just imagine you open it and bam, a big GTAV banner with "Pre-order now to get access to Atomic blimp" written on it.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:16 AM Edited by Xerukal, 29 September 2013 - 08:19 AM.

Put it on Steam and it will blow up and be the constant top seller for a full year.

Just... just the thought of starting up Steam and seeing that "PRE-PURCHASE NOW" window... 

It's so beautiful, but so tragic. 

One thing's for sure though;

Suicide rates will spike if Rockstar decides to stay quiet about the PC version for the rest of the year. 

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

All I know is that as soon as we get an official confirmation from R* of a release date, I'm heading straight to the nearest gamestop and selling my PS3 copy of GTA V and putting that towards the PC version. I'll be all over the PC version like flies on sh*t. 

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by DizzeeXL, 29 September 2013 - 08:31 AM.

Put it on Steam and it will blow up and be the constant top seller for a full year.

I agree but usually games are put on Steam like a few months before release, I still wouldn't get my hopes up for November. When the Steam store page is available they want as many people as possible to pre-purchase it.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by Xerukal, 29 September 2013 - 08:40 AM.

I agree but usually games are put on Steam like a few months before release, I still wouldn't get my hopes up for November. When the Steam store page is available they want people to pre-purchase it as much as possible.

Yeah, that's what's frightening to me. 

But there have been some cases of last-minute pre-orders that still did quite well. Especially games that have a very uncertain PC release (Assassin's Creed, in example. The last few games were announced to be delayed, but didn't come to Steam until it was just couple of months away.). 

November is the best possible outcome viewpoint for me. I would be perfectly fine with December, January and early February.

Anything beyond March is just plain unacceptable, in my opinion.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:39 AM Edited by DizzeeXL, 29 September 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Anything beyong March is just plain unacceptable, in my opinion.

Yeah, unless they cut the price 40% because a lot of next games will be out. Graphically GTAV will look outdated.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Just... just the thought of starting up Steam and seeing that "PRE-PURCHASE NOW" window... 

It's so beautiful, but so tragic. 

One thing's for sure though;

Suicide rates will spike if Rockstar decides to stay quiet about the PC version for the rest of the year. 

Nah, there will be no suicides, but we will forget about it and then it will have really bad sales.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Also someone fixed that wikia page.

Hope for steam preorder :)

Also hope tomorow we get something from R* cuz its my Bday :D (but doubt it)

Trash99
  • Trash99

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:33 AM Edited by Trash99, 29 September 2013 - 09:34 AM.

It's really unlikely to come next year, because they've already earned so much money on consoles - and that's their point which has now been achieved and marketing move is done. If the evidence is right and the game is done, it's coming this November or early December. Don't forget the little things pointing out. 

The Nvidia guy is much more trustable now, I mean, how could he possibly guess it and even mention GTA V there ? Also many e-shops setting the date to 22. November, which I guess will actually be 26. November because it's Tuesday every time. 

Anyways i hope for an announcement on that festival or next week on newswire. I have my imaginary pre-order button ready since the game was announced man .. I waited for too long.

// By the way, Hi, I'm new here and I hate consoles, do you like me now ? :D

• Albert Kike likes this

Saphir
  • Saphir

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Why was this topic renamed and moved to the general GTA V section?
Please pin it!

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

It's really unlikely to come next year, because they've already earned so much money on consoles - and that's their point which has now been achieved and marketing move is done. If the evidence is right and the game is done, it's coming this November or early December. Don't forget the little things pointing out. 

The Nvidia guy is much more trustable now, I mean, how could he possibly guess it and even mention GTA V there ? Also many e-shops setting the date to 22. November, which I guess will actually be 26. November because it's Tuesday every time. 

Anyways i hope for an announcement on that festival or next week on newswire. I have my imaginary pre-order button ready since the game was announced man .. I waited for too long.

// By the way, Hi, I'm new here and I hate consoles, do you like me now ? :D

Whats good about hating?

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

I had a dream I was playing gta v on PC, the driving mechanics felt weird

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Why was this topic renamed and moved to the general GTA V section?
Please pin it!

Because soon I guess. 

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

I had a dream last week too (bout GTA V). Wasnt driving thou.

Anyway cant wait for some good GTA V PC vids (like from gamerpoop or gaming lemon)

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

I had a dream last week too (bout GTA V). Wasnt driving thou.

Anyway cant wait for some good GTA V PC vids (like from gamerpoop or gaming lemon)

Wow same here.

last month, i had a dream i was using Trevor to skydive, then switch to Michael, then my mom wake me up. :(

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

http://gta.wikia.com/GTA_V wiki says November 22 this year. I hope its true or else I would say "Tvoyu mat R*"

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

i just love the intro song:
https://www.youtube....h?v=Pd2WnHCdaWY

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Because the wiki says November 22,2013 I would say screw BF4 and ill join the GTA V club to have fun for a possible GTA SA Replacement

LUK4
  • LUK4

Snitch

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

lol i had a dream months ago that i was playing gta v demo that you could play for 15 minutes only, but it was nothing like gta v we know it today...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users