Photo

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by Game512, 27 September 2013 - 01:49 AM.

about piracy

what most game developers, publishers and perhaps you guys 1st world countries people don't realize is that the situation is quite similar with the 60 million steam users argument I posted a while ago : many many many pirates, perhaps majority of it by significant margin are 3rd world countries pirates who are not the potential market anyway; so for game developers and publishers these days to look at the number of pc pirates is simply looking at the wrong picture as these guys are probably never going to be the customers anyway.

you cannot even hope them to buy your product even if you made a perfect one due to various reasons, if instead you try to act against it with force you'd only ended up hurting your own customers.

Well, as a 3rd Country guy ( Costa Rica ) this hurts :D but I guess is true, here PC games for example a 60$ is like 90$-100$ I buy the games on Steam or Amazon anyway but the retail box one would be great, and actually here there are cracked console games everywhere but actually since I was born here I never found a store selling cracked PC games lol

There were such stores in Russia at the beginning of 2000s, when economical situation in country was much worse and Russia only started to recover from horrible times of 1990s, after the fall of Soviet Union. But Russia wasn't a big market for gaming industry and licensed games that were released in Russia officially during those times, were pretty rare.

So yes, then there were those, who without a shame were selling cracked pirated versions in official (!) magazines.

So in fact you had no choice except to go and buy this pirated version. Because sometimes you couldn't even find licensed version of the game.

There is a funny popular phrase in Russia, that became a meme - "It was the dashing 1990s, we were surviving as we could" :-)))

At the present time economical sutuation, standard of living  in Russia improved and continue to improve. Russia became a big market for gaming industry, film industry. And this market is growing with every year.

And some people are able to use this market in a smart way. People like Gabe Newell.

http://www.pcgamer.c...cess-in-russia/

“The people who are telling you that Russians pirate everything are the people who wait six months to localize their product into Russia,” said Newell. “It doesn’t take much in terms of providing a better service to make pirates a non-issue.”

“Russia now outside of Germany is our largest continental European market,” Newell was quoted as saying on Geekwire

He said this 2 years ago.

And what now? Steam is extremely popular in Russia. Since those times it became much more popular. 

• brian. likes this

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by geisweiller, 27 September 2013 - 01:43 AM.

about piracy

what most game developers, publishers and perhaps you guys 1st world countries people don't realize is that the situation is quite similar with the 60 million steam users argument I posted a while ago : many many many pirates, perhaps majority of it by significant margin are 3rd world countries pirates who are not the potential market anyway; so for game developers and publishers these days to look at the number of pc pirates is simply looking at the wrong picture as these guys are probably never going to be the customers anyway.

you cannot even hope them to buy your product even if you made a perfect one due to various reasons, if instead you try to act against it with force you'd only ended up hurting your own customers.

Well, as a 3rd Country guy ( Costa Rica ) this hurts :D but I guess is true, here PC games for example a 60$ is like 90$-100$ I buy the games on Steam or Amazon anyway but the retail box one would be great, and actually here there are cracked console games everywhere but actually since I was born here I never found a store selling cracked PC games lol

I can say the same about Brazil. Games here (PC and console) are much more expensive on stores(60-100$, specially for consoles). I'm used to buying on steam, because the price is not affected by the taxes.

Also here in Brazil, console's piracy is like 10x bigger than PC, because not many people can afford a nice PC. And you can buy a console, mod it and pay 2-10$ for a game. You can find some stores selling it or just go on "camelôs" (I don't know the english word for that. It's like small market selling a lot of pirate games, movies, cds or fake itens.)

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:45 AM Edited by KawakSallas, 27 September 2013 - 01:46 AM.

That's true, here in Brazil console piracy it's a ''common" thing

You can find GTA V for 15 R$ (about 6$) on camelôs.

Mega
  • Mega

Smartass/Joker (Freelancer)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by MegaMario1500, 27 September 2013 - 01:48 AM.

That's true, here in Brazil console piracy it's a ''common" thing

You can find GTA V for 15 R$ (about 6$) on camelôs.

Yeah, and I always found ridiculous how expensive original console games are.

I mean, not even in another life I'd pay R$200 for a Zelda game!

• BlackScout likes this

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by Game512, 27 September 2013 - 01:50 AM.

The point is that you can't ask 60$ for a game in both USA and Brazil. Because standards of living are different in those countries.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Taxes. That motherf*cking taxes f*cks up everything.

GTA V on Brazil = R$ 199 (89,30$)

At 60$ on EUA, without taxes, it will come for R$ 133 here.

It's R$ 66 (29$) on taxes.

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:01 AM Edited by Game512, 27 September 2013 - 02:02 AM.

about piracy

I can say the same about Brazil. Games here (PC and console) are much more expensive on stores(60-100$, specially for consoles). I'm used to buying on steam, because the price is not affected by the taxes.

Yes, almost the same is in Russia. 

PC games are much cheaper than in USA. 

For example, "Battlefield 4" costs $37.

But console games are more expensive, than in USA.

GTA V costs $80

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:01 AM Edited by geisweiller, 27 September 2013 - 02:05 AM.

And about the consoles? A brand new one (PS3 and Xbox) is 500$ in Brazil. You can find in USA for 269$ with GTA V! But the most outrageous is the GTA V collector's edition.You can find it on a famous bookstore (game's retailer) selling it for 450$.

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by Game512, 27 September 2013 - 02:06 AM.

And about the consoles? A brand new one (PS3 and Xbox) is 500$ in Brazil. You can find in USA for 269$ with GTA V! But the most outrageous is the GTA V collector edition.You can find it on a famous bookstore (games retailer) selling it for 450$.

That's what Gabe Newell was talking about.

Service -  this is the most important thing.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

When import things become cheaper than buying on your own country, you know something's wrong.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

I never buy new games for my PS3. I never ever buy any new game for a closed ancient pile of sh*t laying on the ground.

The maximum I want to pay is €20. I bought only one used game lol. It was not available in stores anymore.

My little brother knows a friend in our street and all the games he lends from his friend lol.

Asking €$60 for one game for sh*t consoles, they've got the balls to ask such a huge price.

And it really really sucks for Brazil to have those f*cking taxes!

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by Game512, 27 September 2013 - 02:53 AM.

When import things become cheaper than buying on your own country, you know something's wrong.

Not in this case. 

It's clearly that even now standards of living in USA and Russia are different.

So you can't ask $60 when average salary in Russia is 4 times smaller than average salary in USA.

Either you decrease the price of your game in Russia, or you'll not get profit from this market at all. 

That's how Russia became one of the main and biggest markets for Steam. After Steam all other "distributors" also decreased their prices for PC games.

And that's why consoles are not so popular in Russia as PCs. Because both consoles and games for them are even more expensive than in USA

cara2100
  • cara2100

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:25 AM Edited by Felipson, 27 September 2013 - 02:28 AM.

Rockstar is slutty besides no announcing the PC version, is still offline until the social club

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Speaking of regional prices

I had a friend from Belarus who told me there was a scam going around awhile ago on Steam, People in the EU or North America would get a friend in Russia, Belarus or Ukraine to gift-copy them the game, and the CIS versions of games were cheaper. something to do with the affordability,  so the actual equivalent in USD, CAD, Euros, whatever was about 15-20% at most,  people were getting $60 for $10 and such.

Valve started Permabanning anyone who took advantage of that.

So word to the wise,  dont' buy steam games when you're travelling abroad, not even for yourself. The last thing you want to do is make valve think you've tried to scam them out of money *like chargebacks*, because they second that happens, you're banned for life. and however many hundreds or thousands of dollars you spent on games, Goes up in flames

emb531
  • emb531

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

Anyone who says console piracy is easier than PC is brain dead. Flash an Xbox or ps3 and get back to me on how "easy" it was. Fact is, it's quite an involved process which involves physically disassembling the console with specialized tools and connecting to a PC sata port (which also involves disassembling the PC as well). There are a multitude of different drives, with incredibly specific instructions for flashing. Then you have to burn the disc correctly using specific settings, also using specific discs.

Pirating on PC couldn't be simpler, scene groups like Reloaded, Skidrow, Fairlight make it idiot proof. Mount the ISO, install, copy crack to install folder, done.

.brian has no idea what he's talking about, pretty funny actually.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by brian., 27 September 2013 - 03:25 AM.

You can go on craiglist or any site and get your sh*t flashed for cheap. You can go to game stores anywhere and find an employee who will do it for you on the side to make extra cash. You don't know what you're talking about, you are following group think assumptions and are not really qualified to make the claims you are making. Point blank.

You are a momo for even considering me daft or say I don't know what I'm talking about. It's the absolute dumbest of the things you said.

• SilverRST likes this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 27 September 2013 - 03:17 AM.

Anyone who says console piracy is easier than PC is brain dead. Flash an Xbox or ps3 and get back to me on how "easy" it was. Fact is, it's quite an involved process which involves physically disassembling the console with specialized tools and connecting to a PC sata port (which also involves disassembling the PC as well). There are a multitude of different drives, with incredibly specific instructions for flashing. Then you have to burn the disc correctly using specific settings, also using specific discs.

Pirating on PC couldn't be simpler, scene groups like Reloaded, Skidrow, Fairlight make it idiot proof. Mount the ISO, install, copy crack to install folder, done.

I had my old 360 flashed for $40 a few years ago. I simply paid for it, shipped it to the person, and received it flashed and ready to go a week later. You don't need to have "special discs" or any discs for that matter.All you need to do is load up the downloaded torrent files to a specific folder on an HDD and run it through a program manager and that's it. And E3 Flashers have literally made it so that all one needs to do is remove a few screws, plug-in the device, put screws back on - finished.

Once you get the modding aspect out of the way, it's just as easy to play pirated games on consoles.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 27 September 2013 - 03:18 AM.

As a PC gamer, I will not shy away from saying that I've pirated my share of games. BUT, 99% of the time I bought them right after if I liked them. The pirated games can be an invaluable tool in deciding whether or not the game is worht shelling out $60 for, especially since demos are an extreme rarity nowadays. 

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

As a PC gamer, I will not shy away from saying that I've pirated my share of games. BUT, 99% of the time I bought them right after if I liked them. The pirated games can be an invaluable tool in deciding whether or not the game is worht shelling out $60 for, especially since demos are an extreme rarity nowadays. 

haha yes, try the 'extended demo' and then just buy the game when it's on a massive sale months later so the developers can't get a profit out of you... that's how the unfortunate human psychology work lol.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

In that video brian posted those developers said they didn't mind pirates. They actually would rather have people pirate the game and play it than not pirate it and not play it.

They also said basically the same thing about sales. If the game didn't go on sale they likely wouldn't have sold it to 90% of those who bought it. It's money they never would have seen anyways.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 27 September 2013 - 04:19 AM.

haha yes, try the 'extended demo' and then just buy the game when it's on a massive sale months later so the developers can't get a profit out of you... that's how the unfortunate human psychology work lol.

Months later? Try a couple days later. Nice job making a terrible assumption about me when I clearly stated I buy them "right after".Don't know about you, but I don't like paying $60 of my hard earned money for sloppily developed games, or trash. If the game is ass, I delete it and never look into it again. If the game is good, I play it for a day, maybe two days at most, then I delete it and purchase it. I support hard working devs that produce quality material. Stop acting righteous and get off your high horse. 

PaYnE18
  • PaYnE18

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

You are the brain dead hahaha, my cousin who has an Xbox 360, he just went to a Console Store so they can flash his garbage Xbox for like 35$ and after like 3 days they called him and it was done lol FLASHED XBOX HUE

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:33 AM Edited by Blaster_nl, 27 September 2013 - 04:34 AM.

I never buy new games for my PS3. I never ever buy any new game for a closed ancient pile of sh*t laying on the ground.

The maximum I want to pay is €20. I bought only one used game lol. It was not available in stores anymore.

My little brother knows a friend in our street and all the games he lends from his friend lol.

Asking €$60 for one game for sh*t consoles, they've got the balls to ask such a huge price.

And it really really sucks for Brazil to have those f*cking taxes!

2 questions:

- Why do you have a ps3?

- When will you buy V on pc? At launch at the months after it will be more than €20

brian, hmm, it depends on the siuation I guess. If I would pirate on pc, i just use my usenet subscription to download the game, which often comes with a crack, and else there is megagames. Literally, kids stuff.

I have both an unmodded xbox and ps3, so unless I jtag\jackbreak them, there is no way i can pirate and play games. And if I were to do that, I risk my account being banned from using the online services. To avoid any risk, I would need to keep it away from having an internet connection, which I don't want because I want to play online too.

It's just more complicated, for me at least. Also, did you know it took quite a few years for the first PS3 jailbreak? (but since the nextgen is x86 architecture and all, it won't probably take too long, from my understanding at least)

• brian. likes this

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:49 AM Edited by brian., 27 September 2013 - 05:15 AM.

Watch this. The hour this is gonna take for me to write this is gonna be worth the lifetime of pleasure I can spread around and take like 2 whole minutes to read.

In the age of the declining demo, (thanks to publishers not the developers, and also the increasing size of game worlds and storage required, though a game like GTA does not lend itself to demos for the size reasons, it also doesn't due to its open world nature - as the tech changed, it's impossible to give you "1 level" of GTA cause it is one world,  and of course, the size limits any realistic shot at "15 minute trial demo" or anything like that, same problem for many games. In many cases, even a free level is a bit too big to give as a demo - it depends on how much you're paying to move those bits to the consumer's device), sometimes piracy is the ONLY chance a developer has to get in front of a PC gamer's eyes these days. You can't rent or borrow a game, you can't get it used, and we all have at least 50% of our steam games that we like and would like to play but that just never make time for or want to play something else instead - wasted money.

I justify it by saying "well, when i play with people, they have a selection to choose from"

Honestly, I haven't pirated a game and played it since I grabbed a nocd key for san andreas to get around my issues with 3.0 on Steam to play MTA again.

Had the hard copy of San Andreas before that, and it was literally just easier to keep a copy of it on my disk and use no-cd as well.

People also equate no-cd patches to pure piracy. I have as you see used no-dvd patch for GTA San Andreas before I rebought it on steam because of the simple fact I don't want my drive running, I don't want a disc always needing to be put in every time I play a different game.

Steam solved every single issue for me with that, except with San Andreas and Multi Theft Auto. There are probably other games you need unofficial downgrades or alternative exe's for, but of my 100+ games on steam, it's all just fine and they have answered that issue.

Prior to now I didn't really game a lot, and I had stopped gaming for a while after San Andreas on PS2 and Half Life 2 on PC, and then Steam and PC gaming grew and evolved and became the community and all the sales and most important of all, all the great games to play today. Games get less and less sh*tty over time. New gamers may never truly appreciate just how sh*tty games used to be. Even most of PS1 with only a few gems.

Back then, it was "just gta" for a guy my age at the time (29 now). I would play GTA every time it came out on PS2, and I had some valve games on steam I got with the collection before the Orange Box, i forget what it was called, limited or special edition or something with 5 discs.

I didn't even use the discs. I used the code in steam and threw the box of cd's in the trash lol. I bullsh*t you not. I didn't trust steam back then. I didn't like it. I thought it was too heavy, and indeed, it WAS too intensive for many decent machines for a long time. People hated it. I never looked back. I ditched all my hard copies, rebought my rockstar games (still need to get bully, but doesn't count, I am talking about the PC versions of my Rockstar games, but do need to get Bully again, miss it and want to show someone something in it, just not a priority right now :p )

I would have had to do massive updates to the CDs anyway every time I used to install them if I didn't anyway, I just straight downloaded from the code and it was over, my town happened to have high speed at the time of course and the CD's were there for limited internet speed or availability, especially back in those not so distant days.

I am describing probably 3/4 of the worlds gaming population's current circumstances. The audience has grown so much so fast that many, many people are dong everything i am explaining right now.

Many PS3 and Xbox 360 owners who were about the age or level of reasoning now that I was back in the end of PS2's times - They are seeing more and more videos and screens than I ever did, as well, about PC games that make them scratch their head and wonder "why the f*ck am I paying Microsoft money just to play multiplayer?"

"Why the f*ck does my 500 dollar console not outperform that 369 dollar PC?"

Etc. They are getting a PC game on their middle to low PC that HAS to be more capable than the LAPTOP I used back then :p

They are not just googling for GTA III easter eggs and then seeing screenshots of not just better textures but WHOLE NEW AREAS added onto Liberty City and losing their minds and slowly changing over to PC-only gaming when they eventually meet Steam and Half Life 2 and it influences them to never buy a console again -

No, my friends, today's generation who is in the beef markets (the ones where everything and especially value is available and not artificially inflated compared to other places) - these guys are flooded with youtube videos of comparisons between console versions of games and PC versions being talked about in the comments and watching GTA IV videos that look like real f*cking life after ENB is applied (correctly enb, not the ugly, for my blast and ash loves ;) ) and then Youtube video compression mangles it and it makes a 480p video game video look like a 240p video of real f*cking life right in their eyes.

They lose their minds when they see the HD video setting and start looking around at even stock GTA videos with a million cars and people around and they start realizing - these consoles are cool and all, but they but they are beginning to warrant their own disuse.

I can't go to new islands and old maps in GTA on console, I can't see clearly far away because not enough little squares are drawing the image, I can't see high definition on things even up close, and I can't even play online on 360 or enjoy special deals on PS3 unless I pay those motherf*ckers.

They are noticing that they could just be typing to their friends instead of f*cking with joysticks. Especially the ones who don't like voice messaging or headsets (examples like people are VERY concerned about GTA making you yell at it to rob people faster).

They are noticing how many OTHER things you can do on your PC now. At a MUCH larger level than I ever did, you know what I'm saying?

They are seeing "San Andreas in GTA IV" or even "fake GTA V videos" prior to launch that are really SA:RAGE (san andreas GTA IV mod) and googling to see "how the f*ck did they do that?"

They are seeing, then, tutorials for gta modding, and learning even about ISO modding for consoles when they become persistent to be able to do it on their consoles, some successful in usually unmeaningful ways, they are learning how things work and it's brilliant.

They are so much more exposed than I ever was, even just a short while ago. Even from my own somewhat connected perspective, people are able to see so much more than I ever could when I was their age. The average gamer is 33 to 35 years old with some flex to account for global and sub markets in gaming, but they have been around for 20+ years. That's the vast majority of the PC gaming population at this time. The slightly larger console base is the other way around, where it's more rare to see/play among grow'd ups than a kid on those. But there are plenty of teens on steam and lots of adults on XBL and PSN as well.

They are seeing that they can make their own games free and if successful pay very little money at first with Unreal Engine, they are seeing Unity engine and Cryengine and they are seeing all kinds of screencasts about their favorite thing - all of this meta that surrounds Gaming, outside of the game - the creativity, the diving force in each and all aspects of the industry's innovation that lies in the PC platform, in every possible aspect "PC is why". They are learning through word of mouth like this and also learning through online shopping and making comparisons and learning how easy it is from more youtube videos to build and also how cheap (so cheap) in comparison and they are word of mouthing and now they are learning about SteamOS.

One of the BIGGEST barriers that no PC Gamer EVER tells ANYONE about for PC gaming is the Operating System. It's a very significant set back. It can do alot, but it is costly as well, and required for entry.

And now Steam is going to make it possible for people to build just a tower, or just a microatx media center, cheaper, use the Xbox controller they already have and plug it right into the TV, completely removing the rather expensive awesome operating system cost, without having to buy the newer sh*tty version of that operating system to do it. It's awesome.

The people that are downloading games illegitimately in the beef markets are tomorrows windfall profits. Every time they search certain ways to figure out how to crack this or how to put that mod into their xbox version of the game and so on - these people are not scum, most of them are kids and kids aren't scum either, everyone has dipped in the bucket at some point and took a free sip, and everyone eventually realizes that paying for their content on the platform that gives them the most for their dollar is a much much higher value than messing with your console or letting someone flash it or doing disc swaps with slim ps2 - blah blah blah, no one wants to do that crap, and value-added multiplayer strategies, persistent service-based gaming, in forms like Steam as a provider and accounts with services like Social Club and so on - these things completely and utterly deflate piracy today.

Gabe Newell has created the master platform. Seriously. Gamers in general are the Master Race. Not just PC gamers. Gamers in general. We're the fastest growing most profitable audience in the entire world - over and over again with no intermediaries - And you don't start out riding a 1300cc street eater on your very first ride - you start on your moped, learn the ropes, and then get with the big boys. No one who doesn't identify an aspect of themselves as "gamer" would really understand. It's a culture of its own, and it is very hard to define. History has been repeating itself and I've watched it so many times and done so much research and seen so many things first-hand for myself that I can speculate with authority about it at this point. I was everything from Nintendo until Now, and by the time it was PS3 and 360 time, those platforms just didn't make sense to me - financially AND potentially.

If I put GTA IV down to 720p man, just no. But I really was okay with San Andreas being 480p. I was totally fine with 1024x768 being the standard for a decade on PC - I was totally cool with those low resolutions. But I hadn't seen 1280x1024+AA yet. I hadn't seen full1080, San Andreas still looks good because it is very low def and 480p is perfect for it on a television screen, when you play it at high resolution you can see holes in the map where models meet at their edges and it's ugly and blurry without graphical mods. 1024x768, very high, anti aliased (if you rig allows the built in, or using driver) though, it is beautiful. Monitor needs higher res to look nice, tv's handle the low standard media resolutions over the years better. But they are too small to be meaningful screenspace anyway.

That last point does not illustrate "I was dumb and I didn't know any better", no, that last point simply illustrates that at the very core, at the very center for people, it's all been about experiencing something better than you were used to, and not being able to go back. Who would ever want to smoke mids after you've smoked strains?

No one pays more when they know they can pay less and get better.

You're not going back to playing with yourself once you play cod online. And you're not going back to 720p when you've experienced higher resolutions,with higher resolution assets that actually support the resolution. GTA V falls a bit short of meeting 720p, that's the cause ofthe talk about bad textures. The PC version's high textures will alow for it to look nicer, and I'll probably just play slightly higher than 720p since MSAA is supported and I will want to record gameplay anyway. 

The steambox is going to accelerate the living sh*t out of all of this - it's happennninggggggg.

ZDcG16Y.gif

• GTAAPGAMER likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

This guy...

• lizlemon likes this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Just found this while scanning through a GTA V PC related thread on the facepunch forums. This is regarding the change log dev file and this user gave this as the release date for the PC. I know it's not much, if anything, and there's no reason we should take his word for it, but I thought it was interesting. What do you guys think?

hopefu10.png

• lh1 and brian. like this

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:42 AM Edited by brian., 27 September 2013 - 05:45 AM.

I recognize Woovie. And Rockstar is down with MTA. It's probably not bullsh*t.

Someone might be gettin a job too.

I want to see the press kit like a mofo

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:47 AM Edited by lh1, 27 September 2013 - 05:51 AM.

Just found this while scanning through a GTA V PC related thread on the facepunch forums. This is regarding the change log dev file and this user gave this as the release date for the PC. I know it's not much, if anything, and there's no reason we should take his word for it, but I thought it was interesting. What do you guys think?

hopefu10.png

Great post ! Well let's consider his post which is 3000+ posts, then he has alot of linked accounts too as well as the fact he's a member since 2006. So I guess yea, this information is legit.

The problem is though, does he mean November 2013 as the release date or announcement date? Because if it's the release date, then we can definitely expect it to be announced by October 10th, 2013.

Here's the link if anyone is interested to know 

http://facepunch.com...=1#post42286841

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Here's another one. So it appears that this woozie guy was himself a dev, and does actually know people working in the industry. This might actually hold some water. 

hopefu11.png

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:57 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 27 September 2013 - 05:58 AM.

The problem is though, does he mean November 2013 as the release date or announcement date? Because if it's the release date, then we can definitely expect it to be announced by October 10th, 2013.

Here's the link if anyone is interested to know 

http://facepunch.com...=1#post42286841

Reading through the thread, I believe that is what he meant - release date. Isn't Tuesday October 1st as well? The day GTAO is launched. 

Edit: I'm not saying that's what he meant, that it would be announced on Tuesday. Just speculating.

And yeah. The fact that he's a long time poster with over 3,000 + posts says something. 

• lh1 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users